Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What ridiculousness have people asked you about your appearance?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 76
What ridiculousness have people asked you about your appearance?Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Oh Oh Oh ..... re false eyelashes

I once got eyelash extensions then went for a swim wearing goggles.
Could not blink.
The lashes were longer than the space allocated in the goggles.

Am remembering more weird appearance questions.
Are you wearing blue contact lenses.
Are you a natural blonde.

When I had longer nails, would also get the nail question.

Plus lots and lots of weird activity quesions. But that is for a different thread.
 Rapunzel2016
Msg: 77
What ridiculousness have people asked you about your appearance?
Posted: 11/25/2015 2:55:58 PM
A few years ago, it was rumored in the forums that I was really an old man in a wheelchair.

LMFAO (no offense to wheelchair users)
(or old men)
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 78
Posted: 11/25/2015 3:24:09 PM
Not questions but I have received a couple odd comments on my appearance.

Some years ago, it was summer so I was walking barefoot in Seattle. Standing at the corner waiting for the light to change the stranger next to me blurts out "you have big feet." Well, I do have big feet but not out of ordinary.

Again some years ago, it was winter in Boston so I was wearing a parka and Sorel boots. Sitting on a bench in the bus station a stranger walks up and says "you look strong." Um, yah. What does one reply to a comment like that?
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 79
Posted: 11/25/2015 3:45:26 PM
^ Ummm... I mean no disrespect, but does anyone ever... you know... comment on your glasses?
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 80
Posted: 11/25/2015 4:13:20 PM
That was rude Baby. She probably has some weird eye condition that necessitates wearing them. It often coincides with big feet.
 Rapunzel2016
Msg: 81
Posted: 11/25/2015 4:35:08 PM

your glasses

IF they are X-ray specs ;0P Cynthia, I want a pair.

When I was a kid, at the back of comic books, they advertised "X-Ray Specs"

They claimed if you wore them...YOU COULD SEE THRU PEOPLE'S CLOTHES! NAKIE PEOPLE...EVERYWHERE!

LOOK, I JUST SAW CLOONY'S WEE-WEE & AUSSIE'S TA-TAS...
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 82
Posted: 11/25/2015 5:26:12 PM
I'm sorry, Cynthia. I'm sure most people don't even notice the glasses. Fyi my eyes are up here.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 83
Posted: 11/25/2015 6:05:48 PM
I think the glasses are bullsh!t detectors.

I want one!!! Please!!!

Hey, one gal told me she cuts everything a man tells her in half.

I told her that's great, cause I've been married 3x.

Hahahaha
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 84
Posted: 11/25/2015 6:24:04 PM
Bullsh!t detectors..........

I want one as well.
 Maleman999
Msg: 85
Posted: 11/25/2015 6:49:03 PM
I heard Bono wants his shades back.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 86
Posted: 11/25/2015 8:10:34 PM
Baby! What perky eyes you have!

Thanks for the help HTD. That Baby has been very naughty and deserves a spanking.

Oh, wait!
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 87
Posted: 11/25/2015 10:29:21 PM
I LIKE her glasses... (and if they double as x ray specs or bullshit detectors... I want a pair too) :
 Nth_degree1111
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2015 11:58:31 AM
quote] Light bulb moment. NOW, I understand where your arrogant attitude comes from.

Cheap shot!
 Nth_degree1111
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2015 11:59:34 AM
quote] Light bulb moment. NOW, I understand where your arrogant attitude comes from.

Cheap shot!
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 90
Posted: 11/28/2015 12:00:56 PM
^^^ Off Topic troll….don’t you think it’s time to get over being blocked from my inbox?

FYI multiple profiles are not allowed
 oneday57
Msg: 91
Posted: 11/28/2015 2:34:40 PM
Hmmmm...new one never have said that to a woman....and i worked along side of some that could kick the S****T out of any guy in a prison...lol...takes all kinds and dont you worry!...gooood luck!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 92
Posted: 11/30/2015 11:58:08 AM
I'm either wicked boring or wicked awesome, because I've not
been asked weird questions about my appearance.

I'm not sure if I should be insulted or feel complimented.
 gtomustang
Msg: 93
Posted: 11/30/2015 1:52:24 PM
i would love to believe that dumb comments (like, you know, "Hey! Smile!") are b/c you got someone's attention, they want your's, and couldn't think of something actually smart to say. That after you pass, their friend looks at them with a smile and says,"that was really smooth".

that we just captivate people so much, they are at a loss for words. so they sputter out something.

but then i read the person a bit closer and go....no..they actually are just an a-hole.

some people just truly love to hear themselves talk. even when they have nothing worth listening to. maybe air passing over their vocal chords triggers a nerve cluster attached to their groin, so they get a little tingle "Down there".

or....they could just be a-holes.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2015 4:45:12 PM
showboatsupreme

good answer!! so she thinks you have been married 1.5 times then!! I am sure that if a man mentions his financial debt,
or how many times he has been fined for speeding or other offences, how many times he has been rejected online, she doubles that...lol!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2015 4:46:50 PM
castlehillsmile

I agree with you on the bullshit detector, I think you need one, going on the amount of dismal, abysmal dates you agree to. lol! no offence... I think you need to Skype any potential men, and if they wont do that, pass on. I know it does not guarantee he will be all he says he is but it goes some way to discerning his appearance at least and you can hear his voice as well and see his mannerisms.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 96
Posted: 11/30/2015 4:52:33 PM
msg 34

So true

So VERY true

" sometimes if you want something done you have to do it yourself "
 south_city
Msg: 97
Posted: 12/1/2015 7:31:39 AM

"When did you start dying your hair? Your hair used to be dark red." This from the man who had cleaned my carpets over the years. What a tactless comment. I haven't seen him since.

Nothing wrong with that question. Classic example of making a mountain of a molehill.

Men don't like women with muscles," an overweight, out of shape woman told me. "Men want their woman to look feminine." I have known her for years. We were standing in line at a fabric store. /quote]

I wouldn't say this to a woman. But I'm not attracted to women with huge muscles and look like professional bodybuilders. There are many ( not all ) men that feel the same way. However an athletic / fit / toned woman with some muscle can be attractive.
 south_city
Msg: 98
Posted: 12/1/2015 8:07:05 AM
To answer the actual thread topic, I emailed a woman and she replied saying that I looked "scared and uptight" in my pictures. If she wasn't interested, simply say "no thanks" or don't respond.

Men don't like women with muscles," an overweight, out of shape woman told me. "Men want their woman to look feminine." I have known her for years. We were standing in line at a fabric store.

Fixing the quote....I wouldn't say this to a woman. But I'm not attracted to women with huge muscles and look like professional bodybuilders. There are many ( not all ) men that feel the same way. However an athletic / fit / toned woman with some muscle can be attractive.
 Kodanshi
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2015 8:07:17 AM
It's not 'asking' by any stretch of the imagination, but I once received a message from a woman who claimed that my beard reminded her of her 'minge'.
 a_djentleman
Msg: 100
Posted: 12/3/2015 10:11:24 AM
Nothing on here other than the chronology of my beard vs. non-beard / long hair.

I was asked on Tinder how tall I was, to which I replied, "Too short for women who care how tall people are."
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What ridiculousness have people asked you about your appearance?