Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kj521
Msg: 634
who paysPage 26 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
Relax gentlemen! No need to get your knockers in a twist.

Based upon my observations of the younger generations dating rituals....there appears to be no set rules...neither traditional nor non. It's just whatever. :)

You can take heart in the fact that the " selectively traditional" women such as myself....will pushing our walkers up and down the corridors of the nursing home still looking for a man to pay for our dinner in the dining hall. And it won't even register that meals are included in the monthly fee. :/

We all age out. :D
 Maleman999
Msg: 635
who pays
Posted: 3/8/2016 4:45:20 AM

Msg 646, homemakerwoman:

I've taken a woman on ten dates over a period of five weeks. None of the dates were expensive ($20-$70) but she has never offered to chip in or pay. I brought this up after date ten and she took offense, said it was too soon for me to start complaining. My question: How many dates should a man pay for before the woman contributes? And when is it appropriate to bring it up? Thanks all.
---------------------------------------
She allowed you to be a man.

So says the woman whose profile states that she needs a man to help her pay bills. What guy won't jump at that dating opportunity to prove that he's a man?
 woodnymph4
Msg: 636
who pays
Posted: 3/8/2016 5:26:33 AM
A come on you two guys above....this little lady is just wanting a "traditional" relationship with a man.

Kind of pathetic isn't it?

"Traditional". Thats funny. And I think Llovetolaugh nailed it.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 637
who pays
Posted: 3/8/2016 5:27:51 AM
Karma and a few others are stating their expectations when it comes to dating - some people here going to burst a vessel.
And to Marktherunner - hardly. But IDK, maybe you the expert
 geekgrrrl
Msg: 638
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 3/8/2016 5:39:17 AM
Oh come on we all know whats wrong with these guys. The closest they've gotten to pu$$y is when one of their 14 cats jumped on their laps. Is it any surprise they are so angry?
 woodnymph4
Msg: 639
who pays
Posted: 3/8/2016 5:46:05 AM
That's rude, most of the guys posting on here seem pleasant enough. They have an opinion, just like you. And they haven't made mention of your old puzzy. And why are you so angry? You seem just as angry as some people of them. You haven't been laid in awhile either?
 geekgrrrl
Msg: 640
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 3/8/2016 6:09:29 AM
^^^ I know you are but what am I? Can I buy you a meal or pay for your coffee girly man?
 Cdan1957
Msg: 641
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 3/8/2016 6:15:39 AM
This thread really took off didn't it? Jellyfish, Sea Horses and throwing poop.

Personally I always assumed I was paying, never really thought about it. However, was always impressed when a date offered. To me it was a big plus as to who they are. My girlfriend will randomly say "my turn" in the beginning I would resist but after a while I just say Ok.

The one time that irritated me was when I was on a date (different person) and we decided after dinner (I paid) to get ice cream, The bill was like 5 or 6 bucks, my cash was used up and I really didn't want to charge 6 bucks so I ask "got any cash?" The look I got basically killed the relationship.

To me it was never about the money. People who have a sense of entitlement, for what ever reason, have always turned me off. A women that "expects" to have her dinner paid for every time? No thanks. I have never asked a woman to pay but have always sensed if she felt she was entitled to it.
 south_city
Msg: 642
who pays
Posted: 3/8/2016 6:25:59 AM

Karma and a few others are stating their expectations when it comes to dating - some people here going to burst a vessel.

People with different viewpoints are allowed to state their opinions as well. From what I have seen, it's largely the "traditional" women that have been hurling insults. Including a woman that assumed men ( with different viewpoints than her ) haven't had sex in a long time.
 woodnymph4
Msg: 643
who pays
Posted: 3/8/2016 6:29:58 AM
"I know you are but what am I?" Well, you might not want me to tell you, lol.

It's International Women's Day . It's nice to know that a whole pile of women marched, burned their bras for us. A bunch more went against the grain to get us the vote. Thousands more worked to get us educated and equality in the job market. We can now die for out country. And some are still "traditional" and put a price tag on themselves and basically sell out to the highest bidder.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 644
who pays
Posted: 3/8/2016 6:44:44 AM
I'd sell out for a pizza this morning.
South City - my point was that we can argue til the cows return to the barn - but people aren't going to change their minds. Nor anyone's elses.
When I dated before getting married I think they bought me a coke :)
 kj521
Msg: 645
who pays
Posted: 3/8/2016 6:47:11 AM
And dang it....I think I've over priced myself! Not my fault! How was I suppose to know what the market could bear? I hadn't been paying attention!

Oh the horror! I'm gonna have to slash my price and be a....gasp....sale item. :/

Okay...just having a little fun. Everybody just date the way that works for you. It's all good! :)

Good reminder Ms. Woodnymph!
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 646
who pays
Posted: 3/8/2016 6:49:07 AM
I'm anything but traditional. I date younger men, which is not traditional. But I also like manly men, and having a man take charge and pay is one of the things I find manly. I also find being in shape manly, confidence is manly, etc. Those are my preferences that get me excited to be with a man. And that is the only reason I'm with a man, otherwise I might as well just hang out with my girlfriends. Heck, even my FWB and younger dudes with shitty jobs pay when we go out. One guy even took on an extra job so he could take me out. He told me afterwards, and I thought that was super sweet. I paid the next time we went out BTW, even though he did not like it.

If I go on a date with a guy and he wants to split the check with me, I will pay my portion with a smile and most likely never go out with him again. That's my choice, and he can also decide to not see me again for whatever reason. It's all good.
 south_city
Msg: 647
who pays
Posted: 3/8/2016 7:10:32 AM

South City - my point was that we can argue til the cows return to the barn - but people aren't going to change their minds. Nor anyone's elses.

You never know. A few times I changed my mind about a topic based on what someone else said. Maybe someone that is reading ( not necessarily an active participant ) this thread ( or any other thread for that matter ) agreed with something I said and changed their viewpoint.

I'm anything but traditional. I date younger men, which is not traditional.

I was referring to "traditional" in terms of who should pay for a date.
 Maleman999
Msg: 648
who pays
Posted: 3/8/2016 7:32:35 AM

One guy even took on an extra job so he could take me out.

And you're proud of that? I'm speechless. Where is he now?
 Cdan1957
Msg: 649
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 3/8/2016 7:43:38 AM
^^^ actually she thought it was super sweet. Some people have huge egos and are in need of the constant stroking that inflated egos often require. The more hoops that a person goes through to impress them the better they like it. The adversity that the person must go through to jump through those hoops is of little concern.
 woodnymph4
Msg: 650
who pays
Posted: 3/8/2016 7:54:34 AM

And you're proud of that? I'm speechless.

I thought the same thing.

Odd, when I think of "traditional" I think of June Cleaver. Who knew "traditional" meant FWB, banging who ever you want, dating younger and having the men pay. Somehow I can't imagine June Cleaver doing that, or my mother or me or my daughter...and I'm going to have a chat with my grand daughter when the time comes.
 JaiNai2
Msg: 651
who pays
Posted: 3/8/2016 8:19:24 AM
If I'm in a relationship, my take is that a gentleman always pays. Some of the men I've been in relationships with would have been insulted if I had offered to pay. If a man can't afford to pay, when in a relationship, maybe he should not be in one. Seems to me that 10 dates equals a relationship. They should have had the conversation about how it would go, by now.

However, when it is just dating, which is what I do mostly now, I prefer to pay my own way. Some men are retired, on a fixed income, may not be getting as much on their retirement as I do, and I actually would not want them to have to pay for me. Dating is expensive, so why should a man pay when I get as much enjoyment out of the date as he does? If he insists on paying, that's fine, as long as he realizes that it does not make me obligated to him in any way.
 2ufo
Msg: 652
who pays
Posted: 3/8/2016 8:20:15 AM

I was referring to "traditional" in terms of who should pay for a date.

There's the crux of the matter.
Definition.

Traditional as in:
June Cleaver traditional
man pays for dates traditional
stay-at-home mom traditional
woman wears dress/man sports jacket traditional
glass ceiling traditional
gender traditional
SMBD traditional
????
Wot tha 'ell is traditional?
(rhetorical question there, I KNOW what's traditional! LOL!)
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 653
who pays
Posted: 3/8/2016 8:39:52 AM
LOL I'm gonna step in the middle of this here"discussion" and interrupt for a second.

They should have had the conversation about how it would go, by now.

To JaiNai, I like the way you think, I admire your courage to be here, be seen here, and speak your mind. You go girl!
Ok, now back to the regularly scheduled program.
 NYCKOSI
Msg: 654
who pays
Posted: 3/8/2016 9:05:44 AM
After so many dates she atleast should have offered.
Here is a question: did she ever invited you out on a date? If yes, and you ended paying for it. is time to cut your losses short and cut her out.

Here is a small story of what happened to me: I went out on a date with this woman 3 times. I payed for it all three times. To make a long story short, I'll jump on the 3rd date. I took her out on a German dinner and dance. The restaurant also had a dance floor. Anyway after dinner we went to dance. During the dance she mentioned when was in a mood of a glass of wine. She went to the bar and bought herself a glass of wine. Here is the catch, she did not asked me if I wanted anything or offered anything. Note that I paid for dinner and dance. I did not say anything. I thought let this night go and after this night is over is over. She still wants to know why I ended. A woman at her 50s she should know.

I have met another lady that I'm seeing now. She insisted of splitting the bill where we go. She does makes way more than me and she knows it. So far all going well. She said to me is not about money is about fairness and being equal and honest with each other.

Mark, I'm sure you can find someone better. If things from the start don't look good, run.
 NYCKOSI
Msg: 655
who pays
Posted: 3/8/2016 9:11:04 AM
GeekGrrrr, it seems you an issue getting a puppy
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 656
who pays
Posted: 3/8/2016 9:17:50 AM

How much does a doormat earn?

Doesn't sound manly to me...
 geekgrrrl
Msg: 657
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 3/8/2016 9:31:28 AM
Nyckosi said:
GeekGrrrr, it seems you an issue getting a puppy

What happened here? Did babelfish or google translator fail you? Are you one of those who types "I will like to know you?" No I won't wire you any money...lol
 cooldog65
Msg: 658
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 3/8/2016 9:48:39 AM
I'm attracted to dark and yummy ladies...

So sue me!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >