Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Militiamen occupy U.S. national parks building in Oregon      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 vlad dracul
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Militiamen occupy U.S. national parks building in OregonPage 7 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Here shermans have a wee gander at this. Now i am glad that our polis are not armed to be honest. Although of course there are Armed Response Units on parade at all times.

But here if our polis can stop your polis from shooting first then asking questions later then all is well and good. I shall watch that thingy on sky news tonight though.

"US cops change shooting policy after taking advice from Scottish gun police.

US police have adopted new guidelines on how to shoot fewer suspects – following a fact-finding trip to Scotland.

We revealed last month how American officers spent time at Scotland’s police colleges ­learning how to deal with volatile ­suspects.

That helped the US Police ­Executive Research Forum come up with a list of 30 principles to guide officers.

PERF executive director Chuck Wexler told the Sunday Mail: “I was at a recruit graduation in Scotland and looked at this officer – and it hit me that they were not armed.

“I asked myself, ‘How does he deal with people armed with knives and baseball bats. What tactics are used?’

“I wanted to find out more because those are the same types of threats we face in the US.

“So our learning began – and this weekend we adopted new guidelines over use of force.

“ Police Scotland played the ­central role in our thinking and learning on this subject.”

A Sky News documentary tomorrow looks at why US police killed more than 1000 citizens last year. It follows Wexler as he brought 25 police chiefs from across the US – including NYPD and LAPD – to Scotland late last year.

They went to training centres at ­Tulliallan, Clackmannanshire, and Jackton , near East ­Kilbride.

Delegates heard Scots firearms officers have shot civilians only twice in the last decade.

The guidelines they came up with include that officers should quickly aid anyone they hurt.

They are also to abandon the so-called 21ft rule, which refers to the distance it’s assumed
an armed suspect can cover before an officer can draw their gun and shoot them. It’s claimed the rule can result in needless deaths.

It has also been recommended that US police should follow standards higher than those set by the Supreme Court for using force.

Forces in the US have been hit by a string of scandals in which unarmed suspects have been killed or seriously injured.

Assistant Chief Constable Bernie Higgins, who led the tie-up, said he was proud they chose Scotland for their fact-finding mission.

He said: “There was a ­recognition that in America, these suspects tend to be shot and they need to do things ­differently. I asked them, ‘Why is it ­necessary to shoot someone six times?’ They seemed to take the point on board.”

Now Scots police chiefs are paying their American counterparts a visit.

Wexler, a former hostage ­negotiator with the Boston Police Department, said: “Our relationship with Police Scotland now goes back several years and is a very close one.

“This week, we have six officers from Scotland coming to visit us and we will take them to New York, Washington and ­Boston.”

Hard-Wire: Law of the Gun airs on Monday, February 1, at 9pm on Sky Atlantic and on Tuesday at 9pm on Sky News.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/cops-change-shooting-policy-after-7280880#QuhrirEAqjpTbuJp.99
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 152
Militiamen occupy U.S. national parks building in Oregon
Posted: 2/3/2016 1:26:39 PM
Baby Bundy having bunged the whole thing up, steps aside, so papa Bundy can come to the rescue. Pity the four remaining occupiers who are trying to get out without being charged. . . . ''

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/02/oregon-judge-rejects-cliven-bundys-demands-he-thinks-he-owns-the-refuge/
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 153
Posted: 2/4/2016 4:38:09 PM
There are 4 guys still hanging around at this bird's nest...they have already been charged and will go straight to jail, why don't they just surrender...post bail, and go back to watching cartoons ?
 Canandaigua_Momma
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2016 10:45:22 PM
They should have found a better way to arrest that man at a restaurant, while buying supplies in town, or whatever.
No need to shoot some 55 y.o. man struggling in waist-deep snow with a dozen strong, young, buffed officers around.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2016 8:58:57 AM
With all due respect are you crazy Momma? Arrest an ARMED man who said he would not allow himself to be arrested and go to prison around who knows how many innocent people?

The man was a criminal and domestic terrorist. Even though he tried to evade officers doing their duty after yet more criminal acts all he had to do was stay in the car and keep his hands up/on the dash.

Sure, it might have been handled better, but with all due respect to the grieving this man was not murdered, he reaped what he sowed. There is no Martyrdom in enterprise that is deceitful and criminal to begin with.

Our Federal Lands belong to each and every one of us in EQUAL MEASURE whether we live in Manhattan or on the edge of a National Forest or BLM Tract. Never let unAmerican schmucks like this think they have the right to steal from the rest of us for special interests in the deceitful guise of "liberty" and "patriotism."

"Think! It's very patriotic!" Especially when done with critical honesty.

"LEt freedom ring!" For everyone.
 FGRN83
Msg: 156
Posted: 2/7/2016 8:16:22 PM
Compare and contrast. The behavior of law enforcement displayed at the Ferguson riots ; as opposed to the Finicun shooting. BLM. Oh , yes , Bureau of Land Management ; that too.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 157
Posted: 2/7/2016 9:55:06 PM
From the mahablog,
Also, a bill has been introduced in Congress that would make the occupiers responsible for paying for the extra law enforcement their occupation required, and also for any damage they’ve done to property on the Refuge. They’ve run up about a million dollar tab so far.
 deetristate
Msg: 158
Posted: 2/8/2016 5:20:54 AM
Was he armed? He didn't look armed in the video with his hands raised.

Wow. You must now understand how people convince themselves that shooting unarmed black men is justified, with a stretch and reworking of the truth and facts.

Both sides are capable of such justifications and "Well. even if the shooting was questionable, he deserved it" thinking.
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 159
Posted: 2/8/2016 6:05:33 AM
What's going to stop this will be the day Cops kill somebody and the family does one of those Hatfield's and McCoy...type battles....the Cops should not have killed that man. Cops actually believe that being patient means the suspect is in control of the situation....and they simply can't have that........
 FGRN83
Msg: 160
Posted: 2/8/2016 6:49:55 AM
Hmmmm.. Emanual Goldstein. Remember him? Do you think the same rules of engagement apply to Ferguson that were exerted in Oregon? At Ruby Ridge? At Waco? If not why not? Please explain.
 deetristate
Msg: 161
Posted: 2/8/2016 7:01:23 AM
None of these people should have been killed. There were other options,whether Oregon or Furgueson or Waco or Chicago.
 FGRN83
Msg: 162
Posted: 2/8/2016 7:21:37 AM
Weeeeeeellllll , Dee , not really. The new haircut makes you look very young ; can you recall Kent St? I can. The gubmint turned on the people. As in Waco , as in Ruby Ridge and in my opinion the Oregon shooting as well. I don't think you can make the argument for Chicago or Ferguson. Once again , Emanual . "All are equal , but some are more equal than others".
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 163
Posted: 2/8/2016 7:32:22 AM
I believe that a lot of stuff that happens is Police Misconduct...an individual act, yet he's able to then run and hide behind the badge, and the protection of the department and the laws available to him.
Why do you think that Cop in Ferguson, disappeared into hiding...the people would have killed him had he stayed in public...they didn't kill him because they couldn't find him.
Plan B, would have been to commence an attack on the department, but they chose to riot...I'm saying that sooner or later...some stupid cop will cause a war to be brought to his dept, due to his criminal misconduct towards the public.
The case in Oregon, they didn't give that man time to respond to their orders...they killed him in less then a minute after getting out the car.
I believe the next wave of militiamen have learned a valuable lesson from this example.

EDIT
WHOA...don't get me wrong...I think what those guys did in Oregon, was stupid !!!!!
They had no business taking control of public property, armed and stating they were prepared to fight...they were 100 percent wrong for that...however I don't think the Government made themselves look regal by killing that man....

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
 FGRN83
Msg: 164
Posted: 2/8/2016 7:48:08 AM
Officer Wilson was more than exonerated by a citizens grand jury. I believe he has retired to the Ozarks ; as many do. The police of Ferguson did nothing but spectate. LEO's of Oregon and federal thugs were more than ready to "do their deed". Lon Horuchi stood trial for the murder of Randy Weaver's wife and child and good friend. RIP. While Horuchi avoided jail time ; a settlement was awarded to the Weaver's . An admission of guilt. Don't think for a moment that the gubmint have not tried to silence us.

Interesting that one would mention the next wave of patriots. Very astute. The seeds of Nationhood have been planted ; our young will seek Liberty.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 165
Posted: 2/8/2016 11:40:04 AM

Was he armed? He didn't look armed in the video with his hands raised.

Once again, police shouted commands to them. Finicum, 55, exited the car almost immediately, with his hands up, and started walking away from the officers. Then he reached for his pocket, at which point a Oregon trooper, from the trees away from the road, shot him.

“On at least two occasions, Finicum reaches his right hand toward a pocket on the left inside portion of his jacket. He did have a loaded 9-millimeter semiautomatic handgun in that pocket,” said Greg Bretzing, the FBI agent in charge of Oregon. Bretzing praised officers for not shooting earlier, when Finicum tried to barrel through.

As Finicum lay in the snow, the rest of the truck’s occupants slowly exited the truck without incident. The police wade through heavy snow to get to Finicum and start providing aid, about 10 minutes after he was shot. Bretzing did not say how many times Finicum was shot but said it was “in the single digits.” He said officers also found three loaded guns in the truck, including two .223 caliber semi-automatic rifles and a .38 special revolver.Only police fired shots. It has been reported that Ryan Bundy suffered a minor wound in the encounter, but it’s not clear how that happened.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2016/01/fbi-lavoy-finicum-shooting-video-oregon/433899/

For a month, the nation watch Finicum brandish that gun, and mouth off about rather being dead than in jail. . . . I don't personally believe that the death penalty is ever justified, but I can see that some peeps contribute to their own ends.
 deetristate
Msg: 166
Posted: 2/8/2016 12:13:55 PM
At this point in history, the statement of a police officer is writing in the wind.

I looked at the entire recording. He was shot, then his hands went down and he was shot again. That is the reality. Even people cheering for his death admit that.

They just say that he deserved it. No one deserves such an execution, whether that man or the one in Chicago walking away.

woobytoodsday
Msg: 167
Posted: 2/8/2016 5:58:56 PM
My father used to say that a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still. I wouldn't expect to be able to convince Peter, either, that the Smithsonian "Museum" isn't hiding prehistoric giants' bones.
 FGRN83
Msg: 168
Posted: 2/11/2016 7:06:08 AM
4 remain. Will another get shot today? Ironic how aggressive a sovietized law enforcement agency can become when incited. Think the Twin Peaks shooting of last May. Now , compare to Ferguson where LEOs did absolutely nothing. Just stand and watch much like fans at halftime. Something is going on.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 169
Posted: 2/11/2016 9:27:07 AM
I wasn't aware that armed militants occupied a building in Ferguson for over a month before authorities tried to arrest anyone. You know, you're going to have to try harder, or at least a little bit, to find evidence for your racism.
 FGRN83
Msg: 170
Posted: 2/11/2016 11:20:57 AM
OK. We'll let you carry the water for the regime ; fine. What about Randy Weaver? Dave Koresch? We go to WPWW rallies and meet up with tanks and auto weapons, again , LEO's gone soviet. Tell me , at Ferguson , how did LEO's busy themselves while stores burned?
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 171
Posted: 2/11/2016 11:44:24 AM
The standoff is over...the 4 guys have surrendered.......finally...the Sun will rise, and we can get a good night's rest......
 _babblefish
Msg: 172
Posted: 2/11/2016 11:46:25 AM

The standoff is over...the 4 guys have surrendered.......

whew! i'm betting peace loving Michele Fiore will take some credit for this, have you seen her xmas card?

O_O
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 173
Posted: 2/11/2016 2:04:45 PM

The standoff is over...the 4 guys have surrendered.......finally...the Sun will rise, and we can get a good night's rest......

It was inevitable... in the short run...

Once they popped Cliven Bundy... on federal conspiracy charges... as he tried to join the stand-off... it was all done...

Now the big question is... will Cliven be able to fight off the anal rapers... well enough to still keep his boys for himself... or will he be forced to share...?
 daynadaze
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2016 2:42:50 PM
I'm betting he doesn't get put in with others.
 cotter
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Sore looser Militiamen set booby traps at the Oregon reserve
Posted: 2/13/2016 10:42:01 AM
These guys are such nice people ...

http://www.portlandnews.net/index.php/sid/241233389
Militants warn authorities about booby traps left behind at Oregon reserve

Friday 12th February, 2016

Armed protesters who ended their 41-day standoff on Thursday at a wildlife refuge in Oregon told federal authorities they left behind booby traps but did not say whether the trip wires and other devices would trigger explosions, a law enforcement official told Reuters.

They spoke to us about booby traps. We don’t know how sophisticated or what kind,'; said the official, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

Materials to create explosives could be found on the refuge, the official said, because workers there previously performed controlled burns of the land.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Militiamen occupy U.S. national parks building in Oregon