Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 1221
Too cheap to pay attentionPage 49 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ What? That's it? Just Clooney?
Oh come on Boo!
Fling it, so you can "cover more territory". I'll keep you supplied with the ammo!
 spot4username
Msg: 1222
view profile
History
Too cheap to pay attention
Posted: 6/24/2017 12:01:16 PM

Throws cheetos and cheap wine at Mr clooney

It was nice of you to buy him lunch.
He's got next!
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 1223
Posted: 6/24/2017 1:57:24 PM

It was nice of you to buy him lunch.
He's got next!

Next time he can buy the Lubriderm and pubic zirconia.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 1224
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2017 4:26:24 PM

NG, to sum this up, as long as a couple are happy with their situation, whatever it is, that's all that counts.

Sure. If the guy wants to pay for everything on any type of date with any gal or almost everything when going with his GF -- yeah, no complaints there. But it's this faux "social rule" that's "proper" that he more-or-less Should because momma-says, that has, to one varying degree or another has become a norm to Such an extent that there are a high % of gals who will be at least mildly offended if he doesn't...

...As if he's asking her to chip in for his car payment or something when he says "Can you get us a couple drinks? I gotta run to the bathroom," after he paid for dinner -- or heaven forbid on an early date # where he didn't ask to Take her out, he says "Here, I'll get this, you can get [next round | next dinner | drinks after | etc]," when she's a financially independent gal and sitting just fine in that dept. I'm not arguing about Preferences. I'm arguing about Alleged actual right & wrong, when people have a falsely conditioned POV that it's Offensive and Should Be Offensive if the guy does something like that, even in the correct context & setting.

I do understand being a little spoiled to what society has to offer, (and heck, I even take things for granted on that side as well) where a gal is like "Yeah, it is imbalanced and unnecessary if ya really think about it, but hey, I'll let it ride. Never had a problem with it myself, I'm not out to change the world." But to have the stern POV that the guy Should pay for all or virtually all dates of any type going out because "he's the guy" -- and to think differently (which society ever-so baby-steps toward), one would have lesser ethical value -- is what I argue against.

No, men complain because the women they dated for awhile didn't lead to much of anything - hence the moaning.

Well, if the date went real well, there'd be a lot of moaning during the "night cap". ;)

Simply tell your date first time what you expect re paying.

Or what you Won't be paying. "Anything". Pretty simple there, right? ;)

Prepare a spread sheet.. factor in things like if she is over to your place and uses the washroom

"Soap, check. Extra kleenex, check. Condoms, check... Speaking of which, am I going to use 2 or am I going to use 3 tonight after our drinks and I bring you back. .... Babe? Babe? Where are you going??? Wait, don't go! Who's paying for this dinner that hasn't even arrived yet!?" :)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 1225
Posted: 6/24/2017 5:13:16 PM
Odd that someone who has wed so very often, and posted up pictures of he and bride to be
Have nothing nice to say about women
Perhaps someone should switch teams :/
Bless you NG for saying 3 condoms.. if you can't stay hard stay heavy
I have a wonderful story about Lube if anyone so bored they wanna hear it
Oh let me start... so I drive to a drugstore miles away, never to enter the door again
( Clerk sees me all the time since, I nearly had to shove a gag in her mouth as she would shout across where ever I was " How did the lube work?" Thanks)
Anyhow, bought it and smuggled it home like a drug mule
Comes time.. and tada... squeezing that tube like a Grammy playing the nickel slots in Vegas
Nothing
I actually checked to make sure it wasn't toothpaste LOL
oh no.. they seal Lube tighten than security at Fort Knox
finally get it opened, lube I swear on the neighbours windows
Ah yea, 50 shades of WTF you doing
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1226
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2017 5:27:26 PM
LOL@Ouija☺

NG, doesnt matter how the women perceive the situation thinking they don't pay for dates they're asked out on, none of that applies to you, because you would not be happy either way with her thinking.
 spot4username
Msg: 1227
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2017 5:36:22 PM

Next time he can buy the Lubriderm and pubic zirconia.

