Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Coma_White
Msg: 235
view profile
History
LADIES - A Question of Height...Page 10 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)

Besides that being one of those self-fulfilling properties (she can’t be into him unless she’s into his height), there’s also the matter that it’s not even true often after it has been fulfilled. I’ve seen numerous postings from women on here in which they started dating a shorter guy, thought they were going to be okay with it, then had to break up with him because they slowly learned they couldn’t handle it – and, yes, they said it was entirely because of his height (or the height difference). Others have said dating shorter men taught them the lesson not to do it anymore, sometimes because he supposedly had a Napoleon complex but just as often because the height difference drove them crazy and they didn’t want to deal with that again.

Who cares? Do you think I worry about if the woman I'm messaging likes guys with long hairs, likes musicians, like guys under 6 feet tall, etc? I don't give a flying crap. There's always something you can do to up your game instead of worrying about things you can't change.

And I’m not talking about open-mindedness in sexuality (which does seem to increase among females with age) – I’m talking about open-mindedness in whom they are willing to consider dating (or get talked or tricked into dating). Now eventually you do get to a point where open-mindedness becomes a necessity (because there are just less men), and what’s important to a woman evolves over the years (“cool hair” from teenage years probably loses its importance when most men start losing their hair), but 30s and 40s is not that point. A single, childless woman in her 30s is the most selective woman on earth, because she has no time to be fooling around with guys that aren’t marriage-material and she is a high commodity due to being rare and therefore can afford to be that selective, despite there being so few single guys at that point. There is absolutely no reason for such a woman to be more “open-minded” about who she’ll date. Now if she’s in her 30s, weighs 250 pounds, has 5 children... that’s another situation entirely.

It doesn't matter how picky or how open minded she is. All that matters is that she gets you and feels attraction for you. You're so hung up on your insecurities that you can't see that.

You living in metropolitan Canada and me living in what is technically still the Deep South (Florida be cracker country beyond the beaches and Disney) probably means the women we’re surrounded by are very different. I swear, every other picture I come across is of a woman holding a dead animal. If I was still in Alabama, I’m sure it would be EVERY picture instead of every other picture.

Dude, I live in North Western Ontario. Hardly "metropolitan Canada". More like the middle of nowhere where truckers stop to eat a burger.

AGAIN, all of the women in my social circle are MARRIED (with the one “little sister” exception). Back when I was dating my girlfriend and my social circle included a whole bunch of attractive single women, I got hit on a lot... but was in a relationship! All those young women grew up and got married. Everybody I know is married (or in some kind of long term committed relationship), with the only exceptions being “little sister” and a handful of really bad ideas. How do I know they’re bad ideas? You know anybody for 10+ years, you can figure out if they’re “bad ideas.” My ex-girlfriend’s childhood friend who used to hit on me all the time when I was dating her friend is now single again and we reconnected at a wedding recently – I could try that, you know, if I wanted a nearly exact repeat of the girlfriend situation, including the racist future mother-in-law aspect. Some bad ideas just shouldn’t be pursued.

That goes without saying. Of course you're not going to date people that aren't good for you. The idea is not to simply exist in a stagnant social circle. Expand it or become part of new ones.
 Nth_degree1111
Msg: 236
view profile
History
LADIES - A Question of Height...
Posted: 1/26/2016 9:17:40 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think many ladies don't have a good handle on what different heights actually look like, and even misperceive what is right before their eyes. I've been with two women who both thought they were taller than I am, until I got them to stand in front of a mirror with me, and they realized that they were a few inches shorter. How does that happen?
 Nth_degree1111
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2016 9:23:49 AM

Why is it so difficult to accept SOME women PREFER taller men.

Because of the perceived reasons that the women prefer the taller man. It's like they feel that they are competing and that somehow landing a taller man is a trophy. They are slaves to unconscious primal instincts, instead of using the rational mind that allows us to think and reason beyond our instincts. It's what separates us from the animals.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2016 5:47:52 AM

He also lived almost his entire life in NYC. Being in not just the largest/most densely populated but also most diverse and most open-minded city in the U.S. makes a world of different for a short male.

I spent 3 months in Manhattan, spending a lot of time in bars and singles places. I never got the impression it was easy to meet those women. I rarely approach women, so who knows, but I never got any "buy signs", unless you count men.

(I spent time in bars across the country, as I used to travel for business, often I would have to stay for extended periods of time.)

I agree with you, growing up in an area that was strongly racially biased would be hard on me. I did live for a year in a neighborhood that was 95% black, it felt a little uncomfortable, especially going to the liquor store to buy beer. I don't think I dated anyone during that time, certainly not anyone from the neighborhood as I never socialized in that area.

Your comment about NYC made me recalled the article I had recently read.

"Short men don't stack up with NYC women."

The likelihood that a man under 5-foot-9 is contacted by a Manhattan or Bronx woman online is a scant 1.2 percent, with Brooklyn coming in with a paltry 2.4 percent response rate, according to a study conducted by the dating site AYI.com, which analyzed 50,000 interactions over two months.

Staten Island short stacks had just a 4.1 chance of being chatted up online, and Queens mini-men rounded out the boroughs with 5.4 percent.

“People in bigger cities have more options and tend to be pickier,” explained Josh Fischer, who led the study.

http://nypost.com/2013/12/08/short-men-dont-stack-up-with-nyc-women/

The guy in the article is 5.7, and to me I would have liked to be that tall, but he is still moaning about being too short!

I always thought big cities gave me more options, but I never considered that it also gave women more options. Maybe NYC is not quite the utopia you think it is?
 jaja808
Msg: 239
Posted: 1/27/2016 9:43:28 AM
Hawking, in some other countries height is not a deciding factor. Maybe take a vacation to the Philippines or another country where the men are known to be short.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2016 7:07:26 PM

Maybe take a vacation to the Philippines or another country where the men are known to be short.

I just checked - the cheapest airfare one-way from Minneapolis to the Philippines was over $1100. Most were $1400 or more.
I think there is less expensive ways to find people less pretentious. Getting out of downtown clubs and heavy urban areas is a start. Outstate trips hardly have to cost more than a tank of gas. Go meet people that don't give a damn about brand names or their lengthy pre-date checklists.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2016 8:05:51 PM

Traveled the world. Come to think of it, Mark is 6' and good looking. Coincidence? I think not.

Actually, it's not just for sexual prowess or anything, much like being in great shape is. Those who are shorter, on average, make less $$ per year, inch by inch. This association doesn't mean any direct causation, but there is a link, in many industries of work people will look at one more respectably (in some industries like nerd-based stuff being short isn't such a bad thing), and in platonic & social situations one will be looked at with more respect when taller, generally speaking.

But sorry, no can do. The meet didn't go well. Neither of us liked the other much. He retired from the evil empire about a week after our meet and his new company is only a couple blocks from mine. Hoping we don't run into each other at Starbucks. Come to think of it, his name is also Mark. Curiouser and curiouser.

Well, what happened?! I can understand a lack of clicking -- but he was attractive (you said he was 6 foot! lol) -- and definitely not a guy struggling to make ends meet... so what knocked things off course?

I think many ladies don't have a good handle on what different heights actually look like, and even misperceive what is right before their eyes. I've been with two women who both thought they were taller than I am, until I got them to stand in front of a mirror with me, and they realized that they were a few inches shorter. How does that happen?

I think it's when guys are taller than they by a noticable degree, they don't know or care, etc. But what you describe? I don't see that as a pattern, but have seen what you're talking about. So why? From my experience, these girls aren't dumb. Many times it's a bit tongue in cheek, somewhat serious. It's razzing in a way -- because when a gal's ABOUT as tall as the guy (remember, he could have bad posture; makes a diff), OR he's shorter than seemingly a majority of guys in the room and those guys don't tower over her -- so it's like, "yeah, it's like I'm taller than you," when really it wouldn't surprise her, as you're shorter than the guys she's shorter than too (another way of saying You're Short! [as a guy])!

“People in bigger cities have more options and tend to be pickier,” explained Josh Fischer, who led the study.

Big cities may be a source for picky people to resonate in, but in a big city you have different venues to hit up, and a lot more people to swing & miss against, and less worry of statistically running into them again (with fresh fish swimming by right after).

I think there is less expensive ways to find people less pretentious. Getting out of downtown clubs and heavy urban areas is a start.

I think that's the bigger source of "pickiness" rather than big city -- although big cities will have their share and attract club-goers, etc. For guys well under average height, they shouldn't look at clubs or chic/upscale urban places as their go-to places. Nothing wrong with hitting those up once in a while... you always want to keep things churning/moving when single (no sitting at home watching Netflix and relying on POF!), and also utilize it to socially sight-see, too. But when a guy's noticably short in such places, unless he's very popular/known/etc -- if he doesn't have the greatest "luck" with women, it's not happening there, and he's going to want to focus on other venues to get into his comfort zone.

Some places in urban society are the nerdy/emo/alternative spots that Don't have an "upscale" twang . Shorter guys can do well there.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2016 7:32:46 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think many ladies don't have a good handle on what different heights actually look like, and even misperceive what is right before their eyes. I've been with two women who both thought they were taller than I am, until I got them to stand in front of a mirror with me, and they realized that they were a few inches shorter. How does that happen?

I think most of us judge how tall someone is based on what we are used to seeing, not on our own height. And that our perception of ourselves is biased since we don't often see own person objectively.

So when I see a guy that is 5.4, I think it he is pretty short, not that he is the same height as I am. I sort of feel taller even though logically I know I am not.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 243
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2016 8:09:35 AM

just checked - the cheapest airfare one-way from Minneapolis to the Philippines was over $1100. Most were $1400 or more.
I think there is less expensive ways to find people less pretentious. Getting out of downtown clubs and heavy urban areas is a start. Outstate trips hardly have to cost more than a tank of gas. Go meet people that don't give a damn about brand names or their lengthy pre-date checklists.

That's too high, from Chicano round trip to the Philippines is $896, and round trip from Minneapolis is $1122.00. NOT one way.

Hawking has dedicated most of his life to attempting to make himself a better dating candidate. For instance, becoming one of the strongest men on earth in his weight category.

So spending money on a vacation doesn't seem that unreasonable if you consider how important he thinks this is.

Personally, my first priority of visiting a foreign country by myself is if I have some sort of personal / social connection to that place. Like I know someone that lives there, or a friend that is visiting relatives, or someone I can go with that has a business reason for going.

If I know of such a situation, I would then arrange some dates using OLD in that country, planning to socialize with my friends, also date multiple women and have a vacation in an interesting place.

The other situation, if I flew into someplace like Columbia where I know someone, I would be open to dating both in Columbia and Venezuela. Venezuela being fairly cheap to fly to from Columbia.

BTW, people around the world are pretentious, they are pretentious about different thing and give more weight or less weight to things Vs Americans.

I know people in Thailand can be very pretentious, they are very brand conscious, class and image conscious. Like, you should never wear the same shirt for more than one day. Having a Coach purse (or a good knockoff) or a new car is VERY important, etc. Male height isn't a very big deal, it's still a plus, but more important is their concept of having a "good heart".

Big cities may be a source for picky people to resonate in, but in a big city you have different venues to hit up, and a lot more people to swing & miss against, and less worry of statistically running into them again (with fresh fish swimming by right after).

I feel the same way with OLD, using the same rational resonate you just used.

My pool of OLD dating is so large it more than compensates for picky women. So IMO OLD is ideal for a short man, unless maybe he teaches poetry at a women's college.

I just think many men don't use the inherent advantages in OLD and use it instead the same way they date in real life.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 244
Posted: 1/28/2016 8:12:51 AM
^^^^^ I just watched an episode of Judge Mathis where an old retired guy ( late 60s, early 70s ), claimed to have a 27 yr old gf who lives in the Philippines , he's been seeing her for the past 4 years ( he visits regularly there )....

I'm thinkin....if HE can do it ....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
 ohenryx
Msg: 245
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2016 10:28:17 AM

dragonbytes
My pool of OLD dating is so large it more than compensates for picky women. So IMO OLD is ideal for a short man, unless maybe he teaches poetry at a women's college.

Wow! What a fantastic career opportunity. I think if I were ever reincarnated, that would be one of my first career choices.

ButterChickenChuck
I just watched an episode of Judge Mathis where an old retired guy ( late 60s, early 70s ), claimed to have a 27 yr old gf who lives in the Philippines , he's been seeing her for the past 4 years ( he visits regularly there )....

$898 round trip? And “visits regularly”? I’m thinking it might be easier / simpler / cheaper just to pay for it, directly? Although if you’re looking for long term, marriage, etc, and were having no luck anywhere else, then you might be able to justify it. Maybe.
 Coma_White
Msg: 246
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2016 12:44:20 PM

I feel the same way with OLD, using the same rational resonate you just used.

I just think many men don't use the inherent advantages in OLD and use it instead the same way they date in real life.

I really believe that dating isn't as hard as people make it out to be. The main problem is that people are lazy and can't be bothered to learn the basics. The problem with that is that you will suck at anything if you don't learn the basics. You will have a terrible golf game if you don't learn which club to use and how to properly hit the ball. You will never be good at Karate if you don't learn the basic kick and punch well enough to teach others. I teach guitar and drums at work and I show people how even the most difficult songs are made up of basic movements and anyone can learn them. Almost every person I've helped with a profile review had absolutely nothing in their profile that communicated any sort of attractive quality. To me, it's painfully obvious what they're missing, but people seem to have a hard time with this.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 247
Posted: 1/28/2016 1:34:02 PM

Because of the perceived reasons that the women prefer the taller man. It's like they feel that they are competing and that somehow landing a taller man is a trophy. They are slaves to unconscious primal instincts, instead of using the rational mind that allows us to think and reason beyond our instincts. It's what separates us from the animals.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think many ladies don't have a good handle on what different heights actually look like, and even misperceive what is right before their eyes.

FFS! You guys are really scraping the bottom of the excuse barrel! Right….we can’t tell height differences and have no choice but acquire a “tall” male trophy.

That deserves two laughing emoticons.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think many ladies don't have a good handle on what different heights actually look like, and even misperceive what is right before their eyes.

Blaming women for male inadequacies is tiresome and lame but as old as human existence and probably won’t change as long as men require scapegoats for themselves.

Exploitation is something else.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 248
Posted: 1/28/2016 1:37:05 PM
Oops…..

I meant:

^^^^^ I just watched an episode of Judge Mathis where an old retired guy ( late 60s, early 70s ), claimed to have a 27 yr old gf who lives in the Philippines , he's been seeing her for the past 4 years ( he visits regularly there )....

Blaming women for male inadequacies is tiresome and lame but as old as human existence and probably won’t change as long as men require scapegoats for themselves.

Chromis1
Msg: 249
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2016 2:52:05 PM

I think it's when guys are taller than they by a noticable degree, they don't know or care, etc. But what you describe? I don't see that as a pattern, but have seen what you're talking about. So why? From my experience, these girls aren't dumb. Many times it's a bit tongue in cheek, somewhat serious. It's razzing in a way -- because when a gal's ABOUT as tall as the guy (remember, he could have bad posture; makes a diff), OR he's shorter than seemingly a majority of guys in the room and those guys don't tower over her -- so it's like, "yeah, it's like I'm taller than you," when really it wouldn't surprise her, as you're shorter than the guys she's shorter than too (another way of saying You're Short! [as a guy])!

Tall, short, I just wish this dude could find a way to condense his thoughts.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 250
Posted: 1/28/2016 5:10:31 PM
Actually he HAS been doing that - I just scroll through when I see War and Peace posted. Over and over.
EB White was correct
As was Hemingway
Or maybe we should all start doing the same style// allow me..
Twas a bright and still sunny day when I was born a baby. I wish I could remember my first thought, my second was most likely Who are all you people and is there a happy hour?
Fast forward to Grade 1.. yes, the tallest child. Always end of the line ( line up shortest to tallest, tall one gets the dregs)
But late at night, laying upon my too short for the freakish long body I had become I would whisper Rosebud
Or Just chocolate Buds I cannot remember now, how memories fade like black clothing with bleach
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 251
Posted: 1/28/2016 6:17:24 PM
Ohenry wrote

"$898 round trip? And “visits regularly”? I’m thinking it might be easier / simpler / cheaper just to pay for it, directly? Although if you’re looking for long term, marriage, etc, and were having no luck anywhere else, then you might be able to justify it. Maybe"

When I was 36, living in the Czech Republic, girls in their early 20s were giving me the eye openly and I had a fling with a 23 yr old - that would not likely have happened here.

Now , at 50, I'm thinking I might have a similar like experience in a place like the Phillipines . And no, I'm not looking for just sex.
 Nth_degree1111
Msg: 252
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2016 6:20:24 AM

FFS! You guys are really scraping the bottom of the excuse barrel! Right….we can’t tell height differences and have no choice but acquire a “tall” male trophy.

