Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why do you believe or not believe that Climate change is taking place      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 101
Why do you believe or not believe that Climate change is taking placePage 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
# 100 dee says

just accept that the narrative of all trump voters hating the environment is false.

I agree...that would be a false narrative, but then more accurate narrative is that most of his voters are racist. Racism is a very powerful incentive to vote for somebody whose views about climate changes are at odds with nearly every scientific body and 99% of all nations...and the consequences of which are very dire to survival of humanity as we know it!

For the T-tards, the only thing that must matter is that he keeps as many 'brown' pple outta the country as possible....and keep the blacks/browns already here "in their place"....a nod & a wink to the KKK, which enough to give his supporters a "thumbs up"...............what else could be more important, eh?
 Jo van
Msg: 102
Why do you believe or not believe that Climate change is taking place
Posted: 9/18/2017 10:55:03 AM

Scott Pruitt, Donald Trump’s head of the US Environmental Protection Agency, has dismissed a basic scientific understanding of climate change by denying that carbon dioxide emissions are a primary cause of global warming.

Pruitt said on Thursday that he did not believe that the release of CO2, a heat-trapping gas, was pushing global temperatures upwards.

“I think that measuring with precision human activity on the climate is something very challenging to do and there’s tremendous disagreement about the degree of impact, so no, I would not agree that it’s a primary contributor to the global warming that we see,” he told CNBC.

Trump administration: EPA studies, data must undergo political review before release
Read more
“But we don’t know that yet ... We need to continue the debate and continue the review and the analysis.”

This stance puts Pruitt at odds with his own agency, which states on its website that carbon dioxide is the “primary greenhouse gas that is contributing to recent climate change”. This finding is backed by Nasa, which calls CO2 “the most important long-lived ‘forcing’ of climate change”.

Scientists have understood for more than a century that CO2 traps heat. Atmospheric concentrations of the gas have increased by more than a third since the industrial revolution, driven by the burning of fossil fuels and deforestation.

Advertisement

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report from 2014, which summarized the findings of 2,000 international scientists, states it is “extremely likely” that the steep rise in CO2, along with other greenhouse gases such as methane, has caused most of the global warming experienced since the 1950s.

Pruitt’s comments were quickly condemned by scientists, environmental activists and even his immediate predecessor as EPA chief, Gina McCarthy.

“The world of science is about empirical evidence, not beliefs,” said McCarthy, an appointee of Barack Obama. “When it comes to climate change, the evidence is robust and overwhelmingly clear that the cost of inaction is unacceptably high.

“I cannot imagine what additional information the administrator might want from scientists for him to understand that.”

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/mar/09/epa-scott-pruitt-carbon-dioxide-global-warming-climate-change

Trump has said, on more than one occasion, that global warming is a "hoax", perpetrated by "the Chinese".
That's because he's an idiot, as well as a "racist".

He appointed Pruitt, knowing his views.
You're deluding yourself Dee.
Trump's pulling out of the Paris Accord was because he doesn't think it's "real".
And he wants to bring back dirty coal, to "prove it".
What a doofus.
 _babblefish
Msg: 103
Posted: 9/18/2017 11:10:22 AM

^^^^^^^DOUBLE YIKES!!!!! I just love how some go way overboard. There are things we can do better, there is also false reports on what is going on with earth.

whew! good to know that the great Pacific garbage patch, plastic beads in plankton, fat bergs and estimated 8 million tons of plastic dumped in the ocean each and every year is false news

there are many ways to clean fish.
some ways don't require killing cows or destroying the knife.

we will have more plastic in the ocean than fish by 2050 . . good luck finding that fish to clean, twat
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 104
Posted: 9/18/2017 4:23:07 PM

Trump's pulling out of the Paris Accord was because he doesn't think it's "real".
And he wants to bring back dirty coal, to "prove it".

which would be like bringing back the horse...as a means of transportation on our city streets..but doing it for the purpose of reviving the horse-shoeing industry; and city task forces assigned to wash away Horse-poop...thus, he can proclaim establishing "new jobs" and professions for our youth....all in the process of MAGA !
 gtomustang
Msg: 105
Posted: 9/18/2017 5:14:06 PM
The White House can't even agree if its pulling out or not, it changes daily. But for now:

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/white-house-seeks-to-avoid-quitting-paris-deal-climate-officials-say/ar-AAs3zr0
 BeckyHT
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2017 4:24:58 PM

I know that climate naturally changes.

I know that we've been in a thawing stage since the end of the ice age stage.

I do not know if humans are causing any acceleration of this change we are going through, it's possible, but I do not know to what extent we are capable of making huge changes.

I do know that we could do more harm than good if we go off one way or the other, but it can't hurt to change some things. I do not know that using huge batteries in cars is better than using gas, etc. I think humans are prone to going off half-cocked when confronted with media blitzing.

Of course at some point humans will become extinct, we aren't really of any importance beyond our own need to procreate. We aren't special to the planet any more than other animals and most likely insects will outlive us as a species.

daynadaze, your post is almost 2 years old, but it is spot on.
I say ditto, ditto, ditto.

I was fortunate to travel to my daughters in Oregon, and experience the sun's total eclipse. What hit home, was how, in the morning of full sun and 80 degrees, to the moment of near darkness of the total eclipse, the temperature where I was standing, dropped 20 degrees...I was thinking I needed a sweater... and then, when the eclipse was over and back to full sun, it was back to 80 degrees. It just demonstrated how much our daily temperatures are controlled by the sun. Of course, a normal day can get to 100 degrees, and down to 50 degrees in the middle of the night.

Why do people not realize that our little old earth is impacted by what happens in the solar system?
 chameleonf
Msg: 107
Posted: 9/19/2017 4:35:10 PM
Although there are a number of factors that cause climate change, when mentioning the sun, you have to remember that good ol' ozone layer, so ya, it IS realized that the solar system is definitely at play. It all goes hand in hand with all other factors we have at least "some" control over.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2017 5:26:39 PM
Mother earth is just the starship us star children happen to be traveling on. Where we're going who knows? But, one thing I'm pretty certain of is this.

If we keep crapping in our own nests and refuse to show our home it's proper respect it may just let us know.... In it's own way that we're out of balance. It's happening now.....

The wind is not just blowing, but it's also sucking. The water is falling more than recordable levels... Ever... The flooding is real and the earth is shaking too.

That being said I'd say yes, we very well could be influencing climate change. If you view our planet as a living being that is interconnected and dependent upon one another to survive as a whole then yes..... We are an influence.... IMHO.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 110
Posted: 9/20/2017 6:38:00 AM

Why do people not realize that our little old earth is impacted by what happens in the solar system?

Yup...lets just point the finger at everything else..but ourselves!
.........................................................................................................

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 poppata
Msg: 111
Posted: 9/20/2017 7:21:50 AM
"Why do people not realize that our little old earth is impacted by what happens in the solar system?"

I'm pretty sure most people get the sun warms the earth. Your point?
 _babblefish
Msg: 112
Posted: 10/25/2017 3:08:53 PM

EPA spokesperson John Konkus — an anti-science hatchetman — confirmed in an email to multiple outlet that “EPA scientists are attending, they simply are not presenting.” Konkus is a Trump political operative with little environmental expertise, who was given unprecedented oversight to vet hundreds of millions of dollars in annual EPA grants, as we reported in September. His primary focus is cutting grants that include the words “climate change,” and he has already axed such life-saving grants as a clean cookstove program.

You might think that the job of the EPA is to protect the environment — our clean air, clean water, and livable climate. But Trump’s EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt has a completely different definition of the environment.

“True environmentalism, from my perspective, is using natural resources that God has blessed us with,” Pruitt told the Heritage Foundation last week.

#orwellianfascists
 Walts
Msg: 113
Posted: 10/25/2017 4:49:29 PM

“True environmentalism, from my perspective, is using natural resources that God has blessed us with

Until those resources are all gone, and then, Pruitt's great grandkids can act just a retarded and point their fingers at someone else while trying to figure out where to a clean glass of water to sip from.

