Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What annoys you most on POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 26
view profile
History
What annoys you most on POF?Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I think Marcus mentioned that it was us pervy Brits sending nasty messages to young things causing the problem.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 27
What annoys you most on POF?
Posted: 1/13/2016 10:42:04 AM
....Yup, and if the 'young things' had been bothered to set their mail filters........
(oh, sorry, already did that one, silly moi)

Hostess68
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2016 1:22:49 PM
I think the two above ^^^ should get together and be less annoyed ;) x
 Jo van
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/15/2016 3:20:53 AM

Take a pic of you pulling the gearbox out and i might be impressed though....and a bit turned on.

...And the prize for "Worst Euphemism" goes to.......................
HTH
 Aggers
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2016 12:43:09 PM
Aargh, fecking, aargh! In the last 7 years, all the time I have been on here! (Yeah, where is my prairie song?) I am a member of 3 national groups that broke away from these, very forums. When did it become the rule that posters on these forums had distance restrictions on their profiles?

Unwritten, but adhered to a very strictly rule, but in the past, if you post and contribute to these very forums, you have to let people you share comments with, be able to message you!

Now play the sodding game! You may have messaginging restrictions as far as dating, but if you are a forum contributor and a fellow contributor wants to message you, this is deemed as bad form. So sort it now!
 skiptalker
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2016 12:21:46 AM

Take a pic of you pulling the gearbox out and i might be impressed though....and a bit turned on.

And the prize for "Worst Euphemism

no that would be a turn on i second that.
 BoardGamerGeek
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2016 3:49:21 PM
When people use the stupid excuse "I didn't feel a spark" as a cowards way of avoiding telling you the real truth they don't fancy you - usually been looks.
 Hostess68
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2016 1:40:26 PM
I remember once sending an initial first message to a fella who promptly told me I was a sad cow who should wait to be messaged first... Go figure
 jaja808
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/19/2016 6:56:25 PM
Lol W/you Hostess68. I would have enjoyed being called sad cow. It would make me LOL.
 KitKat_K
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2016 4:51:15 AM

your profile was very well writtwn and entertaining

Thank you. I appreciate that. That's another thing that annoys me, us women having badly written profiles and expecting amazing messages from guys. I agree with the above, wtf are you supposed to write to them?
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/25/2016 5:38:51 AM
Well, I'd have to say diversity...especially here in the UK...it's like a damn Vanilla Shop up n here....
 flossiescratchwood
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2016 1:54:52 PM
Well ....I'm not sure if it annoys me most but I do wonder what on earth people think gives them the right to do it.

There I am trotting along quite happily minding me own business and out of the blue I'll get a message that says 'sort your hair out love' or some such similar thing. Or 'how much overweight does a few llbs mean?'.

Do they expect an answer?....... 71/2 lbs and I'll get my hair cut/straightened/ dyed just for you... does that meet your requirements? Could have been a chubby chaser I spose...friend told me to say 3 stone just to be on the safe side. Or are they just random insults?

I got used to unexpected remarks and messages in the past when my profile wasn't to people's liking..it doesn't say much now at all. But this feeling free to comment on my appearance does ever so slightly piss me off.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/25/2016 2:02:34 PM
I've recently been told that I look like a Thunderbirds puppet,
and some random roadtripper seems jealous of my jeans....
Still, at least it's 'interest' - of a sort..........

KitKat_K
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2016 1:02:01 AM
I never understood why people have to insult others and try to start arguments over the internet. I'm guessing it's because they're so depressed with their own lives so they try to make others feel bad. A huge annoyance for me.

BlackOnyx48 ~ What do you mean? Haha!
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/26/2016 5:26:08 AM
lol...look around here...it's like going to the Ice Cream Shop, and the only flavor is Vanilla...
 TucsonPug
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2016 6:31:57 AM
So why do you come over and read the UK forum if it's so boring?
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/26/2016 8:17:17 AM
Not that there's some attempt at chain yanking going on.....
perish the thought........

Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/26/2016 8:33:10 AM
I was going to say when I send a msg to a woman I find attractive and she doesn't respond. But actually, it's the fact that that happens repeatedly. Meanwhile, I receive msgs from women I don't find attractive on a regular basis....

