Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > VolkanoKing here-this forum is effed up      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 576
VolkanoKing here-this forum is effed upPage 24 of 29    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29)
If the poems were important to her, good idea to save them..an 8 GB jump drive goes for a few $..
Free storage in Cloud and web- mail?

VVV

Yes, like black onyx..miss the caustic insults and threats and tough-guy posing.?

VVV..
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 577
VolkanoKing here-this forum is effed up
Posted: 2/16/2016 6:27:53 PM
I rather enjoy "this forum" (obviously). Not sure about anyone else, but I'm here out of an insatiable curiosity about people; so the only thing I don't like is when people get deleted. It always seems to be the most interesting people.
 revoskeepnus
Msg: 578
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2016 6:47:07 PM
miss A was notoriously mean for no good reason...
I wrote something about Muslim guys being weird in bed
because he was all wigged out when I sat on his bed with my boots on
and i was like... well, i'm just sitting here, my boots aren't touching the bed.
(got banned til 2014, came back and created fake profile, got banned til 2023)

N e wayz... I did save a lot of poems
but I was preggo at the time, working a lot, and not in my usual saving mode.

I restarted the thread... since she's gone. I mean My friend did who should've saved her stuff
and not talked about Islamic boot phobia...
etc.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 579
Posted: 2/16/2016 9:42:44 PM
The poetry thread was yours.

I wish you all the very best and hope you seek the help you need. God Bless. x

revoskeepnus
Msg: 580
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2016 10:03:23 PM
Yes.. It was mine...
That's my sense of humor. :-D
 kj521
Msg: 581
Posted: 2/17/2016 4:51:32 AM
Ms. Baby.....

Welcome to the new and improved homogonized Pof forums.

Please take your seat. Someone will be along shortly to bring you your script.

Deviations are not welcome nor tolerated.

Thank you for your patience and have a pleasant day. :)
 Chromis1
Msg: 582
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2016 5:15:05 AM

miss A was notoriously mean

Agreed.

for no good reason...

Should read:

for a reason that was no good
 daynadaze
Msg: 583
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2016 9:10:40 AM
I never know when someone has been deleted, or has taken them self down and then come back, or left on their own and changed their name maybe even wanting it to look like they were deleted...who knows what makes people tick. But if some are being deleted by someone with the power to do so, I haven't figured out what trips that trigger.
 8inscrew
Msg: 584
Posted: 2/17/2016 9:27:39 AM
Look at onyx's posting history. It's gone.
If the delete crews "vote" you off, your history stays.
If you self delete, your history stays.
If you are kicked by the mods, your history stays.
If you piss off the big fish..... total nuking.

There never was a mod drop. They just remain silent. Deleting and censoring.
Post # such and such disappears, ect..
They changed their roe to combat the troll who wanted to be a paid mod.
He was declined so he became a nuisance. Trying to shut this down.
Enlisted help. Created groups.

Isn't that right Steve?
 Chromis1
Msg: 585
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2016 12:38:11 PM

He was declined so he became a nuisance. Trying to shut this down.
Enlisted help. Created groups.

Isn't that right Steve?

Is that the sound of a gauntlet hitting the ground?
 crook_catcher
Msg: 586
Posted: 2/17/2016 5:11:03 PM

Look at onyx's posting history. It's gone.

No...it's still there.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 587
Posted: 2/17/2016 6:33:15 PM

Welcome to the new and improved homogonized Pof forums.

Please take your seat. Someone will be along shortly to bring you your script.

Deviations are not welcome nor tolerated.

Hey, thanks! But I think I already know the script:

"Nothing is real until you meet."

"Don't put all your eggs in one basket."

How am I doing? Have I forgotten anything? It's really not that much to work with, but I suppose I could mix it up a bit... Would "Nothing is real until you put it in a basket" get me deleted?
 dragonbytes
Msg: 588
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2016 6:43:30 PM

This allows you to quote a previous post.

There is the wayback machine. It's possible that the thread was recorded there. This is a website that crawls the web and archives threads from the past. Not only POF, but many sites.

Not all data on the web is in the wayback machine, but the thread might be there.

https://archive.org/web/
 revoskeepnus
Msg: 589
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2016 8:52:44 PM
I guess I better he to saving my poems. The big fish didn't have anything to do with it as far as I know. I called miss a an ugly molefaced spinster control freak... Boom. Thread gone.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 590
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2016 11:59:11 PM
my impression is that Miss A is a pimply faced adolescent with strange eyes. May be an old pic.
 gtomustang
Msg: 591
Posted: 2/18/2016 5:57:53 AM
"Hey, thanks! But I think I already know the script: "Nothing is real until you meet." "Don't put all your eggs in one basket." How am I doing? Have I forgotten anything?"

>>>yep. "Why isn't anyone sending me emails?" "All women suck" "Every guy just wants sex" "This place is a joke b/c I can't get a date"
 revoskeepnus
Msg: 592
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2016 7:58:54 AM
don't give your number out so quickly
YOU shouldn't have slept with him so quickly

(miss A was just jealous because she can't write awesome poetry)
 gcdeb
Msg: 593
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2016 6:09:25 PM
So much immature nastiness in this thread. Just remember, we never know what is going on in the other person's life, what they have endured etc. Sometimes nasty words can be the last straw for someone.

Sad to think that some of the people in this thread are actually role models for their children.
 sundownertoo
Msg: 594
Posted: 2/18/2016 9:50:31 PM
People are just venting at what they thought was unjust treatment. That's how THEY feel. And they want validation with those that felt the same.

No, nobody knows what is going on in the other persons life....poster OR mod. But if the mod has shit going on in her/his life, why take it out on the poster , especially with mod powers and then add in ego trips and power trips.

They did a thankless job for a good 60% of the time and just shit the rest...posting hans for 3 years, 5 years, post must have 5000 words. WTF. So yes, at times they were what some of "immature and nasty" folks have said in here.

And one of them doesn't stay away. And if you can't stay away and can't stay away and not try to manipulate others on here....you have big issues.

So lovely Gcdeb, you may have thought she was/is the best person ever, others don't have warm fuzzy feelings at all...and they are allowed to feel that way.
 gcdeb
Msg: 595
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2016 1:11:42 AM
I never mentioned mods. I am only talking about the level of the immature nastiness. Name calling? Really? Attacking someone because of their appearance? What are we, 12?

The fact that the comments in general seem to be a (now) directed to one particular person is nothing to do with my comment. When you have to be nasty to make your point, you lose credibility (not *you* specifically sundowner, I mean anyone).

As for Miss Ali, well I had my share of bans from her. Several of them for what I thought were silly reasons at the time, and then for valid reasons when I kept making the same mistake. But I sucked it up and tried to follow the rules from then on. And I was never friendly enough with her when she was here to know whether she was the best person ever.

And regardless of how annoyed I was with someone, I would NEVER retaliate by attacking their appearance. If I'm ticked off with someone, I might say lazy or obnoxious or rude or nasty but never fat, short, ugly, moley, or anything else to do with their appearance. Because that's immature.

I've watched this thread on and off and waited until now to have my say but I'm done here now :) I really don't expect my comments to have any impact on the people I'm referring to.
 revoskeepnus
Msg: 596
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2016 8:05:10 AM
You might feel differently if a 7 year thread of growth and development through your art was deleted because she was having a bad day...

Good riddens.

Mods that can't separate personal feelings and ego don't need to be mods.

I didnt call her names til she deleted my thread... And I reasoned with her as much as possible. I'm a great role model for my children. Online is online... Not real life.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 597
Posted: 2/19/2016 5:43:39 PM

You might feel differently if a 7 year thread of growth and development through your art was deleted because she was having a bad day...

I called miss a an ugly molefaced spinster control freak... Boom. Thread gone.

I wouldn't put the deletion of your thread down to "having a bad day." I remember bits and pieces of your thread. Not only do you admit here that you shouldn't have bashed Islam, but you bashed the Mods as well.

Sometimes nasty words can be the last straw for someone.

Agreed, gcdeb.

No, nobody knows what is going on in the other persons life....poster OR mod. But if the mod has shit going on in her/his life, why take it out on the poster

....same can be said vice versa. If a poster has shit going on, why take it out on the Mods?
Yes, sundowner, they sure did have a thankless job. Not even Markus thanked them. Have you ever read the POF Moderator bashing sites? OMG. Filled with bitter ex members getting pissed off for being chastised for breaking the rules. Trapped used to tell me the personal hate messages he received at times was, like the above site, enough to make your nose bleed.

Although Markus rarely thanked them, they still had to adhere strictly to the site rules as Markus set out. Did they always agree with the rules and certain site changes? Not necessarily, no, but it was their job to forum moderate all the same. Did they get chastised on occasions from Markus / Admin? Yes they did actually.

So you see, they copped it from both sides. I could never be a mod if my life depended on it.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 598
Posted: 2/19/2016 6:21:25 PM
I am sad that grown ass people attack appearance. If you too damn dumb to save your poems don't fault a Mod.
And no, it isn't just the Net. Words hurt.
And darling who posted the moley face comment.. really>
Glass houses and all
 Aprilikesrosasblancas
Msg: 599
Posted: 2/19/2016 7:01:50 PM

And no, it isn't just the Net. Words hurt.

Get banned for no apparent reason, hurt too.!!

I wrote something about Muslim guys being weird in bed because he was all wigged out when I sat on his bed with my boots on
and i was like... well, i'm just sitting here, my boots aren't touching the bed.
(got banned til 2014, came back and created fake profile, got banned til 2023)

I am sorry about that, I know how you feel.

I think that former mod, had (as you see) many "friends" on the forums who made her feel superior, maybe that's why she abused the power that was given to her.

P.S
Have a good wish for her then just forget about her.!
 kj521
Msg: 600
Posted: 2/19/2016 7:07:11 PM
"P.S
Have a good wish for her then just forget about her.!"

Excellent advice, April!

Cause....."Online is online... Not real life.".....right? :D
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > VolkanoKing here-this forum is effed up