Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Militiamen occupy U.S. national parks building in Oregon      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DameWrite
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Militiamen occupy U.S. national parks building in OregonPage 6 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Sadly, it seems for people to " get it" and start caring / seeing what should be obvious, it takes the wild ones to made bold statements and/or use wild (miltant) action to make a point.
Listening to common sense doesn't seem to be enough these days.

Just like it took the flaming homosexuals to parade around so that people would finally pay attention to the violence and discrimination that "regular" homosexuals put up with and need changed...it seems it will take militant people to show the masses that they are being screwed over by the greedos.

Maybe it is the water that is making people so dumb and docile? Maybe they need flash to pay attention? Maybe they will turn to militant types when shiat gets too close to them?

Maybe they need shiat to happen to them instead of their neighbor or JUST some "coloured people over there"?

I don't know what it's going to take but I wish they'd hurry up. Too many are suffering.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 127
Militiamen occupy U.S. national parks building in Oregon
Posted: 1/30/2016 10:57:11 AM
Hmmm... It seems even the anti-police brutality citizens among the free-thoughters are now taking a more circumspect view of it...

Regardless of how reckless Finicum’s actions may have been, the man was not holding a weapon when he was shot and the loss of life was not necessary in this situation. Whether the agents truly feared for their lives in the midst of a fast-paced assault, or simply gunned Finicum down out of a combination of adrenaline and fear will remain speculation.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/breaking-fbi-releases-footage-oregon-killing-video-shows-finicums-hands/#JJ26HjH5Gvmz1a2K.99

Less one of "state assassination"... and more one of "systemic training and policy" issues... That perhaps it was Finicum's own fault that he got shot... but perhaps that should not have been sufficient fault to warrant it...

The man died because of his actions... but only because these policies and training practices teach the police to respond that way... The cops on the scene did exactly what they were trained to do... in exactly the way they were trained to do it... exactly what policy determined they should do...

I would almost say that this conservative driven "tough on crime", "shoot first, go home", "police lives are more valuable than 'suspects'' lives"... is now biting them on the a$$... especially given that most of them never expected it to be applied to people they identified with...

Must really put them between a rock and a hard place... how do they separate the "suspects" they identify with... from the "suspects" they intended this kind of thing for...? I mean without being excessively more obvious about it...

Hard choices to be made... if they want to jump in the "police restraint" pool now... Maybe a little "crow" to be "eaten"...
 8inscrew
Msg: 128
Posted: 1/30/2016 11:48:42 AM
Ever ditch a hot truck into snow?
It sizzles and steams and seems like it is going to blow.
I once accidentally drove a few hundred yards off the interstate. Late at night in a freezing rain. Snow on the ground.
I was out of that Celica before it stopped moving.
No stopping human nature. Well... until you receive training.
At that point in my life, I had little control over my fight or flight instinct.

The two cops converged on him. No doubt both screaming opposing commands. As per training.
They were trained, yet had just been through the same situation as dead guy. Fight or flight.
The bolting cop was scared. He shouldn't be held accountable for this execution?
He gets to judge the dead guy's crimes on the spot?

No doubt some traffic violations,
plus the code I sited about trespassing with threat.....
possibly a failure to comply with officer's orders, if it were possible to obey
"Drop the weapon" "Don't fucking move" "Get on the ground" and "Put your hands up" all at the same time.

Those were the crimes he was killed for?
Because this cop couldn't handle his adrenaline dump?

The guy who broke weak and ran, obviously fires. Maybe his lead hit the Bundy guy in the truck too?
That was broke weak guy's back drop. Not the other guy's, irish.

Wonder if anyone here would opt to not be cooperative after the cops start firing?

How many here have ever been fired on?
Know the sound of it?
It's eerie percussion?
The way it makes you pucker?
Lost your pucker, years ago?
Maybe even burped a little Tupperware of their own?

Why are police executions ok? Being aired on television so often?
Why is the FBI broadcasting this and saying this behavior is the new standard of justice?

I think these guys were protesting something.
This seems to be the government's way to shut down a protest.

Dead guy has turned from a guy who wanted less government involvement to poster child of what will happen if you do not obey.

Everyone hear that message? Anyone?

This is a problem. Police impunity.
They fire into a crowded patio full of people eating burgers on Sunday noonish....
because three guys are fighting in the parking lot.
Because they took up posts to fire from safety. Beforehand. Deciding the back drop. Deeming it acceptable.
Because bikers are scary. All of 'em. Even the Christian clubs. Vet clubs. Enthusiasts too....
Then refuse to show the video.
Then charge everyone wearing leather with being involved in the organized crime of executing those same people.

Is that off topic?
Or perhaps addressing the topic with an agenda of what is "right" from another point of view?

Some see my views as reason to group me in with a group they despise?
Ok by me.
I still think the amount of cops killing citizens extraordinary and against what it means to be American.
Hell, even just a decent human being.

Now that the FBI has formally endorsed this behavior....
how do we change their policy?
Better not protest.
Wonder if posting my view will get me put on some watch list?
 high-ground
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2016 12:05:12 PM
My opinion is law enforcement training is all to aggressive with the "if they blink, shoot to kill" policy.
Here is one recent outcome in the Dorner case in LA, where 8 officers were given a pass for shooting the paperboy (women). First link reasonable write up of event, 2nd is good photo of marked bullet holes. Notice also the shots from the rear driving away.

http://bearingarms.com/charges-officers-mistaken-identity-dorner-shooting/
http://fox5sandiego.com/2013/04/23/womens-settlement-with-lapd-in-dorner-case-worth-4-2-million/
---------------------------------
Then we have a homeless women protecting her shopping cart from being repossessed with a screw driver. Outcome police shoot her. They couldn't just leave her keep the cart. There are thousands of homeless pushing carts around.

http://articles.latimes.com/1999/may/23/local/me-40215
-----------------------------------------------------------------
There are many more all over the USA that don't make national headlines. Just do a Google search with key words. Then again you never know the outcome if an officer does take more time to identify and make sure.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 130
Posted: 1/30/2016 12:16:36 PM

I was out of that Celica before it stopped moving.

It's no-one's fault that you're a fvckin' idiot but yours... well, except maybe mom and dad... Either they contributed or they had years of incredible embarassment...

Because this cop couldn't handle his adrenaline dump?

The guy who jumped from a moving car... because of a little steam (say, would that be stupidity or cowardice?)... is going to pass judgement on the reactions of others...?

Now that IS rich...

Wonder if posting my view will get me put on some watch list?

What a maroon

B. Bunny
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 131
Posted: 1/30/2016 12:24:07 PM

The guy who broke weak and ran, obviously fires.

The video never shows the guy who was almost run over extending his arm with gun in hand like the other two officers. Perhaps you're seeing something that I'm not, but I've looked at that part of the video several times attempting to see what you've seen and I still don't see it.

Let me summarize several prior shootings...

The thug had a weapon

The thug made a threatening move

The thug motioned in a threatening way towards the officer

The thug ran

The thug tried to run over the officer (using the vehicle as a weapon)

If any one of these things were true, than many here have said the shooting was justified-in the past-but not now.

Perhaps, I'm missing something, but the only thing that is clear is that the officer that came from the woods shot Finicum. What's not clear is if the officer on the right shoots Finicum. And what is crystal unclear is that the officer that was almost run over even has his weapon out. It is not clear that Finicum was shot before he lowers his arms to his waist. Perhaps he was, but the video does not clearly show that. Others have concluded Finicum was shot with his arms raised, but I think that's a guess, because there is no clear indication the officer from the right shot at all. The only officer that was facing Finicum's truck was the officer that came from the woods, and was probably the one who shot Bundy too.
 8inscrew
Msg: 132
Posted: 1/30/2016 12:41:38 PM
I fell asleep at the wheel. 3 am or so.
Woke up going 80 then jumped the northbound lanes.
Kept the momentum along the longest axis of the vehicle to try to prevent rolling.
I did. I got out of the car just before a fence post came through the windshield.
After traveling about 200 yards.
I ran. Instinct.
When my adrenaline dump was exhausted.... I walked back to the car.
Slept in the car. Rain turned to snow.
The next morning when the cop driving to work on the frontage road saw my hood sticking out of the bushes.
He was kind enough to tell me to write "weather caused the accident" instead of "I fell asleep at the wheel".
Totaled that car, but I put new wheels and glass on it and continued my road trip.
Drove it through a flood a few hours later.
I stood up through the sunroof and flipped the bird to the lines of jacked up trucks scared to cross.
It was a trip. I've been on lots of trips.
Progressive had my check in my mailbox when I got home. Nice surprise.

You are right. Solo marathon road trips are dumb and dangerous.
Feel better about yourself?
Insulting my parents? Wow.
You aren't very creative.

Also.... I was orphaned at 4, so I doubt they had much of a chance for me to embarrass them.
Classy joe sounds better than shouty joe anyways.
Enjoy your saturday mister.

Post script... maybe we are watching different videos?

Dead guy handled his adrenaline dump poorly. Seemed confused. Untrained.
He should have had his hands up.... been arrested properly.
Instead he was executed.

Happens so often, it's become a thing.
Is this the new America?
This is acceptable? Apparently the FBI is broadcasting it is....

Weird.... 3 in ten?
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 133
Posted: 1/30/2016 1:16:01 PM

I fell asleep at the wheel. 3 am or so.

Like I said... It's no-one's fault that you're a fvckin' idiot but yours... well, except maybe (foster) mom and dad... Either they contributed or they had years of incredible embarrassment...

But really... why do you insist on proving it... over and over...?

He was kind enough to tell me to write "weather caused the accident" instead of "I fell asleep at the wheel".
Progressive had my check in my mailbox when I got home. Nice surprise.

So... You committed insurance fraud... a cop helped you do it... and you're complaining about cops...

Well, at least you do know something about police corruption... Not sure how that relates to this though...

Must be one of those "fvckin' idiot" things... you have to belong to the club to understand...

What a maroon

B. Bunny
 8inscrew
Msg: 134
Posted: 1/30/2016 2:14:02 PM
Full coverage covers even if it's your fault.... I did actually have to fight them to pay for the guardrail and the fence.
They paid for the car right away though. Less than what it was worth, buy hey.

I guess I was just going by what the officer told me to do. Why would he advise me to break the law?
I shouldn't trust his knowledge of the law? 17 years old Vs a veteran cop?
Better yet, I should disobey him?
Believe an obnoxious internet troll over an officer of the law?

Anyways getting out of the car turned out to be pretty smart.
Saved me from flossing with barbed wire.
Maybe just dumb luck?

Kids do dumb things. Part of how they gain the experience to make better decisions.
Do you call your kids fucking idiots because they make mistakes?
Do you teach kids for a living?

I didn't get a normal set of parents. Much less proper parenting examples.
No one's fault really. I've come to terms. The system didn't fail me.
Guess I have made some bigger mistakes than average.
Hell, I'm still learning.
For that I'm a fucking idiot?

I'm not complaining about cops. They are there to protect and serve.
I'm complaining about their aggression policy. There propencity to kill citizens.
I actually agree with your posts before you start getting all frothed up putting me down.

I maybe dumb in some ways. I have passed the Ravens test joe. How about you?
Then I took the other test with all the questions.
Finding out my iq was actually pretty disheartening. I should do more with my life.
You are right. I am an idiot in more ways then one.
Post your iq. Then I will post mine too. Mine is unbelievable. Figuratively.

If it makes you feel better, and saves someone else from being victim of your nastiness... go for it.

I got carded for cigarettes yesterday. Apparently don't look 39.
My passive income exceeds my expenses, for now.
Built several successful businesses. On my lonesome.
Own several properties and all the toys I want. For now.
Physically I am a natural body builder without the symmetry to compete, thanks to an injury to one tricep.
My smile is perfect, albeit diamond. I can take a punch. Not afraid to toss my fists back, either.
My woman is a ballerina, and looks very much the part. Childhood sweetheart.
I'm actually going to college too. Who'd a thunk it.
Now I'm just bragging.

Not everything in my life is perfect, but life is good. Knock on wood.
I think my compassion could use a little work.

Your opinion of me is pretty tell tale of your own life. Joe.
Good luck in life. I mean it.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 135
Posted: 1/30/2016 4:54:00 PM

I guess I was just going by what the officer told me to do. Why would he advise me to break the law?
I shouldn't trust his knowledge of the law? 17 years old Vs a veteran cop?
Better yet, I should disobey him?

THAT'S your excuse...?!? Seriously...?!?

And yet your going to try to foist this... as evidence that Finicum MUST have been panicking... in full autopilot "fight or flight" mode... not rationally aware of any of what he was doing...?

Your foolishness started with asking... "Do you know how much driving into the snow freaks you out?"... as if Finicum's little snowplow was more than enough... of a resident of the second coldest capital city in the world (only Ulan Bator beats us, that's in Mongolia, by the way)...

Then proceeds to a major accident and culminates in insurance fraud... And somehow... God only knows how... you still think you've made some kind of rational reasoned point with it...

Kids do dumb things. Part of how they gain the experience to make better decisions.

Yes... they do... but adults are generally smart enough not to use their 17 yr old stupidity... in hilariously feeble attempts to make points... about adult behaviour... in adult arguments...

Why...? Because it invariably ends up making them look like... you guessed it... fvcking idiots...

Do you call your kids ****ing idiots because they make mistakes?

You're not one of my kids... at least I hope the hell not... that would be an embarrassment to admit...

Hell, I'm still learning.
For that I'm a ****ing idiot?

I would be more inclined to say "In spite of"... rather than "For"...

I actually agree with your posts before you start getting all frothed up putting me down.

Well please... feel free not to... You're one of the last people I would want on my side... of any issue... Trust me on that one...

But feel free to brag... if you think it will help you feel better...

You do know it doesn't show up on the dating side any longer...?
 8inscrew
Msg: 136
Posted: 1/30/2016 6:37:08 PM
Yep. First words out of my mouth that morning were
"Fell asleep at the wheel. I'm ok. Be out to sign the ticket when I get my boots on."
Verbatim.
He had tapped on the window. Car was covered in snow.
Then he put me in the back of his suv and handed me a form and pen.
Said "Write the weather caused the accident". Verbatim.
Fraud? Ok I see your point. Under coercion perhaps. Threat of being killed even.
Truth. People die for arguing with cops.
What about him just needing to have a look in my car?
Find a baggie of something to help give me some time to think about disagreeing with cops in general?
That happens too. As do rough rides resulting in death.
Lots of misconduct. You report them.... end up with the whole squad harassing you.
If that cop wasn't threatening me... why was I in the back? It wasn't a regular cop car. Suv. Gold. No cage. No computer.
Front seat was empty. I was a victim of being sleepy and careless.
He was still very much "the cop" even while trying to do me a favor by forcing me to alter the truth.
I didn't argue. I don't argue with the cops. That's crazy talk. Dangerous. Everyone knows it.

This very thread has highlighted what happens if you don't follow a cop's directive.
I've always known you don't sass the cops.
I have been mistreated in their hands.
Hit with a stick, nose relocated, dropped off to walk 50 odd miles outside of town. Hassled.
No charges for any of those. Just the lesson. All separate incidents. I look like someone that needs a lesson.
The one that broke my nose looked embarrassed next time I saw him. Didn't bother to say he was sorry.
Or that it was a good joke.
I cannot hear so well any more... so this is a concern for any future contacts with LEOs. Since I still look the same.
Most are just doing a job. A tough job that is dangerous and kind of the opposite of fulfilling.
Work is never done. Nobody trusts them anymore...

I also know to do nothing even remotely aggressive around them.
Including writing something different than they tell you.
Or reaching in my pocket for license.

Yes the dead guy was full of adrenaline, or he was cold and hard. I know what that is like.
Both trained and untrained.
The video shows him looking around. Almost in a daze. Confused. Unsure of which order to follow.
Should he put down his weapon, or get on the ground?
He does not look cold and hard.
He looks highly unaware. Maybe unable to withstand the dump he just took. Much less being shot.
Hard to tell. No ground frame. We cannot see his actual reaction. We must trust this version.

Ok. Show me the twin peaks video.
They had an mrap and mobile video towers set up. Show us.
Why show this and not that?

Two bean bag rounds in every cop's weapon would change the outcome of these things.
If everybody shot him twice with bags instead of bullets..... he might still be alive.
It would make LE a more dangerous profession. Possibly.
Bean bags and body camera on every cop in America would make it safer for everyone else.
Go a long way to instill some trust and fix these things.

It's more dangerous to install shingles then be a cop.
So they don't want accountability? They are going to refuse? Strike maybe?
Good maybe.

Double tap center mass. That is their training. Oh. Supposed to have a safe backdrop too.
It wouldn't have saved the kid walking away from the cop in Chicago? Was it?
Since that particular cop unloaded his entire magazine into his back.
And then everybody stood around going... gee maybe that was excessive force.
Better hide the video.....

Like when the cop emptied his entire mag at a suspect here in MT. On a crowded street on Saturday night.
Good thing they missed and the guy just laid down to signify they "won".

Like when they refused to help the bikers in waco.... 3 bleeding out in the sight of medics in meat wagons.
Made their friends and family watch, and not help. It took thirty minutes to three hours for those 3 to die.

That shit is a crime.
That cop executed the spokesman for the protesters.
Because he was faulty, his system is faulty, his directives, roe, and orders are faulty.
Too bad for America though. The FBI just declared this legal.

I also know what having weapons trained on me makes me feel like.
Both trained and untrained.
I used to get a little nervous. Not so much anymore.

This is about citizens being killed unnecessarily. Bean bags and body cameras. That sounds like a slogan...
you can cut me down joe. I was bragging a little bit.

Notice you ducked the iq question. Which was in direct reply to your comments about my intelligence.
Now I'm a stupid braggart. Okay. The answer to the last question on Raven's test is irrelevant. Not logical.
Designed to test how fast you realize the test is wrong and just guess to get it over with.

I am under the impression it's not necessarily bragging if it's true.
Nor is criticism bad if it's true.
If I'm a pompous braggart, I will have something to work on. Thanks.

Also happen to have broken the 6 figure barrier. Three years running.

Vvvvvv i fought they won. No charges. They were wrong. No need to get a felony to preserve my self respect.
Or gain yours. Punk is like bitch. Not words I use or tolerate in my hula hoop.
Good thing you are not in my hula hoop.

Plus, before you said you liked my style. Now you are calling me names?
You change your mind a lot. Like the fairer sex?

I will be in the city this year. Stick around. You can say that to my face. Bout Christmas time.

I defend my causes. Sometimes other folk's'. Spend my resources trying for a solution.
My time.

I just invented a slogan. Bean bags and body armor. Gave an example of a solution.
A way to fix the problem of cops killing so many citizens.

Granted... it won't work on folks that have already seen how a bean bag feels.
But it would show due diligence. In every case.

I'm not just here talking tough and calling people names.

lol.... i fought. It was in a hallway with 5 or 6 of them. Little yellow pad on the wall got my nose running to start the fun.
Gave and got. I felt whole.
Saw him later and decided not to pursuit.
Still feel whole.

What's your solution? Killemall?

BlackOnyx48
Msg: 137
Posted: 1/30/2016 6:45:59 PM
^^^^^^^^^
You're a punk and I have zero respect for you...a Cop breaks your nose and you come cross him again and don't put him down....STFU...people like you are the biggest problem
we have...PUNKS...look at this long azz comment you wrote...it's full of shtz like you.

cotter
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2016 7:51:18 PM
After reading a lot of the comments, I wonder if the previous dialog from the unfortunate victim may have played any role in what happened.

I recall he indicated he would never want to go to jail and he was lovingly striking his gun (could have been a rifle?) as he made that statement to a news reporter on camera.

I don't consider that justification to kill someone, but it does occur to me that he was more interested in suicide by cop than ever going to jail ... just sayin'.
 8inscrew
Msg: 139
Posted: 1/30/2016 8:20:44 PM
Thanks cot. Suicide by cop would have been not altering course before hitting the barricade.
Not jumping out with hands up and acting confused.
Watch the video as if he realized he was taking this too far... too late.
And he was executed for it.

Onyx you will have to tell my bride we are going out for whiskies and cigars, and boys will be boys.
And get some group big enough to stop us... to officiate.
Maybe in any park that has some of Hannibal's boys.

Fought in the city before, and I have a good track record. Might happen again? Shrugs. See into the future?

Or a gym? So you stay safe?
My dentist buddy is not going to like this.
Or my woman.
Or one or maybe both of us.... but I will be there at Christmas.

Music theme: bells will be ringing.... such a sad soft song.... it must be Christmas......

One of my daughters has that name, so it's extra special.
You can tell everyone how real I am then.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2016 8:24:21 PM
8 In and Onyx.... Make sure to tell everyone when the Rumble in the Bronx is going to take place. Time, date and location. I want to get a jump on everyone and book my tickets early. Heck, folks coming from the Western states could even start a car pool if we have enough advance notice..... Might even stop by the jailhouse and offer the remaining milita guys a ride to the rumble. If they're out of jail by then.
 8inscrew
Msg: 141
Posted: 1/30/2016 8:45:15 PM
I should be in NY at xmas for Christ's sake. Buy your tickets now.
Or is "he" another "she" that stalks me?
Or will there be proof under the tree on Christmas?
My in-laws should not have to be traumatized, so it should be about the day we leave.... 28th?
What works best for you?
Morning if possible.

NY has mutual combat
Run your gibblets in my hula hoop.
Let us find out.
 8inscrew
Msg: 142
Posted: 1/30/2016 9:32:41 PM
And contrary to popular opinion.... (and edits) whispers me....
I'm not millitial nous. Esness. In any way shape or form. Only gang I'm in is by being American.
Own places on the north and south side. Of four states.
I will fight. I even like that a little bit. I buy my own teeth.
You think the VA does rods and implants for everybody? Anybody?

Still don't like the idea of anyone firing downstream on me.
Pretty quick to jump in if anything i value is threatened.
Including things i dont agree with, but that threaten basic liberties.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 143
Posted: 1/31/2016 5:56:57 AM
Holy Moly! The Bronx Christmas Bash! Any discount on advanced ticket sales? GTO-we can carpool- and brave RT95-maybe stop in New Haven for some Pepe's pizza?

Was Finicum reaching for his 9mm? Was he shot while his hands were in the air? Which officer/s shot him? Was it suicide by cop? Did he chicken out on his death wish just before ditching the truck into the snowbank? The only thing clear in this one video is that conclusions can be made without knowing any facts. I wonder if there's any body or dash cam video? with sound?

The only thing I think is clear is that armed people should not take over government facilities and threaten to shoot anyone who tries to remove them. I think armed people should not run from the police. I think armed people should not crash into police barriers. And I think people should not carry weapons whenever they anticipate a police confrontation. Especially, when the police have numbers on their side. Doing any of these things almost guarantee bad outcomes.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 144
Posted: 1/31/2016 12:18:46 PM

The only thing I think is clear is that armed people should not take over government facilities and threaten to shoot anyone who tries to remove them.

But... but... Irish... they were JUST "protesting"...

Just because they threatened to shoot anyone who interfered... doesn't mean they actually WOULD have... They were just "acting on human nature"... It was a "fight or flight" response they had NO control over...

Besides... The guns were there ONLY as a "symbolic gesture" of their "terrible resolve"... just like the small arsenal being carried in Finicum's truck... and not something anyone should take seriously...
 gtomustang
Msg: 145
Militiamen get their collective asses occupied.
Posted: 1/31/2016 4:25:34 PM
Pepe's or Sally's, I think we should make up some camou t shirts to sell...they'll say

Militiaman
Hands Up
Don't Shoot

Should we put on the backside, "Militia lives matter"? or does that get too close for them?
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 146
Posted: 1/31/2016 5:06:20 PM
They shot that man...rendered no aid...and left him in the snow to bleed out like a wild hog...it was disgraceful...

All Lives Matter
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 147
Posted: 1/31/2016 5:14:57 PM

Pepe's or Sally's, I think we should make up some camou t shirts to sell...

Camou wife beaters might sell better.

they'll say

Militiaman-Bronx Bash 2016

on the backside

Don't Shoot!

Gotta hold down costs-yanno!
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 148
Posted: 1/31/2016 7:56:33 PM

rendered no aid...and left him in the snow to bleed out like a wild hog...it was disgraceful...

Well certainly not in time at any rate... That is another element that was unnecessary...

But again... it still boils down to the same issue... training and policy... and those go hand-in-hand with the whole "tough on crime" spiel... and all that goes into it... ultimately devaluing people as "suspects"... from the moment they come into contact with police...

You want to change it...? Go to the source... redefine the meaning and intent of "tough on crime"... because that is what is being operationalized in these incidents...

Don't Shoot!

Gotta hold down costs-yanno!

I think you should hang the cost... How about...

Draw!
Don't Shoot!
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 149
Posted: 1/31/2016 9:17:18 PM

They shot that man...rendered no aid...and left him in the snow to bleed out like a wild hog...it was disgraceful...

Bretzing said that, due to their proximity, Oregon State Police troopers utilized deadly force against LaVoy Finicum, and that use of force is being reviewed by the Deschutes County Major Incident Team.

Bretzing said it took law enforcement about 10 minutes to secure the scene around the white truck driven by Finicum and at that point, first aid was administered to the mortally wounded man.

“Agents and troopers did find three other loaded weapons inside the truck,” Bretzing stated. “They included two loaded .223-caliber semi-automatic rifles. There was also one loaded .38 special revolver.

http://www.mycolumbiabasin.com/2016/01/29/video-of-finicum-shooting-released/
 BBEisBack
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2016 9:19:54 PM

Posted By:mungojoe
I would almost say that this conservative driven "tough on crime", "shoot first, go home", "police lives are more valuable than 'suspects'' lives"... is now biting them on the a$$... especially given that most of them never expected it to be applied to people they identified with...

IDK about other areas/States, but in California, it's not just Conservatives....

There are 3 groups that have a lot of Power over Laws Proposed/Enacted in the State Legislature....

1.) the Chief of Police & Sheriff's Association....
2.) the different Police Unions.....
3.) the Prison Guards Union......

The Democrats here have a majority & those 3 groups have a lot of sway over Legislation here.......
Many times, if they support it, it passes...
If they don't, it doesn't........
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Militiamen occupy U.S. national parks building in Oregon