Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 analovesprincesses
Msg: 1046
who paysPage 42 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)

Smart women marched & worked very hard so that we would have rights!

Resident marcher marches in neo-Nazi parades.

She can join Hitler's timeless failure of a cause...and do as her "hero" did
in the F├╝hrer bunker on April 30, 1945.
 cassie2425
Msg: 1047
who pays
Posted: 3/26/2016 9:16:38 AM
Who are you referring to? Are you saying BA is a new-Nazi? That's a stretch, even for you.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 1048
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 3/26/2016 1:46:54 PM

How is it a 'mutual' interest to want an adventure date - in case the other person is boring?

Because both parties can still have a reasonably entertaining time if the other person is off-key/boring/etc. It doesn't play an anti-role in mutual interest. Whether it's the 1st date or 100th date, it's only of mutual interest if both people like the selected 'adventure' setting (like D&B).

but your ARE stepping into it with a stranger, and depending on how little personal contact and conversation you have during the activity, you may know very little about them even after you complete said activity.

Well, a lot of the time you at least have a general feel of their likes/dislikes when you've chatted, especially when conjuring up ideas for a date. Obviously an adventure date doesn't mean from walking in to walking out you're riding on a ride or in an arcade. You can sit down and eat and mingle/talk, etc -- and then later do the adventure stuff -- or start it with the adventure stuff to break the ice, then sit down to mingle/talk for a long while.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 1049
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 3/27/2016 8:47:15 AM
What I really want to know!

Is there a creative way to make this tax deductible?
 analovesprincesses
Msg: 1050
who pays
Posted: 3/28/2016 5:04:30 AM

Who are you referring to? Are you saying BA is a new-Nazi?

You're terminally addicted to deflecting, Rottenf├╝hrer.
 cassie2425
Msg: 1051
who pays
Posted: 3/28/2016 6:04:48 AM
Geez Eternityisboring, I had to actually use Google on that word, Rottenfuhrer. I think you need meds. And I still don't think BA is a neo-Nazi. I believe her family is from proud Polish stock ( don't quote me) and Poland had a terrible history with the Nazi.
 Angel_Feet_Hurt
Msg: 1052
who pays
Posted: 3/29/2016 6:23:12 AM

I still don't think BA is a neo-Nazi. I believe her family is from proud Polish stock ( don't quote me) and Poland had a terrible history with the Nazi.

Cassie, I think Mr. PrincessLover was calling you the Nazi, for (IMO) trying to impose your one size fits all feminism philosophies on other women.
 cassie2425
Msg: 1053
who pays
Posted: 3/29/2016 8:22:00 AM
I don't know why Eternityisboring (we both know who that profile belongs to) would call someone a Nazi over someone's views. My views aren't even feminist views, they are the views of human being. A human being that doesn't think that just because you have a vagina the world should fall over backwards for you. And if you want to call me a Nazi for thinking that women shouldn't whore themselves out...so be it. I've listened to her and a few other rant on about how they earned every diamond in their ring, how they ruined themselves to be an "incubator" for their husband, she is a "quality" woman, she is worth it, she is special, etc. How I look at it is - a man took her on, she had a child from a previous relationship so he not only supported her, but her child. Then they had another child before their relationship ended (for whatever reason, who cares). So now we have angry lady that figures that just because she is attractive and has a vagina and can bake a cookie with her little hands...the man owes her not only lunch but the world. So, IMO, if she or others put a price tag on their vaginas, go for it, do whatever works for you. But don't friggin sugar coat it as "I'm worth it" because it still boils down to you're whoring yourself out.

And I'll tell you another thing, Eternityisboring is the first one to scream with any perceived injustice and is a full on feminist. She just picks and chooses what suits her. Women marched for that too in the 60s and 70s.
 2ufo
Msg: 1054
who pays
Posted: 3/29/2016 2:02:10 PM
I'm a full on feminist.
I firmly believe that women and men should have equal pay for equal/equivalent jobs.
I firmly believe that women and men should have equal access to equal/equivalent services.
I'm not sure how this should be implemented.
I'm far too lazy to care about name-calling injustices on the forums.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 1055
who pays
Posted: 3/29/2016 5:19:57 PM
Apparently no one on POF pays.. they sit and fight battle long and lost.
If only people could use the term feminist correctly that would be great
Maybe instead of saying golden vagina all smug like
go use it :)
 cassie2425
Msg: 1056
who pays
Posted: 3/29/2016 5:36:13 PM
Maybe while some are looking up the term "feminist" they could also look up "neo-Nazi" and see how it applies. I used to wonder wtf she meant by broken bottles and low hanging fruit; now it's throwing out neo- Nazi. Quality, I don't think so.
 2ufo
Msg: 1057
who pays
Posted: 3/29/2016 7:11:46 PM
Low-hanging fruit = strawberries?
LOL!

feminist
adjective,
1. advocating social, political, legal, and economic rights for women equal to those of men.
noun
1. an advocate of such rights.
 Coma_White
Msg: 1058
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 3/29/2016 7:48:17 PM

Apparently no one on POF pays.. they sit and fight battle long and lost.
If only people could use the term feminist correctly that would be great
Maybe instead of saying golden vagina all smug like
go use it :)

Everyone's here because it's the only free site.
 geekgrrrl
Msg: 1059
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 3/29/2016 8:13:48 PM
Coma_White said

Everyone's here because it's the only free site.

Wrong! Not only is it not the only free site it's also not the only free site with a forum.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 1060
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 3/29/2016 10:43:38 PM

I think Mr. PrincessLover was calling you the Nazi, for (IMO) trying to impose your one size fits all feminism philosophies on other women.

You're right, she was calling Cassie the Nazi, but I chuckle because Nazism doesn't equate to feminism. And even though many feminists believe in equal contributing within each person's means on each date, doesn't mean one who believes that is a feminist. That's just downright silly to assume -- about as tongue-in-cheek as Nazi.

So now we have angry lady that figures that just because she is attractive and has a vagina and can bake a cookie with her little hands...the man owes her not only lunch but the world.

A bit exaggerated, but yes, the POV that a "man Always pays, and if he doesn't he's a lesser of a person; and if we date, I'll contribute by cooking us things and importantly giving him my attention," is clearly imbalanced. Like it or not, love it out of nostalgia & tradition or for other reasons, it's imbalanced and unnecessary as any cultural 'rule' in modern society. It's from nostalgia and tradition of women more or less not working, staying home, raising kids, cooking & cleaning, and being the provider of love & affection. If one wants to be cast as that character in society, OK. But they certainly should not expect other women to, or scorn men who don't roll that way or prefer to roll that way.

It makes me roll my eyes how some people will slice & dice strands 'tradition', applying the favorable ones in the now, and discarding the unfavorable ones that are interconnected and the reasons why the favorables existed. Case in point: One shouldn't keep the concept of guy paying for everything at all times in all situations and supporting her, but dropping out the Reason for that in the first place, which was to keep women in the kitchen and not wanting them to have careers (he damn well should have back then; not out of tradition but necessity).

Eternityisboring is the first one to scream with any perceived injustice and is a full on feminist. She just picks and chooses what suits her. Women marched for that too in the 60s and 70s.

I think the problem in the picking & choosing problem that some have about what-should-be in the dating scene, is that many guys are going to pay regardless. Even ones who will agree with me on this over a beer. Guys are going to do it for the sake of dating competition. It's a product of the dating market, like it or not. Hence, it helps to keep breeding guys who Really Want to do it, too -- thus, it helps to keep many gals feeling Entitled to it. Many aren't Objective -- they're just looking at it by what they're gauging when looking around themselves & society.

One clouded POV:
If so many guys even Today, and not even great guys mind you, are leaning forward to pay just as my parents and their parents did, why oh why is there something wrong with me accepting his offers? How is it improper that he Should be paying? Why in the world would I short-change myself of something as a woman, when it's one of the things out there that guys are willing to lean forward to pay/give me? I should lean to split the cost some of the time? Heck no. I'm not asking for big $$ or expensive dates. He's a man, this is how it is -- I'm not going to just suddenly jump into another dimension that cheapskates live in -- yeah, I do deserve to have dates covered by him if I'm going out with him.
 Coma_White
Msg: 1061
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 3/30/2016 1:40:52 AM

Wrong! Not only is it not the only free site it's also not the only free site with a forum.

There might be some free ones out there, but they don't have as much herp and derp as our message board here. It doesn't even seem like the forums are moderated anymore.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 1062
who pays
Posted: 3/30/2016 8:02:30 AM

It doesn't even seem like the forums are moderated anymore.

LOL Nooooo really? I hadn't noticed. Coma, did you just wake up?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 1063
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 3/30/2016 9:32:17 PM
geekgrrl
do tell which free site also has a forum other than this one? I am interested.

I watch a show called First Dates and as far as I can tell most of the guys offer to pay the whole bill which is not cheap and in a classy restaurant. Most of the girls make the effort to pay half. Albeit some are only seen to be going through the motions. Whether it is because they are being televised the guy feels obliged to act like a gentleman perhaps.

One guy did allow the woman to pay her share and I think she felt less of him even though she offered. I think he knew they were not about to see each other again and allowed her to pay her way.
 south_city
Msg: 1064
who pays
Posted: 3/31/2016 6:21:45 AM

I watch a show called First Dates and as far as I can tell most of the guys offer to pay the whole bill which is not cheap and in a classy restaurant. Most of the girls make the effort to pay half. Albeit some are only seen to be going through the motions. Whether it is because they are being televised the guy feels obliged to act like a gentleman perhaps.

At least these women offered though. Many men are willing to pay for the first date. That's completely different than going out on multiple dates ( 10 dates for the OP ) and a woman never offering to pay anything.
 Maleman999
Msg: 1065
who pays
Posted: 3/31/2016 11:48:26 AM

I watch a show called First Dates and as far as I can tell most of the guys offer to pay the whole bill which is not cheap and in a classy restaurant.

It makes me wonder if the guys are reimbursed for paying the bill. since they agreed to be miked up for the show and talk about how the date went in their view after the meal. What other incentive is there to have cameras and microphones at your table when getting to know someone? I don't recall seeing how they were set up in the first place. Did a matchmaker set them up?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 1066
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 3/31/2016 12:16:06 PM

It makes me wonder if the guys are reimbursed for paying the bill.

Both parties are going to be paid to some degree for going on it, so bill paying isn't as big an issue. It THEN becomes more a formality...

Whether it is because they are being televised the guy feels obliged to act like a gentleman perhaps.

Guys normally will anyway on 1st dates, but yes, that'd obviously ensure it -- especially when they're being compensated for being on the show anyway.

One guy did allow the woman to pay her share and I think she felt less of him even though she offered.

And also, it will make the gal more inclined to offer something, too. However, this always p!sses me off, these baby-games. Unfortunately since grandma says it's OK, people don't think it's baby games. Only offer to contribute if you Want to or believe you Should contribute. Playing fake games is ridiculous. But again, being on a show will make one more apt to say fake things. :)

I think he knew they were not about to see each other again and allowed her to pay her way.

If there's any 'rule' that should Catch On, it's something like this. If the gal isn't interested in the guy or there's an understanding there isn't an interest, the bill should be split or something close to it. And guys, take her on the offer if she's not interested -- don't be a baby and think you're less of a man because uncle Russ in his pickup truck says so. A guy's less of a man if he can't deal with it -- and picking up the whole check isn't going to make her go from uninterested->interested.

The exception to this is when the guy Explicitly asks to Take the gal out, especially if it carries the motif that he's trying to win her over. Then, yes, she's in no position to contribute.
 Blackwood85
Msg: 1067
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 3/31/2016 1:32:30 PM
On a reality TV show everyone involved is being paid, it's guaranteed to be scripted in some form or fashion with the date being manipulated (maybe the couple is purposely paired up because they're not compatible) and the network itself, I'm 99.9% sure is either paying for or reimbursing the dinner.

do tell which free site also has a forum other than this one? I am interested.

OKC has a forum but it's not nearly as active as this one, it use to be really active when I first joined the site a few years ago but just like POF once the site created an app, the forums became neglected.
 Coma_White
Msg: 1068
view profile
History
who pays
Posted: 3/31/2016 2:03:38 PM

LOL Nooooo really? I hadn't noticed. Coma, did you just wake up?

Hey! This is no laughing matter, like when Bernie Mac died!
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 1069
who pays
Posted: 3/31/2016 2:49:50 PM
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Thanks for taking my jab at you all in fun! With your screen name I couldn't resist!
 Maleman999
Msg: 1070
who pays
Posted: 3/31/2016 3:16:54 PM

On a reality TV show everyone involved is being paid, it's guaranteed to be scripted in some form or fashion with the date being manipulated (maybe the couple is purposely paired up because they're not compatible)...

I've only seen the show a few times, but I recall one episode where the two people meeting actually dated in the past. It didn't work out the first time, and it didn't get any better the second time around. Was it a coincidence or did they purposely set them up, knowing they met in the past? That reminds me of those reality shows where they put people at some resort or resort island, and their ex's mysteriously show up one by one.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >