Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > VolkanoKing here-this forum is effed up      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 26
VolkanoKing here-this forum is effed upPage 2 of 29    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29)
I think there was a mention of computer protocols written in to catch people attempting that. Doesn't seem to catch the people dedicated to being an a-hole, tho. the True Believers are always so persistant.

But gosh and golly, if someone is willing to stand up for what they believe in....its a breath of fresh air compared to wishy-washy posters who can't teach me a darn thing. I don't have to agree with someone to say, "their opinion is worth hearing". If my own narrow views can't stand a simple challenge as a stranger on the Internet....maybe that's a sign my narrow views need to be worked on, or they are flat wrong.

If someone can't stand what they read, so much they have to play games...then bugger off someplace else. There's a million websites on the 'net, surely one sells the pap you believe in. go there, and rejoice in finding like-minds. THAT is a bigger sign of intelligence than playing the Oz man behind the curtain, manipulating the mirror's image.
 ohenryx
Msg: 27
view profile
History
VolkanoKing here-this forum is effed up
Posted: 11/30/2015 12:19:41 PM
Occasionally, late at night, when I am feeling particularly paranoid, I wonder if “the powers that be” are trying to destroy the forums. Whomever they think is interesting, or though provoking, or original – nuke ‘em. Then the place will just die out.

But if that were true, and it was really “the man behind the curtains”, why not just pull the plug? He has never needed excuses, he just does whatever the h*ll he wants, when he wants, with no regards for what anyone else might think.

Witness the 14 year age difference. Witness the totally effed up “Meet Me” feature. Everyone who has ever been on this site, and has half a brain, has suggested to him, “Get rid of Maybe, make the third button say Skip instead”. But has he listened? Nope, to the best of my knowledge, he has never once listened or gave the slightest da*n what anyone thinks about his actions.

On the other hand, he now has $585 million, and I’m still working for a living, so …

gtomustang
I think there was a mention of computer protocols written in to catch people attempting that. Doesn't seem to catch the people dedicated to being an a-hole, tho. the True Believers are always so persistant.

I know, for a fact, they started monitoring IP addresses a few months back. I have been using a VPN at home for about 2 years now, and suddenly I couldn’t log in to the Forums from my home network. Reading the forums from work, I saw where someone else had encountered the same problem, and tracked it back to the use of a VPN. That same night, when I got home, I turned off the VPN and was able to access these forums again.

But at some point in the last couple of months, that problem has gone away. If I forget to turn off the VPN, I can once again access these forums despite having my IP address hidden / obscured.

For those interested, I use and recommend “privateinternetaccess”. Google it.
 youandgo34
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/30/2015 12:38:01 PM
" I knew damned well something suspicious was going on."

_________

Yes. But being fair piano, you are a person who sees bogeyman wherever you look. What would be surprising in your case is if there was something or some event you were not suspicious of, especially if it involves men.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/30/2015 12:43:34 PM
SunKist_Gal: I’m sorry you are being accused of being me. :/ I tried to PM you but can’t get past your restrictions. The “Wensday” troll has another profile she uses on the Off Topic forum and is just butthurt because I blocked her from my inbox.

Just ignore her and the other trolls. They hate that. :D

RedVelvetIcing, I miss your posts and hope you stick around. Especially now that there are only about a dozen posters. It’s around here.
 youandgo34
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/30/2015 12:47:16 PM
Fwiw Henry, I never had an issue accessing the site through a proxy. Now I simply use dynamic ips that are constantly changing so I can create as many profiles I want. If I get nuked, I go on to the next one.

But the threads here are really boring so I barely read them. Anytime a truly interesting thread gets going which generates interest and passion, the players are nuked. You are only allowed to discuss here what is approved by the old, intollerant, myopic women. That's why coupon users gets so much press. Nothing of substance can be discussed.

Face it, when VK and her perpetual narcissistic whining is considered interesting you know the boards have hit rock bottom.

I agree the boards are on the way out, unless access issues are a reflection of attempting to upgrade the technology.
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/30/2015 1:00:24 PM
Carolann, mine too and I think I was hacked and may owe Castlehill an apology. I have been having a time with posts not showing up and then when I complain they show up again. I had a post from Castlehill that was scathing about my relationship with someone with terminal liver cancer. Not a subject I take lightly. I have not seen the message since I posted a reply to her. Now I know it is not me just imagining things. (which is always questionable). ;p

Oh and yes my security is saying I am being redirected.

LePew
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/30/2015 1:13:33 PM

Oh and yes my security is saying I am being redirected.

I think at this point we are all getting this annoying intermittent message.
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/30/2015 1:14:16 PM

Face it, when VK and her perpetual narcissistic whining is considered interesting you know the boards have hit rock bottom.

I will take VK over a troll any day. VK has a point to make other then just being snarky and disruptive.

Le Pew
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/30/2015 1:16:56 PM
Penelope... I have sent you a personal apology and my post was not meant to be scathing to you.
Yes I was 'scathing' to both your and another posters noisy neighbours.

Again I am sorry as I meant no harm and certainly did not intend to cause you grief.
Sorry.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/30/2015 1:16:57 PM

Message #36:
I will take VK over a troll any day. VK has a point to make other then just being snarky and disruptive.

Le Pew

The funny thing is how trolls complain about a boring forum, yet they keep coming back.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/30/2015 1:37:35 PM
Well, youandgo seems to have taken credit for deleting VK in an earlier post. And given his prose style it seems his previous incarnation was as VM.

Apparently they both disappeared at the same time. So I'll bet that if you report someone then you get deleted. Sometimes the person you report gets deleted as well. Looks like he's determined to come in and troll this site, as well as deleting anyone he disagrees with. The only upside for us is that he goes away for a few days when he does it.
 Sweetness_and_Light
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/30/2015 1:56:08 PM
HTDad,

You have the playbook for this place handy?

Can't tell who the players are otherwise.

I wish youandgo was youandwent. Can't stand people who have to tear others down and expect the whole forum to agree with them. Too bad this board software does not have an 'ignore' button....

I like VK's style and her slant on things and wish she would stay but the profile deletions are a hassle. Clooney has had at least 4 nicks in a month it seems. With the changing cast of chars and the intermittent connection issues, you have to really want to be here to put up with the cr@p.

Anyone else have to post really short msgs and then edit them in order to get a post to show up? I posted 'help i cant post' and it posted and then I copied the real post I had saved during the edit. Used to be you could not post short replies....

VeeeeeeeeeeeeeeKaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, don't go!

youandgo34
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/30/2015 2:17:07 PM
Poor VK. She can dish it out but can't take it. She should have been terminated long ago with her mentor. What is possibly interesting about what she says? NOTHING. The most interesting characters have left the premises along with many caught in the crosshairs of the intollerant, angry, bitter and myopic.

Heck I'm not VM and sound nothing like him. He did manage to last far longer than I expected given some of his opinions, much to the consternation of the tight asses here. I was surprised about that.

I see Golden has been terminated. Remember we can all play that game. Nobody is immune. If we could get rid of motown, literate, volkano, nobody is safe here.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/30/2015 2:21:34 PM
Look buddy. If you haven't noticed, nobody agrees with you. You're not winning anyone over.

All you're doing is whining.

edit: Yeah, like Chromis below me says: I am Sparticus. Delete me ya big pvssy coward.
 Chromis1
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2015 2:24:24 PM

If we could get rid of motown, literate, volkano, nobody is safe here.

FU. Then get rid of me. I dare you.
 youandgo34
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/30/2015 2:27:12 PM
I'm not your Buddy. Plenty agree with me...but they have been terminated. Others are to cowed to speak up. Most don't really care..except about their own issues that bring them here.

Whining? Isn't that the specialty of VK? You know.. no eligible males in Los Angeles. Or perhaps you prefer the fantasy stories of male violence on women Ala Literate Hiker?

Chromus.. you're too tough to get rid of. Lol.
 Chromis1
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2015 2:31:21 PM

Chromus.. you're too tough to get rid of. Lol.

I see. And why would that be? (And it's Chromis, not Chromus. Pay attention.)
 AussieNancy
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/30/2015 2:37:26 PM
Welcome back VK.
I always enjoy reading your posts and was sorry when your profile went. I sensed something wasn't right and my suspicion was correct.

I very nearly left this site (as per my thread in Testimonials) but was encouraged to stay. I promised myself I wouldn't enter into any more troll threads but in this case, I'm posting to welcome you back and I hope you stay. xx
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/30/2015 3:25:36 PM

Message #41:
If we could get rid of motown, literate, volkano, nobody is safe here.

Why is it that always those screaming the loudest accusing others, are usually the culprits?

You just outed yourself and admitted that you, and probably your multiple profiles, are part of the deletion crew. Thank you for the confirmation.
 youandgo34
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/30/2015 4:31:30 PM
Yes LLL. I admit to playing a part along with others. I contributed to the motown and volkano nukings. Wish I had done so earlier. It was pitiful to see volkano whining about her nuking after she had done the same to others. We get rid of any suspected tall sightings as soon as he appears. But at least he doesn't whine about it, acknowledging his own culpability working from the shadows. I do not take credit for Lh or the repeated eternity nukings however. Usually I don't waste my time. But got to admit, seeing motown and volkano nuked was good for a hearty laugh, and when hiker was nuked the first time, I laughed outloud..literally. None of these people were innocent. None of them have stood up for others. Everything is always about them. I don't like narcissists. I admit it.
 gtomustang
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/30/2015 4:50:15 PM
you don't like narcs, but you want to make certain everyone knows exactly how you think, every little thing you feel and just how much you accomplish.

Having opposing viewpoints is great. When people wonder why Trump can have so much support, I say, "if you listened to people not like yourself, you'd know how many out there don't have to ignore mysogeny and zenophobia in order to like an unPC leader. a lot of people out there don't have to hold their nose, they like what they hear."

Its good to know the world outside your own. if I was going to invest in a factory, the first people I would talk to are the workers.
 _girl_next_door_
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2015 5:28:26 PM
Holy cow..what's going on in the forums??

Almost impossible to get in, people are being deleted like crazy, and posters are trashing each other. Yikes.... I wish everyone would just play nice. I've been a forum follower and occasional poster for years, and hope that it continues to exist.
 youandgo34
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/30/2015 6:01:24 PM
Mustang, sorry I have 0 idea of what you're talking about. What I do know is that I contributed to having valcano nuked after she threatened me with being a short timer. Poetic justice. For now I will allow volcano to post here under her new profile unless I again determine that justice demands she be terminated. Stay tuned.

And remember, her ID was so old, it took teamwork and effort to terminate her. Now that she has a new profile, heck, I could probably do it all by myself with my extra profiles lying around.
 youandgo34
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/30/2015 6:14:24 PM
the question everybody has to ask themselves is how many nuke squads are there and am i a target? What can I do about it. Who should I align myself with? Is sunshine girl next? Is Sunkist next? So many questions so few answers.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > VolkanoKing here-this forum is effed up