Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 2ufo
Msg: 484
he paysPage 20 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)

How many condoms in a box. I can get 36 condoms for about $12.

I can get about 100 for $25; maybe more.
Sample pack condoms at Amazon or Good Vibrations.
Includes other samples also.
Of course, I do check the expirations every so often... I've had them quite a while now.
 sundownertoo
Msg: 485
who pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 10:07:56 AM
2ufo. You go girl.

April - the two women that Blackw00d went out with did exactly what they wanted to do - go out with a man, split the the bill and get laid. Happens every weekend all over the world. Many women on the forums have stated that sometimes they just want sex too, no fuss/ no muss. So what? Casual sex will never die. I don't think it means someone is desperate or has no class.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 486
he pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 10:21:02 AM
Ohhh, April. .

doesn't the bible include a statement, " judge not, lest ye be judged" ?

You missed that part, maybe..
 south_city
Msg: 487
he pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 10:21:34 AM

I can get about 100 for $25; maybe more.
Sample pack condoms at Amazon or Good Vibrations.
Includes other samples also.
Of course, I do check the expirations every so often... I've had them quite a while now.

The types of condoms I prefer are about the same price on Amazon as the place where I usually buy condoms. There's another place where these types of condoms are a little bit cheaper. But it's a longer drive for me.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 488
view profile
History
he pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 10:24:57 AM

In all honesty...who the hell cares or why does it bother 'you" so much...what a man/woman decides to do when dating.

It's not really about being bothered about two people mutually happy with if/when they are on their dating setup. It's about the stance of what is universally good/optimal/expected/etc VS Not. To many, it's not a mere "preference", but a POV that the guy is doing things inappropriately if on date #X he's motioning for the gal to contribute.

There have been a few men that believe they are a gentleman and it doesn't bother them to pay for a womans meal.

True. And there's nothing wrong with paying for a woman's feeding, in *a* situation . I don't think anyone has a belief there's something wrong with that at all. It's about expectations that that's the way it's "supposed to be" every single time, whether he asked to take her out or not.

Why do you not go after them for feeding these entitled women ?? Just doesn't make sense to me, other than some personal vendetta......fcs...let it go already!!!!

If a guy comes on here saying that does & should pay for everything at all times to women he's not even asking out, and that they are Entitled to it -- absolutely. Shouldn't you (also) be upset at gals coming into the thread saying they get everything bought & paid for with the implication that that's how it's ideally supposed to be? :) Remember, all this centers around the OP's situation on date #10 where the gal was WTH when he motioned for her contributing.

For dinner, at the very least I told the waitress that I had a military ID and I got a discount. He was just laughing and told me to chill, he had enough money to pay for it even without a discount.

Okay, that's kinda weird. He had to Say that? It's not like you were digging thru your purse looking for a coupon holding up waitstaff traffic. :) Him sticking his chest out like that should raise an eyebrow about his mindset. As a side note... again, he's not just a "guy friend" if he's taking you out on dates. If you had a BF, would this be happening? No -- so no sense in role-playing as "a guy friend". :)

He just looked at me like I had two heads and handed me two 20s, and told me "here , I'll let you pay". So there was that.

It's great you motioned to split the bill on the movies. And nobody's questioning any gal for letting a guy pay when he wants to. The only time That would be in question is if she Wasn't interested in him in-that-way and did only see him as a "guy friend". That's a whole other subject and not about guy-girl contribution balance -- but more like stringing someone along. But if you're interested in the guy, Nothing wrong with letting him pay when he's doing more than the average Joe. However, if you're Not interested in the guy, and him being merely a "guy friend" isn't merely a role-playing label but actually how you feel about him -- then don't, as you'll be leading the guy on.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 489
who pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 10:32:08 AM

Happens every weekend all over the world. Many women on the forums have stated that sometimes they just want sex too, no fuss/ no muss. So what? Casual sex will never die. I don't think it means someone is desperate or has no class.

Well...there you go! Does that also mean...Different strokes for different Folks.?
Too funny!

Shouldn't you (also) be upset at gals coming into the thread saying they get everything bought & paid for with the implication that that's how it's ideally supposed to be? :)

NO....I don't care...It doesn't mean I approve, I just don't care!

Remember, all this centers around the OP's situation on date #10 where the gal was WTH when he motioned for her contributing.

Listen....Am I to assume the guy is daft? If he doesn't like it ...QUIT!!!! Easy Peasy!
 Stellan77
Msg: 490
who pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 10:43:56 AM

Some guys WANT to pay, their budget is not blown by spending a hundred bucks for a night out.

So what about the guys that can't afford to do that? According to some women on this forum these men shouldn't be dating. Well, that's like telling a BBW she shouldn't even be attempting to date until she loses weight. Some people associate financial stability with a higher level of education and hard work, but that's not always the case. You could be very educated but have difficulty getting a job in today's economy. On the other hand, there are people who are wealthy who have no postsecondary education- they either inherited wealth, had connections with the right people, or just got lucky. Some women on this forum using insulting terms such as "cheap skate" to describe men who won't pay for everything on date are no better than some men insulting womens' weight.
 gtomustang
Msg: 491
who pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 10:50:46 AM
if a person can't afford to play in a certain playground...then yes, he has to go to where he can afford to play. its just that simple. Its nice to look at a mansion, but if you can't afford the cost to maintain and own it....why bother the real estate salesperson? There's plenty of other nice places to sleep. only you think its a bad reflection upon you that you can't be allowed to move into the mansion, everyone else like you is sleeping where they can afford to sleep.
 Aprilovesrosasblancas
Msg: 492
he pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 10:51:00 AM

Ohhh, April. .....doesn't the bible include a statement, " judge not, lest ye be judged" ?......You missed that part, maybe..

Yes, I missed that part and many others, I am trying to behave by doing other things but....Oh well.. I am so "im"perfect. I am almost sure I will be with you "down there" in the "dark" all hot and sweaty...Sad.

ETA

I can get about 100 for $25; maybe more. ....Sample pack condoms at Amazon or Good Vibrations. Includes other samples also........Of course, I do check the expirations every so often... I've had them quite a while now.The types of condoms I prefer are about the same price on Amazon as the place where I usually buy condoms. There's another place where these types of condoms are a little bit cheaper. But it's a longer drive for me.

Hummm.
There is a saying:
"You get what you paid for it".!!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 493
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 11:36:29 AM

NO....I don't care...It doesn't mean I approve, I just don't care!

You DO care though! :) Otherwise you wouldn't be frustrated about it all. :)

Listen....Am I to assume the guy [OP] is daft? If he doesn't like it ...QUIT!!!! Easy Peasy!

If you don't like a particular thread, you don't have to read (or post) about it -- Easy Peasy! :) But I disagree with your assessment about him. His question wasn't him just opining. He was wondering how far off (if anything) he was to motion for her to contribute on date #10, given his situation -- and how warranted her response was. Something very good to contemplate when one hasn't had much dating experience in a long while. "Just leave her" isn't a good word of advice-- because it's wise to first know how on or off you may be when it comes down to it, especially when everything else was going 100% awesome. Guess what she did on the next date? Made a good step to contribute, because she realized, at least to some extent, her POV expressed to him previously was off. :)
 Whisky_River
Msg: 494
who pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 12:02:53 PM

You DO care though! :) Otherwise you wouldn't be frustrated about it all. :)

I care about the constant bullying of certain people on this forum...
That's hardly the same thing. I am not frustrated about anything....trust me.

If you don't like a particular thread, you don't have to read (or post) about it -- Easy Peasy!

I didn't say...I didn't like the thread and I didn't read most of it...same ole'....same ole'.....I have it memorized.
As for my advice to quit doing what he's doing...I think it's good advice. Nevertheless, it would be my advice and I didn't need to call him names...other than , is he "daft". Ninety per cent of these threads started are redundant and just started to women bash...imo.

Listen...NG....I think you have reasoning power but you just may over think things a little too much...where's Vicki??
I miss her too!
If I don't like something while I am dating someone...I either say something or change something.
I'm glad it worked out for him.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 495
he pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 12:07:07 PM
For dinner, at the very least I told the waitress that I had a military ID and I got a discount. He was just laughing and told me to chill, he had enough money to pay for it even without a discount.

Okay, that's kinda weird. He had to Say that? It's not like you were digging thru your purse looking for a coupon holding up waitstaff traffic. :) Him sticking his chest out like that should raise an eyebrow about his mindset. As a side note... again, he's not just a "guy friend" if he's taking you out on dates. If you had a BF, would this be happening? No -- so no sense in role-playing as "a guy friend". :)

He just looked at me like I had two heads and handed me two 20s, and told me "here , I'll let you pay". So there was that.

It's great you motioned to split the bill on the movies. And nobody's questioning any gal for letting a guy pay when he wants to. The only time That would be in question is if she Wasn't interested in him in-that-way and did only see him as a "guy friend". That's a whole other subject and not about guy-girl contribution balance -- but more like stringing someone along. But if you're interested in the guy, Nothing wrong with letting him pay when he's doing more than the average Joe. However, if you're Not interested in the guy, and him being merely a "guy friend" isn't merely a role-playing label but actually how you feel about him -- then don't, as you'll be leading the guy on.

----

He is just a guy friend as of now - we have never kissed, certainly never had sex, and he has not expressed interest in starting a relationship with me. I've known him for over a year, so I'm pretty sure if he had wanted more from me, it would have come up.

I'm not leading him on either because I have expressed that I'm attracted to him, and I know he finds me attractive as well, but for whatever reason, he doesn't want to take things further than being platonic friends. He is my age, divorced twice, and has a very demanding job, so maybe he just doesn't want the additional demand of another relationship and would rather just have me as a friend than try a relationship that might not go very well and ruining our friendship. But who knows? I'm open to taking it further, but unless I get a very clear signal from him, I'm not going to push the issue. I kind of like the idea of being friends first for a while before (if ever) anything else develops.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 496
view profile
History
he pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 12:27:16 PM

He is just a guy friend as of now - we have never kissed, certainly never had sex, and he has not expressed interest in starting a relationship with me. I've known him for over a year, so I'm pretty sure if he had wanted more from me, it would have come up.

He is not JUST a guy friend, no. You called them dates. You've been on many. You're dating. You're just taking it Slow. That doesn't mean guy-friend.

Litmus test of a guy being just a "guy friend": A Boyfriend/Husband thinks how you're involved with him is a-okay. :)
Another litmus test: You could hit on a guy or let a guy hit on your in front of him and get the guy's # when you're out socializing with him after a movie or whatnot -- and he'd have no room to complain.

You don't have to be making out to cross platonic lines. Again, you even said they were dates, in which he picks you up and insists on paying for everything. It's not platonic. People in high school will do the "he/she is just a friend" when they're not Just friends. No need to role play! :) He's a guy you're seeing, but nothing serious.

I'm not leading him on either because I have expressed that I'm attracted to him, and I know he finds me attractive as well, but for whatever reason, he doesn't want to take things further than being platonic friends.

He Is taking things further than merely being platonic. He Insists more than the Average Joe on paying for you, and picking you up for dates! :) I think since you've known him for over a year, it's a little awkward going on these dates? It's an odd/interesting situation, that's worthy of detail in another thread, but point is, it's not purely platonic, that's for sure. He needs to grow some balls and make a move. Something his wallet can't bail him out on, unfortunately. :)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 497
who pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 12:29:08 PM
20 pages in and I want to know how many of the Men complaining about paying for a date have been on a date in say idk, 3 months.
And the women who call out the "princesses" how often does a Man offer to treat you?
Some of it starts reading like sour grapes.
Soon men will be saying " I've been dateless since 97.. but look at all the money I saved! Really, where does that money go?
I used to work with a bunch of former teachers - they were the tightest fisted on the Planet. When I worked in the Inner City the poor folk were then most generous.
Yeppers, $99.95 bill and 4 hands reaching for the nickel.
Dating doesn't have to be expensive, plus subtract the cost of buying and preparing, then clean up of the dinner.. yet even less expensive.
I usually go out for coffee daily - I have coffee here but I do it because I take pleasure in it. Dating should be pleasurable
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 498
who pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 12:43:17 PM
Norwegianguy, I hope you are right, because I certainly would like to "really" date him and try a relationship. I kiss my dates, not necessarily on first dates, but the repeat ones for sure. Since that hasn't happened with him, I will call him my friend until we cross that line. I have to admit, I'm pretty clueless what to make of him and how to figure out what's up, because I've never been in a situation like this. Men have always made it pretty clear to me when they are interested in me (or not), but this guy is clear as mud.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 499
who pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 12:57:11 PM
@TIK.....He obviously enjoys your company....sure is baffling.
I wonder if he is just afraid.... that you aren't willing to commit just to him and be happy with that.
After all he has an inside track on how much you meet other guys. Maybe, in his mind he's waiting for something or....
He's just not into you in a gf/bf way?
You're positive he's not gay...Oh relax everybody....It's just abnormal for most men to refuse.

vvvvvv Did you arm wrestle her for the check??
 Stellan77
Msg: 500
who pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 12:57:16 PM

20 pages in and I want to know how many of the Men complaining about paying for a date have been on a date in say idk, 3 months.

I had a date last Friday.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 501
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 1:18:05 PM

Moi. :) But that's what the forums are for -- complaining. :) I don't complain about certain situations, and will on others tho.

That's hardly the same thing. I am not frustrated about anything....trust me.

I think it is, tho... I mean, you're frustrated about (what you see as) Constant bullying, right?

As for my advice to quit doing what he's doing...I think it's good advice.

I don't. I think your other advice is better:

If I don't like something while I am dating someone...I either say something or change something.

And he did, and his inquiry was about Possibly changing his POV and wanted other people's POV on the matter. He was doing the right thing.

Ninety per cent of these threads started are redundant and just started to women bash...imo.

This thread isn't about woman bashing anymore than man bashing (who have issue with paying for every date). Not all women feel entitled to be bought & paid for on any & all dates where the guy isn't asking to take them out. It's bashing of that entitlement POV, as well as bashing the POV that a guy isn't any lesser of a guy if he expects the gal to contribute to some degree at some point. It will lead to bashing particular people who hold each POV, yes.

I think you have reasoning power but you just may over think things a little too much...where's Vicki??

I do on many threads, but I don't think so on this one so much. Vicki? Vicki was booted, and again when hopping back on. :(

because I certainly would like to "really" date him and try a relationship.

Yeah, the dates are weird because you guys have known each other, and, well, he's chicken. Not to say he has some big crush on you -- but that's not required. If he's taking Saturday nights off when you reach out to him, for him to pick you up & take you out, and has said he's attracted to you too -- it's not because of his lack of availability to be merely dating someone. He may be thinking since you two have known each other for a while as friends, that it must either go down the road-to-relationship or nothing at all? He needs to fish or cut bait (make a move or not take you out). He's chicken, bottom line. However, I understand him not jumping at it Right off the bat, because it is a little complicated going from friends->dating. You both are dating, but you're role-playing as just friends at the same time. One foot in, one foot out. It's weird.

I would open up my body language, and over dinner on the next date, flirt. Make it easier for him. And at the end of the date when he's dropping you off, undo the seat belt, turn toward him, open body language, looking at him in the eyes, smiling and thanking him. If you Are attracted to him and Are attracted to the notion of fully Dating him, you should want to do that. You can say it's more weird since you've known each other for about a year -- but isn't THIS situation getting kinda weird when you think about it? :)
 sundownertoo
Msg: 502
who pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 1:19:26 PM
Did anyone else watch that show with Lisa Ling on CNN last night? She does a one hour documentary type program called This is Life . Last night is was about Sugar Babies. All these young gals in their 20s hooking up with older guys in their 50s plus. The young gals are broke but pretty and just want the guys to buy them stuff, pay for their stuff and give them cash. The men, all wealthy and some married, some single, want arm candy, companionship (some with sex, some not). They have these functions or get together hosted by some guy and he brings in all the young gals and the old guys.

You know, I don't care how you pay for your breast implants or college tuition or you Louis Vuitton bag or supplement your grocery bill with dates out. You put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig. To each their own. BUT, the OP asked a question and some don't like the answers. It's discussion, debate...whatever. All I know is that before we had reached the 10 date mark, I'd have treated.
 Blackwood85
Msg: 503
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 1:51:38 PM

So what about the guys that can't afford to do that? According to some women on this forum these men shouldn't be dating. Well, that's like telling a BBW she shouldn't even be attempting to date until she loses weight. Some people associate financial stability with a higher level of education and hard work, but that's not always the case. You could be very educated but have difficulty getting a job in today's economy. On the other hand, there are people who are wealthy who have no postsecondary education- they either inherited wealth, had connections with the right people, or just got lucky. Some women on this forum using insulting terms such as "cheap skate" to describe men who won't pay for everything on date are no better than some men insulting womens' weight.

Some guys are into big women though I don't know many people who are into someone who's broke. At the end of the day it's called priorities, I dated when I was in college and I was a broke student I just didn't go beyond my means, I was dating girls who were college aged as well so there wasn't pressure to go somewhere nice, a lot of times our dates consisted of walking in a park or just around campus or just renting a movie and watching it. I absolutely hate dinner and movie dates, I rather do something more creative and there are a lot of things two people can do on a date that involves no money or hardly any money. People for some reason just love dinner and movie dates and they love stressing out over which restaurant to pick then get upset when they spend a lot of money they don't have because they wanted to make a great impression using their wallet instead of their personality.

The behavior of both women and your behavior was not correct
These women seem to have
No class
Desperate
Lacked a bit of "gray matter."..:)
As we see, Nothing helped these two women by doing all of that to "WOW" him....Not even sex.....As he testifies, The FOLLOWING day he was with another STD.......I meant woman.
Who wants to be with that kind of men or women?... NONE are good for a LTR.

Meh.

Protection was used both nights and I don't think either girl was trying to impress me. We had sex because we had sex, there's not always an ulterior motive and sometimes it's fun just to have sex. It's not the first time I've had sex with either of them and it probably won't be the last time. Spontaneity is the key word
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 504
he pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 1:59:38 PM

................maybe he just doesn't want the additional demand of another relationship. ..................

TIK , For what it's worth, This ^ ^ ^ ^ may very well be true. A relationship requires time, and energy. It becomes a responsibility.
Your guy friend, may just simply wish to enjoy your company with out any emotional and/or sexual ties. Nothing wrong with that at all.
I also agree with the suggestion he knows you so well, he wants to avoid being "one of the crowd". Perhaps he wants to see where just enjoying your companionship, could possibly lead down the road.

1. You can come right out and ask him, "Where do you see us 6 months from now?"
2.Don't ask him, but continue to enjoy time spent together, with no expectations. No pressure.

From a different thread:
Unhealthy "Chemistry" can be like striking a match. The fire can go out just as fast as it started.
Healthy "Chemistry" is not instant. It grows. It develops.

On topic: We are flipping a quarter!
 crook_catcher
Msg: 505
who pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 2:08:29 PM

It's not the first time I've had sex with either of them and it probably won't be the last time.

Do they know about each other? Just curious if they do. I've never "dated" a woman that knowingly would be ok with that.

If the situation were reversed I don't believe I would be ok with it. I mean they're welcome to do what they want but I'm cutting out of the loop. :/
 Walts
Msg: 506
who pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 2:11:24 PM

Soon men will be saying " I've been dateless since 97.. but look at all the money I saved! Really, where does that money go?

Fishing stuff.

And,

of course,

Whiskey.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 507
who pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 2:13:59 PM

They have these functions or get together hosted by some guy and he brings in all the young gals and the old guys.

That sounds like the "Pimp and Ho" Ball.

but look at all the money I saved! Really, where does that money go?

Retirement fund?

According to some surveys, the #1 fear of people age 65 and retiring isn't dying, it's living- outliving their money.

Restaurants don't serve people for free.

And that's exactly why coupons come in handy.

Well, the restaurants are free for the person who DOESN'T pay the bill.

4) there are other things to do on a date besides buy dinner.

Indeed.
I can come up with dozens of ideas.

I'm pretty clueless

Well, OK.
If you say so.
 south_city
Msg: 508
who pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 2:34:19 PM

Ninety per cent of these threads started are redundant and just started to women bash...imo.

Works both ways. I have seen just as many women complain about getting emails mostly from men that they aren't interested in; label men as "cheap", "players / just looking for sex", "shallow / only caring about looks", etc
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >