Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Online dating women have the upper hand      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 101
Online dating women have the upper handPage 5 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

Those pesky aliens and their abductions.

NASA really needs to start doing something about this.

Getting more emails from women doesn't guarantee success.

Perhaps not, but it certainly increases the odds.
I doubt there are many people who meet up with someone who has never viewed their profile or sent an email.
It's gotta start somewhere.

Surely that is simple.

And don't call me Surely.
 HereComesYourSun
Msg: 102
Online dating women have the upper hand
Posted: 11/23/2015 7:48:16 PM
Per innergorilla-

"We are not the hottest guys, but we can get a ton of women. Plenty of gorgeous women. And we are not hot looking, or young, or super rich. We have attitude. Thus we are picky. And when we will date, and we will fvck, and we will have a good time, and we will break some people's hearts. But we are looking for that one. When we find her, we will keep her. We will fight for her. We will love her unconditionally. We will die for her. Big time. But we are even more picky than women. And a lot of women go after our type."

And there it is.
No whining, no complaining. Exactly what it should be. Thank you IG! Least we know there's one out there!
 south_city
Msg: 103
Posted: 11/24/2015 6:24:23 AM

Well, yeah, you throw enough darts at the wall and you're bound to get one to stick. Guess I wasn't saying that it really means anything, as most of the messages I get are scams/not my...type/dumb. I might get one or two messages/month that are actually worth my time.

On Match, I was interested in about 50% of the women that contacted me first. It was lower on POF. About 25%.

Perhaps not, but it certainly increases the odds.
I doubt there are many people who meet up with someone who has never viewed their profile or sent an email.
It's gotta start somewhere.

I agree. I said that was my experience in the rest of my previous post.

As for men not liking women because they made first contact, I suppose that can be true in some cases. But I think most of time, they simply weren't interested in these particular women. Just like a man that emails dozens of women and gets very few positive replies because they weren't interested in him for whatever reason.
 ohenryx
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2015 10:38:45 AM

PenelopeLeChat
However, if I really like you there might be room for your shoes under my bed. (winks) lol

What, my shoes have to be under the bed? I can’t just leave them out so they’ll be easier to find in the morning?

And if I do leave them out, and you stumble over them in the dark, then you’re going to give me a hard time about that, right?

It’s no wonder we’re all living alone these days!
 Dinno76
Msg: 105
Posted: 11/24/2015 10:49:18 AM
When it comes to online dating women have always had the upper hand and they always will . That is just the way it is.
 GoodVibes7
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2015 1:07:01 PM
Why is PoF preventing me from logging in ??
It notified my email (goodvibes1378@yahoo.com) that I had mail, but when I try to log in, the screen just stays the same but with my password dots erased. I changed my password, & the same keeps happening. Don't know why PoF is letting me write here, but not letting me view my mail.
And of course it lets me view "Upgrade."
If anybody can help me out, please email me at goodvibes1378@yahoo.com ~ thanx !!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2015 8:00:02 PM
walts

If you didn't bring alcohol into every post you make, you may do better lol!! Gets tedious.
 patchjoker13
Msg: 108
Posted: 11/24/2015 11:58:17 PM
The men making the first contact thing is not really up for debate. I am sure there are women who send out messages, I am sure there are guys that get messages without having to send any out first. But......that does not mean that these are the norms. There is already tons of statistics out about this, some done by independent studies and some were given by the sites themselves. Most read the same....men make first contact over 80% of the time, for every one message sent by females 20 are sent by males, females are twenty times more likely to get an initial message than men, on average a man will have to send out over a hundred message before a date is scheduled,...so on and so on.... You have to realize the world of OLD is not truly represented in these forums but the truth does becomes more clear when you look at the tendencies of the millions of other people who utilize these sites.
 Rapunzel2016
Msg: 109
Posted: 11/25/2015 2:49:39 PM

men make first contact over 80% of the time, for every one message sent by females 20 are sent by males, females are twenty times more likely to get an initial message than men, on average a man will have to send out over a hundred message before a date is scheduled,...so on and so on.... You have to realize the world of OLD is not truly represented in these forums but the truth does becomes more clear when you look at the tendencies of the millions of other people who utilize these sites.

What he said!
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 110
Posted: 11/25/2015 3:29:18 PM
Oh Oh OHenryx ^^^^ msg 110

Broken toes in the middle of the night are not fun. especially if someone try's to suck on them... If you put your shoes under the bed you know where they are and not stumbling and cussing to ruin the mood. *did I spell ruin right?*
 Dinno76
Msg: 111
Posted: 11/30/2015 12:51:50 PM
There are a lot more men than ladies on most dating sites. So women get more messages than men.
 ohenryx
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2015 1:54:58 PM

PenelopeLeChat
Oh Oh OHenryx ^^^^ msg 110

Broken toes in the middle of the night are not fun. especially if someone try's to suck on them... If you put your shoes under the bed you know where they are and not stumbling and cussing to ruin the mood. *did I spell ruin right?*

What’s this? Sucking on toes? Now you’re gonna go and get kinky on me???

I don’t have a foot fetish, although I will admit to giving a great foot rub. Once upon a time I dated a nurse, who spent long hours on her feet. Nothing she liked better than a good foot rub once she got off work. And a good foot rub often progresses into a back rub, and everyone knows where that leads!!!
 Strings6
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2015 3:21:06 PM
Some women have the upper hand and some dont
 backcreek7
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2015 4:49:45 PM
"relationship that worked from age 17 to 52 "
Hey tangofish ~ Just ment I've been in one relationship or another in that time period....
~ Life is good, brother ~ what a lucky man, I am
 hemingway234
Msg: 115
Posted: 12/3/2015 10:15:56 AM
Women have filed first in 2/3rds of all divorces. It's been this way for over 100 years. Yes, women have the upper hand in dating and relationships, online and off - they usually have the power of beauty and intuition - in other words, they have better legs and are quicker than guys. I say good for them!

But in reality, it only gives them a slight edge..... it takes two to tango.

Also, men can bridge the gap with the number's game and the dreaded form letter (gasp!).
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 116
Posted: 12/3/2015 10:22:28 AM
Guess I've got the upper hand on women.

I have a reject first, preemptive strike policy which explains...why I'm still single.

I divorced 3 of them.

Perhaps I'm too picky?
 coffeetogo127
Msg: 117
Posted: 12/3/2015 11:35:25 AM
Letitia, Walts has to bring alcohol into every post he makes. First of all, he doesn't travel far without it, and secondly if he doesn't mention it at least once we will wonder if someone has hacked his profile.

This way we know it's him! (I'm not sure Walt's isn't doing exactly as well as he likes :) )
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 118
Posted: 12/3/2015 11:38:21 AM

Yes, women have the upper hand in dating and relationships, online and off - they usually have the power of beauty and intuition -

What intuition?

If they really had intuition, wouldn't they use it to avoid marrying all these guys they have to divorce later because they aren't happy?
 Strings6
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2015 3:04:19 PM
It also depends on the man,if you find yourself at a disadvantage most of the time in relationships with women then perhaps you need to change something about yourself and the way you approach and deal with women...."**** whipped" is not a meaningless phrase.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 120
Posted: 12/3/2015 4:32:10 PM
Well...I wouldn't take the Sean Connery approach to women either.

Just sayin'...
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2015 10:47:51 PM

Oh no, not this stuff again.

No, women don't have any upper hand. Nor men. You just gotta understand that whenever you're thinking of stuff like this, you're only thinking of certain kinds of people. But not the whole demographic.

Just like when people want to think that men are more sex driven - sorry, an equivalent percentage of women are quite sex driven. Women think with their head and men with their penis? Just propaganda bullshyt.

Girls mature faster than boys? You're stupid as shyt if you let yourself believe this crap.

Or men are more visual - sorry, just as true for women. And not as true for men anyway.

Women have a problem with men only going for low-hanging fruit? What-freaking-ever. Know how some gripe because allegedly women go for the so-called bad boys? Well, that's just a case of some women going for the low-hanging fruit, as well as other things. And many of the women who believe themselves to be high-hanging fruit...aren't very high-hanging at all. Not by a long-shot.

Men are the ones who use lines and manipulative game? Nope. Many women are constantly guilty of their version of this. Don't be fooled.

And then again the thing about women having an upper hand...or being the ones who choose or make the choice, etc. It's kind of a game of chicken, or a game of bluff. Sometimes there might be a trend of the one blinking, which puts the other in an advantageous position such that it's doubly hard to regain the initial equal position...

...but the thing is, lots of people choose to not operate this way in the first place. Look for those people, instead of only recognizing and acknowledging the ones which you shouldn't be looking for and griping about.
 Strings6
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2015 2:44:12 PM
Showboat,dont know what the Sean Connery approach is but I know he has never lacked female companionship,a man just needs to respect himself in regard to women and give respect in return,at 55 a man realizes he has never met a woman he couldn't live without and its not likely he ever will,so friendship and companionship become the main thing he looks for.....then you have some who never advance beyond high school and fall in "love" once or twice a month with "the one" they usually have the lower hand.
 Maleman999
Msg: 123
Posted: 12/7/2015 3:33:24 PM
Women might have the upper hand early on in the game when they're young, have an hour glass shaped body, and have guys of every age pursuing them. But once they have 1 or 2 failed marriages/relationships, maybe kids as well-which means being permanently attached to an ex, and possibly ending up bitter because life did not turn into a fairy tale, the pendulum starts to tilt the other way. It takes some women a long time to get rid of baggage, and some never lose the baggage. Guys can be bitter with some baggage as well after a marriage/relationship goes belly up, but guys are trained by society to suck it up and move on in life, and self pity is not allowed because it's deemed as being weak. Men must appear strong at all times, because men know looking confident is the key to success in the dating game.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 124
Posted: 12/7/2015 3:55:27 PM
I would happily take Sean Connery.

vvvvvv
Sean Connery hits women???

I will go to my search engine to check.

Really??

Sean Connery hits women?
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 125
Connery had the upper hand
Posted: 12/7/2015 4:03:19 PM
In this interview with Sean Connery, Barbara Walters reminds him of a time he said, “It’s not the worst thing to slap a woman now and then.” Mr. Connery becomes seemingly agitated and goes on to describe when he thinks the situation “merits” a good open-handed smackdown. Essentially, Connery argues that if you’re having an argument and you’re trying to get the last word in and the woman won’t let you have it…then “it’s absolutely right.”

http://totalfratmove.com/throwback-thursday-sean-connery-on-slapping-women/

An open-handed slap is justified, if all other alternatives fail and there has been plenty of warning. If a woman is a bitch, or hysterical, or bloody-minded continually, then I’d do it.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Online dating women have the upper hand