Did anyone else hit up Google for pubic zirconia? Anyone? No? Just me? I can' t unsee a couple of those images.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 1228
Posted: 6/24/2017 5:57:16 PM
NG, I still don't get, where you stand on who pays? do you agree with a guy and gal paying 50/50 on a date or do you think the guy should foot the bill? You opposed me on the 50/50 deal and opposed NW on the man paying everytime? Have you confused yourself on this subject? 50/50 or guy pays...which is it? LMAO

That's the difference between me and a lot of other guys...I won't get suckered into paying for everything and learnt my lesson in the past...I'm much wiser these days...If a woman offers to go 50/50 I would gladly accept and if she stayed quiet, when the bill turned up, then I would pay my half and walk away
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 1229
Posted: 6/24/2017 6:31:52 PM
And boo hoo on them gals that get up and go to the restroom after the server goes to fetch the check!

How rude!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 1230
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2017 2:52:28 PM

Bless you NG for saying 3 condoms.. if you can't stay hard stay heavy

I haven't yet obtained the super-power to stay hard in-between "rounds" -- but I'm certainly not going to settle for a heavy (BBW) in the meantime! :)

NG, doesnt matter how the women perceive the situation thinking they don't pay for dates they're asked out on, none of that applies to you, because you would not be happy either way with her thinking.

But I'm not asking anyone out on a date here. :) And yes, it does vary. I've dated some gals thinking they don't pay for dates they're Asked Out on, and happy. Thing is, your POV is different -- just Being Out on a date... no asked to be Taken out, no being chased to go out, not even a gal being in a situation where she cooks for him all the time where things are more or less equalized -- nothing like that required... you believe it's a gal's (cultural) "right", because she's female, to have ANY date of ANY type, when out, to be Paid For by the guy because he's a guy. So THAT perception -- yes, does not make many guys happy, as it is quite a childish, selfish POV that goes beyond mere "bonus pts" in a gal's mind if he does for any and all types of going out -- when said gal is otherwise "independent".

do you agree with a guy and gal paying 50/50 on a date or do you think the guy should foot the bill?

Depends on the situation, depends on how the date was drummed up -- So let me clarify...

WHERE A GUY *SHOULD* PAY. HE IS DOING A 'WRONG' IF HE'S NOT AIMING TO PAY FOR IT ALL:
- If a guy asks to Take a gal out for Any date (first or 100th), he of course is expected to Pay for it. There's not really any social disagreement on this one.

- For a *1st* date, by default, it's going to be implied that he's to Take her out under most circumstances. Any level of even passively "chasing" her when it comes to drumming up a 1st date idea, which is common, solidifies this. It would have to be uncommon circumstances that for a 1st date, that there's no Implication that he's to Take her out to get the dating ball initially rolling, if he's bringing it up.

- If a guy is Clearly chasing the gal / trying to win her over, during the first few dates -- yeah, pay up buddy. Clearly is the key though... Sally, just because you're not-that-into guys who are clearly chasing you after the 1st date, doesn't mean guys you're not-that-into Are chasing you... so again, it's when he's Clearly chasing you.

WHERE A GUY SHOULD BE EXPECTED TO PAY A LARGE MAJORITY:
- It's Known that she doesn't have the finances to go out hardly at all, but he's just-fine in that dept. Depending on her situation, she may be only grabbing him an ice-cream cone once in a while on a day-time date... or she may end up buying him a drink, maybe two, when going out, but it's sparse. It depends on her means. She should contribute a little as a means of appreciation and recognition. These situations are where, yeah, he's to Take her out -- but at the same time, as the dates add up, within her means, she Is Expected to Chip In. May just be symbolic if she's really scraping by, but it goes a long way.

Outside of those situations, No, by default, there Is No implication of asking to "Take" a gal out because he was seeing if she was up to hitting the town on Friday night. Gals do that all the time to a guy they've already had date(s) with, so No, there's no implication she'd asking to get all his food/drink/ticket bills either. If it's after the first date, he/she would have to Say they are want to Take them out, if it's going to be Expected that one is going to take out the other. Otherwise, it's No Different than one dude hitting up his friend and seeing if he wants to get something to eat downtown and grab some drinks.

You opposed me on the 50/50 deal

Post common-1st-dates, I don't oppose the 50/50 concept, and no, I don't think there's any ethical wrong on it. It's more a better/smoother process to go the way of the "I got this one, you got next one" -- or mixing it up here and there, no pennies to count. Kind of like a friend of mine and I go out -- he'll grab a tab at one bar, and I'll grab the next one. Are they exact? No. But the aim & intention is to be pretty much the same. Same should go for a financially independent guy & gal once they get the dating ball rolling. That IS the correct assumption, I might add -- except when the guy's chasing her (shouldn't last too long I hope) or expressing that he wants to Take her out on a particular date.

I have no problem having a date with a gal who doesn't Quite see it this way... usually because she's never really thought about it and guys-always-pay. And I will err on the side of not putting her in position to pay for anything until the 3rd or 4th date instead of the 2nd... because by that time, said financially independent gal has no "ammo" to say that the guy is on any cheap side because he (gasp) motioned her to get them a couple drinks while he had to run to the bathroom. By that time, she couldn't convince a raccoon that she Wasn't on the cheap side, if she was taken aback by that on a 3rd or 4th date.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 1231
Posted: 6/25/2017 5:23:48 PM
3 condoms. Still laughing
Once at an important presentation.. I was sweating , I was up right after break
House was for sale, during the break I was asked by an Important person.. where will you move?
So nervous, I said we can always move into a Condom, Brain was screaming CONDO
Total silence.. so all the fancy ppl I was presenting to her it. I was the CONDOM dweller
I did it, I was soaked, sweat was sweating
Hey.. long as I have my own bathroom HAHAHAHA
I am shocked I am allowed out without supervision
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1232
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2017 5:29:01 PM
NG, I know the kind of person I am, so I don't need validation from anyone. I found a crisp $20 bill in my grocery store yesterday and turned it in. I would love to see how many people (men) here would turn it in. Of course anyone can say they would. Now, that is the kind of person I am. I'm not concerned at all about saying yes to a date I am being asked out on. No one is forcing anyone to do anything, we're all adults. I'm more concerned that he doesn't want to immediately squat at my home and never do anything again and thinks he can treat my house like it was a restaurant. There's a lot of that going on. I have yet to meet these elusive men that are asking women to restaurants every weekend. That's not my world and something I have to address.

Did you see what the OP said about his situation? He's dating a woman with kids, and now after starting a sexual relationship with her, he wants her to give him money towards dinner. He said she works, but didn't say she has a good job. He's pretty pathetic. If he wants money for dinner dates he asks women out on, he should focus on women who are better positioned financially that don't have kids, but they probably don't want his cheap @ss. He said he took her out on 10 dates that weren't expensive in 5 weeks, boo hoo, get my violin out, LOL.

Ouija, if you're going to move into a condom, try one of those female ones, I think they're bigger:)
 gtomustang
Msg: 1233
Too broke to spend the night
Posted: 6/25/2017 7:21:32 PM
"money well spent is still well spent after something is consumed."

>>>I agree, we are pleasure seeking animals, and when our money is well spent, we are happy with the results that comes from the tool that is money. But if we feel (rightly or wrongly) we didn't get our money's worth, we get grumbly or whiny like a child.

"All of this talk about being fair is making me take a closer look at my dog. She's cost me a fortune!"

>>>amen to that, a friend had 4 daschunds (down to 3 now), and gosh, every other bill is close to four digits long. my allergies keep me from having fur in the house, which is probably how I can afford to live :) But then they wag their tail, and you forgive them dropping ticks on you. still, we all have something in our life we can't live without that is a big drain on the ol' household budget...a large TV, a loving pet that leaves a mess sometimes, children, a fast car or bike. we can't live on bread alone. but we should try to live within our means. I don't date gold diggers, b/c Homie just isn't playing that. they are out of my league.

last time I was at the pharmacy, the lad behind the counter gave me back, as change, the price of my meds. I could have taken it and blamed my confusion on the Lyme disease if caught, but hey, I was a good boy. we all have our Boy Scout days, usually when a hot blonde is watching :) but I still say, happiness comes from playing inside our socio-economic circles.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1234
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2017 8:58:24 PM
Mustang guy, I guess it depends on what a guy wanted the outcome to be. I see a lot of lonely men that I think would be happy for the company of a first date, even if it was just that, but then I see waffling on what a first date is or that it's even a first date, blah, blah, blah, and then think they just want sex. If a guy was open to enjoying his date's company and wherever they were going, it's not money poorly spent. If a was a young adult, maybe I would start out dating having the I just threw money away attitude, but after dating for a while, I think I would just chalk it up to part of the process. I supported my ex for over 2 years. I don't regret it. It was part of the relationship. I'm sure I spent well over $10,000 for that short time.

