Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why do you believe or not believe that Climate change is taking place      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pedata
Msg: 125
Why do you believe or not believe that Climate change is taking placePage 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
"""White etnostates have and are forming at a breakneck pace. Self segregation. NOT supremacy"""

A state filled with Mr cleans? Where? Will it allow tourism? Will it have it's own armies to enforce no diversity? Just curious?
 427cammer
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Why do you believe or not believe that Climate change is taking place
Posted: 4/11/2018 11:03:23 PM
Sweet_Danimal :

People are also kind of miserable about realizing there are other hemispheres involved in the global situation... as miserable and long and cold as our North American Winter has been, the polar areas themselves have actually had above-normal temps...

The point I was making is that there are a lot of alarmists making alarming predictions which invariably turn out to be wrong.... it's because of these alarmists that regular people might not take global warming seriously.... moreso than those that are swayed by deniers. I wasn't attempting to say that our harsh winter is proof against climate change.

I know (or think) he was being facetious but drinkthesun's first point has some truth:

1 - The climate changes. It doesn't stay the same. Always has changed, always will change. If knowing this needs to be a belief or needs to be argued about, then something's wrong with you. It changes. End of story.

As near as I can find, earths temperature has risen by less than 1.5 degrees Celcius in the last 150 years... so maybe half or three quarters of a degree in the last fifty years?.... yet to the Believers.... they can notice. "Oh yeah this winter was definitely the warmest winter in my lifetime".... and then when we have a miserable winter "....well what would you expect... they call it climate change for a reason. It's all the melting at the icecaps and then sweeping all that cold air into Canada".

No matter what the weather is doing some people think it is strange and we "have never had weather like this before".

How this all pans out with climate change really doesn't matter. What humans are doing is air pollution, plain and simple. Arguments have been made for decades what is acceptable, livable, tolerable to the local environment, etc... but it has always been judged and limited and regulated to specific areas and specific situations. We all breathe the same air. This ocean of gases exchanges and moves across all continents constantly. Humans are miserably myopic to their own local worlds and situations. Putting this into a global perspective is really what SHOULD be done. The sucky part is how to manage it. Nobody want to lose control or their own little corner of the world.

I kinda agree with all of this. Can you think of a solution?.... I'm thinking we might be better off waiting for that magical arrival of technology to save us.

Do you think our governments could ration out fuel to each person or family?... or is it more likely that they'd just try and increase taxes enough that people made a significant cut to their fuel consumption because they could not afford it?.... such a tax would affect prices on everything... do you think people would stand for this? If Leo DiCaprio is still tooling around in his yacht, and Al Gore is still in his jet (because they can still afford fuel) but middle class dads can't take their kids waterskiing do you think we won't choose a government that serves us better?

I've talked to Believers in my personal life as well as online about what they do to cut back on greenhouse emissions... many of them don't do anything. Friends that I was real close to 20 years ago who like to express how much they think the oil companies are screwing our planet have gotten downright offended when I mention how they've burned more fuel hauling their horses to polo tournaments than I do driving for a whole year (in my previous job... I probably burn more now). These type of people chortle on about how we should have solar roofs and electric cars and yet they don't buy 'em... are they waiting 'til our government mandates that they make changes? Do they think it's unfair that they would cut back unless the rest of us are forced to as well?

When Warren Buffet talked about how it was unfair his secretary paid a higher tax rate than himself.... did he write any cheques to the IRS?.... did he direct his accountants not to take advantage of all the deductions that make his low rate possible? Does former President Obama pay extra in taxes?... does he maintain a low carbon footprint for his family?
 justinelle
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2018 4:19:23 PM
Who cares about it really, our lives are fuelled by fuels, and with the sea level rising at a mere 3mm a year its mainly poor people around the world that will suffer in the next couple of decades, and lets be honest, we could not give a dam.

It is also interesting that the Gulf Stream has lost a bit of its power, down around 15% which is great as it means western Europe will get colder in winter, and that will again kill of poor people who cannot afford to keep warm. This frees up housing, saves on medical care and pensions so it a good thing from a purely economic point of view. It will aalso help solve the homeless problem too, clean up the environment a bit.

What I love about it how we all learned from the mistakes of the NAZI's they were in a bit of a hurry, and purposely started to get rid of what they regarded as social problems, which was mainly a bureaucratic affair, and ended up in legal prosecutions. These day the bureaucrats have learned from history and now use a tool that cannot be blamed on anyone in particular, maybe a system here to there but its blameless, and a flawless legal way to eradicate tend of thousands a week or more. We use the tool of NEGLECT, and that way one can blame the victim for choosing their demise, its just brilliant!!

So let us play the game of agreeing or fore climate change or against it, and pretend to care, as all our rubbish goes mainly to landfill, or better the poor in some third world rubbish dump we create for them.

Meanwhile fellow hypocrites, lest continue consuming as normal, proving we do not give a dam and sup[port the corporatisatio of the world and the extinctions happeing on daily basis.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2018 10:53:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD5qHMHa5OI
 KPOL52
Msg: 129
Posted: 4/26/2018 10:31:04 PM
Since I am rational, intelligent, logical, level headed, reasonable, get my intel from multiple reliable sources AND choose to live in the RW, it's a slam dunk, no doubt, inescapable conclusion.

Of course, the fact that so few people understand the difference between weather and climate?

No wonder so many just don't get it and never will.
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2018 5:28:07 PM
Back in February (2018) NASA stated that the temperature in the arctic, near Alaska, was near 32 degrees F (0 degrees C) and the ice pack was half what it should be. I immediately did two checks:

1. I looked up the temperature at a local weather facility in Barrow Alaska, northern most city in Alaska. The high temperature was -4 degrees F and the low was -24 degrees F.
2. I brought up the latest satellite photo of the arctic from off of The Weather Channel. 80% covered with ice.

Seems to be a conflict between the government facts and private reporting of facts.

Hmmmmm.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 131
Posted: 5/10/2018 8:31:56 PM
may not just be a typo or a coincidence...there may be some scrubbing going on.

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2017/11/9/16619120/trump-administration-removing-climate-change-epa-online-website
 Jo van
Msg: 132
Posted: 5/11/2018 9:31:18 AM

President Donald Trump's administration has ended US space agency Nasa's monitoring system into greenhouse gases, a US journal has revealed.
The Carbon Monitoring System (CMS), a $10m (£7m)-a-year project which remotely tracks the world's flow of carbon dioxide, is to lose funding.
Science magazine reports that its loss jeopardises the ability to measure national emission cuts - as agreed to by nations in the Paris climate deal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44067797

Trump is still keen to spend more money on a military. "Space Force", (as well as increasing the general military budget by 13%, despite already spending more, than the next 6 highest-spending countries, combined )

He still thinks that global warming is a "Chinese hoax".
Just like Scott Pruitt does.
-Except at his own Irish coastal golf course, where he is campaigning for the sea defences to be made stronger.

Appropriate really, that his favourite place; Mar a lago, is built on a swamp.
If the sea levels rise, as predicted, it'll be mostly just mar.....

-But, he needn't worry too much,
Because he'll be in jail by then.

from site to sight
Msg: 133
Posted: 5/12/2018 6:05:04 AM

Appropriate really, that his favourite place; Mar a lago, is built on a swamp.
If the sea levels rise, as predicted, it'll be mostly just mar....

Is this what Trump was talking about when he was going on about "draining the swamp"? There's certainly not much swamp draining going on at the White House.

Mar a White House Lago: Where Trump spends so much time at-after babbling about how Obama was a bad president because he spent so much time on the golf course, and when he (Trump) becomes president, he won't have time to golf.

There must be a statistic somewhere that shows how much time Trump spends at MaL, versus how much time Obama spent golfing. It would show that Trump spends more time golfing than Obama did as president by a long shot.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 134
Posted: 5/12/2018 6:06:54 AM
so far, Chump 44, Obama 29

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/apr/17/who-plays-more-golf-donald-trump-or-barack-obama/

when Chump said he wouldn't have the time, he figured he'd be too busy with Trump U lawsuits and lying about scandals to have time to throw his clubs in the water.

hey, what are the odds...Chump cheats on his golf score? We all know he cheats on his wife and he lies about every little thing, after all.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why do you believe or not believe that Climate change is taking place