Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Mrn, how many of you would date a pregnant woman?? Why or why not?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cooldog65
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Men, how many of you would date a pregnant woman?? Why or why not?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Absolutely no way no how would I even consider dating a woman who is pregnant. I get that people have sex, but I don't need an obvious reminder that she may have had unprotected sex with somebody else recently. 

Baby daddy drama is a strong possibility here. No thanks!

OP...how come these guys don't stick around after knocking you up? I'm puzzled...
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 22
Men, how many of you would date a pregnant woman?? Why or why not?
Posted: 4/26/2016 6:04:49 PM
I wouldn't because if I ever did decide to have a child I would want it to be at least HALF mine.

What can I say ?

I'm an old fashioned fuddy duddy
 gsr1197
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Mrn, how many of you would date a pregnant woman?? Why or why not?
Posted: 5/5/2016 3:21:15 PM
The problem isn't so much about the woman, it's about the situation. There are societal norms at play, plus a lot of guys fear the responsibility that will come with dealing with a pregnant woman, especially one who the kid isn't theirs. It's a bit of a tricky situation. There are women in those cases looking for support, both financially and emotionally and that is a concern for a lot of guys. I can say for honesty that I pass on those profiles myself, but the reason is that it invites way too much drama. I wish you luck though!!
 Maleman999
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/6/2016 7:13:38 AM

Msg 25: I would it would not bother me at all.

You should have no problem finding a single mother or soon-to-be single mother then, if it doesn't bother you-especially if you don't have kids of your own to worry about and pay for. I wouldn't be as quick to say it's not a bother until you try it and see what involved in parenting-and with a kid that's not your own. Would it still not be a bother if the kid's father is still in the picture or returns into the picture to play the daddy role?
 Scaretale
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2016 12:43:28 PM
I would not date a pregnant woman either.

It would feel like dating someone who just got out of a break up. They just aren't ready to date...they need to heal, and learn to be happy by themselves, before jumping into things with someone else to fill the void.
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2016 11:56:27 AM
Hell no. A woman who is pregnant clearly has other priorities.
 Perspektiv
Msg: 27
Posted: 6/6/2016 6:12:49 PM
I've been faced with the situation, and had to turn it down. I just could not fathom dating someone, who is still pregnant.

Too many things would be crossing my mind.

I.E Why is she focusing on dating, vs being there for her newborn child (who essentially, will require her undivided attention, in its formative years)? Also, why would she trust any guy who'd be down for this type of an arrangement? Any guy in their right minds, would run.

Her ex knocked her up and left her, or did she ditch him? Either or, would likely result in her looking for an immediate father figure to replace them. Otherwise, she'd be focusing on her child, and ensuring she stood on stable ground, before venturing to find love.

I'd want nothing to do with the situation. Knowing myself, I'd get attached to the child, and that's an immense amount of pressure on me, for someone I've likely got little time to get to ensure is "the one". Not the type of mistake I want to make. Especially so, if a child is involved.

Sorry for sounding like a jerk, but I'm no hero. Save yourself.
 Health_Is_Wealth
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/15/2016 3:40:33 PM
HELL NO!!!

I would not do. I could not date a woman knowing that some dude was already squirting and splashing all up in her. The very fact that another man's child is growing inside her disgusts me alone. On dating a pregnant woman, I would emphatically decline. The only way I would be involved with a pregnant woman is if I'm the father. That's it!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Mrn, how many of you would date a pregnant woman?? Why or why not?