Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What annoys you most on POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 51
What annoys you most on POF?Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
There's a whole load of 'entitlement' cr*p on profiles on here,
it makes for quite uncomfortable reading sometimes.
I'm sure that men do this junk as well, btw.....

BoardGamerGeek
Msg: 52
view profile
History
What annoys you most on POF?
Posted: 1/27/2016 4:36:11 PM
Oh god yes Butter! Girls are way more fickle on here or in speed dating also.

I mean we are happy to say "that girl looks nice" and send them a message or tick them on the event. But women, my god, if you don't look like the greek god Atlas you won't even get the time of day from them.
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/27/2016 4:49:07 PM
OMG, are these British Chicks that hideous...they are nice to me, friendly, funny and cheerful...perhaps you should try showing them your American side....
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2016 1:48:57 AM
I treat it all, as i do life...like one big lucky dip hahahahaha :O)
 Aggers
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2016 4:21:59 AM
There does become a breaking point though in this engrained online dating mythology. I personally, am fed-up of being tarred, psychologically, that because I am a certain gender that I am not worthy of attention, because there are/have been a lot of d1ckh34ds in the past, treating people with disrespect. Realistically, why should that be? I think that OLD has just evolved into this great mythical "total nonsense" contributed by all and sundry just pitching in "their" bit over time and it being totally accepted. My previous post ^^^^ states how the theory could work, but never does as it is all too complicated with some individuals, because they believe the hype.

If OLD could go back to basics it would definitely be much better. Alas that will never happen because there are many spectrums of people on here (other dating sites are available) with their own opinions, beliefs and insecurities, all mixed up in a great big melting pot, creating essentially a lot of stalemates!!

Just because I contribute to the forums may not make me any more of an efficient online dater, it educates and make sure that I try many different things. It does frustrate though to read a relative amount of inactivity because of the culture that has just "evolved"
 Aggers
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2016 8:56:48 AM
Actually what's that saying???

"You only get out, what you put in"

I'm absolutely certain there are Millions, both genders, putting a lot of effort in and getting nothing from this website. That is why there is incessant moaning, ****ing etc.

Think about it! If you put a lot of effort in at work and they did not pay you your salary, would that be ok? I thinks not! Just a thought! (and before you start I know this is different from that scenario) but think about it!
 flossiescratchwood
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2016 12:35:40 PM
I'm having real trouble understanding some of what is written in this thread. Seems like some are treating this online dating thing like some sort of intellectual ( or rather pseudo intellectual ) pursuit.Yeah there's attack dogs and neanderthals to the right ( or whatever the female equivalent is), entitled divas of both sexes to the left and whiny arseoles all over. But you know what...take it or leave it. Noone forces you to be here.....and you aint paying for it.

Aggers......what does this
I think that OLD has just evolved into this great mythical "total nonsense" contributed by all and sundry just pitching in "their" bit over time and it being totally accepted.
. Totally foxed.

And BoardGamerGeek do you know what fickle means? It's definition isn't 'doesn't fancy BoardGamerGeek' .

I don't think butterchickenchuck is talking about punching above his weight merely reflecting on the unfortunate fact that pretty often the people we take a liking to/like the look of aren't the same ones that take a liking to us! Happens all the time doesn't it , just more pronounced online when we don't have so much to go on.

No don't go messaging Mr.Universe/Miss World and hang your hopes on them answering you ..though they might you never know! But surely we have to to be able to look at a face and think 'oh yeah I could wake up to that'?( which isn't really a hugely lofty ambition) rather than NOOOOOOOOOOO!! And that's personal and subjective.It appeals to you or it doesn't , no matter how objectively good looking or slapped round the chops with a wet fish that face maybe. The only caveat that I would place on that is that people often look different in photos than face to face.Photos often especially don't catch expression and character very well and if they did the levels of communication online might be much higher than they are.
 Aggers
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2016 2:04:21 PM

I think that OLD has just evolved into this great mythical "total nonsense" contributed by all and sundry just pitching in "their" bit over time and it being totally accepted.

miss flossiescratchwood - both us being long time members of this site and both being, briefly, members of other groups evolved from this very forum, we should both know that there are mutual friends that contributed to the evolvement of all these criteria that "other dates" require, need and indeed demand. Before they will even show an iota of interest?

Now, I am an open-minded individual and all I really complain about is THE quality of the female members in my criteria but my observations are taken over 7 years of being blighted by the social inactivity on this site and obtuse observations. I am not really interested in whether it is understandable, if others can get it, it seems to be OK to mention it. The main gist is if a lot of people are complaining about inactivity, it is far too common a thing!
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/1/2016 9:01:03 AM
^^^^^
I'm an American, we go where we please and fart in yer face for objecting...so here you go....well go on, have a sniff....
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/3/2016 5:47:25 AM
'If you're just looking for fun, don't bother messaging please.. Thanks :-)'
(Cut 'n' paste...)

10 pictures ....all of them with not a lot of cover......

'nuff said, really.

Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/3/2016 8:05:48 AM
flossie wrote :

" I don't think butterchickenchuck is talking about punching above his weight merely reflecting on the unfortunate fact that pretty often the people we take a liking to/like the look of aren't the same ones that take a liking to us! Happens all the time doesn't it , just more pronounced online when we don't have so much to go on."

Congrats, YOU are the only person in England, apparently, who understood what I wrote.
 Rock80Angel
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2016 3:09:01 PM
people who write.

Hi

That's all their message consists of :(
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 63
Posted: 2/3/2016 3:46:15 PM
I just remembered another one :

When they only have one profile pic ....and she's wearing sunglasses

Like, gee , thanks , that really helps me to know what you look like. Cover up the best part , good plan.
 KitKat_K
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2016 4:56:08 PM
Simple "Hey" messages annoy me as well Rock80Angel which is why I set up my mail settings. I still get the odd lazy message where a guy writes "Hey" followed by 50 "." to make their message 50 characters. Like seriously?! And I agree that sunglasses pics are really annoying.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2016 1:54:33 AM
Hey or Hi emails are automatically generated when people click on the "interested" or "maybe" on the Meet Me feature.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2016 2:58:02 AM
^^^^^^^^
I don't think they are. They are generated by send a flirt, I get loads of wanna meet me's but very few Hey's and Hi's
 KitKat_K
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2016 6:07:51 PM
That's exactly how a "hey" conversation goes lol. Though most don't even read a profile. And clicking yes or maybe on meet me doesn't send an email to the user.
 Dragracer428
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/4/2016 6:35:54 PM

That's exactly how a "hey" conversation goes lol. Though most don't even read a profile. And clicking yes or maybe on meet me doesn't send an email to the user.

Get 3 or4 a week from women who have clicked meet me
 KitKat_K
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2016 4:46:20 PM
In response to the above poster;

A) The background calculations on this site are awful.
B) Again, the calculations are terrible, and somewhat down to user error (e.g wrong post code on sign up.)
C) Womem rarely send out the first message, especially attractive, popular women.
D) A common complaint. But I'd rather be ignored over getting a rejection note.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/13/2016 7:31:45 AM
Umm - there's no adverts on my screen, I use Adblock (free on Chrome) -
problem solved..........

Roger More
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2016 4:15:01 PM
The hypocracy of POF:

- No nudity/sexual references etc allowed, yet I am faced with pictures of scantily clad women, wide legged & eyeless when I log in

- Men can't have private pics "because of nudity", but women can send them to me (keep them coming)

- arbitary age restrictions preventing contact outside "somebodies" idea of permissible age difference
 bobf1803
Msg: 72
Posted: 3/28/2016 3:23:51 PM
The thing that annoys me most about being on POF, is being on POF.
 Onyx49
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/28/2016 4:14:48 PM
I'm annoyed by the constant death threats from women for not returning their messages !
 Kodanshi
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2016 6:50:50 PM
How the 'Will Respond' list of people never actually do respond…
 BoardGamerGeek
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2016 5:02:11 PM
How girls hate getting messages from dodgy blokes but when they actually receive a nice long message from someone actually trying, they just ignore them and don't give them the time of day! Hypocrits!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What annoys you most on POF?