Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Weirest/Lamest or Craziest Excuse      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mber
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Weirest/Lamest or Craziest ExcusePage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
NOTE: This took place in the pre-Internet days of 1993.

An ex-friend of mine (not an ex-friend at the time) wanted to introduce me to a guy, and - unfortunately - said ex-friend blabbed out my address to this guy.

Turns out the guy wanted to see where I live and drove by my place earlier in the day - right around the time I was cutting the grass. Typically, when I'm doing housework or yardwork, I will wear a T-shirt and a pair of track pants that have seen better days ... and he happened to see me - in this very type of ensemble - while cutting the grass.

As I was getting ready to dress up for this date (and meet him in a public place, BTW), he called me to cancel. The reason? He admitted that he drove by, saw what I looked like, and said that I wasn't good-looking enough to be seen with him in public ... based on what I was wearing at the time. What nerve!

Looking back on this, I'd now like to think that I dodged a MAJOR bullet and am very glad that I never met that idiot!

... Mber
 Debisue64
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Weirest/Lamest or Craziest Excuse
Posted: 12/18/2015 12:47:09 PM
Last guy cancelled because he had shingles. But seemingly... stayed logged in on this site non stop for days..... never to contact me again.
 Chromis1
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2015 1:38:08 PM
I called five days in advance to ask for a date and was told "no, sorry, I can't go, my neighbor's cat is sick".
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/18/2015 1:56:14 PM
A lame raincheck text this morning.

I had a great time last night Steve but I woke up with a cold. Can I take a raincheck?

You sure can sweety and I hope you get well soon.

You can also wait for me to ask you out again...
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2015 5:39:01 PM
castlehillsmile

that one beggars belief. A second date? you didn't even have a first!! Come to your house for sex? What the...
You should have told him to retrieve his wallet and go downtown and pay for it.
 RR Man
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2015 5:44:29 PM

Just kind of curious what some of the Craziest or Worse Excuse you have had from someone who decided to postpone or cancel a meeting.

There was this one lady I had high hopes for, based on our phone conversations. The day we were supposed to meet, she sent me an email saying she had to go to the police station to see about finding some guy who'd been harassing on line. After that, she wouldn't answer my emails or answer the phone.
 kj521
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/18/2015 5:53:17 PM
^^^^^LMAO!!!

I hope it was meant to be funny. :/
 NJgirl116
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/18/2015 5:56:45 PM
Clooney, so what's the proper way to cancel a date if you're sick? Oh, I just remembered what I did once-sent my manager a selfie of my red nose and sick face. Also helps to call and let them hear your lack of voice.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 34
Posted: 12/18/2015 6:25:01 PM
Getting sick is awful. Sh!t happens.

A counter offer is more politically correct.

I woke up with a cold. I'd like to see you again. I'll contact you once I'm feeling better.

I must be..high maintenance, huh?

If I woke up with a cold and liked a gal, I would have made it clear I wanted to see her again once I felt better.

I haven't exactly written her off either. I'm just not going to contact her again.

The whole raincheck thingy is about as blaise and lukewarm as they come.

Never a good sign either when they show up with dating PTSD either.

Like I'm supposed to prove to that I'm not like the dudes before me. Not...
 NJgirl116
Msg: 35
Posted: 12/18/2015 6:32:13 PM
No, I hear you. Show some interest regardless. Lol at dating ptsd.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Weirest/Lamest or Craziest Excuse