Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 crook_catcher
Msg: 384
who paysPage 16 of 58    (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42)

What happened next, please? :)

I signaled my partner to come around and told him that the driver said he knew him and I went back to the car. ;)
 flman2015
Msg: 385
who pays
Posted: 2/19/2016 6:23:22 PM

Shall we start at Las Olas Blvd.? :D

Good choice. I wqnder why you picked that place, could it be because there are some "wallet management" institutions in the area ? (this girl knows her geography!)

Guess this means the Wallet Liberation Movement is over before it has begun.

Darn, too slow, she went back to molesting gators!

And dang it! I was ready to put my best shoe shopping foot forward to liberate the wallets. Wallets want to be free to do good, too, ya know! Especially, when it is for a good cause such as....liberating poor, defenseless little shoes from the horrible confinement and objectification of those brightly lit and deceptively pretty display windows!

Save a Manolo Blanic!

Should I have insisted they issue me a ticket?

No, definitely not but, you should have insisted on giving him a blowjob. No manners!
 kj521
Msg: 386
who pays
Posted: 2/19/2016 6:37:16 PM
I think I like you, Mr. Flman....for the sheer fact that YOU know the important directional landmarks of your fine city.

And you're kinda funny. :D
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 387
who pays
Posted: 2/19/2016 7:21:13 PM

I signaled my partner to come around and told him that the driver said he knew him and I went back to the car. ;)

You are sooo vanilla - I'm not even sure why you became a cop :/

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 crook_catcher
Msg: 388
who pays
Posted: 2/19/2016 7:36:38 PM

You are sooo vanilla - I'm not even sure why you became a cop :/

Please.... Truth, Justice and the American Way of course. :)

When I was 12 years old I found a dead body in the woods on a river bank. I ran two miles to a store and had the store owner call the police. A detective pulled up and told me to get in the car... from the moment I closed the door...radio traffic...light on the dash... a siren... I knew what I was going to be.

30 yrs. been shot, stabbed and cut. If I could go back to it in the morning I'd be the first one there.
 south_city
Msg: 389
who pays
Posted: 2/19/2016 9:03:57 PM

Not in my experience. I've gone on many dates with significantly younger men who were not making a lot of money, but they always (!) paid, even when I tried to split after a few dates, they were not going to have it. Then I've gone out on dates with guys my age or older who couldn't be bothered to pay for a cup of coffee....

I made that general observation based on what I have read on POF, discussions I had with friends, women I have dated, and other things. Doesn't necessarily mean it will be true in all cases.

So what am I supposed to do when men just won't let me pay? I've gone out on many dates and the men just pay, they grab the check the second it arrives, or they pay for the movie tickets before I get to the window. Do I yell at them and say "no, I WANT to pay"? Lol, no I don't think so....

If a man wants to pay for everything That's his prerogative. But that is a different situation than the OP is talking about.
 south_city
Msg: 390
who pays
Posted: 2/19/2016 9:08:40 PM

if i ask him out i pay, he asks me out, he pays.
if you invite a friend for lunch, don't you pay? after all, you invited.

For the most part, the only times I paid for a friend or vice versa is birthdays and other special occasions. Suppose a friend says "Hey do you want to grab a few beers", I don't expect him to pay for me because he asked.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 391
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 2/20/2016 8:25:54 AM

So what am I supposed to do when men just won't let me pay?

If he actually won't let you contribute anything, don't! You're 100% fine. :)

I've gone out on many dates and the men just pay, they grab the check the second it arrives, or they pay for the movie tickets before I get to the window. Do I yell at them and say "no, I WANT to pay"? Lol, no I don't think so.

Of course not. There's no POV that you should cause a ruckus to pay when a guy flows like that. Maybe a "Don't you find that weird?" question, but that's about it. I don't think anyone's arguing a gal being in the wrong position to "allow him to pay". The argument is when a gal feels Entitled to be paid for when Not asked out (usually past 1st date or three).

I once paid for bowling when I went out with a younger guy who didn't make much money, and he didn;t like it AT ALL.

If it's one of the first dates, some guys who knowingly don't make much money won't like it if the (especially older) woman unbeknownst to him pays for bowling or movie tickets. A guy in that position is more likely wanting to prove himself as dating-capable, especially after that. That doesn't have to do with how one's raised by parents -- a lot of guys don't follow parents guidelines when it comes to dating in many ways anyway. ;) It's about Esteem. His issue, as you said, was "woman pays for him" -- not merely contributing. So I can understand him being in a (self-applied) prove-yourself-mode how he'd get frustrated about an older woman paying For him. :) But a guy would have a low self esteem if he got pissed or something - lol.

But in the normal dating situations, where the guy didn't ask [to take] the girl out where things have settled in a bit, IMO, a guy has a low self esteem if a gal wants to contribute and he emotionally does Not want her to (when there's nothing he owes her, but 'because I'm a guy'). Also, IMO, a gal has Entitlement Issues if she gets upset if a guy lets her contribute on a (fake) offer to, or if he asks/implies for her to at some point when it's a date where it's past the point of asking them out.
 Stellan77
Msg: 392
who pays
Posted: 2/20/2016 8:31:21 AM

So what am I supposed to do when men just won't let me pay?

What do men do when women insist on paying for themselves? Somebody's gotta pay, unless you both want to stare at the bill until it goes up in flames. If a woman insisted on paying for herself, I wouldn't attempt to change her mind.
 crook_catcher
Msg: 393
who pays
Posted: 2/20/2016 8:47:20 AM

If a woman insisted on paying for herself, I wouldn't attempt to change her mind.

Say it ain't so. ;) j/k

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 ginghamgal
Msg: 394
who pays
Posted: 2/20/2016 9:09:24 AM

I've gone out on many dates and the men just pay, they grab the check the second it arrives, or they pay for the movie tickets before I get to the window. Do I yell at them and say "no, I WANT to pay"? Lol, no I don't think so.

If I order something, then I am willing to pay at least portion of the bill or more. If a man insisted on paying for the first few dates, I would let him. But I would offer to pay for the tip or buy him a snack / drink at the movies or pay for the next date. However if a man gets offended because I wanted to pay for a date after we had been dating for a while, then that could be a sign of controlling behavior. Depending on his other actions.
 south_city
Msg: 395
who pays
Posted: 2/20/2016 11:02:31 AM

However if a man gets offended because I wanted to pay for a date after we had been dating for a while, then that could be a sign of controlling behavior. Depending on his other actions.

Some women have told me stories about men being too controlling. They dated men that would want to make all of the decisions in a relationship, his needs or wants were more important than hers etc because he paid for all the dates. Not saying this is always true. But it can show that paying for dates doesn't necessarily make someone "more of a gentleman."
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 396
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 2/20/2016 12:09:24 PM
I have to wonder, when a woman says that she's offered to pay something on a first date and the man insisted on taking care of everything, and she uses these experiences to defend her decision to allow men to do so...is she really not taking it as a bit disrespectful when a man does this, or was her initial gesture to pay something just a pretentious one? I have to wonder what kind of man she's really after; Does she understand that even this etiquette in the very beginning begins to show what kind of person someone is, is she in fact wanting that kind of man, or does she just not care? Is she still nonetheless content to benefit from a gender-derived power-position when such a man comes within her sphere, or does she not ever try to have more discriminating tastes?
 Marry_Me_Monroe
Msg: 397
who pays
Posted: 2/20/2016 2:22:20 PM

So what am I supposed to do when men just won't let me pay? I've gone out on many dates and the men just pay, they grab the check the second it arrives, or they pay for the movie tickets before I get to the window. Do I yell at them and say "no, I WANT to pay"? Lol, no I don't think so. And I'm not talking about guys who want to get into my pants either, this is true for males that I never had or will have sex with. I once paid for bowling when I went out with a younger guy who didn't make much money, and he didn;t like it AT ALL. In fact, he made up for it by buying dinner afterwards, he told me he doesn't like it when a woman pays for him, just not how he was raised. That has been my experience. And I doubt men would like to take me out if I were an entitled, man-hating shrewd - au contraire, I love men, I enjoy spending time with the right kind, and they enjoy my company as well. Note I said company -not expecting just to get some pvssy, they can get that for free elsewhere.

Correct me if I'm wrong but those arguing against your principles in this forum are not the people you are dating, so their opinion doesn't really matter with respect to you.

You are getting what you want and need out of the men you are choosing to date, the opinions or thought process of those you are not dating is inconsequential. Remember that "the lion does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep".

Correct me if I'm wrong but those arguing against your principles in this forum are not the people you are dating, so their opinion doesn't really matter with respect to you.

And while the people trying to bash Karma (& others) are doing so, people like Karma & Karma herself are dating & having fun.

Yesterday, a random stranger bought lunch for me & my s.o. , so I totally get why people r constantly buying Karma drinks & meals etc.
 south_city
Msg: 398
who pays
Posted: 2/20/2016 2:46:57 PM

And while the people trying to bash Karma (& others) are doing so, people like Karma & Karma herself are dating & having fun.

I don't see "bashing". Just people that may have a different viewpoint than she does. That's the point of the forums. Also this can work both ways. How do you the know the people that disagreed with her aren't having fun on dates? Maybe they are dating women with the same viewpoints that they have.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 399
who pays
Posted: 2/20/2016 2:59:32 PM
Money don't get everything it's true

but what it don't get, I can't use

Give me money, that's what I WANT!
 ginghamgal
Msg: 400
who pays
Posted: 2/20/2016 9:48:37 PM

Yesterday, a random stranger bought lunch for me & my s.o. , so I totally get why people r constantly buying Karma drinks & meals etc.

I would be more impressed if you or Karma ( or any other woman that mentioned a random stranger bought her something ) bought a random stranger a meal or a drink instead.
 revoskeepnus
Msg: 401
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 2/21/2016 10:36:12 AM
better yet randomly go to your local jail and put money on the books of someone that doesn't have any money. screw people out here in the world... prisoners need more help. I"m going to donate to a prisoner's books tomorrow... it's hard being in there with no commissary.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 402
who pays
Posted: 2/21/2016 10:46:12 AM
^^
So quite possibly I'd be giving something to the creep who smashed my car window and stole my car stereo?

Or who will get out soon and do that! Or B & E on my house..?

Nah...don't think so.
 crook_catcher
Msg: 403
who pays
Posted: 2/21/2016 10:48:02 AM

better yet randomly go to your local jail and put money on the books of someone that doesn't have any money.

Hmm....maybe if I knew someone in there I might. Not randomly that's for sure. I'm not making some pedophiles jail tenure "more comfortable" Club Med it isn't. ymmv
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 404
who pays
Posted: 2/21/2016 10:53:02 AM
That's right. Retraumatize them - that'll learn 'em. Everyone knows that punishing f*cked up people is a highly effective rehabilitation tactic ;)
 crook_catcher
Msg: 405
who pays
Posted: 2/21/2016 10:56:12 AM
^^^^^^

So random people "not contributing" to some unknown inmate's account is "retraumatizing them"? Please.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 406
who pays
Posted: 2/21/2016 11:01:26 AM
I guess only "liberals" know that giving a youth an ice cream cone and a " stern uncle" type chat , then sending him/ her home, after the assault of someone, will make them not want to re -offend ever again!?
some people are "fuct up", true..others are just calculating stone predators. .easy to know which is which ?

I wouldn't call not being "generous " to convicts, "retraumatizing" them, necessarily

VV

sorry, not been locked up nor a sex offender.

have refrained from touching people who did not want to be touched, and/or people under the legal age of consent.
does this make me a bad person?

you seem to know a lot..have you been locked up..an offender? Or a victim?

ah no..sorry, I'm guessing a social worker of some type..sorry.

what would your suggestions as to how to deal with killers..let's say Dellen Millard of Ontario, charged with 3 murders? Or the killers of a kindergarten school teacher in S. Ontario..or of a woman outside a hockey arena in Surrey, BC?

hold their hands? The killers are the true victims, poor traumatized ones..right?

VV
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 407
who pays
Posted: 2/21/2016 11:01:54 AM
^ Ever been locked up? Better yet, ever been a locked up sex offender? Yes, this will facilitate revenge. No, it will not facilitate rehabilitation. But most people want revenge. Even if it makes the bad guys into even badder guys.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 408
who pays
Posted: 2/21/2016 11:04:39 AM
You suggesting they NOT be locked up?
Maybe if they didn't opt out of the programs they might rehab
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >