Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Militiamen occupy U.S. national parks building in Oregon      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cotter
Msg: 51
view profile
History
oh, they brought the Whine, alrightPage 3 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Hmmmm ........ and our resident "militia guy" still has not checked in.

He's probably too embarrassed to admit they are his good buddies!

I'd really like to hear his take on this "siege".

Where is a good "militia guy" when you need him?

BlackOnyx48
Msg: 52
oh, they brought the Whine, alright
Posted: 1/13/2016 5:51:16 PM
It seems that even CNN, has lose interest in these dummies...what now....
 gtomustang
Msg: 53
oh, they brought the Whine, alright
Posted: 1/13/2016 6:09:00 PM
Good news is, while our two resident militia members lack the guts to show up and support their brothers in arms, there are other fake d1cks showing up:

http://gawker.com/angry-militia-leader-stop-mailing-us-dildos-1752580458

that's right, edible wankers. insert joke here.
 cotter
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Militiamen occupy U.S. national parks building in Oregon
Posted: 1/13/2016 6:48:07 PM

Good news is, while our two resident militia members lack the guts to show up and support their brothers in arms ...
Seriously? We now have two in here? You know, now that you mention it ... I think I know of another one over in California ... not all that far away from Oregon.

My patient's father wants to know if sending them that stuff is equivalent to saying "S_ck my d1ck" to those guys?

I wonder if they're considered "lollipops"? If so, that would mean they are being sent as a "treat" for those guys ... right?

Could use them as stir sticks for their mixed drinks? (Just trying to find a practical use for them.)

To make it stand,
You wet it!

To make it wet,
You suck it!

To make it stiff,
You lick it!

To get it in,
You push it!

Damn!!!!

Threading a needle when you're older ... ... ... ... is a B1tch!
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/14/2016 10:02:16 AM
The fact that these men have marched onto Federal Property, with guns...is causing it to be unsafe for anyone else to go to this public facility...why have the government not turned the power off ???
They are inside, using the computers...phones...heat...like they are at home, I don't get it they are trespassing, the fact they are armed and refuse to leave means and arrest can be made...so why hasn't that happened....

Living in New York, I've participated in protests...including Occupy Wall Street...there were always lots of police around
and we were unarmed.

The fact that these fools are allowed to roam freely, stating they are prepared to kill...is a concern.
I want this foolishness to end...and so does the...Black Lives Matters movement...if 100's of black men did this...it would not go this way...or would it...expect to see 100's of Black men armed and taking over a federal refuge...just to see if they are treated the same as these guys in Oregon....
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/14/2016 11:40:40 AM
They're a nuisance. Turning off the power would cause the pipes to burst which would cause more trouble than just waiting till they leave.

When the government went into Waco because kids were being abused it gave right wing conspiracy nuts decades of fodder. Better to just wait them out and arrest them over a few months.
 cotter
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2016 12:16:09 PM
I wonder ... seems like the police there are doing things right. I believe they stated that they know the brainiac militia guys are purposely trying to provoke them into a confrontation, so they are treating them like the trolls they are. They aren't going to do what the trolls want them to do and I think that's pizzing those militia guys off.

The police are treating them like trolls ... the same thing we have in here. Just like the moderators used to tell us not to feed the trolls. Problem is ... that's easier said than done because it can be so much fun to torment the trolls and then they keep posting and making themselves even bigger fools.

I wish it weren't so much fun to feed the trolls ... sigh.
 cotter
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2016 8:38:14 AM
Cops Finally Arrested One of the Oregon Militia Idiots

At long last, after spending two weeks begging for Miracle Whip and tampons in an Oregon wildlife refuge, one of the armed militia LARPers finally got arrested by local law enforcement. Not because he was illegally occupying a government building, mind you—but because he took one of the feds’ vehicles for a joyride to the local Safeway.

Apparently, 62-year-old Kenneth Medenbach was arrested while sitting in a federal vehicle (presumably taken from his newfound home at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge). From The Oregonian: "[Medenbach] was arrested in the Safeway parking lot in one vehicle bearing federal government license plates. A second federal vehicle was parked next to him, but the man police suspect of driving that into town already had gone into the grocery before police arrived.

Both vehicles — a pickup and a passenger van, bore door signs reading “Harney County Resource Center.” That’s the new name occupiers have given to the bird sanctuary they occupy, which is about 30 miles southeast of Burns
."

This isn’t Medenbach’s first arrest; he was previous convicted for “illegally camping” in a national forest, where he apparently tried to “protect his forest campsite with fifty to a hundred pounds of the explosive ammonium sulfate, a pellet gun, and what appeared to be a hand grenade with trip wires.” So it’s only natural that he’s holed himself up in the Bundy’s latest crusade.

According to The Oregonian, news of the arrest “spread through the compound and some of the occupiers hopped in cars to head toward town when they heard.” For all our sakes, let’s hope they didn’t learn from their buddy’s mistake.

LMAO ... you can't make this stuff up. These guys need their own cartoon strip in the Sunday paper!
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 59
Posted: 1/21/2016 11:31:14 AM
Oregon Governor Calls On Feds To End Militia Occupation Standoff .....

Gov. Kate Brown said the occupation has cost Oregon taxpayers nearly half a million dollars. Oregon's governor expressed anger Wednesday over federal authorities' handling of the occupation of a national wildlife refuge by an armed group and said she intends to bill the U.S. government for what the occupation is costing state taxpayers. Exasperated by a tense situation that has caused fear among local residents since it began Jan. 2, Brown said, "This spectacle of lawlessness must end, and until Harney County is free of it, I will not stop insisting that federal officials enforce the law."

Gov. Kate Brown said federal officials "must move quickly to end the occupation and hold all of the wrongdoers accountable."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kate-brown-militia-feds_us_56a037a7e4b076aadcc543a0
 cotter
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2016 8:33:48 PM
Message 61 ...
Gov. Kate Brown said federal officials "must move quickly to end the occupation and hold all of the wrongdoers accountable."
I see our own forum militia guy is busy posting in other threads ... but has not shown his face in this thread.

Maybe he's ashamed of being part of a group that would pull such stupid stunts like the one in Oregon.

Hey! I know! Why don't they send the militia peoples' brothers in arms in to solve this situation ... the National Guard might be able to put an end to this nonsense ... eh?

LMFAO ... now I'd buy a ticket to see that!
 BBEisBack
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2016 8:07:17 PM
I took this Oath many years ago.... There is no duration defined in the Oath itself & I have never rescinded it.....
Some People will take an Oath of Office & it's just Words to them... My Honor means more to Me...
Some people will Swear to tell the Truth & turn around & lie threw their teeth, I won't......

"I, (state name of enlistee), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

VVVVV Why am I not Surprised the concept flew right over Your head? Both the State of California & the Untied States of America have the terms & conditions of the Unorganized Militia codified in law.....
 cotter
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2016 8:23:06 PM
Message 64 ...
I took this Oath many years ago....
What does that have to do with a "militia" ... that is occupying a nature reserve?

Is that the kind of stuff you do in your militia group?

Do the people in your militia group also take that oath?
 gtomustang
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/23/2016 7:02:42 AM
so, we're talking about a sub militia, not the regular National Guard. From http://definitions.uslegal.com/m/militia/

"Militia refers to a body of citizens armed and trained by the state for military service apart from the regular armed forces. It is composed of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service. It characterizes a military force recruited directly from civilians who would not otherwise be liable to serve in a state's regular armed forces. Usually the state imposes military obligation on the militia for the purposes of local or home defense and in case of emergencies. However, on occasions such militias have been employed abroad also.

It can also refer to unorganized military force drawn from within a civilian population and which has taken up arms. For example in modern Somalia the armed followers of different warlords have been characterized as militias.

The U.S Constitution recognizes a state’s rights to form a “well regulated militia.” The Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights provides: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of the free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." The Supreme Court has historically defined the Second Amendment as giving states the right to maintain a militia separate from a federally controlled army. The Constitution also provides for the “calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions ; To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining the Militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress.” (U.S. Constitution, art I, § 8, cl 15-16)

Examples of militia within US:

?The organized militia created by the Militia Act of 1903 which consist of State militia forces, notably the National Guard and the Naval Militia.
?The reserve militia or unorganized militia, also created by the Militia Act of 1903 which presently consist of every able-bodied man of at least 17 and under 45 years of age who are not members of the National Guard or Naval Militia.
?A select militia is composed of a small, non-representative portion of the population, often politicized.
?A private militia, which are made up of non-officially organized individuals who have formed paramilitary organizations based on their own interpretation of the concept of the militia.

Googled "unorganized militia" and California came up. From their website, http://www.cal-militia.com/faq:

"What is a "Militia" ?

The "unorganized" or reserve militia is a legal and lawful part of the armed forces of this nation. It is a military organization recognized by the Second Amendment of the Constitution; Title 10 Section 311 USC; The Dick Act of 1903; The National Defense Act of 1916; and affirmed by numerous court decisions. There is no ambiguity, the "unorganized" citizens militia is not the National Guard or the state "select" militia under the governor, or part of the "organized" armed forces of the federal government. It is literally the entire body of the armed citizenry.

Although the "unorganized" militia can be called up for lawful (Constitutional) purposes, it is not under the direct control of any state or political jurisdiction. It represents the authority and power of the people over the government and stands as the last defense of the citizens of this country against any domestic tyrants."

note, not under direct control of ANY state or political jurisdiction. EVEN THEY admit to it--not part of any federal government or state or local government, which have well-regulated militias not unorganized ones. Swearing to this militia group isn't swearing an oath to the Federal Government or state or local government. Hard to debate that. everything else i'm sure can be debated to death, but on the website the organization admits it wants to not be under Federal or local government control, hence no oath is being sworn to either.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/23/2016 7:38:50 AM

I took this Oath many years ago

Thank you for your service to our country.

Why am I not Surprised the concept flew right over Your head? Both the State of California & the Untied States of America have the terms & conditions of the Unorganized Militia codified in law.....

I think you're attempting to say that a group of people can get together, claim they're a militia, and that as long as they were formerly in the military then they are considered reserve militia. And that this reserve militia can then, by force, take over government property and that they have the constitutional authority to do so. Well sir, I believe you're wrong. The Bundy gang may consider themselves militia, there may even be former soldiers within the group, but they are nothing more than a bunch of guys banded together by guns and an anti-government sentimentality under the delusion that they can take what they want from me, as an American citizen, by force. I'm fairly certain this bunch of criminals, after they surrender, will be serving jail time-on my dime.
 cotter
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2016 7:39:33 AM
Hmmmm ... what happened to Message 66 ... ???

Anyhoo ...
Message 64 posted something about taking an oath. I'm not sure what that means related to the militia we've been discussing in here.

So I asked for some clarification in Message 65 ...
What does that have to do with a "militia" ... that is occupying a nature reserve?

Is that the kind of stuff you do in your militia group?

Do the people in your militia group also take that oath?

The poster in Message 64 was able to jump in and edit his post with some sort of sarcastic remark about me ... which appears to be a personal attack (nice guy) ... but still failed to answer the question.

I asked him the specific questions since in the past he has bragged about being in some sort of militia ... so I thought I was asking the correct person when I posted the questions. I must have been mistaken to think he could actually answer the questions.

Message 64 ...
Some people will Swear to tell the Truth & turn around & lie threw their teeth, I won't......
I wonder if he meant that or maybe he was just feeding us a bunch of BS when he said he was in a militia?
 Double Cabin
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2016 9:30:43 AM
Very well put skoochie.

This Bundy boy showed his hand when he identified his objective to be to allow for more logging, ranching, and other private, special interests.

These entirely unAmerican terrorists stand for this: Stealing millions of acres of land owned EQUALLY by every one of the more than 300,000,000 of us and putting these vast NATIONAL tracts in very few "local" hands. If you believe in this you're about as American as Bin Laden was fifteen years ago.

"Think! It's very patriotic!" Especially when you take the time to do it critically.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2016 2:34:32 PM

The poster in Message 64 was able to jump in and edit his post with some sort of sarcastic remark about me ... which appears to be a personal attack (nice guy) ... but still failed to answer the question.

You've been making snide little comments about me, without the Seeds to come out & call me out by name since the 2nd page of this thread... Anyone who reads this sub-forum knew who You, GTO, and Skoochie were referring to..

None of Y'all were asking the question, because you wanted an answer.... It was & is just a way to put someone down...

Why don't You Quote where I have supported this group, now or during the Nevada Bundy standoff.....

I took this Oath many years ago

Thank you..... That's something My Generation of Soldiers, didn't hear very often......

I wonder if he meant that or maybe he was just feeding us a bunch of BS when he said he was in a militia?

Here's another thinly veiled attack.....
Not that expect any less from You...... That's just Your standard M.O., in these Forums...

Posts 48, 49, 50, 53, 55, 56, 62, all could be considered Flame Baiting under the rules of this Forum......

VVVVV
Regardless of our differences, this is something that we are in absolute agreement upon. I have always held that those who serve deserve mine and the rest of America's support.

I bet we agree on more things, than we disagree on......
Probably the only big disagreement we have is on firearms & gun control.......
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/23/2016 3:00:42 PM

BBI
BBE
Thank you.....

Regardless of our differences, this is something that we are in absolute agreement upon. I have always held that those who serve deserve mine and the rest of America's support.

That's something My Generation of Soldiers, didn't hear very often.....

I often wonder if the showing of support at my brother's funeral would have been the same had he survived Vietnam. Many years later, a friend of mine who is a Vietnam vet sponsored a memorial for Vietnam vets KIA that exists here in town on our central parade ground. 15 of our local sons names are on that wall.
 cotter
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2016 8:57:03 PM
Message 72 ...
Why don't You Quote where I have supported this group, now or during the Nevada Bundy standoff.....
I never said you did ... that was why I asked the questions in Message 65 ... and I still would like to know what taking an oath has to do with a "militia" that is occupying a nature reserve? That is not "flame baiting" anyone.

I'm sure there are several people in here who have taken that oath or something similar ... and I doubt if they would side-step the question I posted. So once again, "What does taking that oath have to do with a "militia" that is occupying a nature reserve?

Also, knowing that you have posted (bragged) about being in some sort of "militia", I wondered if the "militia" you participate in also does that kind of stuff ... or ie would support such activities. That question was not "flame baiting" either. Who else should I ask if you are the only person I have seen who openly admits to being in some sort of "militia"?

The third question is also a sincere question ... for the same reason the above question is a sincere question. Who should I ask if militia groups take the oath that you posted? It was not "flame baiting".

Here's another thinly veiled attack.....
That was not an attack!

I wrote that because you appear to be dodging the questions I have asked. What other reason would you have for doing that unless you really don't know?

Tie the two things together. Tie the oath to "militia" ... if you can.

My interpretation of what you wrote indicated to me that "militia" take the same oath as our military personnel. And if that's the case, then I'm wondering if those guys in that Oregon nature preserve also took that oath.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2016 10:18:55 PM
Cotter, You & GTOMustang were going back & forth making Comments I could see were Referring to me in this thread....
A thread I had not participated in at all.... You two thought it was all so Funny..... If You had wanted My opinion on the Subject, Y'all could have asked for My Opinion....

No, the two of You kept posting Your crap towards Me.....

The only thing I have posted about Militias on this Forum, was about the Legal Entities of the USA & California State Unorganized Militia..... Both of Which are Codified in US Federal & California State Law..... That was posted in a thread about Guns & Gun Control, when someone brought up the Militia Clause in the 2nd Amendment of the Bill of Rights...

GTOMustang & You have a habit of dragging things from 1 thread into a completely different thread.....
Don't try & act all Innocent now... It's part & parcel of both of your M.O. on this board.....

I have not Bragged about being part of the Unorganized Militia.... All I have said, was I was..... Which is a Point of Fact...
If Skoochie is a Resident of the State of California, as He lists on His Profile, then he is also a member of the Unorganized Militia of California State.... He will be, till He is no longer a Resident of this State or he turns 45.... The upper age limit is raised to 64, if you have served on Active Duty in the US Military or the National Guard, & no longer are a Member of those Groups.....

You thought You were real funny inferring I was in Oregon & part of the Group there... Let me remind You of Your Posts..

Posted By:gtomustang Post #49
Gosh, with all the conservatives ar0und here, i'm surprised they let this post die off. Especially the militia member here, i'd think he'd be proud of his brothers. They are quick to pick up other issues, what possible reason to not keep beating this one to death?

Posted By:cotter Post #50:
The fact that he has not yet checked in could be an indication that he's over in Oregon playing "militia guy" with his buddies?
Maybe he's the one up in the tower ... keeping watch for the group. Gotta monitor the comings and goings ... don't cha know!

GTOMustang wants to drag me in, because He got Spanked about Cars, Business Deductions, & Guns....
All things I've shown, He doesn't know as much as he thinks he does........

Posted By: BBEisBack Post #64:
I took this Oath many years ago.... There is no duration defined in the Oath itself & I have never rescinded it.....
Some People will take an Oath of Office & it's just Words to them... My Honor means more to Me...

"I, (state name of enlistee), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Yes that post was a bit Cryptic, but I think most people could read between the lines & find the answer there...... That is people that believe in Personal Honor..... You will find the answer to your question in those words.....
 Double Cabin
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2016 7:18:46 AM
I too am grateful for your service but have a serious, albeit ultimately rhetorical question: How in Hades is an "unorganized" militia "well regulated?"
 cotter
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2016 7:35:06 AM
Message 74 ...
I have no idea about any back and forth you have with other posters.

What I know of "militias" is what we see in the news, so pardon me if I have only a one-sided view.

Past interactions with you here in the forums have not left a warm fuzzy feeling with me ... as you have generally gone out of your way to be overly critical and extremely unkind. So if you are going to write about an MO in here, I think it would do good if you consider your MO as well.

I have been asked to join acting groups who do civil war and revolutionary war reenactments (high school classmate of mine who was employed by the Ohio Historic Society asked me) but other than that ... I know nothing of "militia" activity.

If your militia does not participate in such activities as what is going on in Oregon, you could have actually come in and spoken up about it in order to shed light on exactly what "official militias" do and how they operate. But you stayed silent.
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 73
Posted: 1/24/2016 8:14:49 AM
BBE
It sounds like you're saying that every resident of California is a Militiamen...by default...I lived in California for 20 years and I've never heard that, I've read the Constitution of the State of California, and have never seen anything about my duties, or obligations as a Militiamen.

You, me and many others here have served in the military, however you are the only one giving those dirtbags any creditability....saying that they are somewhat equal to branches of the Military...are you fcck'n nutz....

I'd like to see them take on a team of Navy Seals...Marine Recon...or Army Rangers...they are nothing but a pack of damn fools, with a cause.

I am sick of them....PERIOD...I want them gone, by whatever means necessary....
 gtomustang
Msg: 74
Posted: 1/24/2016 10:13:46 AM
Boy, it sure takes a lot of words to say what can be said in one sentence:

"I served in the Marines"
or
"I was in the Navy"
or
"I was in the Army"
or
"I was in the Coast Guard"
or
"I was in the Air Force"

That's how my father did it when the subject came up, and his brother-in-law, my uncle--indeed, his generation didn't hear thanks much either, the ones who actually answered the call. No word games to get around facts as some people have been caught doing (http://www.fakewarriors.org/ et al), just a simple statement that could be proven by looking up his name. I'm not going to ask BBE where he actually swore that oath, why start a personal war like he did the last time? Not to mention, obviously, how's it going to be proved, he put up a picture of his driver's license proving personal info we use to look? That's invasive, its a dead end issue, and there's so much other subjects that are open for debate, which don't require personal details given out. Whether he served in recognized armed forces or didn't has no bearing on those other subjects. So, now that we got the 800lb gorilla out of the room, lets go back to one of those subjects.

again, from the website:

"Googled "unorganized militia" and California came up. From their website, http://www.cal-militia.com/faq:

"What is a "Militia" ?

The "unorganized" or reserve militia is a legal and lawful part of the armed forces of this nation. It is a military organization recognized by the Second Amendment of the Constitution; Title 10 Section 311 USC; The****Act of 1903; The National Defense Act of 1916; and affirmed by numerous court decisions. There is no ambiguity, the "unorganized" citizens militia is not the National Guard or the state "select" militia under the governor, or part of the "organized" armed forces of the federal government. It is literally the entire body of the armed citizenry.

Although the "unorganized" militia can be called up for lawful (Constitutional) purposes, it is not under the direct control of any state or political jurisdiction. It represents the authority and power of the people over the government and stands as the last defense of the citizens of this country against any domestic tyrants."

Its not under control of any state or political jurisdiction, in only swears an oath to an important piece of paper--I could do that, Skoochie somehow gets drawn into it when we don't have a draft military, we all can swear an oath in our bathroom with our dog as a witness. Its a self-proclaimed organization, b/c according to itself, "there is no ambiguity" about its lack of authority. Funny how when the militia members up north put out a call to muster, a bunch of entrepreneurs did and others...decided not to. Talk about a volunteer army, you can even volunteer not to show up when called.

Meanwhile, Iceman said he's a member of a militia as well, should we call him by name? It just seems odd no one wants to stand up for something they swore an oath to. Oh, and that official military oath that soldiers swear to, last as long as their military service

http://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/swearing-in-for-military-service.html
 BBEisBack
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2016 2:30:43 PM

Posted By:Double Cabin
I too am grateful for your service but have a serious, albeit ultimately rhetorical question: How in Hades is an "unorganized" militia "well regulated?"

You're probably thinking of the Term 'Regulated' as 'Rules & Regulations'....

As the founders used the Term, how is a 'Well Regulated' Watch, 'Well Regulated'?

We can argue if it is still needed, but the Militia is still there in California State Codes....
BlackOnyx48, ignorance of the Law is no excuse.. If you get arrested, try telling the Judge, that you didn't know something was illegal..... See how that works out for you....

MILITARY AND VETERANS CODE
SECTION 120-130
120. The militia of the State shall consist of the National Guard,
State Military Reserve and the Naval Militia--which constitute the
active militia--and the unorganized militia.

121. The unorganized militia consists of all persons liable to
service in the militia, but not members of the National Guard, the
State Military Reserve, or the Naval Militia.

Posted By:cotter
If your militia does not participate in such activities as what is going on in Oregon, you could have actually come in and spoken up about it in order to shed light on exactly what "official militias" do and how they operate. But you stayed silent.

What part of the Term Unorganized Militia do you not understand..... It is Unorganized, until such time as the Governor of California calls for the Enrollment of the Militia....

123. Whenever the Governor deems it necessary, he or she may order
an enrollment to be made by officers designated by the Governor, of
all persons liable to service in the militia. The enrollment shall
include any information that the Governor may require. Three copies
thereof shall be made: one copy shall be filed in the office of the
clerk of the county in which the enrollment is made, and two copies
in the office of the Adjutant General.

124. Enrollment shall be made upon such notice and in such manner
as the Governor may direct. Every person required by such notice to
enroll who fails or refuses so to do is guilty of a misdemeanor.

125. The following persons shall be exempt from military service:
(a) Persons exempt from military service by the laws of the United
States.
(b) Regular or duly ordained ministers of religion.
(c) Students preparing for the ministry in recognized theological
or divinity schools.
(d) Pilots and mariners actually employed in sea service by a
citizen of the United States.
The above persons shall not be exempt from enrollment but shall
file verified claims for exemption from military service in such
forms and manner as the Governor may direct.

When the USA had a Draft, where did it get the Authority, to Draft those people?
Every Person Drafted was a member of the Unorganized Militia.......

The National Guard is actually..... National Guard of the United States, a reserve unit of the US Army & US Air Force.....
They are part of the Standing Armed Forces, either Active or Inactive..... They are under Control of the President of the United States...
Normally they under their States control, but they can be Federalized at any time, the President desires to Federalize them....

The Official States Militia, remain under the States control..... Although POTUS can use the Federal Militia Act of 1903 to call up everyone who falls under it, too.....

Posted By:gtomustang
Boy, it sure takes a lot of words to say what can be said in one sentence:

"I served in the Marines" .

Every person I know, who served in the US Marine Corps, if asked......
Would say they're a Marine..... Not a Former marine, but a Marine....
My Father served in the USMC as a NCO during WW2....
He went to College, ROTC, and became a USAF Officer......
He retired as a USAF Major......
Later in Life, if asked, He would say He was a Marine........
The 6 years in the USMC, meant more to Him, than the 15 years in the USAF.....

I was trained as a US Army Combat Infantryman Soldier......
I am a Soldier & shall remain one, till I die.....
When I die, My Son & Daughter can say......
"He WAS a Soldier".....

Cotter, will you stop being a Nurse, just because, you stop working as one?
Or will You always & forever, be a Nurse?

As for My Oath, I shall Honor it, as long as I'm alive.....
Whether it's Legally Binding or not.......
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Militiamen occupy U.S. national parks building in Oregon