Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Golddigging in the Minor Leagues      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Chromis1
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Golddigging in the Minor LeaguesPage 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
^^^^ Look in your closet. You probably have a spare set.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 102
Golddigging in the Minor Leagues
Posted: 12/5/2015 9:46:35 AM
You attorneys are a trip :)

Shrewd and cunning.

Always feel like I'm bringing a knife to a gun fight...
 BBEisBack
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2015 10:15:04 AM

^^^ I think I would fight you for at least half custody of that adorable pup! What a sweetie!

It would be in the pre-nup.

Paragraph 3, Custody of Tucker.
It is agreed by the parties, with full consent and irrevocably, that Chromis will retain full custody of Tucker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCg5VZB_GJc
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 104
Posted: 12/5/2015 10:31:55 AM

Always feel like I'm bringing a knife to a gun fight...

No need for violence. You just need something cuter than a dog. Try a bunny rabbit.
 deetristate
Msg: 105
Posted: 12/6/2015 8:26:16 AM
TODAY, I think that "golddiggers" have the right idea.
For 16 years of my life at home, my mother was a stay at home mother. We always had manicured lawns, beautiful gardens, freshly painted walls, a tidy home and kids would love to have dinner at my house because we always had a square meal and some new gadget.

My father earned a nice living but we were not rich, looking back. But I felt rich because my mother did those things for the home. Not having to pay for those things, we had nice family vacations.

And, no, my father was no where near the 2% in earnings,

These days, men demand that woman work. Most men these days are not good at fixing things or have no desire to do so. Therefore you have two people who are not up to doing any of those things at the end of the day and do not want to devote weekends to the house, every weekend. It is very expensive to hire people to do all of those things that my mother did for the household.

Just a thought that I am having this Sunday morning.
 2shotdancer
Msg: 106
Posted: 12/6/2015 8:38:47 AM

These days, men demand that woman work.

I would'nt say the word is demand . Unless you have an income that is somewhat substantial it's almost a requirement to have both spouses working just to have anything "extra" and sometimes just to make it.

Most men these days are not good at fixing things or have no desire to do so

Maybe so in a younger guy, maybe in urban areas. I don't see this to be the "norm" in my area. I wouldn't mind having shares of Home Depot and Lowes. :)
 ohenryx
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2015 9:12:02 AM

deetristate
These days, men demand that woman work.

Wait a minute, wait a minute, where am I? I thought I was in the Over 45 forum – yes, I am in the Over 45 forum! The only reason / excuse women ever had for staying at home, not working, was raising children. We are done with that, certainly I am, and I would hope any woman that I meet / date is also finished with raising kids.

Most men these days are not good at fixing things or have no desire to do so.

Once again, I get the feeling that you are confused about the age group / demographic that you are talking to.

We always had manicured lawns, beautiful gardens, freshly painted walls

It is very expensive to hire people to do all of those things that my mother did for the household.

Your mother did the yard work and house painting? I think I would like your mother. Is she single and attractive?
 sapphiresky242
Msg: 108
Posted: 12/6/2015 9:16:45 AM
I agree with the above. How many women even want to stay home and raise their children? Or men? People want things, lots of things and those things require a two pay cheque family. So they pay for someone to care for their children, clean their house or fix their house and eat out a lot.

As for "These days, men demand that woman work." That's a laughable statement. "demand", I don't think so.

I also agree, I should have bought shares in Home Depot and Lowe's early on. I've been in both in the last two months doing a couple of my own projects, these stores are packed with people looking for a can of paint or a load of lumber.
 deetristate
Msg: 109
Posted: 12/6/2015 9:17:27 AM
I know of men at 60 marrying a woman in her 40s BECAUSE she is still working. This is not uncommon.
I am amazed at the surprise or disbelief expressed here. And many younger men require it.
Anyway. . . just a thought.

My mother is too old for you, henry.

Still painting, though, and she just put in new flower bushes around her home.

I have had men ask me how much I am planning to get in retirement and then start adding up theirs and mine. So gold-digging can apply to all, I guess.

HondoGal
Msg: 110
Posted: 12/8/2015 1:28:10 AM
Gee, Seki I had to laugh (not in a mean way) when I read your post. Why would you think that the lady you are attracted to wants your worldly goods? Especially given that by your own account it is not that much. If you like the lady go for it. You’re a clever guy if she really is only interested in your largess I think you’ll be able to figure that out within a reasonable time.

Also, keep in mind that given her age she would not be attracted to someone who is not a viable man. I think it only natural that she would not want to be involved with a poverty stricken guy.

