Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > VolkanoKing here-this forum is effed up      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AussieNancy
Msg: 597
VolkanoKing here-this forum is effed upPage 25 of 29    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29)

You might feel differently if a 7 year thread of growth and development through your art was deleted because she was having a bad day...

I called miss a an ugly molefaced spinster control freak... Boom. Thread gone.

I wouldn't put the deletion of your thread down to "having a bad day." I remember bits and pieces of your thread. Not only do you admit here that you shouldn't have bashed Islam, but you bashed the Mods as well.

Sometimes nasty words can be the last straw for someone.

Agreed, gcdeb.

No, nobody knows what is going on in the other persons life....poster OR mod. But if the mod has shit going on in her/his life, why take it out on the poster

....same can be said vice versa. If a poster has shit going on, why take it out on the Mods?
Yes, sundowner, they sure did have a thankless job. Not even Markus thanked them. Have you ever read the POF Moderator bashing sites? OMG. Filled with bitter ex members getting pissed off for being chastised for breaking the rules. Trapped used to tell me the personal hate messages he received at times was, like the above site, enough to make your nose bleed.

Although Markus rarely thanked them, they still had to adhere strictly to the site rules as Markus set out. Did they always agree with the rules and certain site changes? Not necessarily, no, but it was their job to forum moderate all the same. Did they get chastised on occasions from Markus / Admin? Yes they did actually.

So you see, they copped it from both sides. I could never be a mod if my life depended on it.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 598
VolkanoKing here-this forum is effed up
Posted: 2/19/2016 6:21:25 PM
I am sad that grown ass people attack appearance. If you too damn dumb to save your poems don't fault a Mod.
And no, it isn't just the Net. Words hurt.
And darling who posted the moley face comment.. really>
Glass houses and all
 Aprilikesrosasblancas
Msg: 599
Posted: 2/19/2016 7:01:50 PM

And no, it isn't just the Net. Words hurt.

Get banned for no apparent reason, hurt too.!!

I wrote something about Muslim guys being weird in bed because he was all wigged out when I sat on his bed with my boots on
and i was like... well, i'm just sitting here, my boots aren't touching the bed.
(got banned til 2014, came back and created fake profile, got banned til 2023)

I am sorry about that, I know how you feel.

I think that former mod, had (as you see) many "friends" on the forums who made her feel superior, maybe that's why she abused the power that was given to her.

P.S
Have a good wish for her then just forget about her.!
 kj521
Msg: 600
Posted: 2/19/2016 7:07:11 PM
"P.S
Have a good wish for her then just forget about her.!"

Excellent advice, April!

Cause....."Online is online... Not real life.".....right? :D
 revoskeepnus
Msg: 601
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2016 7:23:25 PM
Well I felt safe enough to hide here...

And leave my poems.

After seven years of morbid thoughts...

The world is just too sensitive

She deleted my thread as punishment because I created a new profile. She did it for meanness.. Her moles never got mentioned til after the fact... Then she blocked my messages.
But whatever... A well wish for all the cruel people in the world that like to tear down peoples memories.
May they remain sterile so as not to teach others their ways.
 Aprilikesrosasblancas
Msg: 602
Posted: 2/19/2016 7:25:38 PM

Cause....."Online is online... Not real life.".....right? :D

I agree with that statement Kj521, but for many people is all they have and see online as real life, so we have to be careful about what we say or/ do... (if someone is Mod)
For example some people can't work or can't have social life / or/go out to have fun for some reason, and online is their only way of entertainment.
 christiangaltoo
Msg: 603
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2016 10:59:48 PM
I rarely post, but I did once about three years ago. I had read the forums for awhile and saw some patterns by some of the posters. I decided to post anyway and "girded my loins" haha for what was to come.

What I found was women totally ignoring my point, dissecting what I wrote and commenting on what they thought "was really going on"!! One ignored my post completely and wrote how women are wronged, one wrote about four paragraphs saying I must be insecure, blah, blah, blah, even went on to call me a name, ha!! There were conversations amongst people, like flirting, side convos, etc.. One gentlemen continued his usual "poor me" tirade and ended up taking over the whole thread. The thread was deleted :(

While a few men can be down right nasty, and you spot them right away, the women were ridiculous in the way they went off topic, told me how "I really must be feeling", use peoples threads to converse and flirt with the men and pretty much patronized me. It was really strange. I don't mind differing opinions, that is why you post, so you can hear what people have to say, but to have people say "oh you just don't like my opinion", no, it's the way you said it and it's not even on topic!! In conclusion, I can see why some people feel the way they do about previous posters, it's quite obvious to "outsiders".
 halcyonskies
Msg: 608
Posted: 7/4/2016 2:21:51 AM
Women going off topic???

Really?

REALLY?

Gee those are pretty flowers.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 609
Bite your tongue.. er, fingers... er......
Posted: 7/4/2016 5:02:49 AM
Keep the thread alive in memory of our departed brethren.

We light a candle and remember their strong feminist leanings and scorn of men.

Live along and prosper.

I'll continue to have 3 date sex in the PoF tradition, but I will pay!

Hey kid, rock and roll
Rock on, ooh, my soul
Hey kid, boogey too, did ya

Hey shout, summertime blues
Jump up and down in my blue suede shoes
Hey kid, rock and roll, rock on
 selette_jade
Msg: 612
Posted: 7/4/2016 5:11:22 AM
So much alcohol, so little intelligence.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 613
Posted: 7/4/2016 5:44:20 AM
My eyes are burning and I cut my foot.

Somebody help...
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 614
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2016 5:50:52 AM
It's "the smoke" Clooney, and a band-aid will help!

LOL I'm goin' off topic here, (page 29 ? Wow!)

To all in the US ofA, Happy Independence Day!
And to everyone else, have a great 4th of July!
 gtomustang
Msg: 615
small smoke
Posted: 7/4/2016 6:55:14 AM
lost his toes? what was he smokin'?

Thanks, LiR, you too. Ran around on the weekend, relaxing today, hope everyone else gets good weather for their parties/events. wonder what VK's been up to lately.
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 616
Posted: 7/4/2016 9:17:47 AM
There seems to have been another significant deactivation of forumites in the last month or two. For example, Inner Gorilla is gone again. On some recently created threads, posts by people who have since been deactivated outnumber posts by active users.
 gtomustang
Msg: 617
VolkanoKing not here, but the forum's still the same. so what does that say about us? :)
Posted: 7/4/2016 11:20:57 AM
maybe that's how POF claims to be so large--it counts people in the forums, so it counts all de-act members four or five times. meanwhile, took a friend out yesterday b/c she felt like she wasn't doing a thing for the holiday, had no plan, yet ran into a beachtown sponsoring an arts and craft thing that gave me ideas. I love when you have an activity pal who seems to be a good luck charm like that, and you inevitably find something fun to do by just going to someplace. Beats the opposite end of the spectrum, going on a first date and wondering WTF you're going to find to do.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > VolkanoKing here-this forum is effed up