Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What annoys you most on POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 79
What annoys you most on POF?Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I once told a friend I didn't like getting " Hey " msgs , he pointed out that if it was from someone I found attractive it wouldn't bother me.

He was right.
 BoardGamerGeek
Msg: 80
view profile
History
What annoys you most on POF?
Posted: 4/30/2016 12:35:24 AM
Ghosting, one of the most childish lame and sadistic tactics done by women who don't have the decency to be honest.
 skiptalker
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2016 1:18:41 AM
ghosting? can you elaborate on that.
 skiptalker
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2016 1:23:34 AM

Oh god this trait is so annoying. You message a girl where your interests are perfectly aligned. You send about 2-4 emails back and forth to break the ice and make them comfortable. Then they ghost you with no reason why. It's downright mean and sadistic. Why waste our precious time and get our hopes up just to ruin it? You get off on it? You should know immediately if we don't look like Greek gods to you and you can't tell that much by plain email conversations so how about you just be honest or try a MeetUp first? Then you can give a reason why, but never ghost, it's a really childish act!

ah found it
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 84
Posted: 5/1/2016 11:50:40 AM
Internet dating has become 'sort of' 'trendy'.
The net result is that the product has been totally devalued
(apart from Marcus Frind who got 575mil in cash for this pile of cack)
I have a few tried & trusted peeps that I will exchange PMs with,
otherwise I don't look on the Net for 'companionship' or whatever
it's called these days...........

BoardGamerGeek
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2016 4:36:43 PM
Another one for list - the lame "spark" excuse where women expect some mystical trigger to suddenly erupt in them to make them crave a guy in bed after the first date of just talking to each other.
 BoardGamerGeek
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2016 2:43:19 AM
I spark like crazy, they're the ones being overly fickle and picky.

But frankly the whole concept of this spark thing is just like assuming life is like a Disney movie - gets really annoying, I'd rather they just came out bluntly about my looks and not hide behind that line. Would only drive me to attend the gym more often.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2016 2:56:40 AM
The spark isn't about looks cos if they post a decent photo you ought to have a good idea what they look like. It's about how well you gel and how you bounce off of each other, compatibility, whether or not you can imagine taking them to bed etc etc Looks has very little to do with it.
 skiptalker
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2016 9:03:18 PM
yeah looks well better that profile nice one,must have took ages.....
 try1more
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2016 9:54:45 PM
"i have just spent an hour updating my profile... a proper, thought out, sincere, time consuming profile... but when it came to update, all my hard work disappeared."

couple of bits of advice, if you take too long before trying to post, you can find you've been logged out, just logging back in then hitting the left arrow back button at the left of your browser address bar and it should all re-appear, now you can post it.
if you're not using firefox your browser "may" be different.

alternative don't bother logging in since you know what you want to do, just open (in windows notepad) or a similar note taking program if you're not using windows, draft out whatever you want, save it with a suitable name profile2016 for instance, this way you can take your time edit it etc, then loggin and copy n paste, if owt goes wrong you have a saved copy.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 90
Posted: 5/8/2016 1:18:10 AM
Morning NX - if you use 'update profile' as you go,
it will save as far as you've got. You can then reselect edit profile
and carry on from where you left off (don't forget to press
update before you leave!)
Lovely sunny Devon day - I'm at work..........

pipgoz
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2016 1:16:52 PM
I hate when guys message and then message again asking why I didn't reply. Well, I'm not interested clearly... why waste both our time by me messaging you back with a rejection? That can't be fun for you and I don't want to waste my time writing it out. Harsh but true.

If we get a nice long message from a guy actually trying it's really nice!... Until we go on their profile and we're not even slightly physically attracted to them or they live too far away or we have nothing in common with them... That's a bummer. We still appreciate a good/nice message that has effort put into it but once again, why waste more of your time by replying?
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2016 4:15:18 AM
So what Pipgoz is saying is exactly what many of us have already said, which is that for most people, the photo is the key. Anything else is just padding.
 try1more
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2016 5:37:11 AM
trying to post a new thread which does not appear but you have no explanation of why, nothing to say you have been barred from starting threads, nothing at all it simply doesn't appear when you hit post it just displays the forum?
this is what i tried to post.
anyone know why it didn't post?

petitions do you sign them?

normally i dont bother but after finding the one below i did!

i've known women that have had problems from wearing heels and i am really against any pressure for anyone to be forced to wear them, or anything else that is not necessary that can or will cause them problems now or in the future.

makes a bit of a mockery of protests over women pressured to wear a burka does it not!
talk about hypocrisy!

