Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What ridiculousness have people asked you about your appearance?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NJgirl116
Msg: 51
What ridiculousness have people asked you about your appearance?Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
^^^And I'd absolutely respond to that question, since it probably implies that he would have preferred the first to the second, that as far as he is concerned, it's not the one he would have preferred. :)
 tangofish
Msg: 52
view profile
History
What ridiculousness have people asked you about your appearance?
Posted: 11/22/2015 8:35:15 PM
In the future, genital pubic hair for females makes a triumphant return to popular style.

I know because I regularly travel to the future.
 mike11092
Msg: 53
Posted: 11/22/2015 8:46:21 PM

I know because I regularly travel to the future.

Thought I recognized you from somewhere...
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 54
Posted: 11/22/2015 8:49:05 PM
I heard coffee is going to be expensive in the future.

Sounds like dating will come to a halt.
 Chromis1
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2015 8:50:01 PM
About 15 years ago I had a middle-aged paunch I was anxious to get rid of. Bought a treadmill, used it faithfully every day, took off about 20 pounds in a month. At my wife's work Christmas party, one of her co-workers asked me if I had Aids. "No". Then she asked me if I had become anorexic. Then I walked away. Since that time my weight has stayed the same, but she's put on about 75 pounds. I keep my mouth shut.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 56
Posted: 11/22/2015 9:42:11 PM
When I was 23 and had just started a new job, a new coworker asked: "Are you really 23? Because you have wrinkles under your eyes! You have wrinkles!" She was about the same age as me.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2015 11:56:57 AM

Maybe I'll paint a tape measure on my door frame and stand next to it for my next selfie...

Just don't do the height markers like they have in gas station door frames - it will look like an arrest photo.

Don't ask how I know that.

If you do a yellow tape measure, it's probably gotta be the large-print version, because small numbers on a standard measure will more than likely be fuzzy and unreadable -- and lead to a lot more questions and bad assumptions.
 Long_Shot_Kick_D_Bucket
Msg: 58
Posted: 11/23/2015 11:37:04 PM
Haha...I had a date from here a few years back. We ended the date as I asked to see her again. She said no, and with the way I looked, I better get used to a life time of disappointments!! I think she would have made that decision before agreeing to meet me from my pics. I guess that's one way to make sure no one ever calls you again....haha!!
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 59
Posted: 11/23/2015 11:49:10 PM
^^ What an incredibly rude and horrendous thing to say.
She is a horrible person.
I hope you left her to pay the entire bill.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2015 12:36:40 AM
showboatsupreme

You mean men actually do buy a coffee on a date now????? wow!!!!
 earwigs_have_wings
Msg: 61
Posted: 11/24/2015 8:22:06 AM
"About 15 years ago I had a middle-aged paunch I was anxious to get rid of. Bought a treadmill, used it faithfully every day, took off about 20 pounds in a month. At my wife's work Christmas party, one of her co-workers asked me if I had Aids. "No". Then she asked me if I had become anorexic. Then I walked away. Since that time my weight has stayed the same, but she's put on about 75 pounds. I keep my mouth shut."

How anyone would think asking someone a very personal question such as, "Do you have AIDS?" is appropriate is beyond me. Even if I suspected someone had HIV/AIDS I would not ask them about it.

A few years ago I dated a man whose facial features weren't normal. His eyes were farther apart and protruded a bit and his whole facial structure looked odd. I dated him because of his personality and the way he looked was secondary. I did often wonder if he had some type of syndrome but didn't ask him about it because I didn't want to be rude or insulting. He did a few things that turned me off so I ended it.

"One guy on line asked if I would date younger men and I said of course. Who wants a man with dementia? And he was younger than myself by a few years. He then called me every name in the book for dating men my son's age. His rant went on and on. I deleted his profile very quickly. There are some very unstable people on line."

The first part of this paragraph holds true for many older women. However, the latter does not. Perhaps the guy was trolling older women to see what their response would be? Or the guy could have been hiding behind a fake profile of a younger man pissed off that women are now doing what men have done for decades.

"Haha...I had a date from here a few years back. We ended the date as I asked to see her again. She said no, and with the way I looked, I better get used to a life time of disappointments!! I think she would have made that decision before agreeing to meet me from my pics. I guess that's one way to make sure no one ever calls you again....haha!!"

Well I too had one guy who told me he wouldn't date me because of the way I looked. He stated if I cut 18" of my hair off, highlighted it with blond, etc. then he would. Even though the woman you met knew what you looked like in your profile, sometimes the way a person looks in real life can be different. Maybe they have a weird facial profile or something about their appearance that turns them off. Even if they are turned off they can be polite and say, "I didn't feel a connection" rather than, "I don't like the way you look". The latter means the person didn't grow up with manners or lived under a rock their entire lives.
 SunKist_Gal
Msg: 62
Posted: 11/24/2015 9:18:43 AM

There are some very unstable people on line."

You can say that again.....I try not to engage if I see someone as "odd or unstable"....lol.

I have been pretty lucky on line....I think, the oddest thing I have been asked was ...If I would take pictures of my feet and send him.
I would guess there are worse things than having a foot fetish...
I have to say, I was tempted to send him pics off the internet of some diseased feet....but I didn't.
Just choose to end the dialogue....he was quite the handsome man in his uniform..

Besides....He would have a smorg of naked feet here in the Okanagan....he'd be forever gawking at other womens toes....my insecurities...wouldn't have been able to handle it.
 Kathleen_Hiker
Msg: 63
Posted: 11/24/2015 11:09:08 AM
"When did you start dying your hair? Your hair used to be dark red." This from the man who had cleaned my carpets over the years. What a tactless comment. I haven't seen him since.

"Men don't like women with muscles," an overweight, out of shape woman told me. "Men want their woman to look feminine." I have known her for years. We were standing in line at a fabric store.

"Do I look feminine to you?" I asked pointedly. She quickly backtracked.
 ohenryx
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2015 11:31:04 AM

Kathleen_Hiker
"When did you start dying your hair? Your hair used to be dark red." This from the man who had cleaned my carpets over the years. What a tactless comment. I haven't seen him since.

Look who’s back! And still as picky and particular as ever.

Actually, I see absolutely nothing wrong with the above statement. I have asked women the exact same question, and I don’t think a single one ever got upset or mad or even acted bothered by the question. Some flat didn’t give a whit one way or the other, some were (seemingly) happy that I had paid enough attention to even notice.

"Men don't like women with muscles," an overweight, out of shape woman told me. "Men want their woman to look feminine." I have known her for years. We were standing in line at a fabric store.

"Do I look feminine to you?" I asked pointedly. She quickly backtracked.

Yes, you look feminine. I, for one, would never date you, because based on your posts here you do not ACT feminine. I mean, for christs’s sake, handing a man a package of floss????

And in general, most men don’t like women with clearly defined muscles, women who look like “gym rats”. I am under a permanent partial ban for exactly that issue. Back about 3 years ago, a woman asked here in the forums why she wasn’t getting any messages from men. I looked at her profile, all of her pictures showed her in the gym lifting weights. I mean, real weights, with muscles bulging, etc. I told her that I found her profile pictures intimidating. Bang! Ms A puts me under a permanent partial ban.
 Chromis1
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2015 11:34:55 AM
Good 'ol Ms. A. She put me under several permanent total bans.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 66
Posted: 11/24/2015 12:54:42 PM
Welcome back Kathleen.
There are a few of us back following banishment with different names.

Gorgeous main photo.

Re Feet...
I once had a man not only for photos but wanted me to turn up to a first meet barefoot and a specific request that my feet be dirty. What the?

Re being asked about another person's appearance.
A man walked up to me at a function and asked me if my sister's breasts were real.
 GoodVibes7
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2015 1:14:48 PM
Why is PoF preventing me from logging in ??
It notified my email (goodvibes1378@yahoo.com) that I had mail, but when I try to log in, the screen just stays the same but with my password dots erased. I changed my password, & the same keeps happening. Don't know why PoF is letting me write here, but not letting me view my mail.
And of course it lets me view "Upgrade."
If anybody can help me out, please email me at goodvibes1378@yahoo.com ~ thanx !!
 GoodVibes7
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2015 1:15:10 PM
Why is PoF preventing me from logging in ??
It notified my email (goodvibes1378@yahoo.com) that I had mail, but when I try to log in, the screen just stays the same but with my password dots erased. I changed my password, & the same keeps happening. Don't know why PoF is letting me write here, but not letting me view my mail.
And of course it lets me view "Upgrade."
If anybody can help me out, please email me at goodvibes1378@yahoo.com ~ thanx !!
 tangofish
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2015 1:41:49 PM
Good vibes is ironically spreading bad vibes
 potsluck
Msg: 70
Posted: 11/24/2015 3:20:21 PM
"And in general, most men don’t like women with clearly defined muscles, women who look like “gym rats”."
_______

I totally agree in part. I do not find women with muscles or shoulders as broad as mine attractive. But a healthy, strong and toned looking woman is the epitome of beauty to me. If she gets that way from being a gym rat, more power to her
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 71
Posted: 11/24/2015 5:17:35 PM
Goodvibes..

it sounds like on the email side you have the permissions not allowing cookies to be set locally; if they are disallowed it will keep putting back your login information as if you have not entered it yet
 gtomustang
Msg: 72
Posted: 11/24/2015 6:29:42 PM
if someone was numbnuts enough to ask me if I had AIDS, they'd see me smile in attempt to not answer with "yeeeees" and exhale noticeably upon them. B/c they'd be dumb enough to think that's how its spread.

Come to think of it, I had some lemonfaced dude at a gym asked me if I showered. I said, "uh, yeah, AFTER I'm done raising a sweat." that's the oddest question I can think of.

No one's put me on double secret probation. I must be an underachiever.

meanwhile, back to the numbnuts' questions: I can't remember what Miss Manners recommended, it was a good solution. I tend, when i'm not just floored speechless by their stupidity, to smile like the upperclassman in high school when the freshman asks a dumb question..and then walk away. maybe throw in a head shake or two as I do it.
 spot4username
Msg: 73
Posted: 11/24/2015 7:21:32 PM

hmmmmmmmm let's see....

I get asked about my hair fairly often. Yes, it is real. No extensions. I change the color at will though.

I get asked about my long nails. Yes, they are real. I get gel manicures but it is over my own naturally long nails.

I get asked about my feet. I don't know if all the men asking have a fetish. Here in Florida our feet get a lot of face time. Cute little sandals and open toed shoes many months out of the year. They may be afraid they will be dining al fresco and look down just to find out I have cloven hooves.

I get asked the shaven/natural question. I don't dignify it when asked and won't here.

I get asked if my breasts are real. Same response as the previous question.

I get asked if my lashes are real. This one is fairly new. I guess false eyelashes are all the rage these days. Mine are real.

I get asked if I always wear heels (sort of an appearance question). More often than not.

I get asked lots of other really inappropriate questions but they aren't about appearance specifically.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 74
Posted: 11/24/2015 7:56:40 PM

I get asked about my hair fairly often. Yes, it is real. No extensions. I change the color at will though.

at least that's more polite than asking if your "other" hair matches the hair on your head which is what I get asked... what do carpets and drapes have to do with anything anyways? what a stupid question...

I get asked about my long nails. Yes, they are real. I get gel manicures but it is over my own naturally long nails.

never asked that; no nails... :)

I get asked about my feet. I don't know if all the men asking have a fetish. Here in Florida our feet get a lot of face time. Cute little sandals and open toed shoes many months out of the year. They may be afraid they will be dining al fresco and look down just to find out I have cloven hooves.

you know... now that you mention it.. you're right. there HAVE been a lot of people who have asked about toes.. when they find out about the shoes thing... apparently if you like heels you always wear open toed open footed heels. so they were asking if we have hooves? I think there are a lot of foot fetish people out there...

I get asked the shaven/natural question. I don't dignify it when asked and won't here.

ditto

I get asked if my breasts are real. Same response as the previous question.

never been asked that; only what size they are. Same response as above

I get asked if my lashes are real. This one is fairly new. I guess false eyelashes are all the rage these days. Mine are real.

never asked that either (see thing on no fingernails) :)

I get asked if I always wear heels (sort of an appearance question). More often than not.

asked that all the time. Though if someone knows me even a little they don't bother. They know the answer is yes. The more typical question is "you can walk in those things"? to which I answer, I can run in them.

I get asked lots of other really inappropriate questions but they aren't about appearance specifically.

we must be running across a bunch of the same people. Oh yeah, one other one; been asked more than a few times is if my backside matches my chest. (which would look really strange... wouldn't that make a person be deformed?) Strange way to ask a person if they are proportionately curvy.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2015 8:30:23 PM
I've read all comments. Ya gotta be kidding me- This is just to absurd to believe.

Didn't anyone teach these people manors? I'd be embarrassed to ask questions like that.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What ridiculousness have people asked you about your appearance?