We will never, ever be able to build with the wood we once were able to. There is no such thing as "old growth" forests anymore, well, not anything we can cut down and waste as we once did, not so long ago. Particular board kidlets. Get use to the IKEA crap.
 gtomustang
Msg: 114
Posted: 10/26/2017 5:40:25 AM
The problem with ignoring climate change, is that the administration doesn't put money towards fixing the damage that comes from it. FEMA is already approaching bankruptcy, b/c to build it up would be to admit there's a reason to. Meanwhile,

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fox-news-poll-storms-erode-trumps-ratings/ar-AAu3hCl?ocid=spartandhp

how ironic.
 daynadaze
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2017 9:09:31 AM
It is not about pointing fingers elsewhere, it's about making sure you aren't making things worse, it's about not knowing the history and thinking every news blitz is true.
 butheremails
Msg: 116
Posted: 11/7/2017 1:54:25 PM
Some people are not going to be happy about this.

The cost of renewable energy is dropping so fast that it's disrupting global markets

Exponential Energy | Ramez Naam | SingularityU South Africa
Singularity University Summits
Published on Oct 20, 2017

https://youtu.be/fwSkQa1tNmE
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2018 2:56:18 AM
This topic is still discussed in such a stupid way too often.

"Why do you believe or not believe that Climate change is taking place"

1 - The climate changes. It doesn't stay the same. Always has changed, always will change. If knowing this needs to be a belief or needs to be argued about, then something's wrong with you. It changes. End of story.

2 - Human presence and Human activity on the planet plays its role, just like everything else. It's not possible for us to be here and not affect things at all. That would be against the fundamental laws of physics of the whole universe. It's not possible for water to not be wet (when in liquid state, for those who'd be a smart arse). This shouldn't have to be argued about or proven.

3 - Exactly how much we are responsible for however things are...how much of an effect we have versus other natural factors...is a stupid thing to argue about concerning whether or not it's a concern to start with. How much are positive or negative effects our fault? How much would happen anyway without us here? Who cares! We are past the point where our influence is minor...we shouldn't need any proof that our influence is major, unless you're dense as heck. No matter what the exact quantifications are, the point is that we need to be mindful in certain respects, and modify our collective behavior. This strategy/philosophy shouldn't need any demonstration of efficacy or necessity.

4 - This isn't a scenario wherein we can afford to wait for a ton of data and proof for the effect we have and the need to address it. By that time it'll be too late if it's indeed the case that we're headed in a bad direction, and we might have only one chance at this, we don't get to try again...that's the real scenario. You don't drive a car half-blind, with a bad pair of glasses on your face, at high speed towards what you think might be a brick wall...it's blurry, you're not sure, not sure it's even there and can't tell how close it is...you don't wait until you're right up on it in order to have absolute proof that it's there and is a certain distance from you. That's not how you address such things. In those scenarios, you slow the heck down and be careful and be more observant...instead of thinking that you can recover and keep driving if you do happen to run into a brick wall.
 427cammer
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2018 5:35:06 AM
drinkthesunwithmyface:

This topic is still discussed in such a stupid way too often.

....and then you make a list. Now on that list, there's only one item that you think is a stupid way.... am I correct?

....anyhow.... I'll make a list too, but on my list will only be things I agree with and I won't try putting words in someone else's mouth.

1. It doesn't matter if every living person in Canada, or the US, or the whole planet is on the same page, and everyone absolutely believes that man is causing global warming, until technology advances quite a bit farther than it is now our dependency on burning things to provide energy will continue.... all of us believing the same thing isn't going to magically speed up technology.

2. It all depends on money... if half of our population don't believe in man-made climate change.... and these same people also believe that is vitally important to keep our oilfields (natural gas, coal) going in order to keep people working..... it wouldn't matter one bit. If technology did magically appear that allowed us to say goodbye to fossil fuels
the oilfields and tar sands and coalmines would be abandoned within a year.... the unemployed people would be forced into other employment.... the billionaires who supplied us with oil would now be the billionaires supplying us with electricity.

3. It all depends on money.... if your new fridge is energy efficient but only lasts 10 years where your old fridge lasted for 30... you probably are not saving enough money on electricity to buy three fridges instead of one. What this boils down to is that more energy is used in manufacturing those three refrigerators than one would have used.... when the manufacturer slaps that Eco-friendly sticker on their appliances they are lying.

4. I have always thought that real scientists don't mind people questioning their opinions.... now we are being force fed an ideology and are being told if we question it we will be ridiculed. And they lie about it. We are told that 97% of scientists believe that man is a major contributor to climate change but if you do some research you will find this is not true.

These "scientists" who are trying to tell us that we must agree with them?.... they don't understand the science of psychology very well... the more they demand compliance, the more I want to question them.

5. There are alarmists out there.... just this week on Facebook somebody posted a cover of Maclean's magazine (Canada's version of TIME) from 2012 that announced that our prior winter was the warmest since sixty-some years ago and also that Canada may never again experience a "typical Canadian winter". Fast forward to today and we're setting records for low temperatures.... I can still snowmobile from my house across the ice on a nearby river.... I don't remember ever waiting this long for the melt-off. When alarmists make predictions that don't come true, it is way more damaging to the climate change movement than to the people labeled as "deniers".
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2018 10:42:35 AM

...from 2012 that announced that our prior winter was the warmest since sixty-some years ago and also that Canada may never again experience a "typical Canadian winter". Fast forward to today and we're setting records for low temperatures.... I can still snowmobile from my house across the ice on a nearby river.... I don't remember ever waiting this long for the melt-off.

People are also kind of miserable about realizing there are other hemispheres involved in the global situation... as miserable and long and cold as our North American Winter has been, the polar areas themselves have actually had above-normal temps...

https://www.aer.com/science-research/climate-weather/arctic-oscillation/

How this all pans out with climate change really doesn't matter. What humans are doing is air pollution, plain and simple. Arguments have been made for decades what is acceptable, livable, tolerable to the local environment, etc... but it has always been judged and limited and regulated to specific areas and specific situations. We all breathe the same air. This ocean of gases exchanges and moves across all continents constantly. Humans are miserably myopic to their own local worlds and situations. Putting this into a global perspective is really what SHOULD be done. The sucky part is how to manage it. Nobody want to lose control or their own little corner of the world. Yet, no matter how well, or poorly we can maintain our own environment - mother nature will always win. This rock has been here a helluva lot longer than we have, and will continue to be here long after we are gone.
 pedata
Msg: 120
Posted: 4/11/2018 11:25:20 AM
With Morons like Trump and Pruitt, nothing will be done...but the truth is, all the world would do anyway is pay lip-service to the problem. As I understand it, we are very close to if not past the Point of No Return..... and even if we were not, there is no way the World would do enough to reverse the situation... Is China, India and Russia going to reverse course? Europe? Its probably all lipserve anyway. its kind of like the escalating US debt... it will bankrupt the country sooner or later... but its not going to be Ryan's problem... he'll be long gone.
 Goyswontbereplaced
Msg: 121
Posted: 4/11/2018 12:28:01 PM
(((Pedata))) ; this is why Nationalism works. You have isreal. Africa for Africans. China for the Chinese. etc. The inhabitants are responsible for their ecosphere. Usually , the more multicultural , the more polluted and uncivilized. Why should we stoop to 2nd or worse yet 3rd world eco standards, Sorry , think racial act local. Natural Law supercedes globalism. Clean your own porch. Do Whites have a Homeland like isreal? Where? When?
 pedata
Msg: 122
Posted: 4/11/2018 12:48:42 PM
Mr clean, the climate and environment is a world problem not a local problem. ..and nobody is stopping the WTS from all living in their own, secluded parts of the US. A bunch of Mr cleans running around...you could sell movie right. :-)
 from site to sight
Msg: 123
Posted: 4/11/2018 12:52:38 PM
" the more multicultural , the more polluted and uncivilized."

I guess the U.S. and Canada should be given back to the native Indians, and Australia be given back to the Aboriginals, since those countries became multicultural as soon as the first white man set foot on the soil.
 Goyswontbereplaced
Msg: 124
Posted: 4/11/2018 12:53:26 PM
I'll leave the (((hollyweird))) stuff to you folks.

White etnostates have and are forming at a breakneck pace. Self segregation. NOT supremacy.
 pedata
Msg: 125
Posted: 4/11/2018 12:59:18 PM
"""White etnostates have and are forming at a breakneck pace. Self segregation. NOT supremacy"""

A state filled with Mr cleans? Where? Will it allow tourism? Will it have it's own armies to enforce no diversity? Just curious?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why do you believe or not believe that Climate change is taking place