Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Maleman999
Msg: 509
who paysPage 21 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)

but look at all the money I saved! Really, where does that money go?

It goes to the Goldigger's Benevolent charity
 Stellan77
Msg: 510
who pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 2:49:54 PM

Ninety per cent of these threads started are redundant and just started to women bash...imo.

This thread was started because the OP had been on 10 dates and the woman had still not offered to pay for anything. How is it redundant or bashing women to suggest that they should contribute equally to dates?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 511
who pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 3:06:09 PM
Maleman - I am more a bonedigger, but I could enjoy new sandals for my hooves. just sayin
Stellan - I thought you couldn't date. Then there was the GF, you a free agent again?
I wonder why no one is ever called an expensive skate?
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 512
who pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 3:18:31 PM

Sure, I've spotted a few gold diggers but I've never had a problem going for lunch or dinner with a woman and splitting the bill.

You think the cost of a lunch or a dinner is “gold digging.” Sure.

SOME women in America actually go on date. Pay half and get laid after...

So what? Women are “entitled” to date however they CHOOSE to…that’s the point.

Funny that you think as long as a woman forks over her share for dinner, spreading her legs for him on a first meet is a-okay with you. No judgmental name calling here. Her money is worth more than her body or sense of well being or self respect.

You sound like every horny cheapskates’ dream come true. Maybe you’ll clean up after the wet spot and drop a twenty on the nightstand before you go.

But I will continue calling out entitled princess that ….blah blah blah infinity blah

And I will continue to “call out” jealous hags who have to pay for a man’s d!ck and resent women who are treated well with gracious respect by men.

Yep, these kind of people get the whole package, Pay half and get laid after get STD's.

As long as she PAYS; that’s all that matters! There is no judgment verbalized. If HE pays then SHE is a gold digging, entitled princess prostitute, etc., etc. When SHE pays he can afford the penicillin treatments. See the great value?
 Stellan77
Msg: 513
who pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 3:35:04 PM
Uh oh, now you've got sunshine into this.
 sundownertoo
Msg: 514
who pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 3:49:07 PM

Did I say otherwise?

Funny that you think as long as a woman forks over her share for dinner, spreading her legs for him on a first meet is a-okay with you. No judgmental name calling here. Her money is worth more than her body or sense of well being or self respect.

Did I say that? Man, do you ever have anger issues and reading comprehension issues, plus you just make shyt up. And as an FYI, I don't care if two people have sex on a first date, third date or never.

You sound like every horny cheapskates’ dream come true. Maybe you'll clean up after the wet spot and drop a twenty on the nightstand before you go.

You know, you're such a twat. As for "...pay for a man's d1ck..." You're such a C U Next Tuesday. You twist words. And please tell me the difference in your little friggin brain the difference between paying for a man's d1ck and selling your vagina . Somehow if a woman treats a man to a meal after 10 dates she is "paying for d1ck" but if the man is hauling out the wallet after 10 dates he isn't somehow "paying for the vagina"? ?? You go ahead, you sell yours. It suits you.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 515
who pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 5:14:35 PM
@@@ well this devolved!
Good, I have to cook and take care of a sick fur baby. But please ladies let us try to keep it classy. Twatwaffle for example.
Generally the wet spot I clean up is paw prints but I ramble,
Tonight my vagina is worth Chinese food. Which btw is just food if you are Chinese
 Blackwood85
Msg: 516
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 5:55:24 PM

Do they know about each other? Just curious if they do. I've never "dated" a woman that knowingly would be ok with that.

If the situation were reversed I don't believe I would be ok with it. I mean they're welcome to do what they want but I'm cutting out of the loop. :/

They don't know each other at all, the 2nd girl lives two hours away so we don't see each other often. I may or may not be in living in Maryland in 8 months (Getting out of the military) so right now I'm not exclusive and a commitment hasn't been made to anyone. So any girl I'm having sex with, I'm assuming is going to play the field themselves. It doesn't really bother me, I guess I just don't think about it and the subject hasn't really came up.
 Dili_gent
Msg: 517
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 2/28/2016 10:50:14 PM

Norwegianguy, I hope you are right, because I certainly would like to "really" date him and try a relationship. I kiss my dates, not necessarily on first dates, but the repeat ones for sure. Since that hasn't happened with him, I will call him my friend until we cross that line. I have to admit, I'm pretty clueless what to make of him and how to figure out what's up, because I've never been in a situation like this. Men have always made it pretty clear to me when they are interested in me (or not), but this guy is clear as mud.

I know these threads can be mean at times, the following comments are intended as honest and well intended.

You owe your male friend the gift of honesty. You must tell him how you feel. To just go with the flow is unfair.

If you had a female friend who always had her meals paid for by her "friends", wouldn't she be considered a leach? If you are merely friends with this man, and he always pays, aren't you being a leach as well? ( I am not trying to be mean, just to make a comparison).

What is your end game? You can't truly want him to pay for you forever as just a friend. And if you have feelings for him, you are putting of some great experiences if he reciprocates!
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 518
who pays
Posted: 2/29/2016 6:41:34 AM

Indeed. And that's the point. (So much for their brand of feminism and equality, isn't it?)

An old hag with various 'nyms makes daily theater productions in a dating forum about the alleged whorish behavior of other women. They attempt to (and very unsuccessfully, here) shame women for having and enjoying lots of sex; exclaim said attractive women are too fat to deserve superior treatment; and command these women should only date miserable cheapskate drunks and whiners and never expect being treated graciously and courteously by better men.

They believe they're doing the _equal_ thing by pimping and subsidizing men, their share of the dates and sex; but complain when other more attractive, interesting, and engaging women get that share and generosity in dates, great sex (without the STDs), AND meaningful relationships.

The only thing a hag like this can expect is that what she saves for him will go to the women he really prefers.

I'm of the thinking that dinner is just dinner. (For instance, I don't wall-up when a man asks me to dinner, as I'm unafraid to say no if he makes unwanted advances toward me. If I feared men, I wouldn't date them.)

Where is this alleged demand for sex I'm allegedly giving on demand?

You sound like every horny cheapskates’ dream come true. Maybe you’ll clean up after the wet spot and drop a twenty on the nightstand before you go.

People like this pay for the dates and consider those their greatest, most equalizing dates. (To each, her own; I guess.)

They have no compunction about making excuses for cheapskate twat diggers (especially those that call quality women that reject them as gold diggers) -- heck, they would even pay their scums' mortgages, share of the household expenses, car notes, and dinners -- for relationships and sub-par sex -- and then (wrongly) accuse more attractive women of gold digging when they accept (fully-paid) dinner invitations and are treated well on those dates.

And I will continue to “call out” jealous hags who have to pay for a man’s d!ck and resent women who are treated well with gracious respect by men.
 B_Hasenpfeffer
Msg: 519
SHE pays ... with Sex
Posted: 2/29/2016 6:48:36 AM

Why do you assume that a man wouldn’t appreciate something meaningful from a woman OTHER than money?

You mean sex?? Of course men appreciate getting laid as a return on investment of dinner and drinks.

It’s hilarious how some envious azzes get so burned over the fact that there ARE men who don’t date with a calculator

Who needs a calculator, I do the arithmetic in my head.

He's picking me up tomorrow night, and he is going to pay for it all.

I love that he is a handsome, generous man who doesn't sweat a few bucks

And you didn't even let him into your panties after he paid for everything?? Or even suggested it??

we have never kissed, certainly never had sex

Not even a quickie?? He must be sick ... or not really a guy at all. Does he pee standing up??

He needs to grow some balls and make a move

He probably has to ... in the literal sense.

Some guys WANT to pay, their budget is not blown by spending a hundred bucks for a night out

I could do that, but I expect some steamy action at the end of the date.

Soon men will be saying "I've been dateless since 97.. but look at all the money I saved! Really, where does that money go?

Fun stuff.

When I worked in the Inner City the poor folk were then most generous

That's why they are poor.

Yeppers, $99.95 bill and 4 hands reaching for the nickel

I would elbow the competition for that nickel.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 520
who pays
Posted: 2/29/2016 6:52:02 AM
Nice to see the self - proclaimed "high class" women use the same insults as those they enjoy thinking of as "beneath them"..
given time, most people will reveal their true selves.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 521
who pays
Posted: 2/29/2016 7:09:19 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^Isn't that the truth!
And I will not take offence...I choose to pay for myself always.
The men I meet are not less if I pay and I am not better if they pay.
Just doesn't work that way.....I don't know why people can't get that!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 522
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 2/29/2016 7:32:48 AM

So any girl I'm having sex with, I'm assuming is going to play the field themselves. It doesn't really bother me, I guess I just don't think about it and the subject hasn't really came up.

True. I think the concept of casual dates in casual non-platonic situations with a gal will at some points lead to casual sex here and there. I think in those situations, as your last sentence suggests, is a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. However, if one does fool around with a particular gal casually but also consistently, I think another unwritten/unofficial 'rule' is not to pork other girls around the same time, unless she's given indicators that she's porking around or possibly porking around during that timeframe. Your girl living out of town though does make it an easier situation -- as it's not aimed to be a frequent endeavor anyway.

If you had a female friend who always had her meals paid for by her "friends", wouldn't she be considered a leach? If you are merely friends with this man, and he always pays, aren't you being a leach as well? ( I am not trying to be mean, just to make a comparison).

If the guy is wanting to flash his bling-bling provider capability, not so much. However, if the gal points to this guy "friend" as an ideal dating situation due to him doing so, then I think an eyebrow should be raised. If Karma's emotionally chasing the guy (which I believe she is at least to some extent), she's in an OK situation. For a few outings. But the guy is Weird if he's not going to make a physical move (kissing), even though it's understandable it wouldn't hit Right off the bat due to knowing each other for a while as friends. But if he's picking her up & Insisting on paying for dates -- he'd have to be crazy to believe the platonic barrier hasn't Already been crossed anyway. Continuing to go out on these dates in this odd/hazy manner will end up being Weirder than making a move (kiss or more) on a female friend who you took out on a 1st actual date after you two have expressed attraction before anyway.

One could say that to Karma he should just be considered merely a "guy friend" -- but not only does that not pass the litmus test as such if she had a BF and this was going on, but also he's picking her up and insisting on paying for Everything on what are labeled as Dates (and not even letting her use a military ID for discounts on anything that applies as 'two friends' going out).
 sundownertoo
Msg: 523
who pays
Posted: 2/29/2016 8:31:06 AM
Well geez Eternity, another twat heard from.

All I ever said is - dating is dating. How we date is up to us. And IN MY OPINION, just because you have a vagina you don't get a free ride. If after 10 dates, that he has paid for, you can't buy him a glass of wine and dessert...you're the cheapskate and you're entitled and you're a princess.

They believe they're doing the _equal_ thing by pimping and subsidizing men, their share of the dates and sex; but complain when other more attractive, interesting, and engaging women get that share and generosity in dates, great sex (without the STDs), AND meaningful relationships.

Did I say this? No, you're just making up shyt in your little addled aspie brain.

Where is this alleged demand for sex I'm allegedly giving on demand?

And I don't recall saying this either. More made up shyt in your addled little brain. I did make a comment about Blackwood going on two dates, the gals went Dutch and he got laid, both times. See, men don't fvck ghosts; men fvck real live women...you know, like you or me or your sister or our best friends or strangers. And when all the broads get together on her and whine that men expect sex after they paid for a meal....well, some broad is actually doing it and maybe it was you once, or me once ...but women have sex and they have sex on first dates, they have sex when they want to with strangers, virtual strangers and everything in between. For free. Cool.

I addressed this earlier. Semi disgusting. Shows your true colors as mentioned by someone else.

" People like this pay for the dates and consider those their greatest, most equalizing dates. (To each, her own; I guess.) ''

They have no compunction about making excuses for cheapskate twat diggers (especially those that call quality women that reject them as gold diggers) -- heck, they would even pay their scums' mortgages, share of the household expenses, car notes, and dinners -- for relationships and sub-par sex -- and then (wrongly) accuse more attractive women of gold digging when they accept (fully-paid) dinner invitations and are treated well on those dates.

See, that's more made up shyt. You're just reaching. You're little addled brain must work waaaayyy different than the rest of us because I have no idea where you come up with this shyt.

So how is all this pretentious entitled princess stuff working for you? Still single. I remember the one guy a year or so ago when you were so in love and deleted and move in together or whatever. Anyway, you were back quite quickly, within the month all in a rage and hating on anyone with a penis in the forums. Everyone was a "broken bottle" or "low hanging fruit". What a twat you were, or twatwaffle, I'll work on the twatwaffle thing. Anyway, you were such a joy after you were dumped. Then you had the disabled guy and you were all about how wonderful YOU were taking on this brilliant disabled guy. How'd that go? Did he put a ring on it? Wouldn't pay for the ring? Hell, just tired of paying? Dumped you too? So please, you ain't perfect, you're just like me and every other woman on POF, on your street, in your town....you're just ordinary.

And just so you know, I've never paid for a first date either. I have never done Dutch treat. But I have opened my wallet on the 6th or 7th date and paid for lunch or a movie ticket or a glass of wine. And, I'll cook too. Nothing I like better than two playing in the kitchen where were both drinking wine, chatting, chopping and creating. But then, I'm not a pretentious, entitled princess that figures the dating world owes her because she has a vagina.

Hang in there precious, you'll find your prince.
 Aprilovesrosasblancas
Msg: 524
who pays
Posted: 2/29/2016 8:57:30 AM

you're just like me and every other woman on POF And just so you know, I've never paid for a first date either.

profile:....56 year old Male, 6' 3" (191cm), Non-religious.

^
?
Is this Bruce..... or........... "Caitlyn ."..:)
 Stellan77
Msg: 525
who pays
Posted: 2/29/2016 8:59:01 AM
If somebody invites you to have dinner at your home it's not good manners to show up empty-handed, with out even a good bottle of wine as a gift. If somebody invites you dinner, is expecting them to pay for you good manners as well?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 526
who pays
Posted: 2/29/2016 5:00:12 PM
Funny! What a great idea
I invite you out for dinner, to have it at YOUR home.
Good manners has gone the way of common sense and proofreading
 Stellan77
Msg: 527
who pays
Posted: 2/29/2016 6:23:25 PM
^^^ What constitutes good manners varies with how people were brought up and may be culturally conditioned. In nothern Europe- Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, it is considered good manners to "go Dutch." Just because it's different from North American standards doesn't mean what they are doing is wrong.
 salty_blumist
Msg: 528
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 2/29/2016 6:50:44 PM
markmywords,

How could you be such a sucker? So I take it you haven't yet learned that if a woman is into you, you shouldn't have to spend a cent on her. And spoiling them likely won't make any difference, especially with ingrates like her. She obviously has a strong sense of entitlement. She thinks she's gods gift to men. And it should have been obvious after two dates with her that money is what matters more to her than anything. She didn't deserve any further attention. Jeez, after reading your query I'm begining to think I'm not so gullable as I once thought since I've often paid on first dates as well, but if a woman doesn't seem to care about money at all, or makes issue of money, I more less give up on them.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 529
who pays
Posted: 3/1/2016 7:19:49 AM
yes there is that possibility..some women may think less of, & lose respect for, a man who apparently believes the only or main thing he brings to the table is money or that ability/willingness to always pay for everything..

meanwhile she will start banging the "hot" but impecunious pool boy , etc. who does not pay for everything, who KNOWS that he has more than just a wallet to offer women..
 browneyesboo
Msg: 530
who pays
Posted: 3/1/2016 9:28:53 AM
I still think most of this nimcompoopery is trademarked POF.
I've not had an issue in real life.
I offer to pay, I don't pay...I pick up the tab the next time.
In a relationship, we share and take turns.
I don't get the big deal.

Maybe POFishers are going on tons of dates and ALWAYS
paying or NEVER offering to pay and people are getting pissy.
I dunno.

This just hasn't been my experience.
Especially IRL.

I don't think someone has to spend money on me to impress me
or make me feel special.

I'm not easily impressed and I'm already special...to the people that
count in my life.
 Aprilovesrosasblancas
Msg: 531
who pays
Posted: 3/1/2016 9:41:57 AM
@ msg 542

Is that what you would do if you were a woman?
It is against the law to bang people.
I think that " hot pool boy" will call the police if she bang him.
 Coma_White
Msg: 532
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 3/1/2016 1:08:34 PM

I still think most of this nimcompoopery is trademarked POF.
I've not had an issue in real life.
I offer to pay, I don't pay...I pick up the tab the next time.
In a relationship, we share and take turns.
I don't get the big deal.

I know, it's silly. I've done my fair share of dating and making random friends from the internet and paying for dinner has never been an issue. Most guys aren't going to feel like someone it taking advantage of them if they pay for the first date, but I would be worried too if someone complained about paying for themselves on the tenth date. You can easily tell the difference between people that want a free ride and people that are responsible. You don't need a degree in psychology to figure that out.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 533
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 3/1/2016 5:25:38 PM
whisky river

How often do the guys insist on picking up the bill when you offer your share? In my experience most do.
They feel it is the gentlemanly thing to do.

I watched a programme called First Dates and the guy asked upfront whether he was going to foot the whole dinner bill or was the girl going to pay her share? It was a first meet set up by the t.v. programme but she looked at him like he was scum and was outraged at the idea of going dutch. So some women feel entitled just because they are female.
She may well have been earning as much or more than he and really if she wants equal treatment, it should extend to first meets IMO.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >