Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 309
who paysPage 13 of 58    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
" Arnold was what he was, a body builder, thanks to steroids."

I'm quite sure he wasn't the only one using steroids and yet he beat them all 7 consecutive years . Come on, the man deserves credit.

" It's not like he was working on a cure for cancer or even creating a painting, he was lifting weights."

Was Maria working on a cure for cancer ??????

" He as a gym rat, a roid monkey."

Did a " gym rat " steal your gf in the past ?

" And he's homely as hell."

Apparently , Maria didn't think so

" As for acting, yes, he made a whole pile of money. But he's not in the category of acting like Gregory Peck or Paul Newman or acting and creating like a Robert Redford."

I didn't say he was a great actor, he was SUCCESSFUL in not one but TWO completely different careers - how many people can claim THAT ????

"And yes, she was out of his league, old family history, old money"

She gets to take credit for the family she was born into ???? That's just luck, like being born good looking. Sorry, I don't give credit for that. I give credit for hard work vs being born with a silver spoon up your a ss .

Yeah, he did the maid, I'm not defending that, Clinton got a bj from Lewinsky and who knows what else happened with others that we never heard about. I'm just saying I don't agree that she was out of his league simply because of who she was related to.

...But then, I don't buy into that I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy elitist BS like some apparently do
 marrakech2
Msg: 310
who pays
Posted: 2/13/2016 7:09:20 PM
All of this because I don't find Fabio attractive? Or Arnold? Lol. Like said, even Woody Allen gets laid and Charlie Manson has a fiancé.
Just so you know, Butterchickenchuck, you are far, far more attractive than Fabio or Arnold. Far more.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 311
who pays
Posted: 2/13/2016 7:16:06 PM
Wasn't Fabio meant to be funny? Sort of like country music?
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 312
who pays
Posted: 2/14/2016 8:34:19 AM
Shriver was out of Arnold's league..but she married him. SHE made that CHOICE, no-one else.

Maybe she was not so smart after all.she made the choice to marry him.

A bit odd to be obsessed about the love lives of people you don't know..semi-obscure quasi- celebrities.
The thing to do when one lacks a life of their own.?..get hot and bothered over the lifestyles of the rich and famous?..
 marrakech2
Msg: 313
who pays
Posted: 2/14/2016 8:39:27 AM
"According to Marrakech people should not have that freedom, to "make choices"?

Did I say that? Do you just make shit up? Did you just pull that out of your azz because...you're constipated? Don't put words in my mout AH. You're an odd little man and kinda creepy.

And who is obsessed? You're reaching again. And still creepy.
 Maleman999
Msg: 314
who pays
Posted: 2/14/2016 8:45:33 AM

Wasn't Fabio meant to be funny? Sort of like country music?

I was thinking more along the line of like the Kardashians, where they're famous for what exactly? And who has better hair-Fabio or Caitlyn Jenner?
 Stellan77
Msg: 315
who pays
Posted: 2/14/2016 11:01:29 AM
Well, according to a survey carried out by a university in California in 2013, at least 64% of men want women to start contributing to dating expenses.
 crook_catcher
Msg: 316
who pays
Posted: 2/14/2016 11:06:44 AM
Yeah, nothing like a bunch of broke college kids to get a sense of reality.

Still carrying the banner I see... kissfromarose77. :)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 317
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 2/14/2016 12:07:50 PM

Not that I want to sound like I'm defending him but he's one of the most successful bodybuilders of all time and THEN goes on to have a pretty successful movie career .....how do you figure she was " out of his league " ????????

Yeah, I totally agree. Someone being out of another's league has nothing to do with a single observer's personal choice. Steroids (used by a majority if not virtually all to some degree in the competitions back then) is just a red herring. What league one's in depends on how hot (or not) of a commodity they are to the opp-sex. He obviously could pull (and I'm sure he did pull) tons of hot ladies when he was single. Maria Shriver was a cute milf-ish news lady. If she was a current hot swimsuit model at the time of them getting hitched with her pictures on guys' desktop backgrounds, then I could see someone saying she was out of his league to some degree as he was getting older (but still governor, movie star).

Well, according to a survey carried out by a university in California in 2013, at least 64% of men want women to start contributing to dating expenses.

IMO, that's a low %. But surveys can get higher or lower #s depending on how they're worded. And the more it represents hypothetical situations that has a lot of IFs, the less accurate they can be. The reason I say that is because Wanting a gal to even just Contribute to dating expenses depends on women in general being OK with contributing and it being OK in culture across the board. If that were the case -- you'd see a higher %. It wouldn't be potentially walking on a land mine disrupting the dating game. I don't want women to begrudgingly contribute when I'm on a date with her ("Hey, new rule, own up babe!") -- even in the faintest sense if I Like her.

If you said: "After the initial dates of you asking out a gal has passed, would you Like or Dislike culture being that women from that point forward freely contribute to the dates to some degree -- such as covering the tip, getting a couple drinks as a nightcap, getting some ice cream after a movie, etc?" -- you'd get a much higher #.
 Stellan77
Msg: 318
who pays
Posted: 2/14/2016 1:12:15 PM

I don't want women to begrudgingly contribute when I'm on a date with her ("Hey, new rule, own up babe!") -- even in the faintest sense if I Like her.

Why would you want to date a woman who would only begrudgingly contribute? Wouldn't you prefer somebody who would willingly contribute?
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 319
who pays
Posted: 2/14/2016 1:16:31 PM
Sometimes the single observers " personal choice" is in reality sour grapes. Knowing they haven't a snowball's chance in H3ll, they pre-emptively "reject"...
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 320
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 2/15/2016 10:28:43 AM

Why would you want to date a woman who would only begrudgingly contribute? Wouldn't you prefer somebody who would willingly contribute?

It's because it's not a KILLER to me. I put Like with a capital letter meaning I really Like her. I'm not going to ruin things in the pre-dating phase when I really Like her by testing to see whether she'll contribute or not. First date, I'm usually more or less asking her to go out anyway. Second date it's quite common, too. Situations vary, not just on the level of Liking, but also on the level of her maybe motioning to pay -- or how she comes across, which can make it a bigger deal. Like, if she comes across as if a man-always-pays when she's a working gal -- then the potentiality of it being more of a big deal of negative points may make me motion on a date that I didn't ask her out on, to contribute -- or at least get into that subject because the cat's seemingly come out of the bag.

All in all, it's a negative, and the concept isn't a black & white issue -- it comes in different degrees. Like politics, sports, and religion -- you avoid talking about that on the first handful of dates, when it's not a Killer that you pay. And from my experience with working gals who out of experience expect a guy to pay, they can be a bit more enlightened to contribute (as seen in this thread here). There's no Rush. Again, it's not the money, it's the self-entitled POV that can be a turn-off. To many who passively without ever thinking about it much, expect & assume a guy to pay, but can realize that it is silly that a guy pays for everything at all times because he's a guy and she's a (pat on head) girl.
 flman2015
Msg: 321
who pays
Posted: 2/18/2016 4:19:33 AM

Don't forget a coin toss or pulling names out of a hat.

nah, I like Danny DeVito's method, have some really great sex. Whoever comes first pays, easy come, easy go ;-) (come spelled with an "o" and "e" because I'm old fashioned) ;-)
 Maleman999
Msg: 322
who pays
Posted: 2/18/2016 6:44:43 AM
Wasn't the 1960's the era of flower power, free love, and all of that stuff? When did love stop being free?
 south_city
Msg: 323
who pays
Posted: 2/18/2016 6:56:45 AM

That depends on how it's worded. There are a segment of men that want women to contribute on the first or second date. There are other men that are willing to pay for the first X amount of dates. But would want a woman to start contributing at some point. I think the percentage of men that are willing to pay for all dates is low.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 324
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 2/18/2016 7:20:04 AM

Wasn't the 1960's the era of flower power, free love, and all of that stuff? When did love stop being free?

It was gradual, poor economy, lack of high paying blue color jobs, inflation, equal pay for women means lower relative pay for men.
 Aprilikesrosasblancas
Msg: 325
who pays
Posted: 2/18/2016 8:14:26 AM

When did love stop being free?

When Mars citizens began to demand venus's natives to go dutch on the FIRST DATE.!!

That is so,

R

I

D

I

C

U

L

O

U

S.!!

norwegianguy456
Msg: 326
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 2/18/2016 8:55:09 AM

That era didn't make women start contributing. As Dragon said, the economy was down. It wasn't there yet to begin. The whole 'free love' thing was more in accordance with people not working so much or going out on dates than skipping all that and just hanging out togehter -- but more living life against the 'establishment' - lol. But if you go on places like OKC where (I've found in the midwest) that there's a higher % of hipster/modern-day-semi-hippie types -- you'll find more gals who aren't struggling monetarily genuinely wanting to contribute.

at least 64% of men want women to start contributing to dating expenses.
That depends on how it's worded. There are a segment of men that want women to contribute on the first or second date. There are other men that are willing to pay for the first X amount of dates. But would want a woman to start contributing at some point. I think the percentage of men that are willing to pay for all dates is low.

I agree -- a LOT depends on how it's worded.

64% would be a bit of a high % in how the question/situation is presented, if it's when a guy asks a girl out or when going out on a date with a gal who doesn't have a career but he does -- all while under the assumption that there'll be a likely chance the gal would be mildly turned off -- as many guys are Not going to want to put the gal in position to contribute.

64% is a Low % if it's presented that she's a career woman with money, it's not a date where he asked to take her out directly or implied, nor a 1st or special date -- where most girls would expect to contribute something -- as a vast Majority of guys would hypothetically like that, definitely.

When Mars citizens began to demand venus's natives to go dutch on the FIRST DATE.!!

Not just the first date -- but virtually ALL DATES. Be honest. :) There's far less social argument about a 1st date, unless the gal was kinda chasing the guy or the gal has a career and the guy is kinda poor or something. The cheesy Mars/Venus thing existed before, during, and after the Vietnam War/Hippie Era. Maybe there was a short period of time where gals were contributing, but then realized "Sh!t, this equality stuff is going to cost us money. Plus, we aren't equals yet in the workplace..," so it failed to catch on?

Also "Dutch" -- such a biased term - lol. When you and your gal-pal go out, and you got this one/she's got next -- or you split a dinner bill, or each pay for your own thing at the register -- you're "going Dutch" on her. ;)
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 327
who pays
Posted: 2/18/2016 9:05:39 AM

What I love about the 60s s that most of what we think is the sixties really happened in the 70s. Hahahahah.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 328
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 2/18/2016 9:21:33 AM
I don't really have any experience of NOT paying. But most of my dating was when I was working in a regular job.

During my dating life, I made between 2-5X what my dates earned, it was trivial to me to pay while it would have been a burden for them. So it seemed mean of me to want them to pay.

The only time I even gave it a second thought was in 2010 when I dated a woman that did offer to pay sometimes, but she liked very expensive hotels / restaurants and even with her paying sometimes it was more expensive than I liked.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 329
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 2/18/2016 9:30:04 AM

What I love about the 60s s that most of what we think is the sixties really happened in the 70s. Hahahahah.

True! It wasn't until the late 60s that things took off, and got wild in the 70s! One stat in the 70s was that there was a high % of women who dabbled in swinging & threesomes. Any time a parent in high school & college in the late 60s to mid 70s starts saying "You kids nowadays!" -- they need to recognize that listening to Nirvana and jamming out in flannel in the 90s didn't even compare! :)

During my dating life, I made between 2-5X what my dates earned, it was trivial to me to pay while it would have been a burden for them

I think the burden or even potential burden for the gal, whether it's her taste or her bank account, is what keeps a guy paying. It only becomes difficult for a guy when it's also a burden on him... but it doesn't have to be a burden on the guy to roll his eyes at the concept in a discussion with others on the subject, when it wouldn't be a financial burden on the gal to at least contribute.
 Aprilikesrosasblancas
Msg: 330
who pays
Posted: 2/18/2016 9:47:43 AM
Oooopps.!
I am in the wrong place.
Tried to delete it but I couldn't.
let's start all over...:)

dragonbytes
Msg: 331
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 2/18/2016 9:48:19 AM
^^^, I think it's fair to have a woman pay half of the dating expensive, I don't have any trouble with a woman offering to pay.

But after a while the whole who is paying gets very blurry, and it while I suppose it's still dating, it's more like just living life to me.

If she drives out to see me, if I eat at her house, sleep over the weekend, it doesn't cost me money. I often like in-expensive places that have good food that in todays prices is less than $20.

Sometimes when I was traveling, we stayed in places that were $11 a night. We did see a rat run across the front door lobby, someone nailed it with a long pole.

If a woman has similar money to me, I would think she should contribute. If she has more, then she should eventually pay more to have a good time.
 crook_catcher
Msg: 332
who pays
Posted: 2/18/2016 10:00:38 AM

I don't have any trouble with a woman offering to pay.

Dragon I don't have issues with that either.

My approach has always been that if I ask a woman out I fully intend to pay for the experience. She's agreed to go with me and that's her recipical obligation at that point as far as I'm concerned. As the dating relationship progresses I've found that it develops naturally into a joint venture between both parties. ymmv :)
 Aprilikesrosasblancas
Msg: 333
who pays
Posted: 2/18/2016 10:07:01 AM

"Also "Dutch" -- such a biased term - lol.

That's why I didn't write "dutch" with Capital letter

Here is the Real meaning:

1- Dutch...country
2 dutch..Split - break - cut- Eeeeeverything, the dinner bill AND .......the "mood thing"...:-)

It would be nice if he invited "her" to go Dutch on the first date,:-).... but not dutch on first date.

"There's far less social argument about a 1st date

No, it's not.

And that's why I tell my daughter, If HE makes you pay on first date, better for him to be in the same "level" (financially speaking) than you.

And please let me know if he does that.......joke..:-) :-)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >