Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BBEisBack
Msg: 365
view profile
History
Why is it so hard to meet someone?Page 15 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)

So I answered, others think she's attractive, I can't tell from her photos. Others think she is friendly and bright, I have a different opinion--not the opposite of their opinion, I just don't find it superlative. I just disagree with his example, but that's OK, we all disagree on some things.

Your thoughts on her Attractiveness, wouldn't have anything to do. with her Position on the current Presidential Race, would it? IMO, you'd be singing a different tune, if She held ultra Liberal views.
 gtomustang
Msg: 366
Why is it so hard to meet someone?
Posted: 7/10/2016 4:43:50 PM
So,if she had ultra liberal views, her photos would somehow be different? or would "her position" have more cleavage shots, since she'd be liberal? Well, I guess if more liberal woman show off more of their bodies, then I would be singing :) lol.

But i'm not seeing your line of thought what makes a women attractive, you should go into more detail like Benartflick did. Its true, I wouldn't want to date Ann Coulter b/c of her personality and her bug eyed crazy attitude, and I also don't prefer skinny women to voluptuous ones. But I do know others think she's hot, and like her views, too. I also don't agree with Sarah Palin's political views, but I wouldn't want to date her b/c she talks like she's throwing word salad at a wall and hoping some code word sticks.

Their personalities, attitudes toward their families, and level of intelligence are a turn-off to me. They are, however, attractive to other guys.
 _babblefish
Msg: 367
Posted: 7/10/2016 4:47:57 PM

Your thoughts on her Attractiveness, wouldn't have anything to do. with her Position on the current Presidential Race, would it? IMO, you'd be singing a different tune, if She held ultra Liberal views.

holy shit, yep, all i got, holy shit

Don't you agree a very attractive female on this forum is one of the friendliest and brightest participants?

oooooh, this is like voting for prom queen, who else is nominated cuz this isn't a slam dunk people

Currently I'm on Grand Jury duty. Day one I noticed only two (out of 23) unfriendly, arrogant jurors - both very unattractive. My initial observation was correct. Recently they mindlessly attacked two male jurors over questions they had asked the prosecutor.

Two female prosecutors are very friendly, smart and attractive.

The head prosecutor is an arrogant, unfriendly, incompetent con artist who apparently believes he's sort of a drill sergeant and we're recruits. Deep down I think if this clown didn't look like Ichabod Crane, he might be more civilized.

and here i thought justice was blind, fraud case? yanno, you being an expert an all

being beautiful doesn't give you certain personality traits, you just get the benefit of overtly displaying them without the same negative consequences an unattractive or average person would face

saccharin for the win
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 368
Posted: 7/10/2016 6:02:12 PM
OK this is funny.
In the past month, 2 different occasions, I have been in conversation with numerous biker chicks. Specifically, 3 hot biker chicks and 1 average/plain jane.
I saw 3 women from afar, (not together) who were dressed to the nines in Harley clothing, with perfect hair, jewelry and accessories. All of them were HOT! My assumption was, they would be stuck-up, or snooty. When the opportunity arose I opened a convo with each. The 3 hot chicks were very friendly and in fact BF and I spent the next 2 days with one of them and her husband, riding on the bikes. Had a blast!
The average/plain jane, looking woman? She was the stuck-up /snooty rich b****!

Soooooo............... my bad for making the assumption, and one should not judge by looks alone. I was wrong!
 confidentfatgirl
Msg: 369
Posted: 7/10/2016 7:03:53 PM
I feel you! It is so hard to meet people who are into intelligent, secure women. Just keep looking.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 370
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2016 7:14:43 PM

Posted By:gtomustang
But i'm not seeing your line of thought what makes a women attractive,

Here's where this started at.....

Posted By:gtomustang
I do know of a forum member others think are attractive. I think her photos are too blurry to tell, and to be terribly blunt, i'm not impressed by her. but so what, others are, and she's very friendly. it might be a part of the culture of her locale, or it might be that she spent time around someone abusive and so she's quick to pour sugar on any fight she sees. doesn't matter, she's the apple of many of an eye here, and that's good for her. its likely true in her life as well, or at least I hope so for her.

