Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Men, would you date a woman who is pregnant? Why or why not?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HereComesYourSun
Msg: 25
Men, would you date a woman who is pregnant? Why or why not?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
"The more intelligent people I know have chosen to not have children or to only have one or two tops.
It seems that the more kids a person has the less intelligent they become.
I have an acquaintance that has 4 kids and she'd be the first to admit this as being true."

LAUGHING OUT LOUD
That's a very unintelligent paragraph. You should rethink that.
 perspektiv
Msg: 26
Men, would you date a woman who is pregnant? Why or why not?
Posted: 9/4/2016 9:52:02 PM
I did once, but thought it through. I ran.

Why would I want to pick up the pieces, from some other guy's accident?

Also, I'd question the priorities of a pregnant woman, thinking... "Okay, yes I'm about to become a mother, but I need a boyfriend, to hold my hand while I deliver my ex's baby in two months".
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 27
Posted: 9/4/2016 9:58:47 PM

... some other guy's accident?

I've never heard a child described that way before. I suspect it was best for all concerned that you ran ;)
 Robyn143
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2016 9:33:42 AM
I did once, but thought it through. I ran.

Why would I want to pick up the pieces, from some other guy's accident?

Also, I'd question the priorities of a pregnant woman, thinking... "Okay, yes I'm about to become a mother, but I need a boyfriend, to hold my hand while I deliver my ex's baby in two months) wow..you are a horrible human being...good thing you ran before you ruined two people's lives..and I am not including you in that count..wow
 blackbirdfly2u
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/8/2016 7:59:30 PM
I'm wondering why someone would date while pregnant. You can't wait a few months?
If one of my 3 sons came to me and said "I'm thinking of dating this pregnant girl" inwouldmhave to have a long serious chat about consequences, raising someone else's child, the legal ramaphications and more. Also, how fair is this to a baby, soon to be child?
 perspektiv
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/9/2016 7:06:43 AM

I've never heard a child described that way before.

If you have not heard of the term, I'd suggest you speak to more homeless youth, or people in group homes (who very commonly, are in abusive households). You'll be a little more familiar, with the term. You know, of kids put on this earth, via parents who wanted nothing to do with them. Unwanted kids, if "accidents" is too offensive for you.

Kids don't ask to be born. Its a sacrifice you make, in having them. Takes a certain maturity level, as a result.

Me walking away, was me noticing the high levels of drama she was going through (red flagging an insanely immature woman, in her late 20's at the time). The fact, she was prioritizing dating, when an emotional mess, and that she had been ditched by her fling who got her pregnant.

He bailed out in a way, that made it clear, the child was unwanted (or an accident, whichever is easier for you to absorb). Of course, she was keeping the child, but there is no denying that the pregnancy was not planned by either of them. Amplified, by the fact she was nowhere near ready financially. Sounds like an "oops" pregnancy, to me.

She was clearly looking for a father figure, and a man to save her from her mistake. I've dated women with kids before. I don't have an issue with children, and am told am good with kids. I see myself as a role model, and am not looking to replace a vanishing father figure, with someone who's clearly prone to poor decision making. I.E You sleep with a guy early on--its a stranger (she had just met the guy, admitting it wasn't a relationship). Use protection.

That's quite a bit of pressure to put on a man's shoulders. Not a decision that should be made, lightly.

Don't get it twisted. Children are a blessing. However, they are as such, to a parent *wanting* the child to begin with. People seem to get blinded by an adorable baby, and socially never seem to question who chooses to get pregnant. Just because you have a vagina and he has a penis, does not mean you'll be fit parents. That's just common sense.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/11/2016 3:07:38 PM
OP, you were lucky to find a sucker. Things were bad enough six years ago but now a man would have to be a complete idiot to open himself to such risk. Getting some easy cooze is one thing but anything more than an anonymous encounter? A man should value himself more than to resign himself to some other guy's sloppy seconds.

I'm no moralist. Sluts are fine for what they are and I don't even blame them for trying to cushion themselves from the consequences of being one. I do blame simping men, however, for worshipping another guy's throwaway piece of ass.
 revoskeepnus
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2016 7:54:53 PM
Pregnancy makes you really h0rny. In a perfect world/// we'd still have our mates, but stuff happens. I refused to date with my last pregnancy, but ended up desperate as hell dying out. IDK if it was good for the baby or my body to go that long without sex. But, ya know, morals. I sure as heck didn't think of myself as 'throw away trash'.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/11/2016 10:10:17 PM
msg 35

That is perfectly fine. You should think and act in whatever way suits you. So should any woman who finds herself in similar circumstances. Nobody should have a problem with that. On the other hand, a man who does date a h0rny pregnant woman is flirting with danger. It is in his interest to steer clear. She should do what is best for herself and he should do what is best for himself.

A woman who doesn't think of herself as "throwaway trash" isn't safer for the man. Often she is more hazardous. In this day and age the only choice that a man has is to get involved or not to get involved. If he chooses to get involved then it will be the last real choice that he ever makes. Here again, you can't blame her for serving herself. Blame him when he screws himself.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2016 3:15:19 AM
Some people do want a father-figure in their lives, or help raising and caring for a child. Nothing wrong with that.

Human children really DO need support when growing. And there's no excuse for cutting off support - it's the children who need support, and it's not their fault.

For myself - at the age of 63 now - I don't want to live with, raise or have a child. As such, I would be reluctant to date a pregnant woman. I don't feel bad about that; women and children who want a male parent shouldn't end up with people who don't want to be parents. It's a recipe for misery for all.

And what of the kids with no supporters? We know that parentless, institutional upbringing is devastating, not to mention that parents who love and support their kids do all they can to give them an advantage over other kids - special tutors, educational materials, and the socially-destructive plague of private schools. That unfair desire to put one's first is a big part of why I don't want to be a parent - I don't think I could ever accept being unfair to the world in the interests of my own responsibilities to a child. B.F. Skinner and others have speculated on the possibilities of raising ALL children without special parents, and others have experimented with communal parenting models that don't tie one's life to the parents one can't choose.

I don't think we should be unhappy our governments and societies provide supports to children with no parents, or parents who can't provide a decent life for them. Marriage evolved in large part as a way to free people from supporting children who aren't their own, and in parts of the world where men don't traditionally support their offspring (like large parts of sub-Saharan Africa) population control is difficult to impossible.

ASERICO:

It's true that inequality worsens the resource distribution problem, but not the resource exhaustion problem. Whatever our population level and standard of living, and whatever we do to catch up with all the environmental problems from climate change to agricultural contamination, we can be certain that there is some level at which the human population is not sustainable. And that no program hoping to deal with the population we have will succeed before it is obsoleted by the growth of population.

There's little to be gained in fighting to redistribute wealth or reduce our standard of living in an attempt to reduce inequality and environmental degradation when population grows both exponentially (as it naturally does, given how human breeding chain reactions work) and without limit.

And, of course, if we DO manage to limit population, we can hope that technological and social progress will enable us to all live decent lives without trampling on others.

In an ironic twist, this planet would be better off with a lot fewer people and a lot more cars. Cars don't create more cars.
ED BEAR
 revoskeepnus
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2016 6:54:19 AM
Women that don't view themselves as throw away trash are hazardous???

hmmm........

Maybe we just value the good parts of ourselves and realize the mistakes are actually blessings in disguise. I was given money for an abortion, didn't abort, and my kid is freaking awesome. I made the right decision....

I just think a heavily sexed pregnancy makes for an easier delivery.

Above Poster: that's fine if you dont' want kids. Be sure not to date anyone with kids. It isn't fair to the woman for you to take up her time if you have no desire to be a dad.
 prime ribb
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/12/2016 9:29:06 AM
I remember back in the days of MySpace a pregnant woman from Vermont contacted me for a date and a potential relationship. Now not only she had a baby on the way, but she had four kids to boot.

I passed. I didn't want to be involved in that hot mess. This is just me but if you're like four months away from having baby number five, the last thing that should be on your mind is getting a new man. Hell, wait a good year or two before you want to bring a new man in.

I'm aware that there's some guys who don't mind, but I do. If you can avert going into a disaster area, you should.
 ImSoFr3sh
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2016 7:12:48 PM
Well said. I must say there are a lot of creepy weirdos on here looking for either an fling or live sex doll UGH. I'm almost about to give up. Need a god fearing wholesome man. Looking for someone to marry. I don't date for fun. Anyways I enjoyed reading your post. Once again, well said.
 cooldog65
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2016 9:06:30 PM
^^^^^ Welcome first-time poster to the crazy world of the POF forums. Whose post were you referring to? Religious beliefs doesn't automatically determine if a man is good or not.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2016 7:27:23 AM
"Slut" is just a word people use for others who get as much sex and they wish they did themselves.
ED BEAR
 ryuoki
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2016 6:09:04 AM
It would for the most part depend on how far along she is. Third trimester, I would think it best to wait till after you get your child past the 2h feeding stage and you are rested. Not enough time to really form much of an emotional bond really at that point. 2nd trimester, more likely. And first trimester, you are probably still getting over the father but I might bite still. Fact is, I am interested in dating the woman, not her condition, so to speak. Things happen all the time. And when dating someone you have to accept them as they come, or don't.
 NYCKOSI
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/2/2016 8:56:27 AM
Nooooo way. In my opinion. give birth first raise the child for a few years then start looking. That way it shows you are capable of being a good parent and a good person.

Looking while pregnant is bad bad. For the most part I'm sure you know they type of guys you will attract. I don't need to tell you that.
 tigerboy1988
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2016 6:05:43 PM
i would but i dont want to be the dady i just want help with the baby
 POTATOMANpart2
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/23/2016 3:52:22 AM
I only date preg, after the birth i call it off
 zmandude240
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2016 9:52:14 PM
It wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me, but someone like OP that has had it happen twice I would say NO. I'm not going to pay for and raise your **stard kids because you can't wait to commit to have kids. However if it's just one time and I can verify that it was either a rape, the baby daddy was manipulative/abusive, or the baby daddy completely ditched her like a deadbeat, I would date a pregnant woman assuming she is open to kids of my own in the future.
 ryuoki
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2017 8:42:30 AM

You can't wait a few months?

If you had kids you would actually know that a few months after having a baby the single mother is going to be TIRED!! New babies require feedings every 2h for almost the first month till their digestive systems can tolerate something more substantial and slower digesting like rice meal. Dating while pregnant at least gives the mother the opportunity to meet potential suitors while she is still in essence 'free to do so'. In fact if there is enough time to actually meet and settle on someone before the baby comes she might just have the extra help she may need (depending on how good of a relationship she has with her own family). And having that extra help is a huge advantage. And that would be assuming parents are free to leave work to assist.

I recommend dating when ever you are comfortable to do so, pregnant or not. Life waits for nobody, but no one should rush in either.
 NYCKOSI
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/11/2017 4:19:19 PM
To date a woman that is still caring some other guys sperm inside her??!!! I should get my head check!
Posted: 1/13/2017 8:43:52 PM
Absolutely not.
 Ingweemalmsteen
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/13/2017 12:27:30 PM
lol....I know eh.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2017 12:37:29 AM

dating a woman who is pregnant. Someone who may be single or is in process of ending a relationship.

OR is in the process of ending a relationship? OMG. NO. Why would I date a gal who's pregnant with her BF's bay-bay, who she's still with but is going to (knock on wood) break up sometime soon? Sheesh.

Unless it's someone you've already known and set for an unusual but positive situation-- no, one shouldn't put themselves in position of nabbing a new BF while pregnant... certainly shouldn't be out on the hunt For a new one.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Men, would you date a woman who is pregnant? Why or why not?