Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Divorced, but not really?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 125
Divorced, but not really?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

Another thing is he almost certainly rides with Shimano

Don't those Magna bicycles from Target cause constipation?
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 126
Divorced, but not really?
Posted: 11/23/2015 2:30:05 AM

LOL, Oh thank goodness, there is a riding partner. Here I was thinking he was all alone, or......?....? should I say single?

I shouldn't think he bikes with monkfish.
 MHtraveler
Msg: 127
Posted: 11/23/2015 6:29:20 AM
Hi all,

It appears slightly more than half of the responders say "yes", or mostly yes, to posting my status as "single" or "divorced", providing I divulge my status details early on after meeting. Quite a few didn't directly answer, but it was helpful for me to see what people thought of my separated/divorced status.

I had my second date on Saturday. She asked me out to a micro-brewery, and after our second round of beers was served, I told her about the health insurance stipulation and not getting a divorce decree for three years. She smiled and said it was OK. Later that evening, she asked if I wanted to go out together this Friday, and I said yes :)

For the time being, I'm going to continue to list myself as "single" or "divorced" on online dating sites. If I meet someone that takes offense, I will change it back to "separated".

Thank you all for your honest responses to my posted question!
 call_me_tater
Msg: 128
Posted: 11/23/2015 7:29:29 AM
MHtraveler,
I'm so glad you were able to pull something constructive out of this.
Best of luck to you.
Remember, someone, somewhere will always take offense to something.

Look at Cycling99....he has had a bit of a meltdown over this.
Decompensated from writing complete sentences to babbling about bizarre things.
I fear he is rocking in a corner somewhere.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 129
Posted: 11/23/2015 9:39:36 AM
Hey OP>

think the general consensus was that as long as you tell the person if it looks like you might go somewhere, you should be good (then if they had issues with it you know right away; otherwise no harm no foul); and you did that, then you're golden. Congrats on her reaction being one that makes you happy, and have an awesome third date!!!
happy thanksgiving!
 goldenbear60
Msg: 130
Posted: 11/23/2015 9:43:57 AM
You are 62 years old, do what you want, when you want. Who cares what some tight azzed people on a dating site forum think. You can pose this question and get a multitude of answers. I've seen these arguments over people that are widowed and choose after a certain length of time to list themselves as single. Or people that are divorced and list themselves as single. Some people go nuts if you list yourself as "average" when you maybe should be "a few extra pounds" or think we should all list our weight or BMI. Hell, to some on here if you don't smile in your profile picture it automatically means you have no teeth. It goes on and on. Geezus.

Do what works for you.
 Rapunzel2016
Msg: 131
Posted: 11/25/2015 2:43:04 PM
There's someone for everyone, but you cannot find the right someone if you don't show who you TRULY are.

So my advice to anyone is to be your authentic self!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Divorced, but not really?