Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > To all you flakes out there      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PennyAnte
Msg: 24
view profile
History
To all you flakes out therePage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I am guessing you never heard the story about the lady that used to invite men to her address from online using Craiglist. She was from somewhere in New Hampshire. They found 5 bodies varied in different locations in her gardens surrounding her property. It's probably not a good idea to go out to a strangers home for a first meeting... just saying.
 Nestaron
Msg: 25
To all you flakes out there
Posted: 3/26/2017 8:54:53 PM
Hey I am a flaker I have skin falling off all the time rotten dandruff
 Cynderella
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2017 12:19:17 AM

Douchebags who have had active profiles on this site for 9 years 12 years whatever are the last ones on the planet to give relationship advice.

Yeah, that's YOU...douchebag....ever wonder why no one wants you or wants to be with you or wants you in their life???

Ever ask yourself why you feel the need to offer advice and opinion to the masses when you've been on a dating site 10+ years?

What a bunch of ****ing losers.

DAMN now I'm screwed
 gtomustang
Msg: 27
To all you flakes out there, thanks for nothing
Posted: 3/27/2017 7:33:23 AM
Great, now i'm going to think of a white turtleneck hiding flakes.

Yo, Vinnn-eeee! You ain't around the block no mo', but some posters who haven't had a date in 12 years have great relationship advice...stay single :) Still, if I was fvcking losers I could give advice on that, too. Its amazing where advice can come from. Some people can even take it from where the sun no longer shines but the moon is in full view.
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 28
To all you flakes out there, thanks for nothing
Posted: 3/27/2017 10:35:58 AM
Sorry, what was the topic again?
Oh yeah, people who stand people up.
Yeah, thats pretty flaky.
So's lying on your profile, or posting out dated pics.
Even if they DO show, it's... pretyy flaky to have butts in your car ashtray and say on your profile you dont smoke, or look ten years older than your pics.

Ive had women... tell me of some pretty flaky shit guys do too... seriously flaky shit.
So, lets not forget that this shit river flows both ways.

If at first you dont succeed? Dust yourself and try again.

True story?
I was supposed to meet a POF date and she didnt show. But, while there...alone? I met another woman. I got her info, and we ended up dating on and off for about four years.
Every date was a blast. We were both avid old school roller skaters.

To the OP?
Look at all the shit talk thrown at you.
Guess what? Its... not shit.
Just like a 'no show' date? Make lemonade of lemons. Hear the underlying things others are saying.
You cant let past negative experiences get you down and allow them to embitter you.
To quote Dee Snider, 'take a good look in your heart, tell me, what do you see? It's cold and its black, now is that how you want it to be?'

No one wants to be around a gloomy dude!

Or... maybe be constructive and create a number of pitty party groups for people who have been burned by flakes?
Itd be so big and so popular you'd have to create sub groups!

Frosted Flakes, for people burned by flakes who have addictions
Corn Flakes, for people burned in the Midwest
Snow Flakes, for people burned by flakes up North
Flakes of Tuna, for people in the Maritimes and coastal regions
Flakes of Ham, for... the Christians burned!

?No?
 IMayBeCrazy_But
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/29/2017 9:20:13 AM
""Head and Shoulders once said you can "wash those flakes right out of your hair". Try that. H&S""

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARuXrW1ZB0Y
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/29/2017 2:25:51 PM
The way the OP sounds, hes more ready to try H&K

I hope he flushes those flakes right outta his head. I hope he doesnt let a few bad apples spoil a whole bunch.

As Ive been reminded of in these forums, OP? Dont have expectations!!
 jlynn1955
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2017 6:28:14 PM
You gotta roll with it.

I just got called an old, fat, cast off by a guy I didn't want to meet. (Boy, was my radar working or what?)
I told him yeah I am....and those are my good points. Just ask my ex.

You can't take this stuff seriously.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/30/2017 7:39:17 AM
^^^^I like your new picture!

And yeah...you can't take this stuff seriously.
It's scary sometimes to think the online personas
could be real.

Yikes.
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/30/2017 8:07:08 AM
jlynn... if someone goes thru the time and effort of establishing, then attending a date, even if you just blow it off and 'dont take' the time and money lost seriously, it doesnt change the fact that standing someone up is a flaky thing to do.

So I can UNDERSTAND the OPs disdain.

Calling you names because you dont want to meet? Pretty flaky.
If I was to peak your profile and suggest theres other reasons why he might call you names, that'd be pretty flaky too
Trying to gauge your 'persona' because you posted, or trying to flame you then use your reaction to judge you would be pretty flaky too.

Too bad..flakes dont always just blow away. Even if you dont take them seriously, persistent ones can get annoying. Hopefully you just blocked that guy and mooooved on. And hopefully he caught your drift and moves on himself, never to bother you again.
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/12/2017 6:20:33 AM
This is a FREE site I don't understand all the whining at times.

If someone REALLY wanted to meet a person, they'd involve themselves in the real world and meet that way, or invest a few bucks for a pay site.

There people who meet from POF as well and establish a successful relationship and I am sure luck and experience plays a hand in that.

I'd tell the OP if he were around: "It takes one to know one. Be responsible for your own choices and behavior."
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/16/2017 6:47:25 PM

If someone REALLY wanted to meet a person, they'd involve themselves in the real world and meet that way

Agreed. People have way too high expectations for strangers. There's a reason why, despite online dating's high popularity, the majority of people still date and marry people they met through work, school or mutual friends. That's not a coincidence.

Seriously, what do people expect when trying to concoct a love connection with online strangers?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2017 7:10:21 PM
If you are going to bother with online dating then you get to hear their voice on the phone as soon as and ideally get a visual moving image with Skype or whatever before you agree to meet somewhere close to where you live and just for a drink to start. All this emailing and texting is for the birds.

Sometimes they do get there first and see you arrive and disappear. If you have clear current photos up of you genuinely and have not lied on your profile, then it is not your fault.

I am more mature than you and beyond my prime shall we say. When I tried the online dating lark a few years ago, not one guy flaked because we had a dialogue beforehand including talking on the phone. I have never flaked on anyone. In some cases wish I had disappeared but too polite to do that. That they were not as represented in some cases, is another story....

The site is full of flakes and fakes and you just take your chances. If it has happened more than once to you, and you were out of pockeet and obviously very angry about it all, then maybe time to try another option. .I will say that most of my meet ups were from another dating site. THis one does not have a good reputation. It has a huge free membership that is not vetted.
 cooldog65
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2017 7:49:45 PM

Seriously, what do people expect when trying to concoct a love connection with online strangers?

People expect that more optons = more sucess. I'll take one deep connection over a bunch of shallow connections any day.
 cooldog65
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2017 8:24:56 PM
I meant "options" and "success". Unbelievable...
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/16/2017 9:44:42 PM

I meant "options" and "success". Unbelievable

Actually, quite believable, hence, quite easy to ignore and overlook. Anyone who discredits your post because you missed an "i" or a "c' on whatever device youre posting from, and overlooks the point youre making, is an as$hole. Whats unbelievable is that anyone would care.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > To all you flakes out there