Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What ridiculousness have people asked you about your appearance?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 121
view profile
History
What ridiculousness have people asked you about your appearance?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I was once asked if my penis was all real. Or did I have an extension, or botox treatment.

I just smiled and said Oh I'm so happy to see you.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 122
What ridiculousness have people asked you about your appearance?
Posted: 12/11/2015 11:06:27 PM

I was once asked if my penis was all real. Or did I have an extension, or botox treatment.

I just smiled and said Oh I'm so happy to see you.

Lol

I was once asked by a non-white lady if I am partially of a non-white race. That was a bit unusual being that I have a very typical Slavic face and green eyes. I attribute it to the foundation and heavy makeup I was wearing... must have really changed my appearance. I was at a diner either before or after partying and I was way young.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 123
Posted: 12/13/2015 8:08:26 AM

So to follow up, I only make house calls, not phone calls.

Ok, well then in that case take my word for it. Again. :)
 mike11092
Msg: 124
Posted: 12/13/2015 6:54:41 PM

I just met a girl a couple of nights ago over a couple of brewski's at the local happy hour and found that, apparently, my profile is misleading because I have short hair.

......I....I'm not sure if I should take down all of the pictures I have of myself and just stick to the one, or if I should just ignore her and move on...I mean...I guess I should selfie more?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2015 7:53:13 PM
Yes good old Miss A, a petty tyrant if ever there was one. Couldn't spell the "privileges" she was forever revoking lol!
As for any kind of ban, I am sure that a new profile would circumvent all that.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2015 7:55:32 PM
mike11092

You mean she didn't care that you are wearing sunglasses and in general the shots are not very clear?
As has been said a million times before full length, clear and smiling is the way to go. Not rocket science.
 mike11092
Msg: 127
Posted: 12/13/2015 8:47:16 PM

As has been said a million times before full length, clear and smiling is the way to go. Not rocket science.

I have PTSD. My hands shake. They are literally never still. Therefore, that's as clear as any picture I take gets. Cameras hate me.

When people ask me to take their picture, I laugh and walk away.

Not even kidding.

Besides, she was talking about my hair. She didn't say, for example, that my profile was misleading because of a), b), or c). She just prefers dudes with long hair. And I'm obviously a long way from that now....

Further...

full length, clear and smiling is the way to go.

What works for some does not work for others.

I don't care much for pictures of myself, so I don't take many. On the off chance that I feel like taking one, or someone takes one of me, I post it up. And even more rarely do I smile.

Also, I feel like, were I smiling in my pictures, it would be more deceitful. I do not walk around with a grin on my face.

With that said, I'm not sitting here complaining about my results. My profile works for me. I get better results than some and I think it has something to do with the fact that my profile doesn't scream desperate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What ridiculousness have people asked you about your appearance?