Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Your Biggest Turn-offs?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Aggers
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Your Biggest Turn-offs?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Personally, I am staggered that no-one else feels the same way as me, or will not admit it? The same old, same old poor quality profiles again and again! I am a member of multiple dating sites/social media, some free, most paying. But I only want one partner and I believe I will find her just by going around my daily business and them finding my qualities second to none! But a dating site is a coefficient to allow others to find fault and dismiss you, when in fact there is none! Too much paralysis, by analysis. Simple fact, if you don't meet society's ordained standards, nobody will give you the chance? Markus wanted this site to be "all about relationships" it is the polar opposite. There are many other channels available but PoF is extremely shabby, now - the good ole days long gone, IMHO!
 KadeJones101
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Your Biggest Turn-offs?
Posted: 12/22/2015 8:22:55 PM

Personally, I am staggered that no-one else feels the same way as me, or will not admit it? The same old, same old poor quality profiles again and again!

Heartily agree - most profiles are very 'same-ey' and i look out for a little more humor/intelligence/personality.

My turn offs (not yet mentioned):

1. Women who say "hi" or "hey hon" and have nothing on their profile to talk about apart from they're wearing a pink hat at a hen do in one of their pictures. I wouldn't mind, but there's plenty to ask about on my profile.
2. Women who describe themselves as "bubbly" but have nothing but miserable pictures.
3. "prefer not to say" for 'Do you have a car'... wtf? (more common than i would have guessed).
4. When they say "I'm past my nightclubbing days and looking to settle down" - just says they used to sleep around a lot to me.
5. "Only date black/white/asian men" - put it in your headline, not at the end of your write-up!!
6. "My kids are my world"... yes, we know. They're supposed to be and we expect it.
7. Women who have profile pictures with their grown up daughters... Reminders of how things used to be?
8. Women who bemoan all the unwanted contacts for sex but have pictures of themselves in underwear showing a foot of cleavage.
9. A love of TV. (Just a personal thing).
10. "Like to travel at least 3 times a year" - Can't afford you, love and I'm not retired.
10(a). 'Read/Deleted' :-)
 BoardGamerGeek
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Your Biggest Turn-offs?
Posted: 12/23/2015 4:06:55 AM
My profile already has several turn-off's that I know women hate:

(1) Doesn't Want Kids / Prefer Not To Say - same thing, but for 99% of women, having kids is apparently for some odd reason the "be all or end all" of life.
(2) Geek / Geeky Passionate Interest - yep we geeks don't get much attention unless it's from another geek and that's a rare thing to find on POF or in general.
(3) Accountant - even though it pays well which usually isn't a turn-off for ladies, it's still a boring job title to be associate with given the stereotype.
(4) Looks - well I'm working on that, hard at the gym and dieting over Xmas, doing my best to look more lean and athletic to make up for not being over 6 foot tall as ladies love tall men. As for the photos, not a lot get taken of me and I don't come out well as you can see, short of doing a professional shoot which I know is a bit of a no-no on profiles, I can't do much about that.

Other than the looks front I wouldn't change any of the above though. My job allows me to enjoy life outside of it, not wanting kids means I'll have a low stress existence for life and my interests are my interests. I still love country walks, travelling, movies/theatre as much as the next person and my geeky interests involve getting out and being sociable on a regular basis.
 mrec2370
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Your Biggest Turn-offs?
Posted: 12/23/2015 5:28:32 AM
Corpulent women makes me want to puke
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Your Biggest Turn-offs?
Posted: 12/23/2015 8:43:35 AM
That's more like the Wrec I know.
 Jo van
Msg: 21
Your Biggest Turn-offs?
Posted: 12/23/2015 11:55:54 AM
In the spirit of numbered lists, here's mine:

1/. Ladies who lounge in lugubrious leggings,
2/. Scammers who bug me with stories and begging.
3/. The snobs and the nobs, and the terribly posh,
4/. These are a few of my biggest turn-offs.

5/. Rude people, racists, the terribly dressy,
6/. Posing in mirrors, with backgrounds all messy,
7/. Toothless, fat lasses with terrible coughs,
8/. These are a few of my biggest turn-offs.

9/. Ladies who lunch then don't offer to pay-up
10/. Late promised phone-calls, that just make you stay-up,
11/. The Germans' all liking a singer called 'Hoff'.
12/. These are a few of my biggest turn-offs.

13/. If I'm lonely.... or got 'blue-balls',
14/. Desperate for a shag...
15/. I simply remember my biggest turn-offs,
16/. and then I don't miss.... the-old baaaaag..

Merry Mythmas to all our reader!
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 22
Your Biggest Turn-offs?
Posted: 1/6/2016 11:09:38 AM
Has anyone else noticed the vast amount of (usually overweight) women
who list 'carer' as a profession?
It used to be 'barista' a few years back, but I guess they got sacked....
Not struck on size 20 somethings that put 'average' on the body size bit...
average for where? Houston?
I love the car and the kids bit with the refusal to answer....
it's all good for a fast swerve.......

b_0E
Msg: 23
Your Biggest Turn-offs?
Posted: 1/10/2016 4:46:45 AM
-Duck face
-Startled duck face
-Signs of being self-obsessed
-Signs of being materialistic
-Ridiculous tattoos
 mrec2370
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Your Biggest Turn-offs?
Posted: 2/29/2016 8:11:58 AM
women that don't do as told
 6jellybeans
Msg: 25
Your Biggest Turn-offs?
Posted: 3/1/2016 3:18:31 AM
Wow.

Seems guys have more turn offs than the gals...
 mrec2370
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Your Biggest Turn-offs?
Posted: 3/1/2016 9:24:08 AM
"Online-dating has encouraged many to search for perfection (the sweet shop syndrome).....
alas, this is as unlikely to be found in others as it is in ourselves!"

Very true a bit like the "hotel California" song stuck in dating sites
 Aggers
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Your Biggest Turn-offs?
Posted: 3/2/2016 6:36:58 PM
I have hidden my profile and am taking a break!!!! The profiles in my parameters are so poor quality - and am just not getting any contact or replies, even after my length of service on here.

In the old days you could even randomly message some of the ladies who posted in the forums, to have a noggin, but most of them who post regularly now, have got restrictions on there messaging criteria.

Can we not go back a few years in time?????

Dating Jaded of North Wales - do I win a Fiver?
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Your Biggest Turn-offs?
Posted: 3/26/2016 4:30:27 AM
Have you tried www.whitethinvegannonsmokingnondrinkingnodrugssporthatingdaters.com? They've a special section for people who are particularly choosy about hair colour, length, beards.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Your Biggest Turn-offs?