Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Golddigging in the Minor Leagues      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 import_from_uk
Msg: 51
Golddigging in the Minor LeaguesPage 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

I'm petrified of being poor.

And yet perfectly fine with being a liar, manipulative and an abuser of the system? Meh, water seeks it own level. If she is a gold-digger, I think you've found all you deserve. I'm sure two people who play the system for their own personal gain are a match made in heaven.
 midnightrun2
Msg: 52
Golddigging in the Minor Leagues
Posted: 11/26/2015 5:16:53 AM

And yet perfectly fine with being a liar, manipulative and an abuser of the system? Meh, water seeks it own level.

How did you arrive at this conclusion?

OP simply stated he had a small pension (retirement in June) Said he had decent social security income.

Did he elect to draw early ss retirement and elect to continue working until he reached full retirement age of 66? Or has he decided to wait until full retirement age of 66 to draw the max benefit of around 2300 a month if that, in addition to his pension? I could understand if he said he was drawing disability (ssdi) and working, but you're certainly not "gaming" the system by drawing regular SS after contributing throughout your working life.

Just having a home and a "cabin" doesn't sound all that gamey either. If he said a chalet meh...but I've seen some cabins that looked..well like cabins. Rustic may have described them too nicely. Lol
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 53
Posted: 11/26/2015 5:38:57 AM
Jaysus, if this is the dating scene at 65, we're doomed...
 rearguard*2
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2015 6:46:03 AM
Oh, its a lot worse than that!
 JujuO12
Msg: 55
Posted: 11/26/2015 7:37:50 AM
Come on this sh-- is funny. LOL
 ohenryx
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2015 8:17:26 AM

ShowboatSupreme
Jaysus, if this is the dating scene at 65, we’re doomed…

Trust me, it isn’t.

rearguard*2
Oh, its a lot worse than that!

I beg to differ. I’m having a great time. And I find it easier to get dates now than at any other time in my life.

If things are that bad in Montreal, then you need to relocate.

But I strongly suspect location isn’t your problem.

I just this morning made two dates, one for the movies this evening, with a lovely woman my age. Another date to go dancing tomorrow evening, another lovely woman, 49.

Oh, and while I’m here, Happy Thanksgiving!
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 57
Posted: 11/26/2015 9:12:58 AM
All it took was for me to offer half of my liver and then all of a sudden after he got the all clear on cancer I was a gold digger. I really love this line of thinking. I might not have the man but at least I have all of my liver.

Le Pew
 Seki1949
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2015 9:20:03 AM

And yet perfectly fine with being a liar, manipulative and an abuser of the system?

Import, this must be a cultural breakdown with your misunderstanding of the US. I am none of the above:

1. The pension comes from 25 years employment with what use to be a major fortune 500 company. I choose to take the pension early at 55 when I left the company. I receive less each month over a longer period.

2. I choose to begin taking money from my social security account at 66 which was the first year I could legally draw from it and to continue work with no income penalty. In the US, social security is consider to be your own requirement account and you are allowed to continue to work. Perhaps in UK, it is considered the "dole" and you are not permitted to work.

3. I work for the state of California in a job won by competitive testing. On Jan 9, I will take a competitive test for a transfer position (promotion) as Staff Services Analyst in the state capital. If I do well, I will continue to work at a new challenging position as I am legally entitled to. If not, I will almost certainly retire at 67. 5 years as I will prefer the free time in relatively good health over my current position.

4. I also work as an adjunct facility for a local university and a testing scorer for E.T.S.

5. The cabin came from the profit from the sale of my first house.

6. There is nothing "liar, manipulative and an abuser of the system" in any of this. Lots of good old hard work, a little luck, and a small family inheritance which I invested rather than squandered.

7. I am almost 67 and have had some personal acquaintances pass away this year. It has focused my mind. At some point in your life you may become aware of how little time you likely have left based on family history, over-all health, and the experiences of your peers. Trying to balance earning additional money for retirement versus having quality time left to enjoy live. I have a very small 'bucket list' left; the lead item is to see the night skies of the Southern Hemisphere.

8. Yes, I fear poverty. My family had a three to four year brush with poverty I when I was young. My ex-wife use to (kindly) joke with me, "You would work 24 hours a day if you could."

9. I regret the tone and emphasis of the original post. I'll take the good advice here to let the situation develop naturally.

"...liar, manipulative and an abuser of the system" Never. In the Olde Days, I would demand satisfaction.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 59
Posted: 11/26/2015 9:25:45 AM
Hey, I might not have the woman, but at least I don't need help paying rent and having health insurance :)
 goldenbear60
Msg: 60
Posted: 11/26/2015 9:26:13 AM
^^^ Maybe you will get an apology from that stupid poster. I doubt it, but it would be nice to see.

I think you are wise to let this dating/not dating thing play out. Why not.
 JujuO12
Msg: 61
Posted: 11/26/2015 9:30:29 AM

All it took was for me to offer half of my liver and then all of a sudden after he got the all clear on cancer I was a gold digger. I really love this line of thinking. I might not have the man but at least I have all of my liver.