The gold digger accusation always come from modest means guys who highly value their things, are of miserly greed, probably buy generic food, freeze everything, etc....Loveisatemple

I agree, they are usually not generous; not even with themselves.

HondoGal
Msg: 111
Posted: 12/8/2015 2:09:17 AM
Chromis1
Msg 73, thanks for the advice. Even here in California, a community property state, it is difficult to claim ALL property as held by both. Things acquired prior to marriage by one party is not automatically community property.

The dog is adorable; just saw a movie that had a puppy similar to yours.

----------------------------

I have had men ask me how much I am planning to get in retirement and then start adding up theirs and mine. So gold-digging can apply to all, I guess.~dee

You’re right; even when younger I had guys that wanted to marry me for my flight benefits. Lol, they were younger college guys.

Now I’m sure that I’m not the only woman who has had a man suggest that he’d “love to move in” to our homes. I would not mind that as long as he has a desirable property as well.

SLAFFA
Msg: 112
Posted: 12/8/2015 10:40:33 PM
A woman's most basic programming is to look for a "successful" man who will naturally have "more resources" to hopefully raise any children into adulthood where they can carry on HER bloodline. A guy will want to impregnate as many females as possible giving him the best chance to carry on HIS bloodline. It's been this way for a long time and is not about to change anytime soon. There are countless documentaries and mountains of evidence to support this. Brain activity can now be accurately scanned with fMRIs. They have even been scanning the brains of specially trained pooches for quite some time now...

Thankfully, at least some adults are able to overcome or at least work with this most basic programming we all have. And people silly enough to think we all have totally FREE/FULL control over precisely what we find attractive in a mate?

Might as well throw in the towel now.
 Viper1j
Msg: 113
Posted: 12/10/2015 6:03:06 PM
And O.J. said "Community What???
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 114
Posted: 12/10/2015 7:03:37 PM

I would think getting a pre-nup would reveal those sort of things-if it's done by a lawyer who would be expected to know and verify each person's financial situation.

6 years ago I paid for both me and him to have independent financial advice and draw up a 'prenup' or 'cohabitation agreement'. He said he did not have the money nor did he really want such an agreement but went along with it to humour me.
Intention was to protect both our assets in case of a split, which happened, or death which did not happen.
Otherwise if he had died I could make a claim on his assets which should go to his kids.

After we split he told me that he had other assets he did not tell the lawyer about as he did not want me to find out.
I found this out after he lived in my house for 18 months with me paying all the bills.

WHAT THE?

I was glad we did not need to test the document.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 115
Posted: 12/10/2015 7:19:57 PM

Otherwise if he had died I could make a claim on his assets which should go to his kids.

Assets acquired before the co-habitation, or during?

Why should you, or anyone, be able to claim assets owned by someone else before you ever even met, just because you lived together for a short time?

Bizarre.
 xlr8ingme
Msg: 116
Posted: 12/10/2015 9:52:22 PM
Just to throw this out there- What's it called when a man prefers to be with a women with secured financial resources? Water sometimes simply seeks its own level.

-OP- Im happy to read you are giving things a chance.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 117
Posted: 12/10/2015 9:56:38 PM
Piano you are welcome any time.
I will even get my piano tuned so you can play.

I am thinking of taking on a project which will mean more travel so the dogs need feeding.
If you can handle swimming, feeding dogs, keeping the vegie and herb garden alive and not destroyed by enthusiastic, overgrown puppies???

[Your reference to Ruby something in your profile reminds me.
I have found a great loophole to get preferential treatment at big, over 100,000 people, free open air concerts. Take a disabled person. Free VIP parking, VIP reserved seating. Close toilets. Extra assistance. I am taking an 83 year old lady who is legally blind to both the Symphony and the Opera in the park - part of the Sydney January Festival.
Magnificent. It is the Ruby anniversary so we have to wear ruby clothing and have a ruby picnic. There is a prize. Probably a bottle of red (ruby) wine. ]

Yes - apparently in death you only have to be living together for 1 day. (A friend died and his recent EX girlfriend put in a claim for his house. It took 12 months in the courts and a lot of money to be sorted. Horrible situation. They never lived together and one of the deciding factors was when the judge asked her how long it took to commute to work from his house? She could not answer. So she was stupid as well as greedy. There was also a note that he had written to another friend saying they had split up and he had made a terrible choice to be with her at all. We all refer to her as 'loopyb1tchface' )
His family, finally, got at least some of the money.

In life 6 months. AND only sleeping together 4 days per week at either your or the other person's home.
Stupid, stupid law.

Even with the Cohabitation agreement. It is not necessarily going to stand up in court as the courts prefer people to be married rather than 'living in sin' ha ha
But better than nothing.