Is POF an episode of the Twilight Zone ?
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2016 1:38:52 AM
Butterchickenchuck - it's been said before, hang around a few months to see it being done again. As you said, you send emails to attractive women and in return you get emails from women you find unatttractive. Simple - you are punching above your weight as ar those sending emails to you. Lower your sights, you might do better.
 KitKat_K
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2016 3:16:28 AM
But surely men and women alike want to message and date people they find physically attractive? In my opinion it's the most important thing. Dating someone just because they like the same things you do without any physical appeal leads to a bad relationship in my opinion. So why lower your sights? Message who you like the look of. If they have common interests then even better.
 Aggers
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2016 4:15:04 AM

But surely men and women alike want to message and date people they find physically attractive? In my opinion it's the most important thing. Dating someone just because they like the same things you do without any physical appeal leads to a bad relationship in my opinion. So why lower your sights? Message who you like the look of. If they have common interests then even better.

Theoretically makes sense! and whole heartedly agree.

But this website is seriously flawed as is OLD as a whole, right (deep breath) :-

Perceived Negatives
There are too many poor quality profiles, with constant demands/lists or Just ask/ask me, as mentioned before.
Too many fake profiles.
Too many Married people, looking for extras.
Too many Non picture profiles.
Too many Ego boost seekers.
People "demanding" quality interesting first messages, then have no intention of replying based on a thumbnail.
People bemoaning that they have been badly treated and never want the same again, then go for exactly the same qualities as before? Then end up back on here being haters and announce "Back again" as if we all missed them?
People with no receptivity to anyone else. Having a stubborn idea of who/what and how you look, therefore given nobody, no chance?
Yaaaawn I could go on!!!!!!!!!

IMO, just observations from being here a long time, they seem to be SOME of the things which are irritating all and sundry and that list is by no means exhausted! Is it all wrong????? Yeah fundamentally, yeah of course, but these demeanours have evolved into OLD.

In theory, it should be really simple - see someone that you like, have common interests and message them. Then go from there. But because the is no personal interaction (actual Human) online. It feels as if you are allowed to just be ignorant.
Why do you think there are so many like that Mark from Scotland, or Lord Summer thingy. Hear so much about how their "mate" or someone who knows someone has a success story. Their self-belief is shattered, when they realise reality on here!

Perceived Positives
It's Free.
It has a Forum.
and .......err...... That's it!
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/27/2016 5:58:38 AM
"Simple - you are punching above your weight as ar those sending emails to you. Lower your sights, you might do better."

Gee, I've never heard that one before.

If I only sent msgs to the super good looking, younger, high maintenance, princess types I would agree with you.
But, I don't. I avoid them like the plague, in fact. The high maintenance, princess types especially.

I send msgs to women I find attractive but I feel are realistic. If I have to go lower than that I wouldn't find them attractive.

I am NOT sending msgs to women I don't find attractive. That would be stupid. I don't need to be with a woman THAT badly.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2016 8:03:32 AM
Wasn't trying to insult you and I am sure you don't go just by the photo. But clearly the people you are sending messages too are just looking at your photo otherwise why aren't you getting replies? I sneaked a peek at your profile and whilst I'm male and maybe not be best judge, it looks fine to me.

KitKat above reckons you simply must base your decision on what someone looks like whilst nx says the exact opposite. (women huh?)

The thing I take from that is that KitKat is talking about internet dating whilst nx is talking about real life. However, the topic is about getting replies from people here in the unreal world of internet dating and therefore photos are the only thing of interest to most members.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2016 8:32:38 AM
I'm older still at 61 but have no plans to lower my sights, I'd rather spend the rest of my life alone than with some fugly geezer cos he thinks he's entitled. I don't care if he can use the washing machine, dishwasher or any other household appliance as I have no intention of sharing a home with him.
All I ask is a bit of realism, a meeting of minds as well as bodies, compatibility but alas most 50 something males seem a tad delusional at best.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/27/2016 10:43:56 AM
"you are allowed to fall in love with someone who isn't picture perfect - give the slightly flawed a chance and you could meet someone who is outstanding."

I just love, love , love the assumption that what some find attractive equates to " perfect " and " flawless "

IMO guys are more likely to give someone they think is kinda cute a chance than women. I believe when it comes to online dating, women are more likely to be greedy and think " yeah, he's ok - but I want better ! I deserve it ! "
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What annoys you most on POF?