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/129823

any other views either way?
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2016 6:13:26 AM
Done it for you me old mucker
 try1more
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2016 6:38:53 AM
thanks chappie

looked up katie hopkins and mailed her, be interesting to see what if anything she has to say about it.
 Rusky38
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2016 3:10:33 PM
like so many online date sites its full of lairs muppets and complete time waisters
 BoardGamerGeek
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2016 4:16:15 AM
Another annoyance - when girls start being all nice and chatty, arrange a day for a date, and then a couple days later, simply delete the messages, block you online, remove your WhatsApp number etc without any warning or explanation. Essentially when girls lead on blokes probably to get some kind of "high" from all the attention. Someone mentioned scammers - icbidt18 is a profile for another one of these kinds, avoid her at all costs.
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2016 4:40:07 AM
too many fake profiles, but found the report user tab is better

having a photo stolen off the net is never going to work :)
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 99
Posted: 5/15/2016 5:07:56 AM
BGG - it is not on to 'name & shame' on here....
never has been, and could get you nuked...........

duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 100
Posted: 5/17/2016 7:36:02 AM
^^^^ would that be the dozen that turned up unexpectedly in my inbox at the weekend?
:)

skiptalker
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2016 9:58:29 PM

I think the thing that annoys me the most is when you don't get a reply from someone you have messaged after you get the 'Mutual-Meet Me' notification. I don't know about anyone else but I do find that one sided conversations seem to work best when you're not interested in which case, clicking 'No' would be the preferable choice. I'm sure you don't need to be that intelligent to work out when faced with a photo and a decision, click Yes if you like or No if you don't like, that bit is simple, right? I mean, you're not going to click Yes on a photo you don't like the look of are you? You can even click on the photo and read the whole profile before you make a decision so it's not like you have to make a decision blind. And if you make a mistake or change your mind, just as it says, you can delete from the mutual list. I could understand one or two women clicking by mistake or changing their minds afterwards but otherwise I really don't get it!

just chill nigel its only a dating site....
 billybonds
Msg: 102
Dear diary....
Posted: 5/22/2016 4:23:42 AM
People moaning about their lot. Take the poster above whine, whine, whine whine, whine. It's to me, very much a race to the bottom. Yes it does get you noticed momentairly, but only at the grave expense of losing all the respect and the erstwhile murmured approval of the United Kingdom forum community. There are I would Posit huge issues at stake in this world and the world does not revolve around aging broads from un hilly English counties.

For example.... a cooker.......a dish washing machine, yes it is likely......and a hudl ?

Versus another example. The economic collapse of the whole world by 2018, if not sooner....

Or the arrival in Sutton high street yesterday of a dashing, tall, young, swashbuckling, hero from a hilly English county to save a sixty-something damsel in Brexit imploding distress at the hands of a leaflet, waving, bearded europhile. I know there are posters on here who mutter under their embittered noses that Bonds does not exist, that he is merely a creation of the one called van or that if he does, his magnificent posts are grammatically awful. But in the spoken word, my words flow like a musical cascade. I was taller and I do agree, that for anyone who knows Sutton high Street, that it is on a gradient and that that gradient was in my favour but I was the taller.

The lovely lady was taller than me not that it mattered to her as she became aware of me at her side as she crumpled over his leaflet propagandizing. Feigning worry, I said, what about the ECB money printing ? Smile, shake of the head at my callowness, he explained in lentilese that the Bank of England prints money too. The truth doesn't matter in debate, it's all momentum and I grabbed it, replying that they stopped it, five years ago. He squirmed. She grew taller now and as he staggered backwards, so did I. I felt her brexit vigour rise in hope and I pushed on in. What about the Italian banks, who is on the hook for that 360 billion ? I was stammering here, as she looked at him, he was stunned and recovering myself, I question, deutschebank's exposure to the derivative markets, that is ten times the size of the German economy. No answer. I felt a second frisson pass at my mention of derivative and pushed my advantage. It's a train wreck , I said with a great BBC condescension, turning and now touching her elbow I whispered vote Brexit. I walked off in total triumph. Make no mistake, I have changed the world.

Did I mention the Hillsborough thread ? Or the gratuitous and worry inducing mention of my esteemed good name? No . For me it's not the insularity of the eu and domestic tribulations but what I can do for the world.

Post script.....
I have a Samsung mobile and a mini I-pad and a lap top computer in my tall boy that I hope works next time I take it out. I don't own a dishwasher and feel socially awkward at mentioning it. I'm a belling man, I think. The doubt comes from the fact that we tend to live separate, estranged lives.

Yep, my belling is wholly electric, lovely, proportioned like myself, Clean and black with bits of chrome like stuff. Hoover is a Miele. fridge a liebherr, washing machine is Bosch, microwave Russell Hobbs, lawnmower is orange for now as a giant thorny tree branch has blocked my ease of access to my garden shed.
 kalasmontreal
Msg: 103
Posted: 5/22/2016 3:34:16 PM
That is the same as any other dating site, but a good site to waste some time.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What annoys you most on POF?