Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why is it so hard to meet someone?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hemingway234
Msg: 426
view profile
History
Why is it so hard to meet someone?Page 18 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
Fireballs are rare, but they are real. I did see one on a power line once.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 427
view profile
History
Why is it so hard to meet someone?
Posted: 7/13/2016 8:31:45 AM

Again, rarely do I run into unfriendly and rude people (in person). I don't recall any of those people who appear to be unfriendly being attractive.

It's not just mingling with people. Most observations of unfriendly people are done 2nd-hand, and it doesn't require a scene to be made or anything freakishly rude by any stretch. They're just noticeably socially withdrawn from interacting with some persons outside folks they know, even where such interaction isn't "stepping on one's turf" by any means. I've been to plenty of social environments where folks can be cliquey and if you don't know someone they know, you'd expect more to be unfriendly to you than being friendly. Unfriendly doesn't require being outright rude or anything -- just socially withdrawling from the other person (where being Friendly would be the opposite). People will "read the crowd" and see where the friendly ones are and the ones with the higher % chance of being socially uptight (non friendly) are. It's one thing a single guy needs to know. He has to put up with engaging with unfriendly gals when mingling in social environments, and not let that prevent him from sitting in the corner just mall-watching. :)

But I agree, it doesn't take an attractive woman at all to be that way -- and it's an exaggerated notion that an attractive gal will be socially unfriendly outside her peers (or with them), VS a not-so-attractive woman. Much the same as some say fat people are "jolly", which isn't exactly true either. But in the end, I observe people being uptight/unfriendly all the time -- and I spend little time in clubs. But I also observe most people being in the neutral zone or friendly.

She didn't thank me or even give me a friendly smile or nod. That might be kinda rude and not being friendly. It didn't bother me because my girlfriend and I got good seats to an awards presentation

Yeah, that would be projecting unfriendliness, sure. If you saw a person like that carry themselves in an uptight manner when interacting with others who weren't close to them, yeah, they're notably not friendly. I see that all the time in environments where I just assume gals are sick of being hit on by guys, having a rough day at work, etc. and just aren't an all and all Friendly person in general combined with that (maybe they're neutral-zone and having a bad day? who knows). When you're not their peer -- you'll see said types around if ya pay attention. Not hard. But at the same time, one's not doing a consensus, and we're used to it to Some degree, as we should I suppose, when around strangers.

Maybe here in the north, there's not so much "southern comfort". ;)
 raisedinhill
Msg: 428
Posted: 7/13/2016 9:06:00 AM
But of course Ben....you held the door open for Caroline Kennedy, she was rude to you and you were thought to be her guest, and Katie Couric lectured you on your driving and your sister in law went Poof. Who wouldn't believe these shockers. (Pun intended). Lol.
 benartflick
Msg: 429
Posted: 7/13/2016 9:34:28 AM
Memmtoo or raisedinhill, how many ID's do you have?

When I held the door open for Caroline, I didn't realize who she was at the time. (I didn't realize it might be Couric until she drove away. I immediately thought she looked and sounded familiar. I had several unusual celebrity encounters over a long lifetime. I'm sure you wouldn't believe any of them. Why should I care what you think? Obviously you don't get out much or go to places where you might run into somewhat celebrities.)

After we entered the library, my girlfriend said that was Caroline Kennedy. The beginning of the following video is seconds after we entered the library. Do you doubt I took that video?

https://youtu.be/Qdjt2Q0LH2Y

I know it's a waste of time trying to prove anything to you. The video I posted showing the fireball had the words 'made a hole' in the title. Ya never noticed those words - right?
 raisedtoo
Msg: 430
Posted: 7/13/2016 10:13:40 AM
I have an unlimited number of IDs. . . so if you are the psycho behind my nukings . . . keep at it. Is it your contention that Couric worked in Jacksonville, was an anchor in Jacksonville, and that's how you knew who she was?

Anyway, you shouldn't care what I think, but I do think you are pathological. I understand lying for your own self interests, if you have something to gain, but I never understood people who lied just for the hell of it. I get its a mental disorder, and I learned long ago that it is not a rare disorder either. But no skin off my nose.
 kj521
Msg: 431
Posted: 7/13/2016 1:00:37 PM
Posted By:gtomustang
I do know of a forum member others think are attractive. I think her photos are too blurry to tell, and to be terribly blunt, i'm not impressed by her. but so what, others are, and she's very friendly. it might be a part of the culture of her locale, or it might be that she spent time around someone abusive and so she's quick to pour sugar on any fight she sees. doesn't matter, she's the apple of many of an eye here, and that's good for her. its likely true in her life as well, or at least I hope so for her.

Posted by BBE
A Blond Southern Lady, who has posted about supporting Trump....

Ooooh! I know who y'all are talking about!

Just between us....I hear she's NOT all that Hot and she's crazier than a bedbug. Probably dumber than a box of rocks, too.

But she seems happy so it's all good! :D
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 432
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2016 1:25:50 PM
Now just a goshdarn minute here Ms Kj. You're insulting rocks now? I don't believe it. Poor rocks. They just lie around mindin' thier own business and you go and insult them. AND crazy bed bugs? What's this world comin' to? Bad mouthin' rocks and bed bugs, sheesh!
(LOL)
 kj521
Msg: 433
Posted: 7/13/2016 1:41:01 PM
^^^^^That's 'cause I'm mean, Ms. Lady.

Must be 'cause I've never been abused. ;)

(Sorry Mr. Gto but that was just funny. :) )
 flman2015
Msg: 434
Why is it so hard to meet someone? ... gotta look in the right place.
Posted: 7/13/2016 2:03:25 PM

I figured out why it's so hard to meet someone.... it's because we look for a needle in a haystack instead of looking for a happy crazy bedbug in a box of rocks ;-)

gtomustang

she's quick to pour sugar

She doesn't pour sugar... pure honey ;-)... all that's missing are a dozen donuts and mirrors on the ceiling :-)
 kj521
Msg: 435
Posted: 7/13/2016 2:24:54 PM
^^^^Hope you're not handcuffed and gagged when she's pouring that pure honey, Mr. Flman.....she's liable to get distracted.....being crazy and all....and probably go shoe shopping. :)

flman2015
Msg: 436
Posted: 7/13/2016 3:07:16 PM

Hope you're not handcuffed and gagged when she's pouring that pure honey, Mr. Flman.....she's liable to get distracted.....being crazy and all....and probably go shoe shopping. :)

^^^ that's a crime... premeditated shoe shopping with aggravating circumstances and possibly a sexual felony too. ;-)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 437
Posted: 7/13/2016 5:04:44 PM
Lovely picture KJ
You gotta remember to spread that sugar so some of the " men" don't get all butt hurt
Or they eat far too much fatty food causing said BH
Did someone say shoe shopping? My talons hardly fit into most shoes but they so fun, and then, you can bring the home, sit them on the Counter
And worship at the altar of virgin shoes
Oops, that was my outside voice
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 438
Posted: 7/13/2016 5:20:21 PM
I met a man just a couple days ago. He introduced himself to me. I was quite surprised by this, as I never get approached by men anymore. Then I noticed he was blind. This is a true story.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 439
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2016 8:40:56 PM

I met a man just a couple days ago. He introduced himself to me. I was quite surprised by this, as I never get approached by men anymore. Then I noticed he was blind. This is a true story.

Oh, come awn, really? :)

You: "So, do I look pretty?"
Him: "Well, I can't say for sure, but..."
You: "Wait wait wait -- you're not exactly earning brownie points here, pal. Do you think I look pretty or not??"
Him: "Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and my eyes---"
You: "Cut the poetic crap, Mr Cool with a magic wand who can't put his shades down. Quit dodging the question. It's a Yes or No question!"
Him: "(sigh) ... Well, actually, no woman has looked better than you to me in all my existence."
You: "Geez, now you're laying it on too thick. Learn some game! Next!"

;)
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 440
Posted: 7/13/2016 9:54:17 PM
Bigger, Better, Deal...
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 441
Posted: 7/13/2016 10:09:13 PM
Norwegianguy: Your finding humor in my pain makes it all worthwhile :)

ClooneysTutor: Wtf are you talking about?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why is it so hard to meet someone?