Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ouija2025
Msg: 945
who paysPage 38 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
They send me money so I can shop on line?
ok, bad guess
They send me money cause I have freckles?
Men way younger than 60 have issues, don't think there is a 60s Portal of doom
Could be wrong
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 946
who pays
Posted: 3/22/2016 5:59:21 PM
"the food bill alone will likely be enormous for someone who eats constantly"

I'm sure the fear of the bill would be nothing compared to the fear of being crushed to death if she rolled on top of him during the night !
 cooldog65
Msg: 947
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 3/22/2016 6:27:57 PM
^^^^^ There's a fetish for that. It's called "squashing" or "crushing". Not my thing...
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 948
who pays
Posted: 3/22/2016 7:25:03 PM

meaning they pay her less money than a normal white person.

Do they pay her more money than an ABNORMAL white person?
 Aprilovesrosasblancas
Msg: 949
who pays
Posted: 3/22/2016 7:55:14 PM

Do they pay her more money than an ABNORMAL white person?

No, they pay her less money than an "abnormal" white person.:):)
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 950
who pays
Posted: 3/23/2016 6:47:42 AM
My dad wore a chain wallet.

Ain't nobody takin' it.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 951
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 3/23/2016 7:15:59 AM

It's not same, because going By your pics your wife is a lot younger than you and different race, meaning they pay her less money than a normal white person.

She is young compared with "her husband", we all know what happens with men after 60, and we all know what happen with women in the 40's .....lol

Not sure what you mean, over 60 we get social security, senior discounts and free health care?

What happens to women over 40? perimenopause? menopause?

You are over 40, what happened to you, maybe I can use your experience as a guide on what to expect?

Not sure about your country, but in the USA, it's against the law to have different pay scales based on race, so White, Hispanic, Black, Asian all get paid the same.
 cassie2425
Msg: 952
who pays
Posted: 3/23/2016 7:43:08 AM
^^^ Msg. 958. Dragon, didn't you find that whole post slightly insulting? I did. Especially this -

I hope she wakes up soon...and.........leaves.........and...... finds a man same age as her, have kids and a normal family.!

I will say, I have never heard Dragon mention anything but respect for his wife.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 953
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 3/23/2016 7:52:05 AM
Dragon is way too classy to engage in futile arguments about stupid ad hominem attacks.
 Chromis1
Msg: 954
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 3/23/2016 7:57:33 AM

Msg: 958
we all know what happens with men after 60

I am turning 60 in two weeks, can you share with us what happens to men after 60? I don't know what you are talking about.

I'll be 60 in two months. Please, I need to know, too. If it has anything to do with revising my durable power of attorney or medical directive, the sooner I know, the better.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 955
who pays
Posted: 3/23/2016 8:06:25 AM
"Msg. 958. Dragon, didn't you find that whole post slightly insulting? I did "

But...but....the person who wrote it is a CATHOLIC so surely she didn't mean to be insulting - aren't CATHOLICS supposed to love their neighbor and all that jazz ?

Then again, I have known one or two Religious people who don't feel the need to even TRY to behave like they're religion preaches them to . I guess they figure simply going to church and having it all go in one ear and out the other is enough ? Yeah, that must be it.
 Chromis1
Msg: 956
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 3/23/2016 8:24:59 AM

But...but....the person who wrote it is a CATHOLIC so surely she didn't mean to be insulting - aren't CATHOLICS supposed to love their neighbor and all that jazz ?

Geez, Chuck, we've covered this matter how many times?? Catholics are supposed to SUFFER. So, obviously, that was the purpose of the post ... to endure the suffering that was guaranteed to follow.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 957
who pays
Posted: 3/23/2016 8:31:19 AM
"Geez, Chuck, we've covered this matter how many times?? Catholics are supposed to SUFFER"

They are ???????

Geez, why would anyone want to be a Catholic then ?

Is " catholic " a synonym for masochist ?

Forgive my ignorance, I wasn't raised on religion.....and believe it or not .... I don't feel one bit bad about it.

Go figure.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 958
who pays
Posted: 3/23/2016 8:31:34 AM
Chromis - I already have suggested what befalls a man after 59 years and 364 days.
If catholics suffer I must be one not knowing it.
Normal person. Interesting concept/ Reads like white the new normal
 Chromis1
Msg: 959
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 3/23/2016 8:38:49 AM
^^^^ Let me figure out the tax dodge I can use here, first. Western Union ok?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 960
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 3/23/2016 10:06:52 AM

Going back to Steve Harvey .... I simply agree with what he has put forward in his book.

Well, people will refer to Harvey because he'll make "common sense" statements to put people "on the right track" that's respected out there (and has his own talk show, books). Even though he's capable of that... the statement you quoted of his isn't common sense, and is idiotic with no logical basis, and shouldn't be respected.

My father presented the fact that a woman should be able to fend for herself and not depend on a man, that that is the reason to acquire education and embark on a career.

I respect that of course. But...

He paid all the bills, he provided for all my siblings, we went out every weekend, and he bought my mom gifts. mainly jewelry, a car, perfume, flowers, etc.

... being the sole provider for everyone including her, and (indirectly) teaching her to fish wasn't to be independent, but having an ability to be independent if/when not having a sole provider. That's different than not depending on a guy financially when with one.

My boyfriend will be moving in with me in a few months and we already discussed who is taking care of what. So he essentially agreed to take care of all household expenses, and for me to focus on paying down my debt.

Well, you're not even married, so he's going to pay for your rent, groceries, utilities, etc -- so you can pay down your debt faster? Sounds Whipped. Living with someone as opposed to alone would cut down rent & household expenses fair and square by itself -- but covering everything to pay off debt? Do you at least buy him the leather gimp mask with an apple in the mouth -- or he does he have to pay for that? ;)

Some people have managed to be so stupid, they are smart. Look at Kim Kardashian and her whole family, look at Paris Hilton, etc. Stupid as f*ck and make money out of making people think they are actually stupid.

But that's not him. He's not making money off being stupid/whipped -- unless a reality show is being made out of this, called "Whipped" which would cover all the expenses he'd be paying anyway. A total mismatch comparison.

"If you cannot dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullsh*t"

I guess that's a good line to go by if one's aim is to get a whipping boy! :)

Now young women are making more than young men, so for those under 30 it's understandable why men feel women should contribute at least 50% of the expense.

Yes, good statistics to point out to those wanting to justify the Cultural imbalance of paying for dates. To at least help try and lessen the "I Deserve" mentality. But unfortunately, everyone knows full well that there's many women making enough money to make ends meet, and not every gal on the dating field has a $9/hr job at 711 raising 3 kids. In the end, it's a "just because" justification -- because in the end, there's a majority of guys who will err on the side of paying for most everything, even when they themselves aren't the greatest fans of doing so when they think about it.
 Aprilovesrosasblancas
Msg: 962
who pays
Posted: 3/23/2016 11:33:49 AM

But...but...the person who wrote it is a CATHOLIC so surely she didn't mean to be insulting - aren't CATHOLICS supposed to love their neighbor and all that jazz ?

You touched my wrong side with that "malicious comment.

First, I want you to know that I do not care what you think of me or about your malicious comments about me, or about your post, never read them...But...this time I will answer you.

Yes, I am a CATHOLIC ...SO? what do you mean by that comment?
Maybe you think that just because I am a believer I should hide and be quiet about my rights or the right of others.?
Or...maybe you think that because I am a believer I have no right to defend what I think is right and criticize what I think is wrong?
Or...maybe you think that because I am a believer I should behave as stupid? And allow others to do or say whatever?
Is that what you mean by stating, "She is a Catholic"?

I want you to learn this and learn it right:

Not because a person is a believer should behave as stupid and let others step on their rights or the rights of others and be quiet about it.
We believers must act with fairness in life and do good, but also we have been taught to never be quiet and defend ourselves from whatever way of acting we see or notice that is wrong against us or others!

*Right now I am just defending myself from your malicious comment.

NOW, about my comment on the person who asks his wife to pay His CC debt, I would not change anything I said, because what I wrote is what I think.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

=============================================================
About the " normal" abnormal" word.
it was a typo.
I should have written "white person" only.
fullmoon got it, and that's why I posted back making fun of myself.

Nth_degree1111
Msg: 963
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 3/23/2016 11:36:39 AM
Man, you're a shrew!
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 964
who pays
Posted: 3/23/2016 11:51:35 AM
If a problem (man) comes along, you must whip it! Whip it good!

old Devo song..most women likely end up having less/no respect for a guy so easily whipped..
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 965
who pays
Posted: 3/23/2016 11:54:51 AM

the statement you quoted of his isn't common sense, and is idiotic with no logical basis, and shouldn't be respected.

Common sense is not common.

... being the sole provider for everyone including her, and (indirectly) teaching her to fish wasn't to be independent, but having an ability to be independent if/when not having a sole provider. That's different than not depending on a guy financially when with one.

It's about having choices. She had the choice of staying with him if she wanted to, or leave him since she could support herself.

Same as when she was with my biological father, he didn't pay for anything in the house, because his priority was to have a car, go party, gamble, etc. So she paid all the bills and supported 3 kids, she worked at a factory and she'd bring work home. I spent many nights enjoying the smell of sewing machine oil, helping my mom cut the loose threads, taking thread from a bigger dispenser and rolling into smaller rolls for the sewing machine, laying on top of her beautiful creations (jeans, dresses, shirts, skirts, baby clothes, swimsuits, etc). It was a lot of fun.

She could have stayed in that situation, of supporting a household, raising children, with no assistance from my biological father, so she could change her situation. My bio father was under the impression that if he got my mother pregnant a few times, she wouldn't go anywhere, and no one else would be interested in her. My mom has always been an entrepreneur, she used to sow, make goodies to sell, and sell things for others, back in her home country, my mother is no stranger to work (as am I).

I don't believe that men are attracted to women who cannot fend for themselves, unless their aim is precisely to have a woman fully dependent on him, which I consider the root of an abusive relationship potential.

So my mom met my father (stepdad, the man who raised me from 4 years of age and on), who I consider my father because he was a father to me. When they met, he knew the deal, he knew her situation. He understood the whole scope of it all (and he was much older than her), and so he made her an offer she couldn't refuse, lol. He offered to cover all expenses, pay all bills, support all children (with no income tax break at the end of the year), and take her out of the workforce so she can decide what she wants to do in life should she want to embark in something else. And that's what they did. My mom went to school, took classes in arts and crafts she wanted to do, he bought everything she needed to build her business from home, even assisted her with the tasks, even after coming home from work dead tire.

He could have simply been in it for his own interest, but he was much more to her, to my siblings and I. He was an exemplar husband, a great father, and overall a great man. The way in which they set up everything was for the growth of every individual in the home, to make a whole. By taking the load off of her, she was able to do what she really wanted to do, which was to start her own business. I am who I am because of him, directly and indirectly.

Well, you're not even married, so he's going to pay for your rent, groceries, utilities, etc -- so you can pay down your debt faster? Sounds Whipped. Living with someone as opposed to alone would cut down rent & household expenses fair and square by itself -- but covering everything to pay off debt? Do you at least buy him the leather gimp mask with an apple in the mouth -- or he does he have to pay for that? ;)

I think we're gonna have a conflict in philosophical worldviews, like my boyfriend would say. I don't believe in a fixed order of events, not in that respect at least. I don't need to be married to live with someone, I'm actually stepping way out of my comfort zone, as I've never lived with anyone, and he would be the first.

Think about it this way, if he were to get his own apartment (like he's planning to do), he would have to pay for everything in that household unless he gets a roommate. At this time, he is living in his cousin's apt as he just moved to NYC from another state, and the agreement is until June. He had set up to move to FL in June, and that offer is still available, but guess what? he met me, lol.

He had already set up things in his life the way he wanted them to roll, the same as I had set up my life and was contemplating going into aviation engineering and working for Boeing or the Navy or Air Force. Being that we met each other, we are compromising and figuring how to make everything happen, so we both get what we want. I'm willing to move to another state, as that's part of his life plan, but I need a year in order to maneuver all that I'm involved with in NYC. There is nothing keeping him in NYC, other than me, he only needs a computer and internet connection to do this job. I set up my entire life in NYC, but I can do what I do anywhere else too, cars are driven in every state, classes are taught in any university, and social service agencies are part of any state.

I'm the one who needs a year, so he can either get his own apartment, or he can move in with me for the year that I need to figure everything out. We have a couple of months before solidifying either decision. His goal is for us to live together, as that's what he's used to in relationships, he's not into LATS (I am). I'm willing to give it a try, and it seems logical that we start out living together if the goal is that we live together in another state.

He doesn't need anything from me other than my presence, straight from the horse's mouth.

But that's not him. He's not making money off being stupid/whipped -- unless a reality show is being made out of this, called "Whipped" which would cover all the expenses he'd be paying anyway. A total mismatch comparison.

The point totally flew over your head.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 966
who pays
Posted: 3/23/2016 12:33:00 PM
“Yes, I am a CATHOLIC ...SO?”

EXACTLY – SO ?
As in, aren't you actually supposed to CONDUCT yourself in a certain way according to your beliefs ?
Apparently not.

I guess you’re not a “ PRACTISING “ Catholic ?

It’s just a LABEL in your case, eh ?

There’s 2 kinds of religious people :

1. The ones who actually take their religion seriously and care about representing their religion in an admirable way, the way they’re SUPPOSED TO .
2. The ones who refer to themselves by a name of a religion but you’d never know it otherwise since their behavior is just as bad if not WORSE than non religious people

Your “ SO ? “ comment reveals you’re in the latter category.

“Maybe you think that just because I am a believer I should hide and be quiet about my rights or the right of others.? “

No , I think that you would make an effort to not be JUDGMENTAL and/or write UNPROVOKED UNKIND words like this :

I hope she wakes up soon...and.........leaves.........and...... finds a man same age as her, have kids and a normal family.!

I mean seriously ?
Was that necessary ?
Would JESUS approve ?
Do you even care ?
I suppose you think your comment somehow WASN'T malicious ?????

“maybe you think that because I am a believer I should behave as stupid? “

No, you should STOP behaving stupidly.

“And allow others to do or say whatever?”

Does “ turn the other cheek “ ring a bell ?

Or is that a different religion ?
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 967
who pays
Posted: 3/23/2016 12:46:35 PM

genuine congratulations Belle, I hope this really works for you.

Thanks, it is much appreciated.

When I saw you post about moving in together I fleetingly thought it may be too soon but now I see the post above and I see you have your head screwed on.

Well, you know how it is, you can't say everything at once, or every post becomes a novel. Piece by piece completes the picture. And thanks.

Living with someone can be daunting if you're completely comfortable living alone but boy do the positives outweigh any negatives if the relationship is a strong and good one.

You know they say that if you continue to do what you're doing, you're gonna get the same results? Well, I'm going to try something different, and such will hopefully lead to positive results.

I am completely comfortable living alone and I've done so for 9-10 years now, and it was a big adjustment when my mom moved in, here and there for 1-2 years at a time. I'm a little used to having someone in the same household at the same time as myself, and making conversation, as socially awkward as that may sound.

I figure if things aren't going to work out, I rather know sooner than later. After all, neither of us have anything to lose. If it doesn't work out, he can live anywhere in the world and do this job, and I can just stay in NYC in my apt and continue doing what I'm doing. Neither of us would be a lost, so it all looks good from my vantage point.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 968
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 3/23/2016 1:53:34 PM

Common sense is not common.

It certainly can be. And sometimes it needs someone like a figure to remind people of it, as it may not be commonly remembered. But yes, sometimes common sense isn't not just so commonly remembered, but commonly known in the first place. But sometimes people preach something like it is common sense when it's not, which is what I'm referring to the Harvey quote.

It's about having choices. She had the choice of staying with him if she wanted to, or leave him since she could support herself.

But that means Potentially independent. Having a back-pocket option does Not mean you are Actively Independent, but Potentially independent when need be. Many people are Actively Dependent on someone, even though, they could leave them and get up on their own, etc. (or even be dependent on someone else). If someone's Riding off someone else, they're actively dependent on them. Which, trust in a marriage should allow either party to be dependent on the other at given times (ex: having & taking care of / raising kids, dependent on what the other brings in).

With a degree or training in a job that would be able to support oneself, that alone doesn't make on Independent until they're Actively utilizing it to be Financially Independent. If said person is actively utilizing it though, they could still be Dependent on the other person based on what they do (gambling all their own earned money at the casino; living off the other's).

I don't believe that men are attracted to women who cannot fend for themselves, unless their aim is precisely to have a woman fully dependent on him, which I consider the root of an abusive relationship potential.

If you mean by fend for themselves meaning having the ability to at least have a job and pay for her own goodies here and there, I agree. But by many people's standards, that alone isn't fending for themselves as a solo, Independent person -- that'd be a bigger thing. There's unfortunately too many guys who prefer a woman to do "be a woman" and not have a career (ie be able to support herself/fend-for-herself), just like he believes paying for all dates no matter what is a man "being a man".

I don't believe in a fixed order of events, not in that respect at least. I don't need to be married to live with someone, I'm actually stepping way out of my comfort zone, as I've never lived with anyone, and he would be the first.

You don't need to be married to live with someone, and wasn't implying that or any worldview. I was pointing out that when married, your finances mesh by default and split when divorced... but when not married you're not sharing from the same pot (although you can simulate it; which isn't quite the same). But more importantly, the main point, there's a difference between supporting someone you're Already Settled Down With (married) as she's having/raising the kids vs supporting a GF you're just moving in with.

He doesn't need anything from me other than my presence, straight from the horse's mouth.

People who are whipped are, at least to some degree, voluntarily whipped as they see things thru a different lens. I understand -- he's planning on paying for his own apt & living expenses, so basically he's not losing out on any $$ if he just moves in with you and pays for everything. Well, he's not getting the same thing as a whole place to himself, but his tastes don't mind (and prefers) -- even though he doesn't even need to be in NYC.

Some guys are willing to be whipped to get (or keep) a girl -- and they can be content about it. They make sitcoms about it. Sometimes it's somewhat harmless (see show Home Improvement), and sometimes it's not harmless and too much. But I guess if a guy is making has his girl whipped, as long as she likes it, it's cool, right? ;) I'm certainly not going to get anal about it, but my point is that one's current comfort zone isn't The measuring stick as to whether there's an imbalance. But if they are just-fine, it certainly gives things more leeway/room on the issue. However, the main point is -- it doesn't mean it's universally a Good Thing because a particular person can be just-fine with something.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 969
who pays
Posted: 3/23/2016 2:12:47 PM
You just like to read way into things, and that's fine.

I was not making an argument for someone being independent, I'm making an argument about having choices and not dependent by default.

As with everything, a relationship is something that takes place between two people, and both have to be satisfied and in agreement with what is or not taking place. There's no room for 3rd people who want to be the director in other people's relationships.
 Aprilovesrosasblancas
Msg: 970
who pays
Posted: 3/23/2016 2:37:44 PM

Your “ SO ? “ comment reveals you’re in the latter category.

My "so" comment means = you are entitled to think whatever you want.

My " so " comment also means = You will not silence me by making sarcastic remarks comparing my personal beliefs and comments.

This is a free forum where each one has the right to express their views / opinions about any topic in an honest clear way.
many will hate it and many won't care..that is the way it is..when I do not like someone's ....I ignore that person.

I will keep posting my views the way I want to express them, not the way YOU dictate me to.
Please Stop trying to control me with your passive aggressive comments...These tactic will not work, not now not ever, do you understand that?

I am not disrespecting anyone, in my vocabulary is not and never will be the "S" or "F" word, I do not swear either.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >