Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why are people so against May-December relationships?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 26
Why are people so against May-December relationships?Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Whilst I have no expectations.
I do have a first meet with a man on Sunday from a paid site.
We are both 56 but his age limitations are 40-50.
Which means I would not be able to contact him.
He made contact with me, offered his phone number and suggested we meet.
Maybe he is not good with numbers.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 27
Why are people so against May-December relationships?
Posted: 11/26/2015 5:41:44 AM
^^^
Bummer.

I don't respond to older women seeking men younger then myself.

You're a patient person.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/26/2015 9:00:44 AM
Because young guys have nothing in common with older women, making true intimacy and thus true love a fantasy.

-----

I call bullshit, because the same thing could be said for older men, younger women, but society has no issue with that. It's a cultural thing that women are supposed to go disappear as we go older, we are only "valuable" when we are young, and when we are past a certain age, we are supposed to be only good for much older men to serve as a nurse. No thank you.
 daynadaze
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2015 9:15:48 AM
Society has had issues with older men and younger women for as long as it's been going on. Society isn't important to your decisions to date someone much older or younger, unless you care what society thinks. But big age differences are always going to be gossiped about, always have been. There's a reason for that, but again, the reason is meaningless to those who wish to engage in it.
 Like2dance
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2015 9:34:02 AM
What I have noticed when younger men couple up with older women is that they are there for easily available sexual favors and/or money. Some of the far younger men are gay and are known as walkers.

Back when I was in high school several of the teen age boys I knew had sex with older women to learn from them. Young men in the Caribbean hook up with middle aged tourist women for sex and obtain money from them even after they return home. These women are referred to as milk bottles by these youthful men.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/26/2015 9:36:24 AM

These women are referred to as milk bottles by these youthful men.

Sounds more like Milk Dud to me, or an Utter Failure...

YMMV
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/26/2015 10:18:22 AM
What I have noticed when younger men couple up with older women is that they are there for easily available sexual favors and/or money. Some of the far younger men are gay and are known as walkers.

Back when I was in high school several of the teen age boys I knew had sex with older women to learn from them. Young men in the Caribbean hook up with middle aged tourist women for sex and obtain money from them even after they return home. These women are referred to as milk bottles by these youthful men.

---

And younger women hook up with older men for money and security, while still going after the hot young/same age guys.

Men have been frequenting prostitutes or travelling to third world countries for sex with under-aged women forever - in comparison, there are very very few older women who pay for sex or travel to have sex with young men.

Men always think they can "hurt" older women with these "all these young guys want from you is sex" remark. Pitiful attempt to "keep them down", so they don't get "big egos". Haha, not working, sorry, because maybe, just maybe, we are FINE with just having sex with hot young guys. Plus - shocker - even OLD men want to use women (old/same age/younger) for sex. Nothing new here, but if I'm going to have meaningless sex, it's definitely going to be with a hot young guy, and it's not going to cost me a dime, as opposed to guys usually having to pay for it in some way.
 ohenryx
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2015 11:22:34 AM

TrvstinKarma
Men always think they can "hurt" older women with these "all these young guys want from you is sex" remark. Pitiful attempt to "keep them down", so they don't get "big egos". Haha, not working, sorry, because maybe, just maybe, we are FINE with just having sex with hot young guys. Plus - shocker - even OLD men want to use women (old/same age/younger) for sex. Nothing new here, but if I'm going to have meaningless sex, it's definitely going to be with a hot young guy, and it's not going to cost me a dime, as opposed to guys usually having to pay for it in some way.

I’ve got a news flash for you. Everyone pays, one way or the other. It might not be money, it might be just with your valuable time, or your emotions, or putting up with things you don’t like …

Reminds me of the old joke about prostitutes: You don’t pay them for sex, you pay them to leave afterwards.
 cookymaker
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2015 2:01:37 PM
I say if they are happy.. leave them be.
My dad was 10 years younger that my mom. They were very happy until she had died of heart failure when she was only 48. When he got married the second time.. he was 41 and she was 24. They had 6 children together and lasted 23 years until he passed at 64. She dated younger men for a while after that.. very active woman who loves to dance.
It isn't always about sex. It can actually be about common values, outlooks - chemistry

Most men even just 4 or 5 years older than me say I am to vivacious for them and they can not keep up with me. I am talking about life in general. They want to take afternoon naps,,. I want to run out and see the world

Younger? A funny story. I did go to a company Christmas party with a young man about 21 years my junior. He had been my son's best friend ( I lost my son to cancer) so he thought I might like to meet some of my son's former co workers
While sitting at the table, one of the women asked us if we had children. I tried not to bust out laughing and just politely said we are just friends. Then I turned to my dinner companion and whispered "wow,, just call me Mrs Robinson" He asked me "Who is Mrs Robinson" Goo Goo acho... too young LOL
 goldenbear60
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/26/2015 4:00:26 PM
Finally Karma, you said it out loud - "..just maybe, we are FINE with just having sex with hot young guys." As I've said all along, sex is just sex and who cares ...no slut shaming there. Just don't kid yourself and make it into more than what it is...its just sex. You like to have sex with young guys, it's as simple as that.

Carry on.
 BeautyBabie
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/26/2015 4:59:37 PM
How did this become a thread about sex? I was talking about age difference relationships not sexual encounters.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/26/2015 7:38:55 PM
Every thread here eventually becomes about sex, or turns into a p"""""ing contest of some kind...
 daynadaze
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2015 7:52:14 PM

Finally Karma, you said it out loud - "..just maybe, we are FINE with just having sex with hot young guys."

Goes along with the people who insist that all women are emotional and have to be in love, etc. Just another way to slam someone. And of course it goes the other way too, with the people who insist that all men want is sex.
 youandgo34
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/26/2015 9:00:42 PM
Please... Nobody is jealous or cares about old women having sex with young guys. As golden says, just don't make more of it than there is. Young guys love sex. But you know what they love even more, having sex with women they love. To fall in love, there has to be a commonality of interests. Most guys won't be falling in love with woman old enough to be their mothers. Think Mrs Robinson. Dustin Hoffman fell in love with her daughter, not her. To him, she was an old woman.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/26/2015 9:39:04 PM
Please... Nobody is jealous or cares about old women having sex with young guys. As golden says, just don't make more of it than there is. Young guys love sex. But you know what they love even more, having sex with women they love. To fall in love, there has to be a commonality of interests. Most guys won't be falling in love with woman old enough to be their mothers. Think Mrs Robinson. Dustin Hoffman fell in love with her daughter, not her. To him, she was an old woman.

--

Newsflash - Dustin Hoffman didn't fall in love with Mrs. Robinson's daughter- his CHARACTER that he played in a MOVIE did. You realize this is not real life, right? How about some real life examples? Prince Charles didn't love young gorgeous Diana - he married her to bear kids, but was in love with an older women (older than Diana) and ended up marrying her as soon as he could. How about Tina Turner being with the same man for decades, who is younger than her? How about Hugh Jackman, who has been married to his 13 years older wife for 20 years?

More examples here:
http://www.angelfire.com/stars4/lists/couples-age-differences2.html

Bottom line - if the chemistry is right, age doesn't matter. The divorce rate is 50%, and most couples still a have the traditional older man/younger woman (at least by a few years). So that success rate is not exactly stellar either. It's a crab shoot regardless of age.
 goldenbear60
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/26/2015 9:57:18 PM
How many real live people that you know have a long term May/December relationship? How many in your social circle, those you work with? No one cares about movie stars. And the Charles/Diana thing...Charles had fallen in love with Camilla years before he met Diana so it's not van a fair example.

as for divorce rates, you're divorced and the chance of you divorcing #2 is even higher than 50% and it won't matter if he's 25 or 45. Do what you want.
 youandgo34
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/27/2015 6:32:05 AM
The actual divorce rate is far less than 50%..This frequently repeated myth has always been wrong. And Golden is right. In Real life, few see these relationships. And when we do see young guys with relatively old women, we guys smirk because we know what it's about.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/27/2015 6:42:09 AM
Glad we made it this far without any DSM-V classifications.
 Chromis1
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2015 8:09:36 AM

The actual divorce rate is far less than 50%..This frequently repeated myth has always been wrong.

It is? Who says?
 hemingway234
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/27/2015 8:41:18 AM
If you like younger peeps, why not date somebody with the young gene who looks like Christie Brinkley or****Clark? You'll make things easier for ya in the long run.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/27/2015 10:19:30 AM

Most guys won't be falling in love with woman old enough to be their mothers. Think Mrs Robinson. Dustin Hoffman fell in love with her daughter, not her. To him, she was an old woman.

Exactly !

1. The kids having sex with older women either can't get women their own age into bed or they have issues ( overactive sexual appetite or attempting to compensate for insecurities, for example ).

2.Any kid who has sex with an older woman to get his ginas time will drop the old woman for a young hottie like a hot potato EVERY TIME.

Any woman who believes otherwise is delusional.....IMO
 BeautyBabie
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/27/2015 10:39:03 AM
When I started this thread I was mostly talking about younger women with older men but ya'll took it in a different direction. Alright then!
 youandgo34
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/27/2015 11:38:48 AM
Chromis, even at a it's worst, divorce rates were never 50% across the board. Today, with some groups, like college educated, closer to 25%.. Google it.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/27/2015 11:59:22 AM
2.Any kid who has sex with an older woman to get his ginas time will drop the old woman for a young hottie like a hot potato EVERY TIME.

----

Young does not always equal hotter. Plenty of unattractive young women (and men) out there. And I doubt you can speak for every single young guy , it's just wishful thinking on your part, you want to devalue older women for some reason. Tell that to Hugh Jackman and Prince Charles - they could easily get young hotties but picked plain, older women instead.

BTW, men leave their slightly younger or same age women for other/younger women all the time - it's a character thing, not an age thing.

LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/27/2015 12:15:30 PM

BeautyBabie:
Anywhere you look or hear about a couple who has a significant age difference people always make negative comments (if not to their face behind their back) or say it's wrong or too bad so and so couldn't find anyone else closer to their age. As long as it's legal I don't see a problem with it,

Don’t pay attention to the naysayers. You only live once, enjoy your life with whomever you choose. At the end of the day the only person you need to please is yourself.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why are people so against May-December relationships?