Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ouija2025
Msg: 29
LADIES - A Question of Height...Page 2 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
^^^ prolly because they reckon ppl fib about their actual height.. so 5' 10" nets them 5' 7" ;/
if you insist upon YELLING in your posts
PRINCIPLE
 rockstartrucker82
Msg: 30
view profile
History
LADIES - A Question of Height...
Posted: 1/3/2016 2:08:29 PM
I wasn't yelling, I was emphasizing.

And my mistake on the wrong word.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2016 2:11:43 PM

I just want to know where the arbitrary 5'10 requirement comes from.

It's the general "average height" in the US. The average height of a white male in the US is 5'10.5", women 5'4" to 5'4.5". No average assessment is exact, but basically 5'10" is the general "par".

The paying with coupons issue: I don't use coupons.

I agree with you that people who gasp ("Well I Never!") if a guy uses discount cards/coupons/etc when paying for the whole bill have to take a maturity check - lol. I mean, I advise guys NOT to do that... but it's a silly sub-cultural conditioning thing of "not to do", even though it makes no sense that it should be bad. If a guy has to hold off on paying the bill for a moment and has to race to his car "because I think I have a 50 cents off coupon somewhere under my seat! I think it expires in just a few days!" -- ok, tacky bad moment -- of course. But having a discount card, certificate, or paper on hand to apply for the bill -- why not? The guy (or gal) should only be considered "cheap" if they only tipped based off of the discounted price.

I really don't mind it, but some stranger I'm just meeting for the first time who will likely never talk to me again (which I just accept as a part of dating today), why does she automatically deserve to be treated?

If you asked her out -- whether it be formally so, or implied -- it's expected you treat her. Kind of like asking a reluctant buddy of yours to hit up the bar for a few beers and convincing him by saying "Hey, I'm buying." But in the case of a 1st date, it requires no apparent reluctance -- just a situation where her agreeing to go out with you is in that same boat. Another thing is if the gal isn't financially on solid ground, and more or less lives paycheck to paycheck, where the guy's doing just fine & dandy.. and that last beyond any 1st dates. But the paying for the date thing stems from when women didn't work or hardly worked, and relied on men financially... plus the tradition of a man courting her (one way) to impress her to garner her interest. Having SOME element of that, IMO, is OKAY, and is expressed many times in asking a gal out on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd date. But if the gal is self-sufficient, she shouldn't be upset that the guy past that 1st date motions for her to get the tip (or accepts her 'faux' offer to do so) or the couple drinks after dinner, or even to split it if he was never chasing her and didn't have any traditional roots or anything. She can not like that situation ideally and all, but she shouldn't get upset or think anything remotely close to wrong-doing was involved.

Have to have a car: I have a car and a motorcycle, so that's covered. But it's actually a common thing that you see this from people who don't drive themselves.

I think that should be a requirement if both people aren't living on a college campus scraping by taking classes, etc. Once past that, and not living in downtown Chicago or New York or something -- the guy should have a car if he wants to consider dating, and the gal should have a car if she wants to be a good catch.

Another places that commonly hypocritical. Where you can't live with family, because the other person does.

It doesn't help for the gal, but tolerable if she's pretty young. Guys are attractive by being independently successful -- at least to a degree for self-sustaining. It's kind of like having a car. :) If you can't bring a gal home without her having even the remote funny-fear of hearing "Not now ma, I'm on a date!" -- you're not set to date - lol.

Have to make good money:

Which kind of encompasses the whole still-living-with-parents and having a car. It's to cover that and other stuff, where the guy is on solid ground in that fashion.

The "nice guy:" This one is just fun. The same people who complain that they can never find a nice guy are claiming that the guys who act nice are really some jerk trying to get laid.

Well, more often it's "well, he's too nice". Mr Nice Guys(tm) get confused. They're raised by PC world-view which is inaccurate. They're confused because they'll see the same gals who complain about not finding a nice guy ignore guys who are (too) nice. They don't count the ones they're not into. Usually said gals are either chasing guys out of their league, only attracted to a demographic that has a ton of a-holes (they're attracted to that), are a jerk themselves -- or some combination thereof.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/3/2016 3:14:03 PM
I saw an interview today with Denver QB Brock Ostweiler…he’s 6’7”. There is no reason for me to settle for six feet tall when there are men way taller than that. what I like are giant muscular man thighs, football player types, only tall men have those.
 irishgirl772
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/3/2016 5:01:12 PM
^^+1
Too funny, lmao.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2016 5:31:57 PM

what I like are giant muscular man thighs, football player types, only tall men have those.

Not true. Muscular thighs, arms, chest are just as, if not more frequently found in guys under 6 foot. Many running backs are under 6 foot and quite muscular. Being under 6 foot doesn't make it more difficult to have muscle mass. If anything, it's quicker -- less mass to gain to have a "football player type" body.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2016 6:00:29 PM
why is it common for men to want a size 10 or thereabouts, preferably with implants and blonde?? lol!!
there is no real significance with the 5'10" other than that it is average tall for men. Most women, even wearing heels would be shorter than that height, that is all.

Any woman saying a guy is too nice or whatever.... is just stating that she is not feeling the chemistry, spark or sexual attraction.......
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/3/2016 6:08:21 PM

Not true.

Yeah it’s ridiculous for you to argue with me about what I like in a man.

It does seem a bit weird for you to claim to know so much about men’s bodies. :/
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2016 7:09:23 PM

I wasn't, at all. I was arguing the statement that "only tall men have those," that's all.

It does seem a bit weird for you to claim to know so much about men’s bodies. :/

Well first, I know a lot about football, which you alluded to -- lol. I certainly don't want a 5'8" Quarterback behind the line of scrimmage, nor one who's too lanky (prone to injury). But a bulky, fast 5'8" running back? Yep. Barry Sanders was about 5'7"/5'8" and had monsterous muscular thighs (for his running game). Plus, I am a(n athletic) guy, so yeah, I am going to know about guys bodies and expectations of muscle growth, etc.

Hey, I'm not knocking you liking Barry Sanders like muscular thighs! It's just not more found in taller men, is all I was saying. :)
 rockstartrucker82
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2016 8:29:29 PM

Well, he IS a man. I think we understand our bodies. I'd be worried if you knew more than he did. Just like you better know way more about a woman's body than guys do.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/3/2016 8:47:21 PM
"Yeah it’s ridiculous for you to argue with me about what I like in a man."

Ahem, I feel like I'm back in English as a Second Language class and we're playing a grammar game...

I believe your statement was a compound sentence consisting of two simple sentences, the second containing a subject, a verb and a pronoun, and it was the second that NG disagreed with "Only tall men have those." Stop being nasty to people for at least long enough to notice when you're not making sense.
 loveisatemple
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/4/2016 2:27:46 AM
Nobody has to have requirements deemed "reasonable" or " fair".
Some choose to lower standards to realistic ones to not be alone, others don't.

The dating thing is optional, not a right, entitlement, democracy, and you have to get consent for that.
The complaining about her "fairness" isn't making her say, why thank you for pointing out my standards exclude people.

She is an adult, and knows that.
Like you, she likes what she likes, and like you, has the right to choose.

Apparently some men think women cannot figure these things out without "making errors" of judgement.
If you have so little respect for them, why do you care what they do?

Pointing out why do they want a tall guy if they are short, has assets if they don't..etc..is like asking why an average looking guy wants a model.

Adults have their choices, and deal with their consequences.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2016 5:23:53 AM

Nobody has to have requirements deemed "reasonable" or " fair".

I get what you're saying, but I will say this isn't about requirements though, as nobody's claiming that. Nobody's required to (platonically) like minorities. Nobody's required to never insult others. Now, it shouldn't be Offensive that one's tastes are this way vs that way in and of itself -- I agree. However, sometimes some particular tastes rest upon a lack of respect (directly or indirectly) -- moreso than the person with said questionable tastes realizes (if at all). And many times particular tastes (that ride on poor beliefs or feelings) aren't good for themselves either! :) So it's always worth exploring/talking about.

EX: If a gal who's a 5 in looks only wants a guy who's a 9, and feels she's entitled to that and thinks she's in the ballpark range of a 9, that's not in her best interest.

EX: If a gal's conditioned that guys who are below average height are a-holes because their ex was shorter and a big a-hole, she's limiting herself + carrying on a false belief that's also insulting to others.

EX: If a guy thinks girls who are pretty but a little overweight while in her mid 20s are going to be Very obese once they get older, he's jumping the gun and unnecessarily limiting himself + carrying on a false belief that's insulting to others.

Pointing out why do they want a tall guy if they are short, has assets if they don't..etc..is like asking why an average looking guy wants a model.

Well, lol, an average guy (and average in everything including looks), statistically speaking, is pretty much never going to land a model. There's nothing wrong with ideally wanting a model... sure. But if most guys were like "If you're not a model, I don't even want to go out on a date with you, sorry," that'd be pretty bad news, right? :) It's definitely not like that.

I don't think there's any controversy about gals ideally wanting a guy who's 6'1". It's when they Require a guy to be more than merely taller than she (but taller than other guys), is when sh!t gets weird and eyebrows are raised. Combine that with said gals who have that requirement not admitting that it shows that looks IS Very Important to them, and that for some, negative personality stereotypes can be a driving force for that, etc -- yeah, argumentative discussions will be had! :)
 south_city
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/4/2016 8:16:02 AM

The point was being tall doesn't necessarily mean having more muscles. Not what you are attracted to.

I think men should be knowledgeable about their own bodies. In particular the ones that are in fairly decent shape. LOL.
 Chromis1
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2016 8:42:33 AM
OP, I'm not a woman, can't speak for women, but I can relate some of my experience. I'm 5'8", so below average. Match is one dating website that shows a woman's height preference, and 5'10" or taller was very common. Tolerances for shorter usually coincided with the woman's height, e.g., woman was 5'4" and was OK with a man 5'4". Somebody did a study, maybe OKC, that measured height preferences and, not surprisingly, a woman's interest increases with increases in a man's height, but more pertinent was that the level of interest didn't go up at an alarming rate. Also pertinent was that a woman's interest dropped dramatically for men who were shorter than herself. So, realistically, you've got the entire universe of 5'4" women as your potential pool. The more you've got going for you and, in your case, that would seem to be quite a bit, the better your chances will be. It's also been my experience that, the more you've got going for you, especially at our age, the less important height becomes, to the point that even women taller than you will show an interest.

Bottom line: Don't be discouraged.

As a side note: If you're 51 and searching for women age 43 - 53, you're gonna run into all sorts of trouble. 8 years is a pretty big gap. You won't have much luck going that low. Many 43 year old women can choose 35 year old men, if they so please, and you won't be able to compete. Think more realistically, say 48 - 55.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2016 4:10:42 PM
“If you meet a woman at some social establishment, in general they would be more likely to overlook your height because they might get to know your personality over time.”

This is a very common misconception, not simply about male height but basically any negative physical attribute. Most online dating sites are the equivalent of clubs and bars, with the only real difference being that usually there is no alcohol creating “beer goggles” during OLD sessions. Alcohol aside, one’s personality is no more likely to overcome negative physical attributes in such a social establishment environment than it is online because in both cases, there simply isn’t enough time for the personality effect to kick in. Approaching a random stranger woman in a club or bar with a brilliant line and her turning away because she doesn’t find you attractive is the same as sending a random woman a brilliant email and her not responding because she doesn’t find you attractive. You have to understand, these are environments in which the expectation is that people are going to meet for romantic reasons, so people react accordingly.

My best friend and some of her girlfriends took me out for my birthday last week. Despite being together, we had polar opposite experiences. Every woman I approached in the busiest club we were at quickly ducked away as soon as they saw me heading in their direction – most refused to make eye contact or acknowledge my existence even if I got to the point of saying something. Just as with OLD, I was not allowed to get to the point of being rejected for my personality. Not that this was any sort of surprising discovery – I’ve lived this my whole life.

In contrast, my best friend and her girlfriends (all attractive women) were targets all night. Not that that was a surprising discovery either. But for once I seriously observed the rituals and came to realize my female friends were in fact behaving exactly like the women who had been rejecting me. And yet they still ended up dancing with some guys and even kissing a few. The difference was, if they thought a guy heading in their direction was cute, they immediately became approachable… which is something I have never experienced with a pure stranger woman. So, usually, they were putting up the same kind of defense I experienced every time, sometimes even using me as the “boyfriend” shield if an undesirable guy ignored their nonverbal rejections and got especially aggressive, but if a guy was “hot,” they made eye contact, smiled and awaited his approach. Had absolutely nothing to do with his personality, except arguably the confidence to approach them. Which I obviously had, too, but it didn’t matter, because personality does not matter if there is no physical attraction first under those circumstances.

In my own personal experience, the only time personality overcomes negative physical attributes are situations in which two people are forced to converse with each other for an extended period of time, particularly academic and workplace environments (the days of which for the former are long gone for me and the latter is always rife with danger). That’s how I got my one girlfriend, who was way too attractive for me, as well as a couple of other long term dating situations and even my two best friends, both very attractive, popular women who have no other friends that are even marginally as unattractive as I am. None of those women thought anything of me upon meeting me (for all I know, some of them were repulsed) but after weeks/months/years of being forced to hang out with me, they came to like my personality.

Some people have suggested joining clubs or participating in activities – these are gray areas, in my opinion. If they are essentially activities that have primarily evolved into excuses to meet people (gyms, dancing lessons, spin classes, etc.), then how is that any different than OLD or clubs/bars? Your results will be the same. But if it’s an activity you genuinely have interest in, then why not – what have you got to lose? You were going to be doing it anyway. But the majority of activities fall along gender lines, just because men and women by nature tend to have different interests, and this is even true for interests most people don’t even think of as being gender-specific. My “hobby”-that’s-practically-become-another-job is filmmaking, and 90% of those involved outside of unapproachable actresses are male. I rarely ever meet single women, much less approachable ones, when participating in that activity.

For the most part, extracurricular activities are just an appendage of the real world, so you really can’t expect substantially better results from them than you’re getting from everyday activities. If no one’s letting you approach at bars or clubs, if no one’s sending you emails or responding to your emails, then you shouldn’t be shocked when you show up to a dancing class and nobody wants to be your partner or you join a scuba class and nobody wants to hang out with you afterwards. Meeting new people is not going to make you a new person. Having some things in common with a woman is not going to make her think you’re husband material. Outside of becoming rich and famous, changing your rank in the pecking order after becoming a mature, established adult is nearly impossible. Some will claim that men’s fortunes change in the twilight years because there are less men to compete with but fact of the matter is, most women are very content with being alone if there aren’t any men around they deem worthy of being with, especially more mature and independent women.

The OP has been married and has children, so I’d say he’s much higher on the pecking order than I am, so he’s got that going for him. Not that that makes it any easier in the big scheme of things, because height definitely matters, and matters a lot. But although seeing women's height requirements on Match can be very deflating for short men, at least the site does offer the “Reverse Match” and “Mutual Match” searches: you can eliminate all the women who have indicated they have no interest in someone with your statistics and instead concentrate only on women you may have an actual shot with, whereas on POF you’re just throwing darts across a dark football field, as there is no way to tell what 90%+ of the women on this site might find attractive (there are no fields for attraction preferences here and a fairly small percentage mention their attractions in their profile text area – and if they do mention height, you can bet it is to disqualify you). Match may not be worth the money to tall men who get many responses and emails on free sites just by taking shots in the dark (or doing nothing at all), but it is a far more efficient use of a short man’s time. Not having to waste time on the very large amount of short women who won’t date short men is worth the price of membership just by itself.

“It's just a matter of time!”

I’ve grown old on this site.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/4/2016 5:03:27 PM
SpringWalk- It depends on the woman.
As with all things superficial, some are focused primarily on what they see (or totally on what they see).
Others are more focused on who you are, as a person.
You will have to be patient and wait for the later type.
 flaneur001
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2016 7:51:06 PM
Hawkings! It's beyond me why you haven't met anyone! My guess is that you are in the wrong city. Have you ever been to Toronto? We have every film festival imaginable here!
 south_city
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/4/2016 8:52:45 PM

This is a very common misconception, not simply about male height but basically any negative physical attribute. Most online dating sites are the equivalent of clubs and bars, with the only real difference being that usually there is no alcohol creating “beer goggles” during OLD sessions. Alcohol aside, one’s personality is no more likely to overcome negative physical attributes in such a social establishment environment than it is online because in both cases, there simply isn’t enough time for the personality effect to kick in.

I will give you an example of what I'm talking about. With OLD a woman that is 5' 4" may not be interested in a man that is 5' 10" because he is not 6 ft tall. However if she sees him at a social establishment, she might not even realize he is not 6 ft tall because he is still several inches taller than her. Of course, physical attraction will still matter, but if a man isn't drastically different than a woman's usual physical type, then there might be an opening. That's where personality can make a difference.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/4/2016 11:07:12 PM
I think most women prefer a man who's taller and some women honestly don't care. We all know families where he's the same height or shorter.

I'm 5 '7, and I've gone out with men from below 5 '7 to between 5'7 and 6' 1. I was feeling comfortable with, I'd say, 5' 10 and above. I wouldn't wear high heels around 5'10 but I don't wear those anyway. The heels I own are 2 inches or so.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2016 7:15:45 AM
South City: I do agree that most short women probably can’t tell the difference between a 5’10 man and a 6’ man in “the real world” (especially an alcohol-infused one) and would be less likely to reject the 5’10 man for not reaching their optimum height in that environment than online. But the thread wasn’t really about average-heighted men being slightly too short for finicky short women, so your example doesn’t apply to the OP (or me, for that matter), as they can definitely tell the difference between a 6’ man and a 5’4 man in “the real world” so the likelihood of rejection for men of our height is the same online or in the real world.

Also, even in the case of the 5’10 man, I don’t think his odds would be significantly reduced online, because most women don’t have a Seinfeld-ian personality and consider their preference listings as more “guidelines” than actual rules. Even I’ve received messages/winks/likes on Match from women whose profiles explicitly disqualify me for being too short (sometimes significantly) or the wrong ethnicity or age. So most 5’4 women who list 6 feet minimums on Match probably aren’t going to reject an otherwise “perfect” 5’10 guy who contacts her. But if a man her own height expresses interest, he has essentially no chance online or in the real world, because that’s too distant from her ideal, which she can easily assess in either environment.

Interestingly, one of my female friends who was with me on my birthday is 5'10 (and about 6'2 with the 4 inch heels she was wearing that night). I knew most of my short female friends would dance with me because they have before but I was pretty shocked when the tall one asked me to dance, as she's always very much about "appearances" and the two of us together on the dance floor must have been a very bizarre sight (and probably even felt weird to her since she had to bend over to be close). Then again, she was very drunk by that point and probably didn't care.

OP: Expanding on what I said about Match, my response rate on that site has always been several times higher than POF because, to use car sales terminology, all of the women I contact on Match are “prequalified”: their preference listings indicate a willingness to consider someone my height/race/etc., whereas on POF you have no such guidelines and you’re essentially just going into the process blind. Yes, it is common sense that short women are more likely to consider short men than taller women, but there are dozens of studies, thousands of Match profiles and millions of personal anecdotes (many in this thread) that all point to the fact that the vast majority of women our height or shorter will not date men our height, so even though the odds are better with shorter women, they are still pretty bad. Next thing you know, you’ve been here 9 years and contacted over 10,000 women with nothing to show for it.

I’ve been on Match far longer than POF has existed yet have probably only contacted a few hundred women on it, because the preference disqualifiers on that site leave me with far fewer contact options, and yet I have more all-time Match responses than POF responses. This is even true despite the fact that I sometimes go months or years without a Match membership but I’m always continuously on POF. When your dating pool is very small but not easily identifiable (women who will date short men are completely randomly sprinkled among the population), it is highly advantageous to be on a site where they identify themselves rather than having to play the world’s most difficult guessing game.

Also look into Tinder, since it is very popular but doesn’t have height listings. Yeah, you might occasionally get paired up with a 6 foot woman which is inefficient since it is a situation that will likely go nowhere, but you might also get paired up with a shorter woman who under normal circumstances would automatically reject you but may discover that she likes you before finding out your height, and it’s a much more honest situation than being on a regular site like Match or POF and claiming you are taller than you are and hoping you’ll be forgiven after she finds out you’re not. Trust me, that will almost never be the case.

flaneur: I have been to Canada but not Toronto; none of my movies have been good enough to get into TIFF. :( I barely survived the winters in Alabama (and Florida is kind of sucking this week), so I’d probably be a popsicle after a single January day in Toronto. I understand that I would probably be somewhat better off dating-wise (and probably career-wise) in, say, Toronto, NYC, Chicago or some other much larger and more progressive Northern metro, but my health has always been frail and I tend to doubt it would be helpful for my dating prospects to be sick 8 months of the year. Which actually was the case most of my entire childhood in Alabama. By comparison, I don’t even remember being sick in 2015. But I was very sick for a while in winter 2014... after spending several December days in both Alabama and New York. I do sometimes regret not moving to Los Angeles when I had the chance. All that said, my negatives would be negatives anywhere, because they’re universal negatives, but as someone who fled a place where I had no chance of ever dating to a place where I occasionally used to get dates, I’m well aware that location has played some part in my overwhelming failure. Just not as much as some would like to believe. Sometimes, it's just you.
 Chromis1
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2016 7:53:53 AM
Hawking, yeah, you've had it tough here for the most part and you write volumes about the height issue.

But when I look at your profile the first thing I notice is that I can't see your teeth. Have you ever shown your teeth in your profile? Do you understand how important it is for some women to see this? Do you know what assumptions a woman might draw from pictures that show no teeth?

If you answer, brevity will be appreciated.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 52
Posted: 1/6/2016 6:54:43 AM

If you answer, brevity will be appreciated.

This is probably the best advice that will be given all day.
This should be a screen sticker.
 south_city
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/6/2016 7:11:52 AM
When I was on Match, I received emails from women when I didn't exactly match all of the traits that she was interested in according to her profile. I still think that is the exception and short men have a relatively better chance offline. With OLD people can raise their expectation level / have stricter requirements because there are more possible options ( compared to what a person may have in their normal routine ) and develop the "grass the greener" mentality. People often either won't budge from their requirements. Or if a woman does has initial interest in a shorter man's profile, he has a lot of competition. A woman may talk to him until she gets an email from a taller man that she likes and ignores the shorter man.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2016 7:26:54 AM
Chromis: With my parents being teachers, I’ve had perfect dental care throughout my life and my teeth are 100% straight and white. However, the small gap between my front two upper teeth did not qualify to be filled in under any insurance, so I am somewhat self-conscious of it. There’s also the matter of black people often having this tendency to look a little ridiculous when they smile with a lot of white teeth showing (I remember in middle and high school when kids, both black and white, used to tear up black kids for smiling in the yearbook, accusing them of being “Cheshire cats” and whatnot). Because of those two things, I do not tend to show my teeth when I smile for photographs though occasionally they will show up in action shots. But I do understand what you're saying. The last woman I met from Match (like a decade ago now) said to me upon meeting me: "Oh, good, you do have teeth! I was a little bit worried from the pictures." But I guess kind of the point is, she met me anyway, so I keep smiling without teeth.

South City: In general I agree with that post, but I don't think short men have a SUBSTANTIALLY better chance of meeting someone offline than online (all other things being the same). It is SLIGHTLY better. The competition factor is just as strong in the real world as online -- a woman in a club will easily be able to ignore a short guy in favor of the many tall guys who are hitting on her. The only situations in which a short man will have noticeably better odds in the real world are the ones I've already pointed out: situations in which a woman is forced to get to know him over a long period of time, which could lead to her forgetting he is short if his personality shines through enough. The first thing any person notices about any short man upon meeting him is that he is short. You can't overcome that handicap in a 1 minute interaction.

“This is probably the best advice that will be given all day.”

You know, if you look at your history, you have a lot of posts that consist of 5+ paragraphs. Furthermore, you have 25 posts over the past 2 months. I have 4 posts over the past 6 months.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >