Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > POF Forums Hall of Fame      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _babblefish
Msg: 51
POF Forums Hall of Fame - [b]It's Back[/b]Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
^ oh look, the bigot bi*ch stopped licking her mirror long enough to type.. anything... just for attention, how vial (sic)

POF Forums Hall of Fame - It's Back

que ?
 toocash
Msg: 52
POF Forums Hall of Fame - [b]It's Back[/b]
Posted: 12/9/2017 10:43:47 AM

oh look, the bigot bi*ch stopped licking her mirror long enough to type.. anything... just for attention

and you my dear.... quantify everything that is wrong with the people on this board.
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 53
POF Forums Hall of Fame So many New Nominees and Categories!
Posted: 12/9/2017 10:45:34 AM
Yes my love and also I have declared I have no alias.
I have had previous profiles (dropped when I wasn't on the site due to being in a relationship and once for deletion) However, at no time have I had two profiles at a time which would be an "alias"
Even after reading the definition he still did not understand it.
Someone is projecting again.
Is it "Irish" or is it "Lickher" only his anger management therapist knows for sure!
 Walts
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/9/2017 11:05:39 AM

Mr. Spy has already made a public declaration as to the one who holds his heart! Try to keep up!

I could walk backwards, with a belly full of whiskey and I would still have look behind me to see you, and your merry band of phucktards.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 55
Posted: 12/9/2017 11:06:25 AM

However, at no time have I had two profiles at a time

ya do now, eh "kinkster"..........and that Pic, Good gawd man.....was that before or after you banged your inflata-doll

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 56
Posted: 12/9/2017 12:26:20 PM

ya do now, eh "kinkster"..........and that Pic, Good gawd man.....was that before or after you banged your inflata-doll

Are you having a stroke "lickher"?

Hey Kj did you turn down Old Walts romantic advances somewhere along the way?
Is that why he hates you so?
The man is obsessed.
Be careful journeying to BC.
He does look a little like Robert Pickton.
But on a more positive note he is inching closer to induction!
 Kj521
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/9/2017 1:41:37 PM
"Hey Kj did you turn down Old Walts romantic advances somewhere along the way?"

Lmao! No! No! No! :)))

But I am seeing quite a match made in...well...I was gonna say Heaven...but Hell....might be more appropriate in this case.

Ms. Babble & Walts? Hmmm??

A cup of shared bitterness to fill and meld your cold hearts? ;) ;)

Oooh! Maybe you two could sing a Christmas duet! How about....Baby It's cold outside!

We'd all love to hear the old crotchety version!!! :D
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/9/2017 1:50:43 PM
Oh My God... Kj you have done it so beautifully again.
You may be the first two time inductee for that one.
It is curious isn't it the hate that a few of these liberals spew when confronted with facts.
Only one question left... Is that song available on iTunes?
 _babblefish
Msg: 59
Posted: 12/9/2017 2:01:54 PM

"Hey Kj did you turn down Old Walts romantic advances somewhere along the way?"

Lmao! No! No! No! :)))

But I am seeing quite a match made in...well...I was gonna say Heaven...but Hell....might be more appropriate in this case.

Ms. Babble & Walts? Hmmm??

A cup of shared bitterness to fill and meld your cold hearts? ;) ;)

Oooh! Maybe you two could sing a Christmas duet! How about....Baby It's cold outside!

We'd all love to hear the old crotchety version!!! :D

speaking of age..... lolz, maybe a pearl necklace or some retinol cream from santa could help with that florida sun
crepe-ness between you sagging tits...

i'll be back another time to comment on your "soy boy" passive aggressive homophobic slur, like i said,
you and dee should have been spayed on first heat
 Kj521
Msg: 60
Posted: 12/9/2017 3:48:10 PM
Ms. Babble....you might want to add some soy to your diet. Might help your urge to pour over pics my breasts!

I feel so violated! :/

John252817
Msg: 61
Posted: 12/9/2017 6:06:10 PM
" and I would still have look behind me to see you"

^^^^^^ Walts, is that whiskey language you talk?....YIKES!!!! I think you and babble should get together. She talks about others who have pictures on here while she hides hers.....YIKES!!!! Thank you babble for not showing your face, we are blessed for that.
 Seki1949
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2017 10:09:19 PM
Literate Hiker, no-one even close. And I wasn't a hater so much as a head-shaker.
 Jo van
Msg: 63
Posted: 12/11/2017 5:05:29 AM
I think this post is "right up there":

What I would be utterly ashamed of is being a member of the party that believes in meritocracy.

It comes as no surprise to me.
- But it's still quite an admission....
Kudos for honesty.
 gtomustang
Msg: 64
POF Forums Hall of Flame - (B)itch is Back
Posted: 12/11/2017 5:53:44 AM
"GTO, you list yourself as a "Christian - other". Does that mean you're not a Christian or part Christian? "

>>>I've asked before, if anyone can point to the place in the New Testament where Jesus asks His followers to give up on His Father's religion, to follow a religion in His name instead of Judaism. Seems like Jesus' goal was merely pointing out what Jews were doing wrong in their practice, not trying to tell them to give up their religion for a new one.

Do I fear Muslims enforcing one true religion upon others? of course not, that's silly. There are radical "Muslims" who wish to do so, but of course in this country, there are radical "Christians" (note the quotes) who wish to impose their view of their religion upon the country. and they even try to claim the agnostic Founding Fathers wished it to happen. No wonder they fear this phantom menace, they know how dedicated they are, so they figure others are as willing to do any thing to accomplish their goals.

"Do YOU know any Christians that believe any of the anti-Christian BS you post on this forum? (I'm not referring to the ones knocking on doors and preaching Jesus.)"

>>>Golly, you answered your own question in your question, why bother to ask it? :) Of course there are people who question their own religion, where do you think Protestants get their name? so funny. like the time I quoted a source and you pretended not to notice so you could avoid its proof.

Gee, I got recognized by Doublebubble! i'm so....underwhelmed. is there at least a prize or some free banquet awards meal with this thing?

"Hollywood leftists couldn't right this any better"

>>>you mean, "write"? or was that an attempt at a pun?
 whosmeow
Msg: 65
Posted: 12/11/2017 6:07:59 AM
Personally I miss the banter between a group of posters no longer here, the link to the poetry forums, and my favorite thread of all time "Does God Exist?". I truly enjoyed reading and learning through my own "googling" about the many quality subjects once posted in the science forum.

Thanks to Jo Van and many others for their persistence, even if I did not agree.
 toocash
Msg: 66
Posted: 12/11/2017 6:40:25 AM
Agree...does God exist great thread. I participated significantly in that thread. Good ideas all the way around..pro and con.
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 67
POF Forums Hall of Flame - More Wings Coming!
Posted: 12/11/2017 12:23:36 PM
So many questions...

Uncle Fester, If you question Christianity then why aren't you Jewish?
To list yourself as Christian implies that you believe Jesus is the Christ/Messiah.
How can you list yourself as Christian than deny Christianity should even exist?
Is that to deceive women?

Also Fester which of the Founding Fathers of the US were agnostic?
In fact they were all born Christian. Some were later deists but deists are not agnostics.
How did "too", "participated significantly in that thread" (does God exist) when the last post in that thread was in 2010 a full 7 years ago.
That means that too who is now 22 would have been 15 and younger?
Is there not an age limit of 18 on POF?
Obviously someone is lying about there age.
So why is a 50 year old man trying to pick up 20 year olds on POF?

I think we need a couple new wings;
"Fake Profile" and Perv.

Merry Christmas
 toocash
Msg: 68
Posted: 12/11/2017 12:32:06 PM
Seven years ago? Can't be. I remember that thread like it was yesterday...still I guess I am just a very bright 15 year old :-)

And don't be so hard on yourself Double.... you ain't the brightest in the deck...but heck compared to my good friend Flick, you are a blathering Genius. :-)
 gtomustang
Msg: 69
Posted: 12/11/2017 3:25:45 PM
"If you question Christianity, then why aren't you Jewish?"

>>So, Protestants and Orthodox are Jewish, b/c they question the Roman Catholics' leadership. Oh well, what else should be expected, but a demand that all things must be in black and white, no questioning the existence of grey area (typically shows a lack of grey material).

"is that to deceive women?"

>>oh, yeah, right, that must be the purpose *snort*. Libs must be entirely bad, there can be no good.

"which of the Founding Fathers were agnostic? They were all born Christian"

>>>and yet, some changed their minds. Sometimes they did it more than once in their lives. It must be a miracle! :)

http://www.skeptically.org/thinkersonreligion/id9.html

But it is Christmas, and so in the spirit of giving, yes, let's use the term "Deists". It was a popular theory at the time, and what politician doesn't apply themselves to popular opinions at their time of election? :)

https://www.britannica.com/topic/The-Founding-Fathers-Deism-and-Christianity-1272214

The best way to spread a new form of government throughout the 13 colonies, was to use the Church's pulpit on Sunday. Claiming to be a government of atheists, probably wasn't going to convince a local pastor to sell the idea of dying to overthrow the British, much less replacing the Articles of Confederation created by the Continental Congress as America's actual first government, headquartered in Philadelphia before taking over a swamp in D.C., to accept the new Constitution.

not that the Founding Fathers would act like politicians and use anything to their advantage to get out their message :) Only modern politicians would stoop so low.
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 70
Posted: 12/11/2017 3:58:22 PM
Read your statement.

I've asked before, if anyone can point to the place in the New Testament where Jesus asks His followers to give up on His Father's religion, to follow a religion in His name instead of Judaism. Seems like Jesus' goal was merely pointing out what Jews were doing wrong in their practice, not trying to tell them to give up their religion for a new one.

Quite frankly I really don't care what your beliefs are but when you make a statement such as yours it raises flags especially when you then skewer historical fact.
Similar to "too" claiming to have 30 years experience yet he lists his age as 22?

So if you don't consider Christianity to be valid because Jesus did not emphatically state that he was forming a new religion and since Christianity evolved out of Judaism similar to Protestantism evolving out of the Catholicism then why list yourself as Christian?
What Orthodox are you speaking of?
Orthodox Jews or Eastern Orthodox?
Because one is Judaism and the other is Christian?

Your statement implies there is no basis for Christianity?
So if you imply no logical basis for Christianity why self identify as a Christian?
Are you appropriating the Christian faith?
I didn't say libs were "entirely bad", do you have a guilty conscience?
There are many people of faith and religion who also identify as liberal.
One does not have to deny the other as you seem to imply.
I simply don't understand why someone would question the most basic tenet of a faith and turn around and identify them self as a believer in the faith they just denied?
Curious?

Byt the way there are many instances in the bible of Jesus proclaiming his divinity and also his church;

Matthew 16:13-20 ~ St. Peter's Profession of the Christ and Jesus Proclaims the Founding of His Church
13 When Jesus went into the region of Caesarea Philippi he asked his disciples, "Who do people say that the Son of Man is?" 14 They replied, "Some say John the Baptist, others Elijah, still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets." 15 He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" 16 Simon Peter said in reply, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God." 17 Jesus said to him in reply, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father. 18 And so I say to you, you are Peter [Petros], and upon this rock [petra] I will build my Church [ekklesia], and the gates of the netherworld [Hades] shall not prevail against it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."
This is the basis for the Christian church.
Whether you or anyone chooses to believe and follow is a matter of personal choice.

The US Founding Fathers were all God fearing hence all the references to God in the original documents founding the USA.
But 2 minutes of research will reveal that.

"When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed."

History Rules!
 whosmeow
Msg: 71
Posted: 12/11/2017 4:48:23 PM
Someone got called out for a misleading profile... how bout' them apples? Just another day on the net. Would love to know what your user name was back then. It really was that long ago.

Considering most of the signers of our Declaration of Independence held seminary degree's, I would say the majority were Christian men. However in these here forums that's always a horse of a different color.
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2017 5:27:34 PM
"There is a belief abroad in many conservative circles that the U.S. is “a Christian nation”. This belief is found in perhaps its most extreme form in the Mormon doctrine that the Constitution of the United States is a divinely inspired document. Less extreme versions hold that Christian piety was an shaping influence on the thinking and writing of the Founding Fathers, and Christianity therefore has (or ought to have) a privileged position in the political and cultural life of the U.S.

The Mormon doctrine is unfalsifiable. But claims about the beliefs and intentions of the Founding Fathers are not, and the record is clear: they explicitly rejected the establishment of Christianity as the preferred or natural religion of their infant nation.

This is implied by the part of the First Amendment that has come to be known as the “Establishment clause”:

Congress shall make NO law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

Article 6 contains this language:

“The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.”

These are the only mentions of religion in the Constitution, which is otherwise completely devoid of religious terminology or references. The point is made much more explicit in the 1796 Treaty of Tripoli, which states:

[T]he Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion

Religious conservatives are fond of replying by pointing excitedly at the references to “Nature’s God”, “Divine Providence”, and the “Creator” in the Declaration of Independence. Let’s look at these in full:

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights;

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.

These phrasings do, at first blush, sound rather like Christian piety. But in interpreting them, we need to bear in mind several other quotes by Thomas Jefferson, the author of the Declaration of Independence.

(1787) Question with boldness even the existence of a God;

(1787) I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming feature.

(1800) [The clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly: for I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man”

(1814) In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own.

(1823) The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus by the Supreme Being as his father, in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter.

It is very clear from these that Jefferson was hostile to Christianity and to religious authority in general. However, that phrase “on the altar of God” rings oddly with the rest. Of what “God”, if not the Christian one, was Jefferson speaking?

The answer to this question — which also explains the references in the Declaration of Independence — is that Jefferson, like many intellectuals of his time, was a Deist. The “Creator” and “Nature’s God” in the Declaration of Independence, and the God of Jefferson’s altar, is not the intervening Christian God but the God of Deism.

Deism was an early attempt to reconcile the mechanistic world-view arising from experimental science with religion. Deists believed in a remote sort of clockmaker-God who created the universe but then refrained from meddling in it afterwards. Deists explicitly rejected faith, revelation, religious doctrine, religious authority, and all existing religions. They held that humans could know the mind of God only through the study of nature; in many versions of Deist thinking, the mind of God was explicitly identified with the laws of nature.

Thus “the Laws of Nature and Nature’s God”; in Deist thought these concepts blurred together. The phrase “endowed by their Creator” could be rendered accurately as “endowed by Nature”. In modern terms, this is an entirely naturalistic account of human rights.

Jefferson was not an exception and he was not pulling a textual fast one on the other signers. The summary of Deism here observes “Many of the leaders of the French and American revolutions followed this belief system, including John Quincy Adams, Ethan Allen, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, Thomas Paine, and George Washington.” Many direct quotes from these Founders substantiate this claim.

At its height, Deist thought influenced and was influenced by the theology and practices of liberal Protestant sects, especially those of the more individualist kind and most especially the Quakers (a very large and influential faction during the Revolutionary period). Thus, even though some of the Founding Fathers were not explicitly Deist, all found Deist language in the Declaration acceptable.

“Divine Providence” is a Christian Protestant term of art, not really a Deist one. But it could be read in a Deist way, as the essentially mechanical unfolding of the clockmaker-God’s design, and often was at the time. Benjamin Franklin, a leading Deist who imitated Quaker customs and dress, would have found it appealing.

It is also relevant that many of the Founders were Freemasons. The “Great Architect” God of Masonry is more readily identifiable with the Deist clockmaker-God than with Jehovah or Allah or any conventional intervening deity. In fact, it is arguable that Masonic theology is essentially a fossil relic of 18th-century Deism. In period, not only were most of the signers of the Declaration and framers of the Constitution Masons, but most of the Committees of Correspondence (the communications and propaganda apparatus of the Revolution) were attached to Masonic lodges. This connection, despite having given impetus to a great deal of paranoid conspiracy literature, remains rather important for understanding the Founders’ “God”.

Jefferson’s “altar of God” quote and the references in the Declaration of Independence are easy to misconstrue today because Deism did not long outlive the Founding Fathers. In their time it functioned as a sort of halfway house for intellectuals who rejected traditional religion but were unwilling to declare themselves atheists or agnostics. As the social risk of taking these positions decreased, Deism waned.

Deism’s detached clockmaker-God had even less appeal to the less intellectual, and was swamped by a wave of Christian revivalism (the so-called “Second Great Awakening”) in the early 1800s.

Later generations, ignorant of Deism, mistakenly interpreted the references we’ve been discussing as evidence of Christian piety. But this is what they were explicitly not; the quotes from Jefferson above show that he was violently anti-clerical, and most of his colleagues professed Deism precisely because they agreed with him in regarding Christianity as a vulgar and bloody superstition. Their confident predictions that it would wither away before the Enlightenment were, unfortunately, not to be fulfilled."
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 73
Posted: 12/11/2017 5:52:09 PM
Who said anything about Christianity?
The US Founding fathers did not mention anything about Christianity nor any other religion.
However they do clearly mention God and Creator.
God is not a religion God is a concept of faith.
In fact the monotheistic concept of God unites the three religions Judaism, Christianity and Islam.
One God spurned three religions.

As for Free Masonry, at the time of the founding of the Unites States Freemasonry and Christianity were synonymous with each other. Christians did not flee Masonry and paganism did not enter into the Lodge until well into the 1800's.
And only a small portion of the FF were Masons.

But none of this answers the question;
Why Identify as something that you decry?
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2017 5:56:46 PM
I have a nomination for the hall of flame:

"Who said anything about Christianity?"

From two posts earlier:

"Considering most of the signers of our Declaration of Independence held seminary degree's, I would say the majority were Christian men."
 toocash
Msg: 75
Posted: 12/11/2017 6:02:57 PM
Whoismeow..i was recently tablata...i have had numerous profiles all chosen randomly these last year's, including cities, ages, etc. I have what you call throw away profiles. I've needed them in the past. I've come and gone over the years. Couldn't tell you who I was in the God thread...it went on for so long probably had several profiles posting there. Why so many profiles? Some people didn't like me so worked to remove me. I decided throw away profiles were easy to create and not a big deal if lost. I don't date so my profile not a big deal.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > POF Forums Hall of Fame