Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do "fat" women REALLY get offended when men respond back telling them      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lil_poppy
Msg: 76
Do fat women REALLY get offended when men respond back telling them they aren't interested?Page 4 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
Post 77

I guess I should have quoted what I was referring to when I posted about putting pretty words to fat or obese. This is what I was responding to:

Firstly, I don't like the term "Fat" and would rather use "Body positive"

The rest of your response was just "self-righteousness, arrogance, smugness, and the feeling of freedom to be "brutally hones"". Or words to that effect.

And I've seen more than a few that I would consider obese, put down "a few extra pounds"on here. So no, my ten pounds, to many, would be "thin". To the majority it would be average.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 77
Do fat women REALLY get offended when men respond back telling them they aren't interested?
Posted: 2/10/2016 2:55:52 PM

Uh......what USA are YOU living in. The USA I'm living in isn't like that.

not living in the USA..living in one of those "inferior countries" y'all like to "joke about" and put down

poor boy can't "make jokes" about women, minorities in polite company any more?

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..here's a crying towel
Do fat women REALLY get offended when men respond back telling them they aren't interested?
Posted: 2/10/2016 3:55:07 PM

Obesity has risen to epidemic levels in the US and other places in the world. The World Health Organization has a comprehensive way to deal with childhood overweight and obesity and has sobering info about it. People need to deal pragmatically with the issue and put their defense mechanisms away. However it is noted that most people will simple rationalize their behavior to avoid change. It is sad, especially with childhood overweight and obesity situations.

Obesity IS an epidemic and putting "pretty" words to "fat" or obese like "Big and Beautiful" is not doing anyone any favors. A few extra pounds is fat, anything more than that is is obese.

The coddling has gone too far. Overweight/unhealthy people aren't helped when we praise "being happy with yourself" such that they think that it's ok to be overweight.

Self-righteousness, arrogance, smugness, and the feeling of freedom to be "Brutally honest" and judgmental, have also risen to epidemic levels in the USA and elsewhere..

Nah, the applicable epidemic that we're seeing is pulling the crybaby-card and you're-smug-and-arrogant-card too easily and in response to every little time that someone gets some feedback that they don't like. Everybody walks on eggshells around each other, and nobody can communicate in any real or meaningful way.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 79
Posted: 2/10/2016 4:58:05 PM
^^^ well except for Smokers, we can be publicly flogged
I could call myself BTS - brainy tall smoker
That would get them running to me like lemmings to a Cliff
Seems it is society's fault people overweight.. so they get a pass.
Smokers - well they would burn us at the stake but non smokers never have a light
Sure when the Zombies come you'll be sorry you don't have a Bic
 Cycling99
Msg: 80
Posted: 2/10/2016 8:05:01 PM
That's what I mean when I said,

People need to deal pragmatically with the issue and put their defense mechanisms away.

Overeating is another form of addiction. Some people eat as coping mechanism for untreated / undiagnosed mental health issues, using other excuses like "old" disguises: "in my family we eat!" Yeah, they also died at 40 or 50 from a heart attack.

No addicts for me!
 choco155
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2016 11:26:07 AM
I am not fat, but in answer to your question. I think if I was very thick I would be offended. How would you feel if a lady typed in her profile, if you are muscled, have six or eight pack abs, but your package below isn't 8 inches or over, I I am not interested, sorry. keep stepping. Men generally are offended if a woman talk about that below, I think it's the same as with a thicker woman. I will not use the word fat, it's very offensive. Every person no matter race, shape or form, need someone to love. We should never make the mistake of telling someone in a profile, if they don't have the features we are looking for not to contact us. That is one reason why you are on a dating site. You never know in life what's going to be dealt to you in your life, you may be in shape now, something may happen and you become very thick. What would you do if someone didn't want you because of that?
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/11/2016 11:33:23 AM
What if a woman says she's not interested in a steroid user likely with balls like almonds or shrivelled up raisins due to the 'roid use?

Or says walking towards a wall with hands clasped behind your head and elbows forward, your d1ck better but the Wall before your elbows?

No offense, right?

Or says she doesn't like cyclists because they may likely have ED induced by all the saddle pressure on their perineum , the nerves and blood vessels feeding the Schwanz-stucker?

No one could possibly be offended.. Right?..
 lil_poppy
Msg: 83
Posted: 2/11/2016 11:39:40 AM

Do overweight, or "fat" women so I should say, really get upset or offended when they message someone, and are told by the man they aren't interested in them? For example, which this happens more than once. I get a message by a woman who is clearly overweight, telling me she has read my profile, and that I seem like a really down to earth guy who doesn't judge, and thinks we would really hit it off..Something like that, and others similar to that.. I simply respond "not interested sorry", or just "not interested" ..I don't believe I need to say anymore then that.

Now when they receive their response, often times they respond back extremely angry with me, telling me that I'm judgemental, or "how do you know?" "you haven't even met me or talked to me before, or "you're missing out, you're just like all the other goofs on here" ...And they often really get into it. I've even been reported and deleted before for simply telling someone I wasn't interested...Seriously.

A refresher on what the OP actually said in Post #1.

And what the heck is a "thicker" woman? If someone is up there in weight and needs to lose 30 pounds or more, they aren't "thick", they are fat or obese or morbidly obese. What is offensive is people who sugar coat words, you can put lipstick on a pig - its still a pig. So call it "thick" or "fluffy" or whatever - it's fat, obese or morbidly obese.

The OP, for example, did not message these "thick" women, they messaged him and he politely said "thanks but no thanks" and go an azz chewing in return. That is the gist of his original post on here.

And just because you're on a dating site it doesn't mean you should date whoever sends you a message. We all have preferences to height, weight, age, color, hair color, education, etc.
 2ufo
Msg: 84
Posted: 2/11/2016 2:09:58 PM

The OP, for example, did not message these "thick" women, they messaged him and he politely said "thanks but no thanks" and go an azz chewing in return. That is the gist of his original post on here.

Ah, but in the OP's profile, he used to say that he wasn't into 'Barbies' and that 'you don't have to exercise like me'.
I can understand why these fat women were offended at what they thought was his come on (no Barbies or gym rats) verses his delivery (no fat chicks). Same as I'd be offended at someone doing a 'bait and switch' by showing me 10-year old photos or claiming to have a graduate degree.

As a fat woman, I find this thread hilarious and pathetic. The erroneous assumption that I do nothing but eat all day is ubiquitous so I chose not to be offended by people assuming that. Sometimes hurt, particularly when they make some comment at the gym, but not offended.

Perhaps people who are so quick to scorn and accuse overweight people of a multitude of sinful moral depravity such as two desserts every night and a six-pack of sodas a day should do a bit of research in hypothyroidism, metabolic syndrome, PCOS, liver disease, kidney disease and certain kinds of cancer would provide evidence that not every 'fattie' overeats and under-exercises.

I'm not saying you have to date someone you don't want to date. Mutual desire is pretty important in sex.
This fat women doesn't get offended at a courteous 'no thanks'; but this fat woman wouldn't email the OP anyway.
 daynadaze
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2016 2:28:35 PM
This post was made so someone could use the word fat in the title, make fat women look stupid & desperate, and claim to be not doing that at all. It's very transparent. All of us fat women are suppose to run off crying and know we've been put in our place. What actually happens is the fat shammers come out of the woodwork and show who they are. And they add 'facts' like we are all full of diseases that only fat people get and are costing them money and we all die young. It's a thread set up to bash, just like posts about men do this and women do that crap.
 FGRN83
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/11/2016 2:46:44 PM
Hmmmm. I didn't get that from the title. Actually , I thought of chubby chasers. A group of guys obsessed with pleasingly plump females. Not my style , but some guys love big Ladies.

Just sayin I notice a lot of non white guys with biiiiiig girlz. The girlz mostly drive. What's up with that?

I do have a good male friend. An alocoholic ; so severe that he has rendered himself asexual. He is a foodie ; loves food and drink. His dates evolve around hedonistic intake. He is never without a big one at his side.

I would never be insecure about a woman describing any of her needs. Nor would most men , matter of fact we like talkin about "down there".

Every pot has a lid.
Posted: 2/11/2016 4:40:55 PM

How would you feel if a lady typed in her profile, if you are muscled, have six or eight pack abs, but your package below isn't 8 inches or over, I I am not interested, sorry. keep stepping. Men generally are offended if a woman talk about that below

We should never make the mistake of telling someone in a profile, if they don't have the features we are looking for not to contact us. That is one reason why you are on a dating site.

It wouldn't really matter if said guys are offended. A person can't tailor every darned thing that they do worrying about somebody wanting to get offended. That's ridiculous. I'll see a woman's profile say that she won't date someone if they're not vegetarian...I don't get offended. That's her business and her prerogative. It is staggering how much I absolutely don't give a single f-ck at all. It is staggering how much anyone should not ever get offended at this.

Since it might be easy for me to say this because my penis is adequate, how about this - I am not wealthy, formally educated, or 'established' in any sense of the word. I'll see many women's profiles which make it clear one way or the other that she isn't interested in someone unless he is formally educated or financially stable to a certain extent. Do I feel offended? Do I feel insecure about this? Hell no. That's the stupidest sh!t in the world. I simply don't have time to be offended by such a thing. I am who I am, and I acknowledge that a woman just wants what she wants. It might be true that some women are being dumb about it, according to whatever reasoning...but I truly don't give it a split-second's thought.

Telling what you do or don't like in your profile is exactly what you're supposed to do. That's not a mistake.
 2ufo
Msg: 88
Posted: 2/11/2016 6:42:23 PM
Perhaps, when I decide to date, my deal-breaker requirement will be must have at least 20 posts in the POF forums.

:-)
 sillysarainsask
Msg: 89
Posted: 2/11/2016 7:10:41 PM
^^^. I read that same request on a post somewhere by someone, a man I think, can't remember who. I do know that I looked and whoever said it had been here for a long, long, long time. So be careful what you wish for, lol. You seem like a very nice lady.
 south_city
Msg: 90
Posted: 2/11/2016 7:39:25 PM

Perhaps people who are so quick to scorn and accuse overweight people of a multitude of sinful moral depravity such as two desserts every night and a six-pack of sodas a day should do a bit of research in hypothyroidism, metabolic syndrome, PCOS, liver disease, kidney disease and certain kinds of cancer would provide evidence that not every 'fattie' overeats and under-exercises.

Yes, some people are obese due to a medical condition. However about a third of Americans are considered to be obese. That percentage has increased in recent years. I don't think medical conditions is the primary reason for it. Plus some medical conditions can be treated. I knew someone that was overweight due to hypothyroidism. He was given medication for it and was able to lose some weight.

How would you feel if a lady typed in her profile, if you are muscled, have six or eight pack abs, but your package below isn't 8 inches or over, I I am not interested, sorry. keep stepping. Men generally are offended if a woman talk about that below

If I didn't match what she was looking for, I would simply move on. Even if I did match what she was looking for, I would tend to avoid ignore women with these types of profiles. Women that have a long list and/or rigid requirements are often demanding and hard to please in my experience.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2016 10:58:21 AM

And what the heck is a "thicker" woman? If someone is up there in weight and needs to lose 30 pounds or more, they aren't "thick", they are fat or obese or morbidly obese.

I think "thicker", as opposed to outright saying "fat", besides being more PC, means that they Could feasibly lose that weight (although, fat chance). It's a relative term to the run-of-the-mill.

Laymans Terms Categories: Tiny -> Slender or In-Shape -> Run-of-the-mill/"Average" -> Thicker -> Fat -> Obese!

That's why I always thought POF (and others) should put 3 categories of those with extra-padding. It's 'Merica! We've evolved! :)
 2ufo
Msg: 93
Posted: 2/12/2016 5:46:02 PM

Yes, some people are obese due to a medical condition. However about a third of Americans are considered to be obese. That percentage has increased in recent years. I don't think medical conditions is the primary reason for it. Plus some medical conditions can be treated. I knew someone that was overweight due to hypothyroidism. He was given medication for it and was able to lose some weight.

The automatic assumption is.... overeating and underexercising.
Even I make that assumption.
But I usually rethink myself and give everyone the benefit of doubt.

Just because your friend was 'cured' of his overweight problem, you can't assume that everyone else is 'cured' by the proper or appropriate medication. Many conditions are not cureable.
 daynadaze
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2016 8:29:42 PM
Bodies come in all kinds of shapes & sizes, and yes, some people have a thick build.
 south_city
Msg: 95
Posted: 2/12/2016 9:29:33 PM

Just because your friend was 'cured' of his overweight problem, you can't assume that everyone else is 'cured' by the proper or appropriate medication. Many conditions are not cureable.

Never claimed all medical conditions can be treated or cured. But I don't think the majority of obese people have a weight problem due to medical condition.
 geekgrrrl
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Do men with small penises REALLY get offended when women tell them they aren't interested?
Posted: 2/12/2016 9:50:40 PM
south_city said:

Never claimed all medical conditions can be treated or cured. But I don't think the majority of obese people have a weight problem due to medical condition.

So what do you base your assertion on that the majority of obese people do not have a medical condition? Anything factual or just a gut feeling?
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 97
Do men with small penises REALLY get offended when women tell them they aren't interested?
Posted: 2/13/2016 4:05:18 AM
Certain observations point to that conclusion.?

1. It is primarily in North America and to some extent the UK that one observes a high % of the population as obese and super-obese. The USA seems to lead among G-7 members, among NATO members, etc.
In most other places the % obese is much lower...

2. Prior to around 1980s the % of obese people in North America, esp USA , was much lower.

Exceedingly odd that all these "medical conditions" would spring up recently, and only in a few countries .

sorry but it seems more logical to ascribe it (obesity "epidemic") to lifestyle choices..
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 98
Posted: 2/13/2016 5:12:39 AM

The coddling has gone too far.

I agree. Maybe I should be just as aggressively unforgiving to whiny, ugly cheap men about their homely and sloven appearance in the same fashion they address my fatness with their incorrect and unqualified analysis of my present health situation.
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 99
Posted: 2/13/2016 5:21:14 AM

sorry but it seems more logical to ascribe it (obesity "epidemic") to lifestyle choices..

What lifestyle choices? Isn't this blame du jour for shit people don't understand?
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 100
Posted: 2/13/2016 5:26:03 AM

Overeating is another form of addiction.

What constitutes overeating and what makes you think it's an addiction?

Nobody seems to address Orthirexia. But that's ok (to some), so long as she isn't fat.

Some people eat as coping mechanism for untreated / undiagnosed mental health issues, using other excuses like "old" disguises: "in my family we eat!" Yeah, they also died at 40 or 50 from a heart attack.

Culturally speaking, I cook. I stem from long-lived people.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do "fat" women REALLY get offended when men respond back telling them they aren't interested?