LOL yall make me laugh LOL
 JujuO12
Msg: 62
Posted: 11/26/2015 9:33:32 AM

Boo, I highly encourage all women to use their visual aids to attract men. Wait, except daughters.

Why not your daughters?
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 63
Posted: 11/26/2015 9:54:01 AM
I only allow my daughters to wear turtle neck sweaters.

I also give them a chastity belt, wand and princess tiara at birth :)
 rearguard*2
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2015 10:02:52 AM

If things are that bad in Montreal, then you need to relocate.

Things are never bad in Montreal.

If I ever did have a problem, it would be that there are way too many women available for fun and frolick in my life. That is what makes it worse!

Too much choice, so little time....
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 65
Posted: 11/26/2015 10:07:31 AM
Yep. The dynamics of dating in an ocean vs a pond.

Who to dazzle next?

Time to head down to See's candies and get some sweets...
 JujuO12
Msg: 66
Posted: 11/26/2015 11:28:41 AM

I only allow my daughters to wear turtle neck sweaters.

She will have to worry about waking up with a man on top of her because she passed out from heat exhaustion.
 csillagjanos
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2015 5:39:53 PM
"""I only allow my daughters to wear turtle neck sweaters.
I also give them a chastity belt, wand and princess tiara at birth :)"""

I imagine your daughter showing up at the prom, or at anything else wearing nothing but a turtleneck sweater and a chastity belt.

Although from your wording it seems that wearing the ch-belt is optional.

Well, for her sake, I hope the sweater and the belt are at least colour-coordinated.

The tiara is a bit over-the-top. Guys will go nuts never mind the diamond tiaras.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 68
Posted: 11/26/2015 7:28:50 PM
To amuse myself I have just had my tarot cards read.

I will shortly inherit money, it will change my life.
I will go on a holiday and buy a country property.
Will also meet a wonderful man who is intelligent and rich.
I will be blissfully happy.

But will he be a gold digger, only interested in me because of my inheritance.
(and tiary, want, chastity belt and turtle neck sweater.)
 Viper1j
Msg: 69
Posted: 12/3/2015 9:40:47 AM

Late last week, I went to dinner with a co-worker who has only a had tepid interest in me. I was highly interested in her at first 9 months ago but I came to see that I was hopelessly friend-zoned. The occasional dinner was better than eating alone, but not by much.

As dinner conversation, I let slip that I had a little money. Not much by contemporary standards. A house, a mountain cabin, a small pension, and fairly generous social security. Some of this had been mentioned before, some was brought up when discussing that I had set a date-certain retirement date of June 30, 2016 from our current mutual employ.

Suddenly I am much more attractive! She drops by my desk every morning for a little flirt, sends a cute mid-day email. Happy, Happy, Happy...

I wouldn't believe the golddigging without seeing it happen to me. The irony is if she had exploited my initial crush 9 months ago she would have got it ALL by just outliving me. (She is about 4 years younger than me and much healthier than me. I'm good for 70 to 72 at most. I think she'll make 80 and push on through.)

Sounds like a perfect candidate for the old "pump and dump".
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 70
Posted: 12/3/2015 11:21:32 AM

Sounds like a perfect candidate for the old "pump and dump".

After you use the blow-up doll, you don't have to throw her away. You can always pump her up again for the next use.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2015 11:41:32 AM

NO way!!! NO WAY??? I have been married and NOT know what he paid for the car. I couldn't image asking a man that kind of question. Wow.

You do Realize, when You marry someone, all their Legal Obligations, become Yours, don't you?

If they owe the IRS, then you owe the IRS....

If they default on their Car payment, then they can come after you, too....

It doesn't matter if You signed on the note or not.....
 Chromis1
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2015 11:56:51 AM

You do Realize, when You marry someone, all their Legal Obligations, become Yours, don't you?

If they owe the IRS, then you owe the IRS....

No, no. Tax advice can't be doled out as if from a Legal Pez Dispenser.

Generally, the IRS has no recourse against a new spouse for amounts previously incurred by the debtor-spouse. If you live in a state that recognizes right of survivorship transfer laws, assets held jointly by the original debtor-spouse and the new innocent spouse can't be levied, nor liened, by the IRS. The nine community property states present a different, more complex situation. Since all property is considered owned 50/50, the innocent spouse's paycheck is considered 50% owned by the original debtor-spouse, and can be garnished. Even then, the innocent spouse can, and probably should, petition the IRS for "Innocent Spouse" relief under I.R.C. Sec. 6015, to prevent further garnishments.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 73
Posted: 12/3/2015 1:33:27 PM

After you use the blow-up doll, you don't have to throw her away. You can always pump her up again for the next use.

He might want to consider cleaning her too unless he likes his own sloppy seconds.
 Viper1j
Msg: 74
Posted: 12/4/2015 6:53:41 AM

Forget the blowup doll. Even a live hooker is more honest than the bilge snipe he just described.
 Viper1j
Msg: 75
Posted: 12/4/2015 7:05:16 AM
And most men already know, that it's well-established fact that no member of the "sisterhood" can do or say anything wrong.

How dare that evil man trying to protect his assets! This female is clearly entitled to every penny and property that belongs to him!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Golddigging in the Minor Leagues