My dog's MRI cost $1,7000. Then that was followed up with surgery on her neck discs. Good-bye a total of $6,000+, not counting the $1,500 for another issue just months prior. I love her so it's money well spent. Several years ago, I flew her to TX for a back surgery.
 gtomustang
Msg: 1235
Posted: 6/26/2017 3:41:13 AM
Agreed, IF a fellow was smart enough to take things one at a time, and enjoy the dinner for the company he receives....rather than thinking/planning too far ahead to "dessert"...he could conceivably enjoy his dating more, and have better "luck" by not coming off as Mr. Right Now.

naturally, this assumes he has chosen well, and met a woman who has a great personality, not a "great pair of personalities". as I've said before, the fellow who is thinking he's going to get some play in return for his pay, is more likely to find a woman who thinks she's going to get something material from her "Assets". They have a similar thought process, so they connect instantly on that level of "what have you done for me lately?"
 SLAFFA
Msg: 1236
Posted: 6/26/2017 8:19:26 AM
51 pages and 1268 responses later...

The OLD 101 handbook clearly states on page 798, chapter 4 that who ever drives the oldest vehicle to the Meet pays nothing except perhaps the tip. (covered in chapter 5 page 923)

In the event that one party either walks, bicycles, or takes the bus, the other party is required to drive them to within one block of their home when the meet is over unless it is a Sunday of course.

Should BOTH parties use ANY of the 3 methods listed above, the check will be covered by the facility itself and the indidual who traveled the shortest distance to the Meet will be entirely and solely responsible for the tip.

If BOTH Parties walked, each party is required to bring a utility receipt in their name to prove they actually live under a roof of some sort.

If either party shows up and is UNrecognisable from their posted pic (s), they are required to turn themselves in to the nearest jail when the Meet is over.

DISCLAIMER: All. of this. ^^^^^^ is from the 2016 edition of OLD 101. I would highly recommend checking the 2017 edition before meeting anyone especially since there is simply no FAIR way for 2 sane reasonable adults to figure out who will pay.

????????????????
 browneyesboo
Msg: 1237
Posted: 6/26/2017 11:05:04 AM
I say we all stop paying.
That will show us, them and those.
 sun___flower
Msg: 1238
view profile
History
Pay this
Posted: 6/26/2017 11:37:39 AM

I am shocked I am allowed out without supervision

Same here, Ouija. 'Medicated for your protection.' Haha @ your lube story.
 from site to sight
Msg: 1239
Posted: 6/26/2017 11:38:25 AM

I say we all stop paying.
That will show us, them and those.

We could do that by going to the food bank to get groceries, and then making meals at each other's home.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 1240
Posted: 6/26/2017 12:40:33 PM
Plan all the dates at Costco, fill up on free samples.
 spot4username
Msg: 1241
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2017 12:44:02 PM
^^^ Places with free appetizers at Happy Hour are even better!
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 1242
Posted: 6/26/2017 1:30:45 PM
Or steal a few apples off a tree and pick some blackberries...it's all free...lol
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 1243
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2017 1:58:46 PM

Plan all the dates at Costco, fill up on free samples.

NOW you're talkin'.

And you don't even have to pay for a membership.
Just walk in with a family of the same ethnicity and pretend you're with them.(Helps to blend in better)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 1244
Posted: 6/26/2017 5:23:38 PM
Ha!
oh Spot, think one has to pay for a Happy hour drink so that will never work for those who cheese pare and buy single ply
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1245
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2017 6:00:34 PM
Go rock hounding. That's something I would actually enjoy, out in nature, finding some cool stones! Gives new meaning to getting a girl a big rock, lol☺

Why is there no troll with the user name BrokeBackWallet? 😇😇😇😈
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >