Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > stealing debit card      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 19nevertoolate62
Msg: 26
Stupid is as stupid doesPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Wow Society Fool glad you never had a lapse in judgement ever. It is hard enough admitting how foolish I was but your encouraging empathetic remarks make me glad I came forward with my experience. Makes me wonder how long you will stay single. Everyone enjoys being ridiculed by a heartless ignorant pos. Good luck with all that charm you are oozing, must be difficult fighting all them off.
 HereComesYourSun
Msg: 27
Stupid is as stupid does
Posted: 1/13/2016 8:07:53 PM
I have to say, I was surprised you're in your 50's. I was expecting someone in their 20's with this kind of story.

I'm sorry you trusted someone you hardly know. How'd he get the money out of your bank account w/o the card?
I could see where someone could buy something online with the numbers, exp. date and security code but cash would be another deal.

Kinda weird how you and your justfun guy have the same photo up on each of your profiles.
 InstructionalProducer
Msg: 28
Stupid is as stupid does
Posted: 1/13/2016 8:19:18 PM
"Kinda weird how you and your justfun guy have the same photo up on each of your profiles."

Ding ding ding!

This thread has officially been KOed.
 19nevertoolate62
Msg: 29
Stupid is as stupid does
Posted: 1/13/2016 8:30:55 PM
Dont hurt yourself trying to figure that one out. Once a pic is on the www anyone can use it lol. It took me 50 plus years to get this stupid I am sure your talent surfaced much sooner.
 19nevertoolate62
Msg: 30
Stupid is as stupid does
Posted: 1/13/2016 8:38:18 PM
yes it has when I figured I was wasting my time warning anyone about what can happen when you take a chance on trusting someone your dating . You guys have no idea what transpired before that. Btw the pic is of his live in ex girlfriend and him I am sure he did not have permission to use her pic or the pics of her grandkids. I am just borrowing the pic from him like he borrowed my money. Its all good.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 31
Stupid is as stupid does
Posted: 1/13/2016 8:59:52 PM
perfecta1990- Just a heads up that you are saying things that could result in him suing YOU, successfully, at this point, for several things.
Also, your rudeness isn't winning you any points.
You need to stop, you're kind of embarrassing yourself.
I realize you got played, you are po'd, I get it, but you are taking your frustrations out on other people that didn't do anything to you.
 Coma_White
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Stupid is as stupid does
Posted: 1/14/2016 3:33:59 AM
Experience is a harsh teacher. First comes the test, then comes the lesson.
 kandykane111
Msg: 33
Stupid is as stupid does
Posted: 1/14/2016 8:07:13 AM
Okay, the OP has had an experience. Now she is seeking revenge. Someday in the not too distant future she will learn the "lesson". Until then, she's just cranky. I don't blame her but I think she is going about the revenge thing in the wrong way.
 GuitarJoey
Msg: 34
stealing debit card
Posted: 1/14/2016 9:06:03 AM
Your typical online scam involves:

1) A foreigner
2) A naive person with low self-esteem
3) The promise of a reward for a small investment

Sounds like you got hit by 2 & 3. That sucks, but you did give him permission to take your card (which you admitted). Banks will hide behind this fact, because how are they to know when you give or revoke permission to someone to remove funds? He had the card, he had the PIN, it's on you.

Also, if it's Small Claims Court (less than $5,000), you can win a judgement and it's on you to collect. If the person refuses, you have no recourse. Small Claims is a joke; it's just a moneymaker for the courts. They collect your fee to file, and you're left on your own to enforce.
 19nevertoolate62
Msg: 35
Stupid is as stupid does
Posted: 1/14/2016 2:56:23 PM
There have been plenty of rude comments not going back thru the threads you were not one of them. Frankly I am so done with this site and I will never share my experience good or bad on the forums.
 19nevertoolate62
Msg: 36
stealing debit card
Posted: 1/14/2016 3:13:51 PM
Sorry Joey try door number 4. By the way got his attention says he is going to send me a certified check per the advice of his attorney Also the bank screwed up and failed to shut the card down when notified. The delay was not caught for 4 days and the bank is not disputing the mistake I am only requesting the amount during that time I am more than willing to eat the rest. So this isnt about poor me it is more like Country Cowgirl Justice If you prefer to call it revenge go for it . Either way I got my point across to him. And you are right about the card/pin thing and legally i would be screwed but like I said a little creative encouragement never hurts he has enough problems probably doesnt dare set foot in a court house . So all is fair in love and war .
AMF
 GuitarJoey
Msg: 37
stealing debit card
Posted: 1/14/2016 3:28:00 PM

perfecta1990 says...

By the way got his attention says he is going to send me a certified check per the advice of his attorney

Let me know how that works out for you. LOL.

AMF, indeed!
 Vannili
Msg: 38
view profile
History
stealing debit card
Posted: 1/20/2016 10:11:05 PM
perfecta, I sorry to what happened to your bank account because of the goodness of your heart..I hope you will get back all your money by taking him to the court.
 maybeebaybee1
Msg: 39
stealing debit card
Posted: 1/22/2016 7:22:24 AM
Let me get this straight ... you gave a stranger access to your bank account via your debit card?

What in the cornbread hell would make you do a thing like that? He wouldn't have even needed to steal the actual card if he noted your account number, expiration date and the pin code on the card when you freely handed it over to him the first time.

There's a reason we're warned on these sites about giving personal information to strangers. And I'm sorry for your loss, OP, but honestly, you're old enough to know better.
 ImLuvingTX
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Stupid is as stupid does
Posted: 1/24/2016 5:38:22 PM
What a mean and nasty and uncalled for, comment. Helpful or constructive criticism is one thing, but your comments are just plain mean.
Miserable people like you are the reason I quit participating in the forums 3-4 years ago. And the only reason I'm back is because I am unable to get on the main site and thought perhaps I could get to my profile this way.

Thanks for the reminder though.
 ImLuvingTX
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Stupid is as stupid does
Posted: 1/24/2016 5:42:08 PM
My comment was for "FooledBySociety".
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 42
Stupid is as stupid does
Posted: 1/24/2016 5:58:01 PM
Blaming the victim is unbelievably common around here. All the cool kids do it.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 43
Stupid is as stupid does
Posted: 1/24/2016 7:18:42 PM
Well, we're all bitter shut ins, so it kind of comes with the territory.

Excuse me, I have to go yell at some kids who might step on to my lawn.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 44
Stupid is as stupid does
Posted: 1/24/2016 8:00:42 PM
^ I sure as hell wouldn't go out there. Be safe!
 DownWsickness
Msg: 45
stealing debit card
Posted: 1/25/2016 5:37:43 PM
Sorry that happened to you I never gave a debit card to a guy that I liked even while in a long term relationship. Hopefully, you can take him to small claims court if it's less than 5k and reclaim the funds,
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > stealing debit card