Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why are people so against May-December relationships?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Why are people so against ....staying on topic ?Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
iredurbio

No more than fifty year old men who want the 25 year old woman and sure they can get them if they open their wallet often enough.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 102
Why are people so against May-December relationships?
Posted: 12/7/2015 6:26:11 AM

i prefer it that way , but there is this perception that you can not have anything in common with an18yr old when someone i 48yr old and they would be immature . will most ladies my age are at times divorced with kids and ex-husband issues fighting over custody etc. and i prefer not to be part of that drama as part of my life . plus age does not equate to maturity in my opinion . i know 18yr old who are more mature than folks in their 40's . plus older ladies want to blame you for all the problems they have had in their life or compare to everyone of their past relationships ..you become their therapist instead of their lover.

You know, you might want to avoid making posts like this in a public forum with your picture attached.

If you're a substitute teacher who is pushing 50, and you're saying you lust after high school seniors.....your phone just might stop ringing.

thank you for taking the words right out of my mouth (though as always, LOL at baby... so true) :)

um, interesting you say that kind sir. Quite a lot of guys my age are at times divorced with kids and ex-wife issues fighting over custody etc. and I don't prefer to be part of that drama either. (and a lot of guys want to blame you for all the problems they have had in their life or compare to everyone of their past relationships too...). See? something in common. But that doesn't mean ALL people pushing 50 are that way. It just means you avoid the ones that are. Anyone not over an ex? Just say next. Don't say next to EVERYONE that age assuming everyone is the same way. Avoiding someone with grown kids in a custody battle is a whole lot different than trying to pick up kids your kids' age... what would you have in common with them? (and yeah, you could get into legal trouble in a hurry if it comes out you are "interested" in girls your students' age. That is a lawsuit or a firing waiting to happen no matter how you slice it. Just do like I did... find someone almost your age who looks 15 years younger... no drama, no therapist needed, exceptional abs. AND you can relate to each other on a life level... not have the blank look when your favorite song comes on, you reminisce about a past beloved movie they've never heard of or a history event that was a big part of your life that they weren't born during.

Best of both worlds.

But if someone truly is in love with someone a lot younger? More power to them if they both love each other, they both are there for each other and they both are getting something real out of it. I know of several that worked, and worked beautifully, (both directions; where the women was the older one and where the man was the older one).

There is no law that says it can never work. But there is also no law that says it always works; it does come with a lot of complications and sometimes stigma and assumptions from ignorant onlookers.

People have to be pretty comfortable to ignore those all the time.

whatever floats your boat; unless you are in a position of authority (teacher, pastor, mentor, therapist)... then you have to be a whole lot more than above reproach.
 gtomustang
Msg: 103
Posted: 12/7/2015 8:38:25 AM
just for the sake of record, yeah, I too have met "older ladies" who hadn't grown up in maturity. they still seemed to be looking for a daddy to take care of their finances, etc. and not always an older man, either. There's plenty of young enough bucks who think their job as a man, is to provide for their lady. make sure she has enough to keep the Barbie lifestyle going.

still, immature people tend to find...immature partners. we like to feel comfortable about the way we approach life. we don't being told all the time that what we think is important, isn't and gee, grow up wouldja.

Teachers checking out the young girls? happens way more than you might be comfortable imagining. I posted here back in autumn about going to the county fairs, and the older men who had volunteered to work the ticket booths, gate, etc who apparently knew the young students in town and spending more time chatting the young girls up than any of the guys. They were flirting, at a level that was pretty obvious if one wasn't distracted looking at their cellphone.

there's a pizzeria in my town, my neighbor's son used to work there. So I heard about the local high school gals who got jobs there, and the owner's sons would close up for the night. apparently a few relationships came out of the close proximetry.

maybe the forbidden nature of it all, makes it more fun for some.
 bruttle657
Msg: 104
Posted: 12/7/2015 9:18:42 AM
Oh come on. The only reason old men in their forties want relationships with 18 year old girls is because late teen girls through their mid twenties are at the height of their physical attractiveness and innocence. Any other garbage excuses about maturity and compatibility are garbage.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 105
Posted: 12/7/2015 9:44:05 AM
For God's sakes don't encourage her.

She's never going to let me hear the end of it if people think her bullying of me is funny.
 mike11092
Msg: 106
Posted: 12/7/2015 6:53:20 PM

The only reason old men in their forties want relationships with 18 year old girls is because late teen girls through their mid twenties are at the height of their physical attractiveness and innocence.

Personally, I think it's because it's "easier".

I'm not saying they're dumb, but I AM saying they're ignorant. This not an "all inclusive" statement. There are going to be outliers in any sample size in this regard.