I know who I think you're talking about, but lets get down to Brass Tacks..... Instead of beating around the Bush...
Say what/who You mean..... The one I'm thinking of had lots of un-blurry pics in the past.... But the Band Camp people have been after her, lately...
If it's Who I think You mean, Your problems with her didn't come up, till this Election Season..

Maybe You can Babble on some more......
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 371
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2016 8:02:07 PM
Using the words hard and meet in a opening post, seems like a reason for comment on this thread...
'Cause sometimes the hardest of meets are also the most satisfying, after you finally get into their heads.

Keep in mind that a wise man once said .... A hard man is good to meet so don't give up hope OP.... There is someone for everyone and meeting is but the first step.
 gtomustang
Msg: 372
Posted: 7/10/2016 8:57:14 PM
well, I don't see how a presidential election makes blurry photos unblurry. Must be a new Microsoft feature :)

Do politics have to do with a woman's attractiveness? I suppose an argument can be made, politics are wrapped up in our beliefs, and our beliefs form our personality. Or maybe a label is a limitation. Still, Mary Matalin and the Rajin' Cajun do well enough. What's everyone elses' take on BBE's idea?

As for any irritation or issue I have with posters, some existed years before the election. I can think of one guy right now, as a matter of fact :) lol But other people are disagreeing with him right now, so I won't pile on. why be personal, we can talk in generalities, i'm sure certain issues raised/discussed can help a variety of people.

and yes, DF, we must kiss a few frogs to find our prince, or princess. its nice to be happy about the potential of a first date, but we also have to keep in mind, its a weeding-out process as well. its not like unwrapping a present, where we have the odds in our favor something was chosen for us, by someone who knows us.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 373
Posted: 7/10/2016 9:51:12 PM
Sometimes, we just have to suck it up and borrow a neighbor's Preparation H to deal with the irritation.

But, that's the price we pay when we seek something spicy at the end of the rainbow.

YMMV
 Whisky_River
Msg: 374
Posted: 7/11/2016 6:14:00 AM

I don't recall EVER meeting or dealing with a person (in person) that was attractive and unfriendly. That's all!

So, all those women you were with and have written about on here.....were unattractive in your eyes!
Don't make me cut and paste.....your posting history .
There isn't one of your ex's that didn't lie or cheat....very commendable behaviour....rollseyes.

Horse is Beaten....
 benartflick
Msg: 375
Posted: 7/11/2016 8:18:06 AM
norwegianguy456, I got out a lot and met hundreds of people over a long active lifetime.

Perhaps your doubting what I recall makes YOU kind of judgmental that a person's attractiveness might mean she's more apt to be unfriendly than your average Jane.

All people are generally friendly. (Except on forums and I heard rumors that mother-in-laws might be another exception.)

"I think very attractive women to those who don't know them can have an increased chance of being kinda rude"

Have you witnessed very attractive women being rude for no apparent reason?

Honestly, I don't recall witnessing a sober gorgeous woman being rude.

"it'd be silly to say that notably attractive or unattractive people are jerks or the opposite"

I agree. GTO suggested otherwise. That's why I responded to his comments.

Thinking way back (18 at time) a co-worker (door-to-door sales) thought he was God's gift to women. He kept hitting on this gorgeous girl and wouldn't take no for an answer.

She was clearly annoyed, but was never rude except (maybe) for asking me out on a date (I believe she did that to hurt him - only). She stated several times she was serious about going out with me. I agreed to meet her, but I stood her up (for a valid reason and she didn't have a telephone).

Ms River, what do cheating and lying have to do with people being unfriendly and rude?

"So, all those women you were with and have written about on here.....were unattractive in your eyes!"

No, they ALL were attractive and friendly.

My wife was very attractive. At times she was mean and unfriendly to me and our kids - but she was always high on drugs when she acted that way. Kinda like that Jekyll and Hyde character. She also stuck a knife into her thigh and said a black man did it. (One might think she had a mental problem at that time and her appearance had nothing to do with it.)

She lied to the police numerous times. She even accused another innocent huge black man of breaking into our house and assaulting her. What does that have to do with my responses to GTO's topic?

My longtime girlfriend was an attractive blonde. She lied to me and cheated, but she was always polite and friendly. (Too friendly to a certain guy - and I don't mean me.) Well, some here will say she was rude saying to me (shortly after we met), "I had it with dating 9's & 10's - they're too unfaithful. I decided to date 6's & 7's instead." (Oops! That might be kind of arrogant and condescending. I believe she was naive and thought considering me a solid 7 was a compliment. It was! A 7! Not too shabby. I certainly wasn't a 9 or a 10 - not even close. Besides, she invited me into her bedroom not too long after saying that.)

Do YOU agree with everything GTO wrote about 'hotties'?

Again, do YOU realize I'm not suggesting unattractive people are more apt to be unfriendly and rude? I was only stating the ones I witnessed being rude and unfriendly for no reason just happen to be unattractive. That's all! Understand?

Also, you can't be suggesting lying and cheating isn't common. Sure, many here will write they never cheated or lied. Odds are a few are lying.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 381
Posted: 7/11/2016 8:34:55 AM
I just don't see what the point was in bringing up a " random" poster - as if she's crushed. It is a round about way of making a cheap dig at someone
 memtoo
Msg: 388
Posted: 7/11/2016 9:58:35 AM

Also, you can't be suggesting lying and cheating isn't common. Sure, many here will write they never cheated or lied. Odds are a few are lying

LOL. I love the story of the person who touched a live wire and as a result exploded into a fireball and left only a crater in the ground. No, you are not a liar, you just have an active imagination. I also like how the "drunk driver" was not charged with a crime, according to you, because his brother was a local politician. Of course, you never established how you knew the brother was drunk or how you know he was not prosecuted because his brother was a local politician:

Message # 11

The Kindness of Strangers
Posted: 12/18/2015 9:07:43 AM
"What you all got? :)"

I've got plenty! Too bad most are NOT too positive. I give you the most shocking one.

On Sept. 8th, 2001 Stephanie, my sister-in-law, attempted to help someone involved in a serious car accident. She was on the way home from work about 2 AM and noticed the front of a car against a damaged utility pole. After parking her vehicle she rushed over to the car to see if anyone was hurt.

A power line had broken when the car struck the pole. The wire landed on the roof of the car. The driver, drunk, left the car there and staggered away long before Stephanie arrived on the side - not too busy - road.

While looking through a side window Stephanie placed both hands on roof of the car.

The driver of another car approaching the scene saw the huge fireball immediately after she touched the car. Nothing was left of Stephanie, age 27, mother of two.

The drunk driver wasn't charged with any crime since his brother was a local politician.

On occasion a random friendly act might end tragically. I apologize for sharing this negative story. On a somewhat strange note to me: her wake (without a body) was on 9-11-2001. Odd that I can remember those dates.

Message 49:

I especially love the crater story:

My sister-in-law touched the roof of the car. Nothing was left of her and there was a large hole in the road afterwards. Her death was reported in the local newspaper.
 memtoo
Msg: 389
Posted: 7/11/2016 10:16:22 AM
by the way, before you call me "insenstive", understand I do not believe a word you say. I say it is impossible to explode in a fireball and leave nothign behind but a crater. I say you would have had no way to know if the driver was drunk . . . since he "staggered" away long before the victim touched the car, or that you would have any way of knowing the reason he was NOT prosecuted.

Inother words, I just think you say anything regardless of truth or not.

But you tend to hate lawyers, doctors, politicians. You live in a world where you have a grudge against almost everybody it seems. You are negative and judgmental. A real prize.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >