Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AgentNinety9
Msg: 358
Why is it so hard to meet someone?Page 14 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
OP, dying alone ain't so bad. Especially if the alternative is spending your life with a man who thinks you aren't pretty enough or doesn't want to have a good conversation with you about anything other than sex. I don't think you should make your happiness hinge on whether or not you have a man in it, since that's just like setting yourself up to feel bad because you're single. OMG being single can be liberating. And living alone is easy if you enjoy your own company. Sure there's a bit of loneliness every now and then, but it passes quickly.

I happen to think life has too many other interesting things and people going on in it, so I don't lose any sleep about not finding me a man. Maybe I'm just easily entertained. I do get these fleeting glimpses of happy couples every now and then and think, wow that would be nice. But see that's the thing, it's just a fleeting glimpse and my own perceptual bias kicking in, when there's no telling how miserable these people might actually be on a day-to-day basis. There is no doubt there are many who feel trapped in a bad or a boring relationship, or worse. I can't really be trapped with me, myself and I. I know I have a short attention span so I'd likely want a man to go the fuck home now already anyway. I'd be no good for anyone. So I'll prolly die alone and it will only be the howling of my starving dogs before anyone says o snap waddup. *Shrug. Not worried about me but somebody please take care of my dogs?

So I'm likely a lot more independent-minded than you, but being happy isn't hard and life isn't really a battle against loneliness if you don't have a hubby or a BF. Why not start by just being happy with what you've got, like your health and your sanity. Count your blessings? There are many, and it's easy to lose sight of them sometimes.
 benartflick
Msg: 360
Why is it so hard to meet someone?
Posted: 7/10/2016 7:29:43 AM
"Most not so pretty people are meaner than pretty people in my experience"

Well said, Quija.

See, you attractive people are smart and capable of giving your opinion in a few words - clear and concise. That was my main point (in too many words) and I think some here didn't comprehend most of what I wrote.

Numerous times I got the impression GTO believes attractive people are more arrogant, not as friendly and not as good inside as those without the gift of outer beauty. I simply disagree. That's all! I'm sure there are many 'hotties' like GTO described, but I don't recall meeting any (in person). I run into unattractive unfriendly people several times a year (not including forums).

Currently I'm on Grand Jury duty. Day one I noticed only two (out of 23) unfriendly, arrogant jurors - both very unattractive. My initial observation was correct. Recently they mindlessly attacked two male jurors over questions they had asked the prosecutor.

Two female prosecutors are very friendly, smart and attractive.

The head prosecutor is an arrogant, unfriendly, incompetent con artist who apparently believes he's sort of a drill sergeant and we're recruits. Deep down I think if this clown didn't look like Ichabod Crane, he might be more civilized.

"I imagine you'd lick the soles of their shoes too."

Tutor, I didn't imply that in any way, nor did I suggest I didn't listen to them. Can't you read, sir?

I seriously doubt if I'm the only male here that enjoys looking at a beautiful women's face. That uncontrollable pleasure started when I was 4 or 5 and a smile on any face automatically puts a smile on mine.

Somehow, to you, enjoying one of life's simple pleasure makes one a 'shallow pig' and a 'creep". Amazing!

By the way, to be clear, I DON'T stare at attractive women in the supermarket or elsewhere - just a quick glance. I did look at my dates' faces while they were talking to me and heard everything they said. To you, admiring their beauty is wrong and abnormal?

A man calling another man a shallow pig is odd. Are you a closet homosexual? Perhaps the bitterness you seem to have toward women resulted in a different preference. Does a handsome face make you smile? Obviously a beautiful woman's face doesn't. You even think that's strange and pandering for a man to say a woman's beautiful face brings them pleasure. Believe me - it does and always did. My guess at least one male member on this forum knows exactly what I'm trying to express. Not you, obviously!
 Whisky_River
Msg: 361
Posted: 7/10/2016 7:38:33 AM
^^^^^^^Wow....You never cease to amaze me!
So judgmental of people because of their looks...you should be ashamed of yourself.
Talk about low comprehension skills. Clooney wasn't arguing that some "women" are beautiful to look at....it's your perception of them, is what he was questioning.
AND....You totally missed Ouijas...reference as well.

Of course, that's just my observation....I have been on the receiving end of of your malicious diatribes because I live in Canada....such a nasty man...you can be.
 benartflick
Msg: 362
Posted: 7/10/2016 8:51:30 AM
"Numerous times I got the impression GTO believes attractive people are more arrogant, not as friendly and not as good inside as those without the gift of outer beauty. I simply disagree."

Ms. River, do YOU understand that? Easy to comprehend - right?

My dislike for the prosecutor and 2 jurors had absolutely nothing to do with their appearance. They're just mean, unfriendly, bossy people who just happen to be unattractive. I did NOT look at them and think: unattractive - they must be unfriendly, mean and bossy.

I don't recall EVER meeting or dealing with a person (in person) that was attractive and unfriendly. That's all!

The vast majority of people (by far) I've met (in person - not on forums) are friendly. Rarely do I have a problem getting along with people (in person). My guess trolls don't go out much.

Why is it so hard for you to understand I was just responding to what GTO wrote and I disagree with him and never suggested anything I wrote applies to all or even a lot?
 memtoo
Msg: 363
Posted: 7/10/2016 10:04:56 AM

I have been on the receiving end of of your malicious diatribes because I live in Canada....such a nasty man...you can be.

I called him on his negativity recently and seems he is trying to clean up his act. Usually he has nothing nice to say about anyone, especially those more educated than he is or who have better jobs. He's one of those angry guys who holds it against other people whom he perceives as superior to himself.

So it was actually a pleasant surprise to see him say something nice about a few people . . . but I would agree with you . . he probably doesn't get it.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 364
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2016 10:52:05 AM

I don't recall EVER meeting or dealing with a person (in person) that was attractive and unfriendly. That's all!

Unless you don't get out much to recall anything about any types of people (style, natural level of attraction, old, young, etc) -- this is a pretty bold statement, and IMO is a reflection on some bias if you really think you've never really ran into an unfriendly attractive person. I've met unfriendly people on all scales of the attraction spectrum. I think very attractive women to those who don't know them can have an increased chance of being kinda rude, because they experience life socially in a different way than others. From my experience, have more a guard up because they get hit on a lot, are treated a bit differently, etc. Ugly people can be the same way, because their friends will get the real attention and they won't so much. But at the end of the day, it'd be silly to say that notably attractive or unattractive people are jerks or the opposite. IMO, you'll just have a higher chance of finding someone who sticks out on either side of the spectrum as being really friendly or the antithesis to that, VS others -- but not enough of anything to create a strong trend with some real traction.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >