Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What ridiculousness have people asked you about your appearance?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 26
What ridiculousness have people asked you about your appearance?Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Olivoil,
I think he was negging you, you were supposed to feel unworthy, and then prove how sexy and desirable you really are.

I get the feeling that is what he was doing to Earwigs. Talk about pathetic!

Le Pew
 spot4username
Msg: 27
What ridiculousness have people asked you about your appearance?
Posted: 11/21/2015 11:40:35 AM
I don't know why people get so bent out of shape about telling a person how much they weigh. My weight is listed in all my active profiles. Big deal. The last man I had a meet with weighed at least 50 lbs more than in his photos. I wish I had known before I agreed to meet. You can't always tell from photos.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/21/2015 1:31:42 PM

The last man I had a meet with weighed at least 50 lbs more than in his photos.

Ok but...would you have minded if that extra 50 was in his CROTCH ?
 billyjack55
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/21/2015 1:35:10 PM

Because some people don't like facing the truth about themselves. That's why they get so annoyed and angry.

Hmm...hate to say this but you're posting comes across as kinda angry itself. I see that on here a lot from short guys. Doesn't give you a good look my man.

Massive hernia's?
 spot4username
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/21/2015 1:37:17 PM

Oh my Mr. Butterchickenchuck!!

You certainly know how to make a lady blush.

I do believe a 50 lb crotch would indicate some sort of medical abnormality.

But I am not a medical professional so what do I know?
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/21/2015 1:41:34 PM

But you're posting comes across as kinda angry itself. I see that on here a lot from short guys. Doesn't give you a good look my man.

Anger is proof that a person is right, Silly.

Spot and Chuck: Get a room. Bring a scale. Report back to the forums without delay.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/21/2015 1:41:59 PM

I do believe a 50 lb crotch would indicate some sort of medical abnormality.

I believe the honorable Mr Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin would refer to this as a " whole lotta love "
 gcdeb
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2015 1:44:57 PM

So it's OK for women to ask men how tall they are but not OK for men to ask women how much they weigh? Double standards and hypocricy.

Details 51 year old Male, 5' 7" (170cm)
Light bulb moment. NOW, I understand where your arrogant attitude comes from.
 rennips1949
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/21/2015 2:06:21 PM
LW
How would you like it if women messaged you asking the size of your "unit" (because it isn't clear in the pictures), and the size of your bank account, because that isn't clear in the pictures?
Asking someone about their age, weight, height, income, physical features, mannerisms, etc are what used to be known as "personal questions"-even IN PERSON if it is someone you are barely acquainted with!- and such behavior is considered rude.
If anyone even GETs the concept of "rude" anymore...
OP, the guy asked that question beause he's a dumbass.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/21/2015 2:57:22 PM
I’d be curious but wouldn’t suggest to a man hating on women and wearing pink to be brave and come on out of the closet. Nothing to be ashamed of.
 gcdeb
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2015 3:10:38 PM

wouldn’t suggest to a man hating on women and wearing pink to be brave and come on out of the closet
It's 2015. Men can wear pink and not be gay. It's just a colour, not a sexuality code.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/21/2015 3:46:55 PM
moonbeamlover- WHY do people think it's ok to ask a redhead that question?!
I've been asked for my cup size too. (although, thankfully, only once).
And then there is the unsolicited 'ick pic, really?! :0
Well, my my, can you put clothes on that thing? We could pretend it's a puppet. (no one stroke out, I'm kidding). :D
No one has asked me what I weigh (yet).
Can we be honest, here?
Such questions, from anyone, are rude, at best, worse is it tells the other person that they would rather go through a check list of eliminators, rather than meet and find out in person.
Meh, next!
To the original OP, there is NOTHING wrong with your chest/breasts.
God, how rude!
I would GLADLY give you some of mine, I HATE bras, and panty hose, but I already covered that, in the rant thread :D
I'm not making light of this, well, kind of. I'm attempting to bring levity into this, before it derails into another man verses woman thread, I hope it doesn't.
Posted: 11/21/2015 4:02:34 PM

I often ask women how much they weigh when it's not clear from their photo

^^^Excuse me

Oh god, that was funny. "Excuse me". Ahhahaha.

But then I started thinking. Uh-oh. Ya'll are in trouble now.

Why is this considered to be the same as asking about bank account or boobs or length of penis? While things like height are so harmless, and age is practically required?

You can't just say that it's too-personal or rude...just because it is. The question would still be why is it? And the reason would have to show enough of a concrete difference between those questions which are off-limits, and those which aren't...in a consistent manner.

(And somebody had to actually characterize mr. smooth as having an angry posting style? C'mon, man. Does he really deserve that allegation?)

How about...teeth, let's say. Is it rude or too-personal to ask you if you have all of your teeth? Or is it rude to not volunteer the fact that you're missing half your teeth?

Hhmm?? Oooh, stumper.

...ooh...stumper...that's not what she said last night.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2015 4:21:51 PM
lancasterwalker

asking a woman how much she weighs upfront is crass to say the least. I would counter with "how big is your penis?" see how you like it. lol!! If you get no replies or negative reactions to that question why do you persist?
 cookymaker
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2015 4:43:26 PM
as far as weight goes... a very athletic, lean woman may actually weigh more that a rounder, less toned female. Same with guys. Muscle weighs more.
And I agree, it's crass to ask. Unless of course you need to know upfront if she can body slam you for asking such rude questions.

Drinkingthesun's teeth comment made me laugh. My father in law had a nice smile. But another family member commented to him "those aren't your teeth". His comeback - "the hell they aren't. I paid for them, so they are mine"
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/21/2015 5:08:29 PM
I was talking with Tomdabomb (hope that was how he spelled it) and this is what he had to say on the topic.

""are you really that short or is it a typo?"

i'm comfortable with what God gave me."

Tom (as relayed by me)
 2ufo
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/21/2015 6:25:38 PM

Why is this considered to be the same as asking about bank account or boobs or length of penis? While things like height are so harmless, and age is practically required?

You can't just say that it's too-personal or rude...just because it is. The question would still be why is it? And the reason would have to show enough of a concrete difference between those questions which are off-limits, and those which aren't...in a consistent manner.

That is an interesting aspect of questions and one I'd never thought about. Possibly because the 'wrong' answer to those questions indicates to the 'Western-Christian civilization' defects of character rather than circumstances of chance. For instance, being overweight is considered a character flaw of gluttony (one of the 7 deadly sins) whether or not it is true. Being poor is considered a flaw since it is (or was in the past) linked with divine grace from God for being a good Christian. Being female was an inherent sin, so no mention of boobs (even their primary purpose of nurturing was because God cast out humans from the Garden of Eden). Ditto penis, forbidden because of the fall from grace and all that pesky sex that had to propagate the race. Hmmm, I could probably work this into a major thesis..

LW - As for anyone asking me personal questions, my response would most likely be one of the following:
Why do you want to know?
Why would you be so rude as to ask me that particular personal question?
No (if phrased as a 'Can I ask..."
Yes, I do mind (if phrased as a 'Would you mind telling me..."

I'm not in dating mode, so don't have photos up. If I was in dating mode, at least one would be a full or torso length. Since I make it clear that I'm overweight, I wouldn't answer a question about my weight. Because, why ask if I have a full-length photo and/or indicate that I'm fat (I hate that BBW term) predominately displayed? That only shows me that not only is the questioner rude, but is probably pretty stupid as well. This means I won't date you so my weight is irrelevant.

I've been told I 'carry my weight well'. I've also been told I 'don't look my age'. I laugh because this is what 270 and 57 look like.
 Brisco414
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/21/2015 7:43:08 PM
earwigs.... I'm sorry the man was such an insensitive jerk.

I had to think if any guy has asked me anything I found rude or offensive. A guy I met for coffee asked me if my hair was real ... asked if I had extensions. I had a WTF moment. I guess he had encountered a lot of older women with thin and balding hair and thought that was a reasonable question to ask. I just laughed. I am blessed with a thick head of long hair. All of it real. I probably wouldn't have found it funny if I indeed was balding.
 earwigs_have_wings
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/22/2015 10:05:35 AM
"I've been told I 'carry my weight well'. I've also been told I 'don't look my age'. I laugh because this is what 270 and 57 look like."

Many fuller figured woman do carry their weight well. I recently looked up the character 'Berta' who is on the show 'Two and a Half Men' and nearly fell off my chair when I found out she is 72-years-old. I realize she doesn't carry her weight well, but my goodness she looks a lot younger than she is. Lots of people are blessed with looking younger than their age and it made me wonder what 'does' 72 look like? It looks like those who are 72. So, to say someone looks younger than they are is confusing. Maybe it's some people look older than they are opposed to the opposite. I dunno...

"I had to think if any guy has asked me anything I found rude or offensive. A guy I met for coffee asked me if my hair was real ... asked if I had extensions. I had a WTF moment. I guess he had encountered a lot of older women with thin and balding hair and thought that was a reasonable question to ask. I just laughed. I am blessed with a thick head of long hair. All of it real. I probably wouldn't have found it funny if I indeed was balding"

That's a weird inquiry. I never thought of women having thinning hair as they get older. In regards to mine there was one year when quite a few men I went out with on first meets suggested I'd look better if I cut my hair a lot shorter than it was. It was 29" long at the time (I just recently cut off my waist length hair). One particular man told me he would NOT date me unless I cut it. It occurred to me later on that if so many people have the same opinion they can't all be wrong. Anyhow, the deed has now been done although it took three years.
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/22/2015 10:58:48 AM
How come I never get asked anything weird?! I'm feeling a bit left out here.
Not online, but upon meeting a friends roommate who made me feel weird when she rudely wasn't even home like we planned..he and I played a game of scrabble and he asked me if it turned me on, like sexually. I got out of there.

WTF? the tiles? the triple word score? "oh baby, use that Q"
 mike11092
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/22/2015 11:04:32 AM
The MOST ridiculous question I've ever been asked:

"Are those real Aviators?"

...aviator sunglasses are not a brand. It's a style.

I did not reply to the message.

To the OP:

You're pretty. If were to compare you to any standard of Hollywood photoshop, you'd probably fall a little short, but who cares? Any normal person can't hold to those standards.

It sounds like the guy from the OP is someone trolling for some sort of attention. (even negative attention suffice for these people).

And...about the hair thing...never really cared much about it. Not to the point that I'd not date someone over it...now, given the choice, I'm actually partial to longer hair...but, I never really say much about hair unless the person I'm seeing wants me to do my hair a certain way...then, out of fairness, I'll usually express my opinion on their hair...

WTF? the tiles? the triple word score? "oh baby, use that Q"

^Hilarious.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/22/2015 12:14:26 PM
earwigs have wings- I just thought of something, I'm not sure it fits here, but I think it does............
I realized what happens to me most, based on my appearance, is that people seem to be shocked when they find out I like Metal and have a tattoo.
"YOU DO, you don't look like you would???"
I get that reaction, a LOT.
It's like some people have this idea in mind of a certain "type" that listens to a certain type of music, or has a tattoo.
It makes me a little happy to shake up their world of labels and "type." ;)
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/22/2015 1:05:02 PM

not the only one that has been asked if I am "shaven" before we met, I am sure. lol!!

They better be asking because they are hairless from the nose down...and they hope to find the same. Still, not real smooth.
 ndm147
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/22/2015 3:06:25 PM
One guy on line asked if I would date younger men and I said of course. Who wants a man with dementia? And he was younger than myself by a few years. He then called me every name in the book for dating men my son's age. His rant went on and on. I deleted his profile very quickly. There are some very unstable people on line.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/22/2015 6:54:49 PM
I couldn't remember any ridiculous questions until reading through the thread reminded me that I've been asked the "shaved or natural" question. Delete. Block.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What ridiculousness have people asked you about your appearance?