Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > 3rd date really?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 276
3rd date really?Page 12 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
And yeah, I didn't make her go Dutch on the attorney's fees either.

I manned up and paid 'em.

Well, truth be told, I didn't have a choice :(
 deetristate
Msg: 277
3rd date really?
Posted: 12/4/2015 11:37:55 AM
Geeze. What happened to men? Ha!
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 278
3rd date really?
Posted: 12/5/2015 9:44:50 AM
It's not just the third date, some guys want to get busy on date one. Talked to this guy on POF, we exchanged messages and he asked me out. We were supposed to go to a restaurant last night, and he suggested a place that is in a city close to him, but a bit far from me. I told him that we should meet more half-way, and went on that he wanted to invite me to his place after dinner "for a glass of wine" because he doesn't like to be out and around people. Needless to say, I told him I'd pass on meeting him. This guy claims to be looking for a relationship and he is my age. Can't stand it when men think women are stupid and try to spring those lame "let's have wine at my place" BS.
 ohenryx
Msg: 279
view profile
History
3rd date really?
Posted: 12/5/2015 10:26:37 AM

TrvstInKarma
It's not just the third date, some guys want to get busy on date one. Talked to this guy on POF, we exchanged messages and he asked me out. We were supposed to go to a restaurant last night, and he suggested a place that is in a city close to him, but a bit far from me. I told him that we should meet more half-way, and went on that he wanted to invite me to his place after dinner "for a glass of wine" because he doesn't like to be out and around people. Needless to say, I told him I'd pass on meeting him. This guy claims to be looking for a relationship and he is my age. Can't stand it when men think women are stupid and try to spring those lame "let's have wine at my place" BS.

Men like sex. Men pursue sex. Real men pursue sex with attractive women, and do so vigorously.

The pictures on your profile shout S E X ! ! ! in neon letters, 6 feet high, visible from miles around. If you don’t understand that, then you need to go back to school, post haste.

The only mistake this man made was being a cheap skate, wanting to save money by using his place. I had a first date, earlier this week. Her profile was demure by comparison to yours, but the messages we exchanged were quite heated. She lives a good 50 minutes away from me, so I looked up the address of the nearest hourly motel, and had that stored in my GPS before I left the house to pick her up.

And get this, she didn't ask for money until afterwards. I was prepared to be asked up front, often happens, but we had dinner, made out in the car, went to the motel, and only when I was taking her home did she ask if I had any spare money to help her out. When asked up front, I politely decline, and end the date early. Since when did "ladies of the evening" start asking for money AFTER the deed? Seems strange to me, but what do I know? (smile)
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 280
3rd date really?
Posted: 12/5/2015 10:28:53 AM
^ Her pimp gonna get you.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 281
3rd date really?
Posted: 12/5/2015 10:30:00 AM
What a crock of sh!t

You weren't attracted to the guy. It really is that simple.

No need to reject him cause he offered you a dreaded glass of wine.

Oh, and any guy trying to get sex on a first date is not looking for a relationship?

Jaysus

vvvvv

Maybe a tad, but she's no stranger to this rodeo either.

That being said, is this more proof that women shouldn't initiate contact??

Hahahahahaha
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 282
3rd date really?
Posted: 12/5/2015 10:38:34 AM
Now that's a little harsh.

She had already expressed interest in him. It was only when he made it clear that he wanted to meet close to his house because he wanted to get her there that she passed.
 crabdipper
Msg: 283
3rd date really?
Posted: 12/5/2015 11:03:38 AM

The pictures on your profile shout S E X ! ! ! in neon letters, 6 feet high, visible from miles around. If you don’t understand that,

She understands that.

And get this, she didn't ask for money until afterwards.

You should have told your date you had to save your money for the doctor visit next week.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 284
3rd date really?
Posted: 12/5/2015 11:20:03 AM
Apologies to Karma.

I thought you actually met the guy for dinner, and THEN he invited you back for a glass of wine.

Yeah, if this was all in the messaging stages, he through a proverbial Hail Mary at ya.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 285
view profile
History
3rd date really?
Posted: 12/5/2015 3:59:33 PM
Sure some want to get busy at the getgo. If they show their intentions upfront you can just not waste your time in meeting up if it is not on your agenda. Some women obviously have gone back to his house after dinner and probably some wine, but just not you, Karma. His big mistake was letting you know is agenda before you met but then again he may not have wanted to waste a dinner unless you were a sure bet.

Don't think he thought you stupid, just perhaps a possibility probably because of the sexy pics. You know that and how men think.

Men will say they are looking for a relationship to get the responses but we all know that the connection or the chemistry whatever, dictates what actually transpires.
 Walts
Msg: 286
3rd date really?
Posted: 12/5/2015 5:09:12 PM

Can't stand it when men think women are stupid and try to spring those lame "let's have wine at my place" BS.

Back to relearning the lesson you supposedly already knew. NEVER EVER initiate contact with a man, especially one your age. You know, or did know, that guys close to your age are just pigs.

Brain farts suck.
 crabdipper
Msg: 287
3rd date really?
Posted: 12/5/2015 6:51:27 PM
The profile supports the pictures. When a straight man sees those pictures the little brain takes total control. When he reads, "you should contact me so we can set up a date," he's not thinking about taking you to mom's house.

Why do you think men think women are stupid when they invite you to their house ? Some very intelligent women accept the invite, some don't. I have received that same invite before and I never thought she thought I was stupid. The only thing that upset me was I never got a glass of wine.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 288
3rd date really?
Posted: 12/5/2015 7:01:17 PM
^ Hmmm... Maybe she cleverly deduced that chemical seduction wouldn't be necessary ;)
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 289
3rd date really?
Posted: 12/5/2015 7:24:29 PM
Men of easy virtue are just putty in the hands of unscrupulous women.
 crabdipper
Msg: 290
3rd date really?
Posted: 12/5/2015 8:05:19 PM

Hmmm... Maybe she cleverly deduced that chemical seduction wouldn't be necessary ;)

I agree. She was extremely bright. She sent a video of her scrubbing the kitchen floor. No soup though.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 291
3rd date really?
Posted: 12/5/2015 10:07:06 PM
My pictures are tame in comparison to many others that I have seen online - yes, I do look at women's profiles. The majority of my pics are not "sexy" at all, and even the black and white ones are not revealing anything at all. My friend Jessebunnies took the pic in the bikini when we went to a lake this summer with my daughter for crying out loud. How is that screaming "sex"???

I get offers for sex all the time, and I'm not offended if they are UPFRONT and HONEST. If they are, they are not wasting my time chatting me up, pretending they want to date me and get to know me like this guy did. I wasted time responding to his messages for two weeks, and then he expects me to drive up to where he lives and put out after dinner? Please ****. I don't have to drive 45 minutes for sex, I can get that locally. I'm talking to several guys on Tinder who I could meet this weekend and have sex if I wanted to. They are less than 20 minutes from me and don't feed me a bunch of BS like this guy. Total turnoff when a guy pretends to be all "honorable" and then hopes I'll repay him for dinner the same night.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 292
3rd date really?
Posted: 12/5/2015 10:41:33 PM

Hmmm... Maybe she cleverly deduced that chemical seduction wouldn't be necessary ;)

I agree. She was extremely bright. She sent a video of her scrubbing the kitchen floor. No soup though.

so.... no soup for you?
 BBEisBack
Msg: 293
view profile
History
3rd date really?
Posted: 12/5/2015 10:54:21 PM

I wasted time responding to his messages for two weeks, and then he expects me to drive up to where he lives and put out after dinner?

That says something about you & your attitude.... Just your choice of words... You try to come off one way, till you type an off handed comment..... Deep down you're not as Liberated as You like to think....
 crabdipper
Msg: 294
3rd date really?
Posted: 12/6/2015 1:46:22 AM

so.... no soup for you?

Nope, had to make it myself......................again.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 295
3rd date really?
Posted: 12/6/2015 7:56:30 AM

so.... no soup for you?

Nope, had to make it myself......................again.

poor you; having to go through all that hard work getting it on with her with no soup OR wine... such a poor host... what COULD she be thinking?
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 296
3rd date really?
Posted: 12/6/2015 9:20:57 AM
You know, if you keep putting out without the woman having to at least make an effort, you're going to get a reputation.

Oh sure, they'll spend time with you for some of that sweet, sweet crab dipping. But they'll look for a decent, respectable guy when they want to settle down.
 crabdipper
Msg: 297
3rd date really?
Posted: 12/6/2015 11:32:16 AM

such a poor host... what COULD she be thinking?

She's thinking a video of her, "Buns-Up-Kneeling", scrubbing the floor works better than soup and/or wine.

you're going to get a reputation.

In a town of 275 people a reputation is automatic.

But they'll look for a decent, respectable guy when they want to settle down.

Are you telling me there are older women up there who want to settle down. If the crabbing is good in your area you might see another boat in that harbor soon.
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 298
view profile
History
3rd date really?
Posted: 12/6/2015 6:09:41 PM
Karma,

Please dont let men on the forums get to you-it doesn't matter what type of pictures you have in your profile-they are of you and to suggest that you should put a different type of picture than who you are is part of the issues with online dating--having a ton of responses but none of them the right ones seems to be the mindset vs looking for the few who you could actually mesh well with.

Btw the idea that a man who admits to paying women for sex would not be someone I would be concerned or feel the need to justify myself too, who has to pay for sex in 2015!!!!!!!

I also get what you mean, men who pretend to be a gentleman but they are just that "pretending" and it is a complete waste of time to interact with them, they say lame things like you are to blame for their conduct...what bs. All of this is the same as saying that girls who dress a certain way are asking to be raped....not excuse for that mindset now especially in a group of people this age group.
 sapphiresky242
Msg: 299
3rd date really?
Posted: 12/6/2015 7:25:00 PM
Men have been paying women for sex, one way or another, since the dawn of time. I used to think that actually paying cash for sex was kind of icky but a friend's 30 year old son made me look at it a different way when he explained that when he came back from a job where he was in a camp for a month, he would go to one of the local massage parlours. He said they made him wear a condom, even "looked him over" beforehand. The women at the massage parlour are licensed as a business and have regular medical check ups too. He said when you go to a bar and pick up a girl, that's when you get a disease. And as he had his "sex fix" the night before at the massage parlour, he was thinking more with his big head than his little head at the bar.

And really, nothing wrong with paying for sex. Two consenting adults (no pimps, sober, not stoned and needing money for a fix). Good for Henry. I sometimes wish we women had the same option, just go to a brothel and pay for what you want.

No one has said girls dressing a certain way are asking to be raped. No one. I think the point some were trying to make is - if you post provocative pictures, don't be surprised if some guys contact you because they want sex and think you do as well. Yes, "some" guys will think a woman covered head to toe with only her face exposed is exuding sex...some, very few. But I'll tell you what, the majority of men who look at a woman with her breasts displayed or draped over a bed or in a bikini, etc. are going to be thinking one thing and it ain't "oh, I bet she likes bowling". And women make that same judgment call too. So please, when you have the girls on display don't get all bytchy because some guy won't look you in the eye as he eyes are elsewhere.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 300
3rd date really?
Posted: 12/6/2015 7:45:21 PM
Paying for sex is a tad different then paying for sex and hoping a relationship develops.

Now, I've been asked to pay for a relationship first, in the form of rent assistance, to get sex later and I declined.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > 3rd date really?