Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > 3rd date really?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 51
3rd date really?Page 3 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
^ You're pregnant! See what happens when you engage in discourse with a beautiful woman on a forum? Bad Juju!
 billyjack55
Msg: 52
3rd date really?
Posted: 11/21/2015 7:28:49 AM

Fathers with daughters... WHAT do you tell your daughters do to in regards to sexual interactions with the boys they date? WHY would that change simply because the woman isn't your daughter?

I thought this concerned dating between adults.

My point being that these "rules" that seem so prolific here on the forums regarding the number of dates before intimacy, who pays for the first meet coffee or drink, how long to message before before talking, how long to talk before meeting etc. on and on.

At what point does this structured approach become self defeating when these rules are perceived to be not adhered too?
 JujuO12
Msg: 53
3rd date really?
Posted: 11/21/2015 8:04:32 AM

I thought this concerned dating between adults

YOUR daughter will still be your daughter LONG AFTER she turns 18. She will be adult one day... So you will say to your adult daughter that these rules are pointless... and self defeating??? I have a daddy dude. He didn't stop being my daddy because I grew up. AND he said keep your legs closed. That would not change because I am an adult. He would think it is more self defeating to sleep with random men then to wait for one who truly cared. COME let's be real. Women are built for sex to be a way to attach her to the man. Women sleep with a man and are a washed with the same hormones that cause her to become attached to her child. MEN can sleep with the same woman and never fall in love with her. The hormone for attachment doesn't happen to men when they sleep with a woman. WOMEN are not men without penises WE ARE WOMEN.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 54
3rd date really?
Posted: 11/21/2015 8:09:40 AM
I would also advise my daughter to not show too much cleavage in her pics.
 billyjack55
Msg: 55
3rd date really?
Posted: 11/21/2015 8:29:58 AM

I have a daddy dude. He didn't stop being my daddy because I grew up. AND he said keep your legs closed.

As it should be. Perhaps you're looking for a argument that isn't here. My point was why is there a three date rule. I've never encountered anyone that was so rule orientated that if they didn't have sex by the third date it was over. Not saying there can't be those who adhere to that but I've never encountered one and I have more than just a little experience in dating and relationships. I've never decided..ya know if I don't have sex by the third date with this woman I'm walking. I figure that if we've got to the third date there's something there? Maybe it will take 5-6 dates to figure out exactly what it is...kind of like peeling a onion, one layer at a time?
 JujuO12
Msg: 56
3rd date really?
Posted: 11/21/2015 9:23:35 AM

I would also advise my daughter to not show too much cleavage in her pics.

My daddy believe in his daughter being as cute as possible... Just in my old age I got a little chesty. YOU think that a turtle neck will have a different effect beside triggering a heat flash???
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 57
3rd date really?
Posted: 11/21/2015 9:40:40 AM
I've got some white whine to help break the heat. I'll even light a scented candle and turn on some Barry White...

Balls in your court.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 58
3rd date really?
Posted: 11/21/2015 9:47:24 AM
^ I'll be right there!

Oh :(
 JujuO12
Msg: 59
3rd date really?
Posted: 11/21/2015 9:50:57 AM

^ I'll be right there!

Oh :(

LOL I am sure if you get him to bottle 6 he will be much more pliable.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 60
3rd date really?
Posted: 11/21/2015 10:01:34 AM
Alright, alright...

I'll start up some Lou Rawls for this special dance with Juju...

You'll never find, as long as you live
Someone who loves you tender like I do
You'll never find, no matter where you search
Someone who cares about you the way I do

Oh, I'm not braggin' on myself, baby
But I'm the one who loves you
And there's no one else, no one else

You'll never find, it'll take the end of all time
Someone to understand you like I do
You'll never find the rhythm, the rhyme
All the magic we shared, just us two

Oh, I'm not tryin' to make you stay, baby
But I know some how, some day, some way
You are
(You're gonna miss my lovin')
 SLAFFA
Msg: 61
3rd date really?
Posted: 11/21/2015 11:29:20 AM
3rd date rule works EXACTLY like the age rule. Or the Income rule. Or the how old is the car he/she is driving rule. Or, what # would I give the other person as far as"looks" rule. How many times have they been married rule. The list is endless.

People who "fret" over these various NUMBERS are doomed to failure if using OLD to meet others. The "number" - whatever it is - is irrelevant.

Did you feel pressured for sex? The answer seems obvious.

The plus side is that at your age, you have ZERO worry as to getting pregnant BUT should be fully aware of protection from any disease/s since you "barely" know him.

True. IT IS a man's most basic programming to mate with as many females as possible. Obviously many men ARE 4 F bums. For others, sex might be what seals the deal. It's a PART of falling in love even if/when it's not likely to be "perfect" the first time.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 62
3rd date really?
Posted: 11/21/2015 11:48:35 AM

And can you men really fall in love with a woman who has slept with a bunch of men? 4 or 5? 60 or 70? 100 or 150??? 600 men??? It is easy for women to hit those kinds of numbers if she is half attractive and more than willing to say yes. BUT men are genetically program to be repulsed by women who have slept around.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/advertorial/a4435/study-finds-women-reject-sexually-promiscuous-peers/ Shows women don't friend women who sleep around.
Women pay a much bigger price for that sleeping around....

How would a man know the number of a woman's sex partners? It's not stamped on your forehead. But I agree, if I had slept with every guy that I went on a date with and/or hit on me, I'd be in the hundreds by now. Some people seem to think that having "suggestive" pics or going out on lots of dates = sleeps around. Not so. I've actually have quite the dry spell, by design, because I'm picky about who I go to bed with. Thankfully, I have an awesome vibrator who hits the spot every time. Truly a life saver.

I dont' buy into the whole "women pay a much bigger price for sleeping around" crap. Look at how many celeb women are acting like prostitutes, but they get worshiped, marry rich men, etc. Only the truly insecure loser dudes have a problem if a woman had an active sex life before they met, because they worry how well or not they compare. Not interested in such men at all - they are probably the same who think they are entitled to hot young super models.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 63
3rd date really?
Posted: 11/21/2015 12:00:13 PM
I'm going shopping:

- white wine
- ultimate push-up bra
- tabloids
- awesome vibrator
- delusions
- justifications

Have I forgotten anything?
 JujuO12
Msg: 64
3rd date really?
Posted: 11/21/2015 12:43:46 PM

How would a man know the number of a woman's sex partners?

Come we like to believe men dont talk .... BUT they do.. AND you can be a woman in NYC still bump into a few of your ex's if you slept with more than 10. WE wish what we did in the dark stayed there but it doesn't. Men talk as much as women.... MORE when it is about sex.
 JujuO12
Msg: 65
3rd date really?
Posted: 11/21/2015 12:50:33 PM

I dont' buy into the whole "women pay a much bigger price for sleeping around" crap. Look at how many celeb women are acting like prostitutes

So which is it??? THEY are women who sleep around like men OR prostitutes? Freudian slip?????
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 66
3rd date really?
Posted: 11/21/2015 12:56:42 PM

Some people seem to think that having "suggestive" pics or going out on lots of dates = sleeps around.

Some people = forum men

And ironically, these archaic opinions are held by the ones saying they enjoy being pursued by women. And the ones who say women pick and choose our “old fashioned” values. So…women have to chase and be chaste. The male ego cannot accept his woman’s (or potential woman) sexuality be seen by other men. he might have to deal with competition and knows he won’t measure up.

Men are drilled with women = sex objects from birth. And think they have the right to dictate how women behave and judge them.

IMO.

EDIT

Come we like to believe men dont talk .... BUT they do.. AND you can be a woman in NYC still bump into a few of your ex's if you slept with more than 10. WE wish what we did in the dark stayed there but it doesn't. Men talk as much as women.... MORE when it is about sex.

Men LIE about sex, all the time.

You think the only men claiming to have had sex with you are the ones who actually did?
You make it sound like it’s a woman’s responsibility to control how many men claim to have had sex with her.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 67
3rd date really?
Posted: 11/21/2015 1:34:29 PM

Sometimes you have to wonder if the woman is all that smart if she gets naked and has sex with a guy she barely knows.. . Kind of an intelligence test I guess...

In my case, I know it's because she's an EXCELLENT judge of character

(wink )
 goldenbear60
Msg: 68
3rd date really?
Posted: 11/21/2015 2:09:48 PM
Men and women both lie about their numbers. Men lie and keep the numbers high while women lie and keep the numbers low. I think it evens out in the end. So I do t hold much in numbers. Plus, who the hell asks about someone's number??
 Walts
Msg: 69
3rd date really?
Posted: 11/21/2015 2:30:20 PM

Have I forgotten anything?

Whiskey.

None of those little girly bottles either, please. One of those ones you that you won't need to leave the house for at least 3 days. And yes, they sell them that big.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 70
3rd date really?
Posted: 11/21/2015 2:48:18 PM
^ That big, eh? Oh, all right. But this time I don't want to hear "It looks like this bottle's been tampered with, blah blah blah."

* Below: Nobody wants to hear about your teeny weeny whisky bottle.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 71
3rd date really?
Posted: 11/21/2015 2:50:39 PM
Not being a whiskey drinker, I've had one of those little sample bottles of whiskey they attached to some other booze for years. So a 3 day sized bottle of whiskey wouldn't take up much room in my house.
 Walts
Msg: 72
3rd date really?
Posted: 11/21/2015 2:55:07 PM

But this time I don't want to hear "It looks like this bottle's been tampered with, blah blah blah."

You got me to laugh out loud with that one.

Again.

Thanks, it was much needed.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 73
view profile
History
3rd date really?
Posted: 11/21/2015 4:11:26 PM
If I were that guy and you told him of your past activities with casual sex, I would be wanting a certificate of clearance, if you know what I mean. In fact both of you should produce one. As has been said STD's that cant be cured are rife amongst the older set.
 coffeetogo127
Msg: 74
3rd date really?
Posted: 11/21/2015 5:44:54 PM
Honestly- you can get an STD from one encounter or a hundred. Unless you are a virgin the number is irrelevant. If you were married and your husband cheated on you you could have an STD and not even know about it.

Bottom line if you have sex, get tested once in a while.

Church if a woman is having sex with you right away, how intelligent are YOU to be having sex with a stranger? I mean doesn't that work both ways?

I am not sure what the act of having sex has to do with intelligence. I'm sure you can explain, however.
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 75
3rd date really?
Posted: 11/21/2015 6:13:53 PM
MatterBaby? How did you forget the condoms???
OMG!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > 3rd date really?