Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Old, Angry, Bitter and Damaged Goods      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 26
Old, Angry, Bitter and Damaged GoodsPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT YOUR LIFE WOMAN.

I give a shit about my life. And that's all that matters.
 rennips1949
Msg: 27
Old, Angry, Bitter and Damaged Goods
Posted: 12/21/2015 11:38:22 AM
I'm surprised that Mr. Personality isn't back already, riding another ID from his latest batch.
Maybe he ran out and has to make up a new lot??
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 28
Posted: 12/21/2015 11:40:20 AM

Why do people get so defensive when someone is simply stating their experiences?

The same reason they get defensive when somebody hands their ass back to them.
 Sweetness_and_Light
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/21/2015 12:02:06 PM
Well, at least it juiced up a slow news day around here.....
 daynadaze
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2015 12:16:03 PM
There are two main reasons to post things like this, one is for attention, just like the child who acts out for attention, and the second is to hopefully hurt the people because they've been hurt, either just in their minds or for real. The reactions you give them urges them on, thinking they have struck a nerve, made their point, so they can feel better for a bit. That's why there's the old saying about not feeding the trolls, if no one reacts, if no one is hurt, then they have no reason to stay here acting out. Of course there's the fact that if you feel like responding, you certainly have every right, sometimes a person is so damaged that standing up to them is required.

These sort of posts is why I miss the mods, at least this kind of claptrap would be removed.
 Sweetness_and_Light
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/21/2015 12:49:26 PM
Would not be a proper forum if no one rose to the bait and gave the other side the chance to chime in with "Don't feed the trolls".

There are those few who are able to carry on a lively discussion without resorting to name calling.

I am a bait taker and scolder. Never occurs to me to say "Don't feed the trolls". I just scold.

vvvvvvvvvvv

Thanks for understanding, KJ. I hope you can get your pics back soon.
 kj521
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/21/2015 12:51:17 PM
There is a symbiotic relationship between the feather rufflers and the ruffled feathers.
Purposes served and objectives achieved. :)
 Debisue64
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2015 1:07:00 PM
I want a LIKE button like they have on facebook..

Halftime dad "I'm not sure you get how this thing called "discussion" works."

LIKE (lol)
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 34
Posted: 12/21/2015 1:22:19 PM
You guys always ruin my fun by deleting people. I would have liked to try to figure that guy out.
 Maleman999
Msg: 35
Posted: 12/21/2015 3:08:17 PM

I want a LIKE button like they have on facebook..

Is that like getting a gold star next to your name when you did something good in grade 2 or 3? If there's a like button in facebook, is there also a Dislike or Not Like button?
 Chromis1
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2015 3:15:38 PM
If Facebook had a Dislike button the place would have become a ghost town a long time ago. Kinda like here. Except, here, its probably more like a Bermuda Triangle.
 dpwesu
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/21/2015 3:47:17 PM

I do find that old and angry should ignore the women who are annoying. Why waste time. I myself have met a number of women who I have messaged and found to be rude and nothing like what they write on their profiles which kind of surprised me as they are aged between 44 and 52. It seems age has not taught them manners. What I believe is that most of the women on this site are not only abusive and uneducated but don't seem to want to put any effort in conversation maybe its the nature of online dating sites. I have never met so many women who are totally unrealistic in what they are looking for…..

Michejay…(see message 25) – I could say the very same for some of the men out here…..this is definitely not a gender specific issue….can’t tell you how many times I’ve conversed with men who are WORLDS different than their profiles.

They are just as rude, inept, educated, and unprofessional as the female counterparts you have come across. Many will SAY they are looking for a LTR, but in all actuality….they just want an FB or FWB, or some made-up woman who looked like she walked out of the pages of a high fashion magazine.

There are many more who are married masquerading as single, have criminal records, drug dependence and the list goes on and on.

Many of the men I have dealt with don’t want to put in any effort, either….one in particular…..we never talked voice to voice….but it was endless texting and emails. After 2 weeks of that, I finally told him to either fish or cut bait. If he wanted to meet, then fine, if he didn’t then to move on.

I finally moved on and a few months later, did he try to reach back out….by this time, I was so disgusted I didn’t answer his correspondence as he never wanted to nail down a date or time to meet, much less talk.

I am beginning to think that these sites are just the bane of dating itself. When you are on the internet and in the privacy of your own home, you can be or do anything you want, and to me, is how the rudeness comes out. These sites pretty much reinforce you don’t have to put in a lot of effort – don’t have to dress up and drive across town, much less communicate with anyone in a meaningful, intelligent way.

Sad, but true.
 loveisatemple
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/21/2015 4:32:19 PM
Op is projecting his fears of his own aging, anger, fear and objectification, sexism, onto women and playing victim because nobody is interested, so he needs to lash out apparently, like its going to help his situation.

Hey if nobody is buying your act in real life, why should online help you?
It's harder online, but the " anonymous nature" attracts certain types. " Who you are is what you do when nobody is watching".

Apparently op thinks he can rage and only a few meaningless people saw it, but he did reveal what he is about and seems proud and, that is the scary part.

Most of these threads are ranting about feminazis.
I see nothing but harpy talk, dinner whores, gold diggers, anger at women for mere indifference or lack of interest, especially the worst insult is calling a woman old, like men aren't old.

Strange how in denial some are of admitting their terror about aging, the anger and hate they harbor for the targeted gender.

They continue to think they can carry on trying to get sex out of their objectified targets, curse them out if they do not comply. Repeat.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/21/2015 5:06:50 PM
Ahh. We can pathologize all we want about others, but I strongly believe that the only way to know what's going through someone else's head is to ask them. No one can read the minds of others. Hell, I can't even read my own mind half the time ;)
 loveisatemple
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/21/2015 5:22:47 PM
I have not pathologized op. He has told us his feelings in repetitive threads about dinner whores, women are prostitutes, etc.
 junipermoon
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2015 5:49:38 PM
not bitter...just bored.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/21/2015 5:51:52 PM
We're going to take it as a given that you're copping to old, angry and damaged goods then.

Welcome. But at the next meeting you have to bring the cookies.
 ohenryx
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2015 9:13:48 PM
Heck, I like women. They’re soft and cuddly, they smell good, they fit really nice in my arms when dancing, what’s not to like?

And if you meet the right one, she makes you feel better about yourself. I met a very nice woman this evening. Classy, sexy, intriguing, …

I feel better tonight than I have in several months. It’s amazing how a woman can do that for a man in a simple 2 hour dinner date / initial meeting.

There is hope, people. But you have to get over all of this bitterness and BELIEVE that there is hope.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/21/2015 9:35:12 PM
That's great! Good luck.
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2015 9:55:34 PM
Someday,when you're feeling low,You'll put on such a show
You'll punch and kick the floor,Making us laugh even more!
 Sweetness_and_Light
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/22/2015 4:20:24 AM
But I will feel a glow just thinking of you. And the way you look tonight (pounding the floor).

sorry, really just making a test post here.

And it was as I thought. Msg 49 is missing, it's a ghost post by a profile I'll bet we'll never see in the forums (or if we do, not for long),

The mischief continues, le sigh.
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/22/2015 4:36:38 AM
...or, it's a "she."

...one who has unleashed repressed anger she can't do when she posts under her other, countless 'nyms.

The only people responsible for her anger is...her. Not me, not LH, not BA...HER.
 portocall
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/22/2015 7:50:45 AM
^^^ Sorry, if you're referring to Bluemoon, you're wrong...again. Just so you know, I had a full travel day yesterday. I have not nor never have unleashed a rant like that. I'm just sitting back watching it all happen and wondering who it is as well. While that Grin dude/dudette may have said a few things that were bang on, some was uncalled for. So little Princess Eternity, go pick on someone else. And, other than BA who I had some really nice chats with, not a damn thing you or LH have that anyone would be jealous of or be angry over, I can't dumb myself down enough to that level....and I can't do enough sit-ups to be LH's level and I don't want to put on 50 pounds to be at your level. The only thing I'm angry about is ALL the removals. ALL the removals. Funny how a few of you are still on here, makes a person wonder about those who remain...you, Piano, Sunshinegirl....hmmmm. Birds of a feather.

Again, this new dude/dudette is/was not me or anyone I know, that I'm aware. The same goes for the Lucy person.
 daynadaze
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2015 8:28:35 AM
Ask them? LOL You don't have to ask someone who is ranting on & on making a complete fool of them self, what they are all about, they straight out told us that.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Old, Angry, Bitter and Damaged Goods