Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Girl rips me apart in text saying she's done w/ me. Should I respond      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Strider886
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Girl rips me apart in text saying she's done w/ me. Should I respond or give up?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Some women think that the man should do EVERYTHING in a relationship, the reason for this is either:

a) They don't want to put anything in just in case they get hurt.

b) They have princess syndrome and believe men should be their free meal ticket.

Either way she's damaged goods, best to GTFO.
 Sweetness_and_Light
Msg: 26
Girl rips me apart in text saying she's done w/ me. Should I respond or give up?
Posted: 12/13/2015 3:40:51 AM
I am so glad you checked in with that enlightened viewpoint.

(btw, you may want to check the def of 'wall of text' and revise your profile accordingly. Yours is too 'readable' and does not qualify. I enjoy reading profiles too. And yes, I know where the profile review forum is.....)
 loveisatemple
Msg: 27
Girl rips me apart in text saying she's done w/ me. Should I respond or give up?
Posted: 12/13/2015 5:47:36 PM
"Some women think that the man should do EVERYTHING in a relationship, the reason for this is either:

a) They don't want to put anything in just in case they get hurt.

b) They have princess syndrome and believe men should be their free meal ticket.

Either way she's damaged goods, best to GTFO."

Ok, you just generalized YOUR experience, typical of male ranters here that women are gold diggers, arrogant royalty, or tainted merchandise( objectify much?). However these are epithets hurled often after a gal has shown no interest, so how does she get to exploit your money, obedience/ enslavement/ submission, and subject you to her insanity if she is not participating with your delusional feelings of persecution?

Whatever a gal does, there will be some face saving posturing when she saw your had some poor views on women and if you think that can be hidden, no it cannot and you will get dumped early or later because such things aren't excusable and will end things every time.

If you are a guy that just likes women as mating stock but otherwise harbors such views, you might as well make other plans, keep the gold digger accusations, bought coffee laments, keep your cash.
 Organization13
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2015 7:34:01 AM
This probably was the stupidest girl I've heard about online. I mean, friend zoning someone for being a romantic. But you should have initiated the relationship further. But there's really no reason for her to have acted like that, when you think about it she's being a "b***h" for no reason at all. She could've gone about it nicer. And friend zone? Is that still a thing?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2015 4:42:54 PM
OP, she made it clear as a bell that she doesn't like you in that way. I'm not trying to be harsh, but, I'm going to be direct (that's what you're asking for). The fact that you're thinking there's even a chance and even Questioning that she's done with you makes me highly doubt that what she's saying is untrue. Even she's trying to spell it out for you, and after she did, you're still not getting it. It's a strong indicator that her description of you play-arguing all the time is true.

I don't think you were really seeing her for 2 months, dude. I think you have a spaced out view on reality when it comes to many things, the dating scene included. Not trying to be harsh, but you do need some water splashed on your face -- and if her ripping you apart didn't do it and you're still thinking you have a chance, I think responders should be direct and all.

Now, she seems like she could be kind of anal, and I'm sure she's far from perfect. But I have to believe her that you came off as a friend and don't have any (basic) "skill". If you never complimented her looks, never flirted, not even PG-rated PDA (like holding hand), never made a move on her except a few awkward kisses -- you have to reflect upon yourself about whether you even really liked her or not. And to Like someone doesn't mean as a friend -- it means you think about the gal and really dig her. It obviously didn't seem like it, but sounds like you only want her to "not lose". Dodging rejection is what makes you want her back (but it's over dude. LONG gone).

Learn from this -- adjust your game. Don't defend yourself in your own mind. Be your own devil's advocate. Set aside pride and defense. You weren't really seeing her for 2 months. It was a gal you were in contact with for 2 months and at some point started to see but it went awash, as, like she said, you friend-zoned yourself. If you don't know how/why (even though she outlines that generally), learn & read up on women/dating before ya dive into the dating pool again! :)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Girl rips me apart in text saying she's done w/ me. Should I respond or give up?