Just to throw this out there- What's it called when a man prefers to be with a women with secured financial resources? Water sometimes simply seeks its own level.
<<<<< Sensible
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2015 2:49:24 AM
I agree with everything you stated, Dee. If I didn't have my handyman (who is like a brother to me), and some skills of my own, I'd be in trouble as far as keeping the home up. Most of the men I've known have "two left hands that are all thumbs." And they sure enough are curious about your retirement benefits. I retired from the Senate of PA.....not a huge pension, but fabulous lifetime medical, dental, eye, and vision benefits. I've had men ask me if I wanted to get married because THEY needed "better benefits". Crazy.
 Maleman999
Msg: 119
Posted: 12/13/2015 8:05:22 AM
^^^Is it just as crazy if a woman with no or little benefits wants to marry a guy who has good benefits? It's not the 1950's anymore.
 szinnyeimersepal
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2015 7:11:36 PM
"Will marry for food."
 deetristate
Msg: 121
Posted: 12/14/2015 7:47:57 PM
"""After we split he told me that he had other assets he did not tell the lawyer about as he did not want me to find out.
I found this out after he lived in my house for 18 months with me paying all the bills."

And the moral of that story is NEVER LIVE WITH A MAN IF YOU ARE NOT MARRIED TO HIM unless you have nothing, no food and no where to live. no matter what age.

I have seen what happens many times(to other women) when they do not follow this guideline.

And, sorry, but IMO, unless it is a situation where you were married and he became ill and you take care of him, it is weak of a man to look for a woman to rely on financially and provide a place to live.
 sapphiresky242
Msg: 122
Posted: 12/14/2015 8:35:33 PM
^^^ I'd give this same advice to my brother or a male friend too, wouldn't you Deetristate ? I'd just be guessing but I think the numbers would still show that in general, it's the men doing the supporting, the providing . Generally. I know some will argue this but, you can't say women make $.75 to every $1.00 a man earns and not just do the math and figure that men still make more money, generally, so they contribute more or support more financially. In general. Women have lower paying jobs, in general. I know I made less than my husband and all the men I dated, I'm guessing by their occupation only, made more money than me and I make a decent living.

The thing is, most men realize this and don't seem to balk at being the higher earner. They don't seem to mind that me or Susie or Sally they are in love with makes less. There is a huge difference in a woman being a gold digger and and a woman who by virtue of her occupation, makes less.

Go in with your eyes open. Eyes open, not a closed heart. And live with a man, you don't have to be married...just have a legal agreement drawn up.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 123
Posted: 12/14/2015 9:15:16 PM
Ya know. It's interesting...

I've never once met a gal that earned as much as me with the same educational background.

That being said, any time they've even approached my earnings or education, they all b!tched about not wanting to be a sugar momma.

WTF??

I've always shared what I had and didn't b!tch about it.
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 124
Posted: 12/14/2015 9:16:23 PM

Generally. I know some will argue this but, you can't say women make $.75 to every $1.00 a man earns and not just do the math and figure that men still make more money, generally, so they contribute more or support more financially. In general. Women have lower paying jobs, in general. I know I made less than my husband and all the men I dated, I'm guessing by their occupation only, made more money than me and I make a decent living.

The thing is, most men realize this and don't seem to balk at being the higher earner. They don't seem to mind that me or Susie or Sally they are in love with makes less. There is a huge difference in a woman being a gold digger and and a woman who by virtue of her occupation, makes less.

Go in with your eyes open. Eyes open, not a closed heart. And live with a man, you don't have to be married...just have a legal agreement drawn up.

I made more money than both my husbands put together, I paid all the support for my children--so what...people who **** about money are doing so cause of internal issues they have...they are still mad or angry about something in their past and use it as a way to determine the mental health of someone before getting involved.

People show us what our meaning is to them, we often get so caught up in what we want to be they would don't actually pay close attention and then because the outcome isn't what we want--we want to blame all men or all women when the real issue is the fact we just didn't get our way.

If you love someone and they don't have anything--then do you really love them if you resent that? Most people are afraid of real connections so they make up these *things they want vs viewing someone based on who they really are and could be to them.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 125
Posted: 12/15/2015 10:14:10 AM

I've never once met a gal that earned as much as me with the same educational background.

I feel your pain.
I'm low key...nothing about my profile suggests education or income level, so it's a surprise to some when
their money doesn't interest me.

I've always shared as well...never kept score or ****ed.
I thought that's what adults in a relationship did.

ONL has turned all the norms topsy turvy.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Golddigging in the Minor Leagues