Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What annoys you most on POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 xxhazeloconnorxx
Msg: 101
What annoys you most on POF?Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
@BoardGamerGeek It doesn't really matter if someone is trying or not. All that really matters is mutual attraction. If someone isn't interested in you they aren't going to give you the time of day on a dating site.
 Graffiti_Poet
Msg: 102
view profile
History
What annoys you most on POF?
Posted: 4/14/2016 9:03:29 AM
@BoardGamerGeek It really isn't just about rejection based on appearance it is usually just as much about timing as anything. All the women you message will have been on here for a period of time. She will probably already have people she is chatting to, people she may have messaged back and forth a number of times. She may even been in the process of meeting or having met someone already. She may very well have thought you were a good possibility but women, on the whole, don't tend to play the 'let's keep a few in reserve just in case game'. If you had contacted her before these other chaps then your well written message may well have had a completely different outcome...
 xxhazeloconnorxx
Msg: 103
Posted: 4/14/2016 10:22:54 AM
Recieving cut & paste messages and/or one word messages (e.g beautiful xx) annoy me a little bit. Something that annoys me more though is getting an identical message from the same guy a week later.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 104
Posted: 4/14/2016 10:29:04 AM
I once told a friend I didn't like getting " Hey " msgs , he pointed out that if it was from someone I found attractive it wouldn't bother me.

He was right.
 BoardGamerGeek
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2016 12:35:24 AM
Ghosting, one of the most childish lame and sadistic tactics done by women who don't have the decency to be honest.
 skiptalker
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2016 1:18:41 AM
ghosting? can you elaborate on that.
 skiptalker
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2016 1:23:34 AM

Oh god this trait is so annoying. You message a girl where your interests are perfectly aligned. You send about 2-4 emails back and forth to break the ice and make them comfortable. Then they ghost you with no reason why. It's downright mean and sadistic. Why waste our precious time and get our hopes up just to ruin it? You get off on it? You should know immediately if we don't look like Greek gods to you and you can't tell that much by plain email conversations so how about you just be honest or try a MeetUp first? Then you can give a reason why, but never ghost, it's a really childish act!

ah found it
 Wayne198828
Msg: 109
Posted: 5/1/2016 10:26:48 AM
People who don't put anything in their profiles, or will put, can't be asked to fill this out, or I'll fill this in later. Doesn't give us anything to go on really. Or people who fill out their profiles, it's presented really well, but when it comes to messaging they can't string a sentence together
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2016 11:50:40 AM
Internet dating has become 'sort of' 'trendy'.
The net result is that the product has been totally devalued
(apart from Marcus Frind who got 575mil in cash for this pile of cack)
I have a few tried & trusted peeps that I will exchange PMs with,
otherwise I don't look on the Net for 'companionship' or whatever
it's called these days...........

Wayne198828
Msg: 111
Posted: 5/2/2016 12:34:01 AM
Another one is when a woman posts a photo, and it has someone in it with them, so you can't work out who is the one you are messaging
 BoardGamerGeek
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2016 4:36:43 PM
Another one for list - the lame "spark" excuse where women expect some mystical trigger to suddenly erupt in them to make them crave a guy in bed after the first date of just talking to each other.
 _nx_
Msg: 113
Posted: 5/2/2016 10:32:29 PM
it's not "mystical"... it does happen.

it just doesn't happen to you ^^^
 BoardGamerGeek
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2016 2:43:19 AM
I spark like crazy, they're the ones being overly fickle and picky.

But frankly the whole concept of this spark thing is just like assuming life is like a Disney movie - gets really annoying, I'd rather they just came out bluntly about my looks and not hide behind that line. Would only drive me to attend the gym more often.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2016 2:56:40 AM
The spark isn't about looks cos if they post a decent photo you ought to have a good idea what they look like. It's about how well you gel and how you bounce off of each other, compatibility, whether or not you can imagine taking them to bed etc etc Looks has very little to do with it.
 _nx_
Msg: 116
Posted: 5/7/2016 2:05:55 AM
i have just spent an hour updating my profile... a proper, thought out, sincere, time consuming profile... but when it came to update, all my hard work disappeared.

aaargh...
 skiptalker
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2016 9:03:18 PM
yeah looks well better that profile nice one,must have took ages.....
 try1more
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2016 9:54:45 PM
"i have just spent an hour updating my profile... a proper, thought out, sincere, time consuming profile... but when it came to update, all my hard work disappeared."

couple of bits of advice, if you take too long before trying to post, you can find you've been logged out, just logging back in then hitting the left arrow back button at the left of your browser address bar and it should all re-appear, now you can post it.
if you're not using firefox your browser "may" be different.

alternative don't bother logging in since you know what you want to do, just open (in windows notepad) or a similar note taking program if you're not using windows, draft out whatever you want, save it with a suitable name profile2016 for instance, this way you can take your time edit it etc, then loggin and copy n paste, if owt goes wrong you have a saved copy.
 _nx_
Msg: 119
Posted: 5/7/2016 11:05:47 PM
thanks try... good advice but i don't use a laptop, just a hudl... so i don't have a document saving facility. i did try the backspacing thing but it seemed to want me to install the pof app. that failed as well :(

thanks you too skip... it's always helpful to bring in a bit of sarcasm :/

anyway that was yesterday.... onwards and upwards.. it's a beautiful day and ive got no plans other than to play in the garden and cook some sausages on the fire.

good morning everybody :)
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2016 1:18:10 AM
Morning NX - if you use 'update profile' as you go,
it will save as far as you've got. You can then reselect edit profile
and carry on from where you left off (don't forget to press
update before you leave!)
Lovely sunny Devon day - I'm at work..........

Wayne198828
Msg: 121
Posted: 5/8/2016 4:27:05 AM
The women, who put on their profiles that they are not looking for one night stands etc. May I suggest that you actually block those people from messaging you. Doesn't take much to do.
 pipgoz
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2016 1:16:52 PM
I hate when guys message and then message again asking why I didn't reply. Well, I'm not interested clearly... why waste both our time by me messaging you back with a rejection? That can't be fun for you and I don't want to waste my time writing it out. Harsh but true.

If we get a nice long message from a guy actually trying it's really nice!... Until we go on their profile and we're not even slightly physically attracted to them or they live too far away or we have nothing in common with them... That's a bummer. We still appreciate a good/nice message that has effort put into it but once again, why waste more of your time by replying?
 running_bluesparks
Msg: 123
Posted: 5/9/2016 10:46:37 AM
There is a reason why people might like a response (nice people that it is) If you have written a nice longish opening email to someone, it does indeed take time. But with the vagaries of the POF auto-reject system, you can't be 100% certain it was even received let alone read. Sometimes POF will pretend an email went went it didn't, when it censored it for some spurious infringement of the rules on sex before a 3rd date, mentioning birth town of Scunthorpe, or been slightly too old/young/distant. Not all the time does POF tell you it's not sending the email. Just saying after 8 years of experience, seeing the rules change and useful features getting scrapped.
But as It has been said before, there is never any excuse for a rude response to a polite note of disinterest. Such pratts should get a personality change.
 YentonianCRC
Msg: 124
Posted: 5/9/2016 3:14:59 PM

If we get a nice long message from a guy actually trying it's really nice!... Until we go on their profile and we're not even slightly physically attracted to them or they live too far away or we have nothing in common with them... That's a bummer. We still appreciate a good/nice message that has effort put into it but once again, why waste more of your time by replying?

If you appreciate the effort that much, you'd have the decency to acknowledge it.

Expecting guys to send you long messages knowing you'll ignore them regardless is the online equivalent of wanting someone to ask you out just so you can throw it back in their face. Its taking liberties.
 _nx_
Msg: 125
Posted: 5/10/2016 12:11:56 AM
^^^^ + 1

im all for ignoring rubbish messages but if someone has obviously put a bit of effort in, then there is no harm in showing a bit of respect and telling a bloke that he doesn't float your boat. in my book it's ok to ignore the second message if he chooses to send another though...
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What annoys you most on POF?