What I've personally noticed, is the nasty old men in these situations, are highly manipulative (and creepy, can't forget that) and they know how to push a person's buttons. They aren't particularly attractive, but they have lived long enough to at least appear to be in a stable situation.

Had an older guy (a friend at the time)make an ex of mine leave me when I was...19ish.... Told her he thought I was mistreating her and that, though he knew she loved me, he felt like I needed a reality check. He had her move in with him. Under the false banner of friendship, he told her that he was trying to help me.

She moved in with her parents after about a day because he immediately started talking to her about rent and the alternative ways she could pay him for it.

We are still friends, her and I...him...well...I don't hate anyone, really, but if he fell into a fiery pit and died, I might roast some marshmallows over his dead body...
 gtomustang
Msg: 107
sesaonal disorder
Posted: 12/7/2015 7:06:54 PM
awright, now i'm wondering what swannie looked like in her 30's if she looks this good now. Anyhoo, the 18 yr olds I met who would find an interest in an older fellow, tended to be the type not looking to stay 16 and daddy's girl, but wanted to either leave a broken home, or wanted to be seen as an adult before they grew into one. Scoring a boy their age with status in order to impress their friends, wasn't what they were looking to get out of a relationship.

perhaps there are gals who are "young dumb and full of", but I've known too many young ladies who weren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, yet could never be fooled by an older guy. It just wasn't what they were looking for. On the other hand, I've known girls who jumped into a "free rent" situation, who were shocked-shocked!--to find that the guy they were hoping to take advantage of, only had one bed in the place, if ya know what I mean. they weren't looking for sex, they were just opportunists who found themselves an opportunist.

Some ladies do like more maturity in a relationship than they can find in their male peers, but their "picker" (since no one likes that term) didn't have the experience necessary to know that maturity is more than eating in a restaurant other than McDonalds.
 mike11092
Msg: 108
sesaonal disorder
Posted: 12/7/2015 7:32:26 PM

didn't have the experience necessary to know that maturity is more than eating in a restaurant other than McDonalds.

I'm offended by your use of the word "McDonald's".

I find this to be a perfect place for me to recruit young, athletic, women for my harem.

:)
 cavusshallow
Msg: 109
sesaonal disorder
Posted: 12/8/2015 9:19:36 AM
I was a young man long ago. I remember older women putting the moves on me. I remember several thoughts: (1) I had zero attraction to them. Not because they were not attractive . . . but their age was a real turn off to me and (2) I remember feeling sorry for them. Why would an older woman in her forties be interested in a guy who was in his mid twenties?

Back then it never made any sense to me. I never took any of these older women up on their obvious attempts to seduce me. I think the oldest woman I had an "affair" with in my entire life was seven years my senior. That was reasonable of course. But twenty years? A middle aged woman in her forties? Why would she have thought I would have the least interest.

I would guess there are young guys out there interested in the experience and the sex for sex sake. But I was never one of them. And I know that young women . . . late teens and early twenties . . . have zero interest in middle aged guys. None. I am sure they are out there, but I have never met them.

Let me clarify that I have never seen very young women with middle aged guys . . . thus the reason I have never met them.
 gtomustang
Msg: 110
sesaonal disorder
Posted: 12/8/2015 9:34:46 AM
I suspect it might be easier, generally speaking, for a young buck to enter a sexual relationship with an older lover b/c he's likely looking for something simple--tab A into slot B. A relationship where he is valued and cherished may not be so important, in a patriarchial society where what he does is "okay" already.

I had an older coworker make a move on me when I was 18. My boss had a dozen longstems delivered to her at the workplace, which made her a topic of conversation and she wasn't thrilled. She commented that i'd be more mature than most of the single guys her age working there. But since my mum had taught me that I couldn't just have what we now call a booty call, that i'd have to take a woman out to dinner and court her, I couldn't imagine (I was paying for college at the time) trying to foot the bill taking an adult woman out on dates. So it all went nowhere....dammit mom, you really got in the way of me getting laid sometimes :)
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 111
sesaonal disorder
Posted: 12/8/2015 10:42:36 PM

That's exactly how I would of felt at 18 about a man in he 40's. Problem is, I still feel that way. Now I only have pof to compare by but tbh, very few men after the age of 40 are still attractive. Most have gone bald and look about 60. There are a few, but very very few and far between.

That's how I feel as well. I will say that there are attractive men my age or older, but in my experience, they are either not available or are confirmed bachelors that will never settle down and just want to play. And frankly, if a guy just wants to hook up, I will always go with a younger guy. I get why men like younger women, they are hotter than older women for the most part (there are always exceptions to every rule). And I feel the same - young men just turn me on so much more than (most) older guys. That is just a fact - and I'd rather be single and have the option of hooking up with someone I find hot than be in a relationship with someone I'm not crazy about.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Why are people so against ....staying on topic ?
Posted: 12/9/2015 9:23:41 PM
I wouldn't want an 83 year old not matter what. He would not remember who I am most of the time and
I would be afraid he would expire during the act assuming he could even get it up. 83 years old should all be on a limited car licence anyway and he would be driven around most of the time is my bet. As for the house, there would have to be something for a 63 year old to want to be with a man she probably has to play housemaid and nurse to. lol!
 sapphiresky242
Msg: 113
Posted: 12/9/2015 9:39:19 PM
To many out there, a 63 year old woman is...OLD. Too OLD. It all depends on how old YOU are as to what you find attractive or age appropriate.

My father is 85 and many of you, including you Letita, would have a hard time keeping up. Just like many on here will justify their chasing younger because younger is better, there are more looking at them as too old. It works both ways.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 114
Posted: 12/10/2015 6:57:05 AM

One massive problem is, its easy to go from own age group to younger, its quite hard once you've gone there to get back to older IMO.

Most definitely. It's very difficult. I've gone on lots of dates with men my age or older (or even slightly younger by a few years), and I 'm just not all that attracted to them and I compare them to the (younger) men I've gone out with and was attracted to. Not only looks, but also the vibe, the energy. I will still give same age and older a shot, though. At the same time, there are lots of younger guys that I'm NOT attracted to - I have a very, very specific type, and just being young is not enough. I turn down a lot of guys that approach me, regardless of age because they are not my type.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 115
Posted: 12/10/2015 7:02:47 AM

My father is 85 and many of you, including you Letita, would have a hard time keeping up. Just like many on here will justify their chasing younger because younger is better, there are more looking at them as too old. It works both ways.

I get what you're trying to say here...and I realize he's your dad.
But how would I have hard time keeping up with him? I'm seriously asking.

I always wonder about this "can't keep up with me" business from anyone actually.
I honestly don't know what it means.
 sapphiresky242
Msg: 116
Posted: 12/10/2015 8:12:19 AM
^^^ Well, he did tell me this summer (and I had to put my hands over my ears and go "lalalalala") that he was still capable of having sex. We had a one week holiday this summer and we walked every day along the beach front and up through the wineries and the hills, a lot, and I was exhausted but he walks like that everyday while I sit on my azz at work. He eats really healthy, has a small garden as well. He lives on half an acre that has a lot of lawn and garden to look after and he does it all. He shovels snow by hand and if it's too deep, he hauls out his tractor. He still has a complete workshop complete with tools where he could easily fix any car or build a house. He never calls in a repair guy. Right now he is updating and renovating the inlaw suite he has in the lower level. His driving is excellent, he just had cataract surgery and only needs glasses for reading...you should see his library. He also has a great appreciation for art. He is totally up to date on what is going on around him and around the world and he has always been "young", if you know what I mean. He is at ease in conversing on pretty much any topic. His heart is perfect, he is on a very low dose blood pressure medication and has all his own teeth. He is witty and can fire out the one liners rapid fire. He will be here for awhile, his mother died at 104 years old. Browneyesboo, you'd really like my Dad, he's awesome. But you are far too young to date him. Even my Dad wants either someone his own age or he is satisfied being on his own after a great 63 year marriage that ended in death.

And no, I don't want to date a carbon copy of my 85 year old father. I want someone my own age because I am realistic. Anyone that is 20 or 25 years younger just want to fvck. If I just wanted to fvck, I don't care if they are younger. Karma and the like can chase the young guys and its no big deal because she is just looking for a good time and so are the 25 year olds. But if these 25 year old decided they wanted to settle down, get married, start a family - they would be tossing her cute little azz out of bed so damn fast...she's too OLD.

Make hay while the sun shines. If you are just having fun, no strings attached, not looking for long term - go for it. Both genders. The funny thing is, I've seen Karma and a few like her dump on men on here for having their age preference set lower. SMH.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 117
Posted: 12/10/2015 8:27:08 AM

Well, he did tell me this summer (and I had to put my hands over my ears and go "lalalalala") that he was still capable of having sex.

Lucky you! Hope he asked what your favorite color and flower was first?

He eats really healthy, has a small garden as well. He lives on half an acre that has a lot of lawn and garden to look after and he does it all. . He shovels snow by hand and if it's too deep, he hauls out his tractor. He still has a complete workshop complete with tools where he could easily fix any car or build a house. He never calls in a repair guy. Right now he is updating and renovating the inlaw suite he has in the lower level. His driving is excellent, he just had cataract surgery and only needs glasses for reading...you should see his library. He also has a great appreciation for art. He is totally up to date on what is going on around him and around the world and he has always been "young", if you know what I mean. He is at ease in conversing on pretty much any topic. His heart is perfect, he is on a very low dose blood pressure medication and has all his own teeth. He is witty and can fire out the one liners rapid fire.

I can't believe it! Somebody freeze this post. The perfect man has been spotted. The male unicorn.

Does he tip well?

But if these 25 year old decided they wanted to settle down, get married, start a family - they would be tossing her cute little azz out of bed so damn fast...she's too OLD.

+1000

Make hay while the sun shines

I'm gonna build a roof myself...
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 118
Posted: 12/10/2015 8:45:56 AM
The funny thing is, I've seen Karma and a few like her dump on men on here for having their age preference set lower. SMH.

---

The funny thing is, men set their age preferences lower ALL.THE.TIME and most people take that as a given birth right - yet when women do the same, all hell breaks lose. Those people are the ones who think it normal for men to settle down with younger women, but of course, when women do it, they are only "used for sex" and no younger guy in the history of the world would EVER consider anything serious with a woman that OLD, hardy-har-har. Guess what - men dump women (younger, older, same age) ALL.THE.TIME - it doesn't matter how old they or the women are. Look at the divorce rate, mostly the guys are slightly older and yet it still doesn't last. You think you can rock my world and hurt me or insult me by saying that younger men will leave me for someone younger? Oh boohoohoo, cut me I bleed. EVERY MAN can potentially do that, so what is your point? There is ALWAYS going to be a hotter/younger/thinner/richer/taller/shorter, etc. woman out there, so why should worry about it? It's beyond my control. I have fun with guys that I find hot - they can be younger or same are or slightly older. I was married for 20 years, so I know that nothing lasts forever. And yes, I make hay while the sun shines and have fun while I'm at it. Eventually, all of us will be alone, even the ones in relationships, unless they die before their SO. I'm not scared of that, I like being by myself. I have my kids, my friends, my family, and that is more important to me than "locking in" a guy for the long term just so I "have" someone.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 119
Posted: 12/10/2015 8:55:59 AM
OP, why do you care_

do you seek affirmation from all random strangers in the world on what you may want to do _

how silly, IMO..you will never please everyone
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 120
Posted: 12/10/2015 6:58:27 PM
I'm sure am not against younger women. Like it was said before they are hotter then older women. They are also not so set in there way.
 platypus_man
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2015 9:04:39 PM

The funny thing is, men set their age preferences lower ALL.THE.TIME and most people take that as a given birth right

That's because we're brought up that way. The moment we're starting to be attracted to the opposite sex, women all want guys who are older. Then at some point, you decide no, now you want it to be the other way around. Life doesn't work like that.
 ohenryx
Msg: 122
view profile
History
sesaonal disorder
Posted: 12/13/2015 10:41:04 AM

The funny thing is, men set their age preferences lower ALL.THE.TIME and most people take that as a given birth right

platypus_man
That's because we're brought up that way. The moment we're starting to be attracted to the opposite sex, women all want guys who are older. Then at some point, you decide no, now you want it to be the other way around. Life doesn't work like that.

Well … It doesn’t work that way unless you’re attractive. If you look good enough (man or woman), then the ordinary rules do not apply.

swan_spirit
I had a relationship with a much older woman when I was younger. I look back fondly on that, and never did I see it as some kind of one-upmanship of 'using someone for sex'.
If that's how 'some' view it they're a d1ckhead anyway regardless of age.

Woah! You just upped your DQ (dating quotient) by a great many points. Men truly love a bi-sexual woman!
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 123
sesaonal disorder
Posted: 12/14/2015 4:37:40 PM
um, I am feeling more than a little dense..

what exactly is a man's firm underneath?

my brain has a few ideas... but they are more than a little warped...
 gtomustang
Msg: 124
sesaonal disorder
Posted: 12/14/2015 6:21:13 PM
if a fellow's firm downunder is what i thought it was....perhaps you actually are feeling a little density :)
 SLAFFA
Msg: 125
sesaonal disorder
Posted: 12/14/2015 9:01:24 PM
MOST people become pretty Closed Minded once they pass 20 ish or so and people on OLD sites seem to be even worse. Until people figure out the age thing, they are unlikely to ever have much "luck" doing OLD. You know the man who started this site [and sold it for almost 700 big ones I believe] tried different things to up his bottom line with PoF...

One of the things he tried was to put peoples ages under our thumbnails. [when they appear in a line at the top of various site pages]

Care to guess how long that lasted?

The way to have the greatest success with the age parameter when doing OLD [IMO] is to look at it exactly as one would in the RW.

It's not complicated at all. How age differences actually work in the RW is usually on display at most any Fish Meet.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why are people so against May-December relationships?