Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Golddigging in the Minor Leagues      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 deetristate
Msg: 121
Golddigging in the Minor LeaguesPage 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
"""After we split he told me that he had other assets he did not tell the lawyer about as he did not want me to find out.
I found this out after he lived in my house for 18 months with me paying all the bills."

And the moral of that story is NEVER LIVE WITH A MAN IF YOU ARE NOT MARRIED TO HIM unless you have nothing, no food and no where to live. no matter what age.

I have seen what happens many times(to other women) when they do not follow this guideline.

And, sorry, but IMO, unless it is a situation where you were married and he became ill and you take care of him, it is weak of a man to look for a woman to rely on financially and provide a place to live.
 sapphiresky242
Msg: 122
Golddigging in the Minor Leagues
Posted: 12/14/2015 8:35:33 PM
^^^ I'd give this same advice to my brother or a male friend too, wouldn't you Deetristate ? I'd just be guessing but I think the numbers would still show that in general, it's the men doing the supporting, the providing . Generally. I know some will argue this but, you can't say women make $.75 to every $1.00 a man earns and not just do the math and figure that men still make more money, generally, so they contribute more or support more financially. In general. Women have lower paying jobs, in general. I know I made less than my husband and all the men I dated, I'm guessing by their occupation only, made more money than me and I make a decent living.

The thing is, most men realize this and don't seem to balk at being the higher earner. They don't seem to mind that me or Susie or Sally they are in love with makes less. There is a huge difference in a woman being a gold digger and and a woman who by virtue of her occupation, makes less.

Go in with your eyes open. Eyes open, not a closed heart. And live with a man, you don't have to be married...just have a legal agreement drawn up.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 123
Posted: 12/14/2015 9:15:16 PM
Ya know. It's interesting...

I've never once met a gal that earned as much as me with the same educational background.

That being said, any time they've even approached my earnings or education, they all b!tched about not wanting to be a sugar momma.

WTF??

I've always shared what I had and didn't b!tch about it.
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 124
Posted: 12/14/2015 9:16:23 PM

Generally. I know some will argue this but, you can't say women make $.75 to every $1.00 a man earns and not just do the math and figure that men still make more money, generally, so they contribute more or support more financially. In general. Women have lower paying jobs, in general. I know I made less than my husband and all the men I dated, I'm guessing by their occupation only, made more money than me and I make a decent living.

The thing is, most men realize this and don't seem to balk at being the higher earner. They don't seem to mind that me or Susie or Sally they are in love with makes less. There is a huge difference in a woman being a gold digger and and a woman who by virtue of her occupation, makes less.

Go in with your eyes open. Eyes open, not a closed heart. And live with a man, you don't have to be married...just have a legal agreement drawn up.

I made more money than both my husbands put together, I paid all the support for my children--so what...people who **** about money are doing so cause of internal issues they have...they are still mad or angry about something in their past and use it as a way to determine the mental health of someone before getting involved.

People show us what our meaning is to them, we often get so caught up in what we want to be they would don't actually pay close attention and then because the outcome isn't what we want--we want to blame all men or all women when the real issue is the fact we just didn't get our way.

If you love someone and they don't have anything--then do you really love them if you resent that? Most people are afraid of real connections so they make up these *things they want vs viewing someone based on who they really are and could be to them.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 125
Posted: 12/15/2015 10:14:10 AM

I've never once met a gal that earned as much as me with the same educational background.

I feel your pain.
I'm low key...nothing about my profile suggests education or income level, so it's a surprise to some when
their money doesn't interest me.

I've always shared as well...never kept score or ****ed.
I thought that's what adults in a relationship did.

ONL has turned all the norms topsy turvy.
 throttle_junkie
Msg: 126
Posted: 12/15/2015 11:20:53 PM
Jeez, you think that just "maybe" after eating dinner with you she liked you?

It sounds to me like you could have read more into what you "think" she paid attention to than what she "did" pay attention to?

Dude, I'm much in the same financial boat (listen up SS is not WELFARE WE pay into it during a lifetime) and guess what? Many gals do NOT want to marry, so the presumption she is or may be a "gold digger" is sorry to say, messed up.

Why not date her? If SHE asks to marry you next week then you have a story to tell :-)
 ohenryx
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2015 10:53:29 AM

ShowboatSupreme
Ya know. It's interesting...

I’m surprised to hear you say that. I have met many women with higher degrees and higher incomes. PhD in education, or nursing, or … MD, JD, MBA.

Managers, VPs, doctors, judges, principals, psychologists, psychiatrists, PA, …

Possibly because I am not in the least intimidated by intelligence or education or earnings?

Really, the only problems I have encountered are with women who came from wealthy backgrounds. They tend to have a sense of entitlement that can be difficult. Women who have earned what they have, never a problem.

That being said, any time they've even approached my earnings or education, they all b!tched about not wanting to be a sugar momma.

Once again, I’ve never really encountered that with women who earned what they have. I don’t think anyone in this day and age wants to support someone else, but if you can support yourself, then it’s all good.

About the only exception are those who really wish to be / are world travelers. I have no real desire, and wouldn’t spend my hard earned money on it. And they (women who earn a lot and use it to travel) are not interested in paying my way. Not that I would want them to, we are just “not a match”. Next.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 128
Posted: 12/16/2015 12:05:09 PM
Henry, I refering to online. Offline? They're married.
 boatbob2q
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2016 11:22:38 AM
Heck,dont marry her,just lead her on,and bang her brains out, she will probably give you everything,BTW,there are MANY MEN golddiggers out there,be careful.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2016 2:49:42 PM
What on Earth is a freshly painted wall? Was it being repainted every week or so??lol!!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2016 12:12:07 PM

Late last week, I went to dinner with a co-worker who has only a had tepid interest in me. I was highly interested in her at first 9 months ago but I came to see that I was hopelessly friend-zoned. The occasional dinner was better than eating alone, but not by much.

If she truly Did friend-zone you (if she was out of your league, your instincts/feelings would be correct) -- I hope you didn't fully pay for the whole thing. ;)

I wouldn't believe the golddigging without seeing it happen to me. The irony is if she had exploited my initial crush 9 months ago she would have got it ALL by just outliving me. (She is about 4 years younger than me and much healthier than me. I'm good for 70 to 72 at most. I think she'll make 80 and push on through.)

Well, she figured by how you were, you were just an average Joe in the finance dept (at best?). Probably you sitting with a little More than financial comfortability, even for some fun, perked her ears. You can test whether that was Really the case or not, if given the chances for dating. If she's willing to go out on dates with you, but wants expensive ones and is apprehensive about more than a doorstep kiss thru a couple dates -- yeah, not good. If you keep things not-that-expensive and she's fine with it... maybe there is something, who knows?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Golddigging in the Minor Leagues