That deserves two laughing emoticons.

What the hell are you on about? This makes no sense.

"Right….we can’t tell height differences " The anecdote I relayed really happened. Those women obviously couldn’t. You explain it to me then.

"have no choice but acquire a “tall” male trophy. " This also makes no sense. I never said anything about women having no choice...what? Just stupid. My point was that, as rational humans, and not purely instinctual animals, we DO have a choice. I just seems some people (men and women) don't bother to grow beyond the grunting stage and act like they are slaves to their instincts.

"Blaming women for male inadequacies " I'm not inadequate and don't feel that way. My height has never been a problem as far as I know. You, however, are trying to reinforce the idea that shorter men must be inadequate. You are the one with the shitty attitude, not me. Hahahaha!

I'm not even sure how exploitation got thrown in here.

Your post is ridiculous, asinine really. You couldn't be more wrong. Actually, YOU could be. Jezz, your posts help explain sites like Elite Singles. I’d be nice to actually have intelligent posters with good comprehension and the ability to engage in rational discourse instead of the childish tantrums thrown by insecure cranks who project their own inadequacies on others.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 253
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2016 9:47:20 AM

So when I see a guy that is 5.4, I think it he is pretty short, not that he is the same height as I am. I sort of feel taller even though logically I know I am not.

Dragon, you hit the nail on the head when it comes to the girl-guy thing about a guy's height. It's how one measures up against the others "in the room" (public in general). For a vast majority of situations, yeah, he has to Feel taller than she for consideration -- but the true assessment is how he measures up against other guys. No analysis is done, one doesn't logically size it up like a field goal kicker before a game winning kick or something -- it's just natural, instant -- a feeling, not a logical breakdown. It's how he is compared to other guys -- which is why very Commonly see cute, social gals at 5'2" wanting guys at a height not compared to her, but guys not on the short end of the stick compared to other guys (as one can see on Match height preferences).

I really believe that dating isn't as hard as people make it out to be.

You're right, it isn't as hard. Funny thing is, when one says "95% of the time, girls want X, and I'm not X/don't have X, so therefore," they're not understanding statistics. 5% is actually a Big Number when you deal with mass amounts of people coming by over time. When guys don't mind getting brushed off or even blatantly shot-down, it's just a time delay.

The main problem is that people are lazy and can't be bothered to learn the basics.

I wouldn't say it's a problem of laziness per se... I think phrasing it like that can give it the wrong impression. It's an issue of courage and self-esteem protection -- which tends to make one shy away from hitting things head on. People don't like rejection.

ANALOGY: BF & GF are going thru troubles and end up breaking up. The friend of the girl is consoling, etc. She's so confused, hurt, etc. To the outsider, it's pretty simple. To the hurt person during the breakup it's like some crazy game of chess, when it's not. It's simple game of checkers. There isn't much mystery. But the emotions get in the way making seem more complicated than it really is. Logistically, it's a simple concept. But to the person being dumped, it's a confusing semi-mystery in the least.

Tall, short, I just wish this dude could find a way to condense his thoughts.

Tu che. However, to be fair, if I summarized it in 1 or 2 sentences, there'd be question marks, so I preemptively answer questions to my conclusion that one may have. It boils down to my first rambling in this post, referring to Dragon's post. What he said. There -- summarized. :)

In the end, height matters not just with dating, but when voting in or hiring a leadership position. Folks like to downplay it for PC reasons, even though they don't believe it themselves. The only real argument is where/when it matters more or less than usual.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 254
Posted: 1/30/2016 9:55:11 AM
I try to be open-minded about a lot of things in dating - height being one of them, but sorry, I just can't look past it. I'm hard-wired to be attracted to TALL, dark and in-shape guys. I've tried dating tall, BLONDE, and it didn't get my juices flowing, I tried dating short dark and it didn't do it for me either. I like at least 5'9". My 16 year old son is pushing 6 feet, and it would feel weird if the guy I dated was shorter than my son. If a guy is shorter than that, he could possibly compensate by being super buff and bulky, but overall, I just love around 6' tall. Not much less, not much more. And I know guys have their hangups too, so it all evens out.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 255
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2016 6:38:33 AM
TrvstinKarma
I try to be open-minded about a lot of things in dating - height being one of them, but sorry, I just can't look past it. I'm hard-wired to be attracted to TALL, dark and in-shape guys.

I don't think attraction is really hard-wired at all, I think it's mostly conditioning, which takes place in early childhood and through our social environment. .

You can see by what different cultures find to be attractive in a mate, which does differ from culture to culture. You can see this when some people believe they are hard-wired for a certain type, but then fall in love with someone that isn't their type at all.

But I don't expect people to change what they are conditioned to be attracted to, and it isn't my mission in life to try and change it.

I am pragmatic and just accept the reality of the situation. BTW, this is not always the best way for society, if we all always accepted the current reality, women would never have been allowed to vote and blacks would have remained slaves. I am sure at one time the majority of white women would have said, they are just hard-wired to be attracted to white men and not black men.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 256
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2016 7:34:17 AM

I am pragmatic and just accept the reality of the situation. BTW, this is not always the best way for society, if we all always accepted the current reality, women would never have been allowed to vote and blacks would have remained slaves.

Well put.

I do believe if there is any 'hard-wiring' in attraction, it comes down to the basics - do you want male, or female?
Anything above and beyond that gets molded by society, our upbringing - what we see as 'normal' for couples and standards of attraction. It's not 'hard' wired per se, but a lifetime of peer pressure and societal standards creates an image that gets 'stuck' - sometimes even on the subconscious level - of what we prefer. The accusation of finding a partner that reminds them of Mom or Dad does have some merit.

I'm not sure why, but I see blondes as more 'attractive' in a magazine photo superficial sense. Always have. When I browse dating profiles, the blondes stand out. What's goofy is that I have never dated a blonde beyond a first meet. Not even one who dyed their hair. It's always been brunettes and such that won the 'match' game of mutual interest. Am I defying my 'Hard wiring'? I don't think so - because a picture is just a picture. Attraction falls into many fields; sounds, smells, touch - not just sight. What aspects of attraction we CHOOSE to follow makes all the difference.
 Dragracer428
Msg: 257
Posted: 1/31/2016 7:45:34 AM
Do any of the taller men on the forums use the same preferences? I know I do, woman should be at least 5'5" or I would likely pass by her profile.
Some years ago I did date a woman approx 5'0" but since I am 6'2" slowdancing was a little awkward. Sex in anything but the horizontal position was out of the question.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 258
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2016 8:13:16 AM

Do any of the taller men on the forums use the same preferences? I know I do, woman should be at least 5'5" or I would likely pass by her profile.
Some years ago I did date a woman approx 5'0" but since I am 6'2" slowdancing was a little awkward. Sex in anything but the horizontal position was out of the question.

Typically, couples don't like it when the man is more than 9 inches taller than his partner. You follow the general trend.

Also, much taller than normal isn't very attractive. I am guessing taller than 6.5 starts to lose it's appeal.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 259
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2016 8:48:48 AM

I like at least 5'9" ...... he could possibly compensate by being super buff and bulky, but overall, I just love around 6' tall

Being about average female height, this right here sums up most of gals' tastes. I think the angst is when girls roll their eyes at guys in general and express frustration that guys are too much into looks -- when they themselves are just as much into looks as guy, this being an obvious, key part. IMO, if there wasn't a trend about gals shaking their head at the trend that guys were (too much) into looks, there'd be less angst by (typically, shorter) guys on the subject. I remember many years ago in a forum thread in the localized section, a gal expressing disdain about guys being into looks -- but when challenged about wanting a Tall guy, not taller than she but Tall in general, she said she doesn't count that as looks - lol. I think that underlying concept is where the frustration is born for many.

Yeah, there is that -- if there's too big a gap, it'll affect a lot of guys' tastes. Many guys will enjoy a "spinner"... but yeah, something way too lopsided will turn down people's tastes in general. However, comparing guys' height preferences VS women's height preferences and what role that plays and what weight it Can carry for some, is comparing apples & oranges.

I am pragmatic and just accept the reality of the situation.

Definitely. A guy should understand what league he's in, looks is extremely key & also natural, and what maximum league he could be in if optimized (much like if-I-lost-weight/got-in-shape-bulky/etc).
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >