Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > who pays      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 1302
stop whining about $Page 53 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
Just booked a cruise w/ hubby- we split the cost 50/50.

Nothing is written in stone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in the day, when I started OLD (20 years ago), The Mall was considered the SAFEST & BEST place to meet. Weather was always good inside, you can walk around & laugh while going thru a novelty store like Spencers or browse in a bookstore.

Food court had coffee, soda or food PLUS Mall has regular restaurants inside + Movie Theatre. Was good if the meet went well & turned into a real date.

In 2003, I had a 3 year relationship- our 1st date was at the mall--we had lunch after walking around- (his treat) & I think we went to the movies after. He was not from OLD per se but thought it was a great venue if you are nervous/not sure.

Some of the meets I had from OLD years ago were men who wanted to size me up but not spend a dime & they suggested the MALL.

Looking back, maybe it was a good thing bec. if they were that sneaky, who needed them? If they stood you up, you could go SHOPPING or call a girlfriend & get lunch & go to a movie LoL!
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 1303
stop whining about $
Posted: 7/2/2017 12:06:41 PM
https://psychcentral.com/disorders/narcissistic-personality-disorder-symptoms/ ^
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 1304
view profile
History
Too cheap to pay attention
Posted: 7/2/2017 12:35:22 PM

If the woman is not reciprocating with dinners at home, then I would say she has to put her hand in her pocket if they go out and especially if she suggests something. I would be happy to get take out and pay for it, but I never have since I cook.

Okay then. So your POV isn't that guy-Always-pays when out-of-Her-house (regardless of situational setup between). I was never arguing Your situation and how they unfold (except to point out that it happens, but no, it's not incredibly common). I was against a blanketed concept for All, regardless of the setup, that guy-always-pays-when-not-at-her-place-because-hes-the-guy. In the OP's situation, he paid for all of the handful of dates, and they each went to each other's places (each handled their own, I take it). His new item scoffed at her daughter springing for her BF's birthday outing. He brought up the concept that she should chip in since the ball got rolling -- which she scoffed at initially, but apparently started seeing the light -- but was so unfortunately Conditioned that females-don't-pay-when out, she had to give him a $20 to give to the bartender because she couldn't do it herself. He was in no way a cheapskate, and she was in no way in a too-poor position. He wasn't asking to whip out calculators or to go 50/50 or anything. Just the concept if they're going to be out a lot and the ball got rolling, yeah, chip in at some point.

You should try looking at some of the profiles of the men and you will see what the women are dealing with, at least with these online men.

I've seen a lot of profiles of guys (25-40) over time. Of course, I think Conversation (which no, I haven't had) would shed more info of the experience with guys online.

Most of them don't even suggest a date and believe me when I say there are plenty of them that want to take you for a walk like you are a dog and many times it's to the mall.

I'm not the only one to say that it's not a common trend in any way for dudes wanting to have first meets at the mall. :) I could maybe see guys (and definitely gals) doing that more than one would think in a small town where there was nothing But a mall, where everyone there and in neighboring small towns would go to.

But I will say this, though: It can be a Good idea not to have a "Date Date" -- but instead more what people call a "first-meet" type date... like at a coffee shop, a drink at happy hour between work & home, etc. It's a preferred way by many Women when you didn't talk so much and at the same time, don't want to throw a Fri & Sat night down on someone you never met before (pics don't always = IRL; the guy could be creepy, etc).

That said, I do understand raising an eyebrow at not having a "Date Date" set up if you were pen-paling a guy every day for a long time, then finally after many weeks something's set up and it's a 20-30m coffee shop stop, when a more fruitful option could be available. I don't think any of this is a guy VS gal type thing, though.

plenty of them that want to take you for a walk like you are a dog

I think you have a narrowed-lens POV, looking at the negative side to things. :) Just because a gal suggests meeting at a coffee shop and taking a walk, doesn't imply she wants to take me for a walk like I'm a dog (although if she's sexy, and that's her fetish... okay, whatever, I'm game - lol). And a guy suggesting grabbing coffee or ice cream and going for a walk in the park, doesn't mean he's got the mentality that he's wanting to walk you like a dog, come on. :)

Make it something interesting or fun

People's tastes & more importantly Comfort Zones when it comes to 1st meets vary. I think for many, it's more about interacting between the two of ya on a 1st meet/date, where if it's a Date Date it'd be at a restaurant, and if it's a first meet it would be something like a coffee shop and the like.... not going to an amusement park. ALTHOUGH, I could see that as a nice 1st meet idea if the other person's a nervous/over-anxious type about meeting someone from online. Then that could be an ice-breaker to kick things off.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1305
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2017 1:08:44 PM
Ibup, Really, I said I don't know when makeup expires? I will give you kudos for being a troll that actually has a profile with pictures. This is what trolls do, they make up things to support what they want to say to attack someone. Perhaps you should concentrate on being a man, which seems to be a challenge for you, and staying out of womens makeup because you don't know what you are talking about. Are you proud of what you're saying? Would you want your kids to see it?

Wilkes, my mall is really lackluster if I'm going to use it for entertainment. No fun stores, no Spencer's Gifts. It's really dinky. For the men I've met on pof, I've had good luck with them representing themselves correctly. They were the same age as me, and looked like their pictures. I never thought of the first date as anything other than that with no need to ckeck the person out before committing to a first date. Maybe if I got burned, I would think differently. The guys I met were anxious to date and never suggested a meet and greet scenario. My first dates lasted for hours. I like the idea of making the first date a nice experience. POF says to make the first date memorable. ☺

NG, I definitely think it's nice to treat a guy to something. I could never feel comfortable always being on the receiving end. Guys want to be made to feel special too. A guy may pamper me by taking me out, and I pamper him at home. It's what you do when you like someone. I really don't think about it as "having" to do something, like it's a chore or required. Good relationships are not about being 50/50. They're about everyone getting what they need when they need it.
 meowzing
Msg: 1306
Posted: 7/2/2017 2:57:02 PM
I met a date once outside Macy's on 34th, after riding the LIRR into Penn. It was one of my favorite dates ever. We had hot dog cart food, and talked for hours walking around every floor. We managed to remain friends all these years later, and still meet during the holidays when I'm here to shop! Sometimes friend connections are the ones that last.

I agree about relationships not being 50/50. Life is a give and take with compassion, compromise and communication. No one is a mind reader.
 IBup4it
Msg: 1307
Posted: 7/2/2017 4:34:56 PM
You said "mascara lasts forever" your statement not mine. My daughter saw that said "eww that women is sooo gross I wouldn't put that on my face after a couple years" What made you think she didn't see or made a comment on it? You think I am not completely open with my daughters? We discuss and actually listen to what is being said to each other. Maybe if you were clear on what you meant rather just making an off hand comment. Nothing would have been said to begin with but to take responsibility for it not you. You rather divert to how my kids might feel changing the subject seems to be a thing for you women I am noticing. Explains alot believe me it really does.

Have good day good luck with that.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 1308
Browses PoF with kids
Posted: 7/2/2017 4:57:37 PM
^^^
Browses PoF forums with his kids.

That's a first.

I'm gonna grab a popcorn and watch the hair pulling between NY58 and StaySoHard....
 spot4username
Msg: 1309
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2017 4:59:52 PM
^^^^^
aaaaaaaaaaannnnnddddd now I wan popcorn.
Dammit.
StaySoHard < made me chuckle
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 1310
Posted: 7/2/2017 5:17:44 PM
http://www.seventeen.com/beauty/makeup-skincare/advice/g370/makeup-expiration-date-guidelines/?
Is it pistols at dawn or hair pulling in the school yard? LMAO
 IBup4it is not in the wrong and I don't think he is a troll
I know a diversion when I see one and I had the same thing? Yes a woman complaining about tight men and then making a statement about getting a doggy bag for her wings LMAO...but I soon called her out on that, but instead of admitting to being tight, she got really nasty and accused me of following her about on here...I pointed out it was a public forum and don't make comments, unless you are prepared to face opposition to them, it's not kindergarten and we are all meant to be adults, so take responsibility for what you say and admit you are wrong if you are

These are the type of attitudes that creep into relationships and make them toxic....If someone has to be right all the time, regardless of the facts, proving otherwise, then clearly they have very serious issues of denial and narcissistic personalities...that's not healthy dating material in my book and these are the types who always play the victim card

I see the shadow has returned...see below....you have followed me around on at least 50 threads and jealousy is not a good trait to have...clearly you want attention and you want your friends to join in on another attack on me...don't ruin another thread
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 1311
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2017 5:37:52 PM
^ man with issues does irony.
 meowzing
Msg: 1312
Posted: 7/2/2017 5:43:15 PM
My adult children, and some of their friends have been known to read these forums (especially when the link was still available). They too have actually used this site to DATE at one time, or another. What a novel idea; using this site for what it was designed to do...
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1313
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2017 5:50:22 PM
Oy vey! This is what I wrote: My blush is a few years old, mascara lasts forever, as does lipstick.

My current blush is about 2 years old that I just finished. 2 years for powder blush is fine. Mascara lasts forever for me, because there is only about 1/4 - 1/3 oz of product in the container, and most women would use one up in a month. So yeah, lasting months is forever! I buy about 4 lipsticks a year to get the newest colors and each year's lipstick is used for 2 years, in order to stay up-to-date with new colors. That's a long time. They're perfectly fine to use for 2 years .

I'm only spending about $50 a year on makeup, because I don't wear much or wear it often, henceforth, it lasts.......forever! Nestaron, Thank you for your concern about my well being! It's appreciated☺
 forumslady
Msg: 1314
Posted: 7/2/2017 7:16:57 PM
imanorangetiger- "^ man with issues does irony."

No kidding!

Sweet Jesus, him of all people, saying such a thing. LMFAO :0 :D

Edit to add- New Yorker58, I have some cheese for his whine. Poor baby, Bless his heart. ;)
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 1315
Posted: 7/2/2017 7:49:22 PM
^Shadow, I see one of your loyal buddies turned up LMAO..no matter she is getting much better with her counselling, learning to deal with her issues with men and doing far less sniping of men too, so it has done her a lot of good...stick with it forums lady and you will be well on your way to a full recovery:) you get - minus 1 for your snipe and I'm going to be keeping score:)
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 1316
Posted: 7/2/2017 7:58:12 PM

Wilkes, my mall is really lackluster if I'm going to use it for entertainment. No fun stores, no Spencer's Gifts. It's really dinky.

LOL....The Commons? I only go there for Target, it's the best store that mall has to offer :D
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1317
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2017 8:11:08 PM
Yes, funny how they thought a name change may help, lol. We have so many stores in our neighborhood, but they're all a little too small. DSW is a decent size, but the one in Southcenter is so much larger, as is their Macy's. I haven't been to Target in a while. I hadn't been to the dollar store in years and went there a couple of months ago and when I park in the lot I see a nude woman before me and I was a flabbergasted. I see she is standing in one of those coffee huts. She looks completely nude until she turns around and I saw she was wearing two tiny pasties and a non apparent g-string. That's the place on Pac and 312th. I do like that we have an H-Mart.
 forumslady
Msg: 1318
Posted: 7/2/2017 8:56:08 PM
Laidbackguy- That was just about the most passive/aggressive, back handed insult, of all time.

If I was ashamed of counseling, I wouldn't have shared it for everyone to see. Nice try, though.

You're keeping score? Good for you. When you add it all up, try to exchange it for two give a sh*ts. I'm about two short, as far as anything you have to say.

Love ya' Sweet pea, mean it. ;D
 cooldog65
Msg: 1319
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2017 1:06:51 AM

LOL....The Commons? I only go there for Target, it's the best store that mall has to offer :D

The Commons will always be the SeaTac Mall to me. I used to go to any mall in the Puget Sound area, but not anymore. The last time I went to the Tacoma Mall, I saw a lot of boarded up empty spaces. It was quite a hopping place when I worked there late last century...
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 1320
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2017 3:43:08 AM

I see the shadow has returned...see below....you have followed me around on at least 50 threads and jealousy is not a good trait to have...clearly you want attention and you want your friends to join in on another attack on me...don't ruin another thread

Your over-exaggeration is nothing to be jealous about. As you point out, this is a public forum, and when I want to call out your paranoia-infused misogyny, I will continue to do so for the benefit of all concerned.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 1321
Posted: 7/3/2017 6:20:42 AM
^https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misogyny
Like I said before shadow...you need to be educated on what misogyny, because you don't seem to understand the word and label me a misogynist , for almost every comment I make LMAO
What I just commented on was not Misogyny at all and you look so retarded when you snipe the same shit, time and time again...learn to read comments, before you label people and learn to control your hate****head

BTW no one is impressed by your complete BS, you're just feeding your twisted ego and you just look like such a lame ass LMAO

I wait for your come back? Projecting, paranoid or Misogyny? ...I,ve heard it all before and at least come up with some original material when you snipe me, because your routine is stale, really stale:)))
 forever_live_and_die
Msg: 1322
Posted: 7/3/2017 6:49:36 AM
^^^^

Like I said before shadow...you need to be educated on what misogyny, because you don't seem to understand the word and label me a misogynist

You read the article on misogyny and can't see the pattern you display?

I'm voting delusional
 2ufo2
Msg: 1323
Posted: 7/3/2017 7:09:41 AM

...and I'm going to be keeping score...

But... why bother?
Is there a prize involved?
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 1324
Posted: 7/3/2017 7:41:28 AM

But... why bother?
Is there a prize involved?

Well it helps her stay on track and when she snipes a man - minus 1
If she is productive and offers kind advice - plus 1
Her counselling is helping her and I am genuine when I say that
Some of her postings are really helpful and kind
She just needs to stay on track and not snipe men
I can tell she is a nice lady and just needs to continue with the counselling
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 1325
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2017 9:08:56 AM

Like I said before shadow...you need to be educated on what misogyny, because you don't seem to understand the word and label me a misogynist

You read the article on misogyny and can't see the pattern you display?

I'm voting delusional

Apparently he had a geriatric girlfriend who worshipped him, fed him, stroked his thinning hair and told him what a good boy he was on a daily basis. Then she left. He has a mother fixation. He probably spent his childhood listening to her tell him how bad women were and how they were always going to be after his money, and how he should stay at home where she could keep an eye on him.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 1326
Posted: 7/3/2017 9:21:03 AM
^ Talking to your other fake profile now LMAO...come on surely you can do better than that:)))
Opinion vs opinion and you are all out of ideas now...take a break....a warm padded cell is waiting for you in the insane asylum....your split personality will be welcome there:)))

Just for you to make you feel at home
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZl8i2umBb8
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > who pays