Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 135
Why is it so hard to meet someone?Page 6 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
darknight474

I love you, too, Bluemoon.
 michelinman2
Msg: 136
Why is it so hard to meet someone?
Posted: 1/22/2016 2:17:09 PM
Well, bless your little heart.

Wrong again. That's 4 out of 5 wrong by my count.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 137
Posted: 1/22/2016 2:43:07 PM
You confessed weeks or months ago that you and another poster stockpile multiple profiles that you share with each other. Did you think people would forget that?? Your writing style is very recognizable, especially since there are so few posters anymore. Some people are totally clueless, but not me, and when you take cheap shots at me I will call you out.
 michelinman2
Msg: 138
Posted: 1/22/2016 5:17:01 PM
Please feel free. But the other posters you have said were Bluemoon in the last month or so weren't Bluemoon. One of them I know who the poster was, the others I don't know. And as you're not totally clueless, maybe you can confirm with me who posted my personal information on here, I know for certain one still posting plus an accomplice. As for cheap shots, it looks like the guy or gal taking cheap shots at you is doing so because...you take cheap shots at people. The irony. And if you are so clever, who is (are) the other poster(s) that pop in and rant and leave, another mystery I can't figure out.
 HyperDrifterRay
Msg: 139
Posted: 2/9/2016 8:57:44 PM
It's just that you may have not meet that guy yet. I'm in a similar position not to divert the conversation. I also want to meet people that have at least a point in common. Honestly, I just read your profile and you look really cool as a person already! (sigh) If you would have lived in Canada, I certainly would have wanted to chat with you :P
 dreamyvisions
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2016 12:40:30 AM
First and foremost you are very pretty!! beautiful smile ,nice eyes lips and shape! Your not the only one trust me. My issue isnt meeting people-im just not compatible with alot of the women i meet. I have an attitude pref, seems like there so many women out there hurt from past relationships. Truth is they should be healing instead of looking for someone new. I myself even took a year off from dating after long term relationships ended more then once-no fwb no nada. I think you and i may have the same issue our ideal or future mate live in another state-which sucks for me because im not moving from NY anytime soon and the idea of a long distance relationship sounds depressing
 coolbigdaddyphilly
Msg: 142
Posted: 2/19/2016 12:24:53 PM
Why Can't I Find A Good Mate? Webinar

Dating can be time consuming, intimidating, or somewhat nerve racking. Com listen to this fantastic event and walk away with new way to appraoch dating and relationships.

.We will discuss:
•What vibe are you putting out in the atmosphere?
•Law of Attraction
•Qualifying a potential mate.
•Dating 101
•Avoiding dating and relationship pit falls.
•Confront deep rooted issues that may prevent you from relationship.
•Gain freedom in relationships and vulnerability.
•Learn to do relationships well, whether in friendship, dating or preparing for marriage
•Learn how to love yourself so you may allow others to love you

Plus much more.

When you RSVP you will get a dial in number for the conference. I will also email you a worksheet so that you can follow along in the session.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/why-cant-i-find-a-good-mate-webinar-tickets-15989397719
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 143
Posted: 2/19/2016 5:37:21 PM
^ If I don't want to attend, can I just send you my credit card info?
 gtomustang
Msg: 144
Posted: 2/20/2016 6:25:32 AM
sure. he said give it to me, i'll pass them all along.

Reminds me of the old sign hanging around Rec Rooms, 'Free Advice, $5". Guess what the advice is?
 rockstartrucker82
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2016 3:57:18 PM
I'm gonna say the same thing that I say to everyone I know who always questions why it's so hard to meet anyone...

You're meeting people. You're just making the choice to not date them.

And when it's getting to the point of becoming a life-long chronic problem, maybe your standards are just that unrealistic. Maybe you view yourself way higher than the rest of humanity does. You have 100% control of who you decide to give the chance to get to know... But it really seems like there's almost a fear that you'll end up attracted to the short guy, or the fat girl, or the unemployed... like any of that is really even a bad thing.

The only person that can REALLY answer why it's so hard to meet anyone is yourself. And when you really pay attention to these forums and the profiles on these sites, a lot of people are their own worst enemies when it comes to dating.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 146
Posted: 2/20/2016 4:58:53 PM
I totally agree with you Trucker.. a first!
I hear friends say the same thing - then when I ask Qs it reveals a whole other reason
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 147
Posted: 2/22/2016 3:56:27 AM

I'm gonna say the same thing that I say to everyone I know who always questions why it's so hard to meet anyone...

Thank you.
 showboatsupreme
Msg: 148
Posted: 2/22/2016 4:46:50 AM
Sometimes it's hard after meeting someone as well.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 149
Posted: 2/22/2016 7:10:51 AM

The only person that can REALLY answer why it's so hard to meet anyone is yourself. And when you really pay attention to these forums and the profiles on these sites, a lot of people are their own worst enemies when it comes to dating.

Wow dude, I finally agree with something you say.
 ohenryx
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2016 11:06:31 AM

rockstartrucker82

….

I have to agree with Ouija, LastHook, and IG: Very well said, Trucker. Very well said.
 dpwesu
Msg: 151
Posted: 2/22/2016 11:13:17 AM
While I haven't read the entire post....I think it's hard to meet someone out here because we all seem to have an unrealistic "list" of what we want and what we won't tolerate. We are so quick to rule someone "out" versus to rule someone "in".

The forums are so full of what we want, right along with things we refuse to deal with. So yes....in essence....we are our own worst enemies when it comes to dating out here........
 Nj2ut
Msg: 152
Posted: 2/22/2016 12:52:38 PM
"Unrealistic" to whom? The person who has the criteria or the person who doesn't meet the criteria? Who is anyone else to tell another person their list of wants in a person they're looking to meet is wrong or unrealistic (especially if they don't why that's important to that person).
 dianna6886
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2016 8:21:30 AM
Wow, I could have written this myself. I would be happy to even meet a man I had nothing in common with. It seems to me there are no men out there, anywhere. I live in an area that is rural and so dating sites seemed a good idea for me. NOT. As far as you saying you are not pretty enough, you need to stop that. I am a woman and I can see that you are VERY pretty. That is NOT the problem trust me. Are you strong, independent, intelligent? What I have found on the dating sites (I hate to say) are psychopaths who are VERY good at what they do. Not the kind you think of when watching "The Shining", those are obvious but the narcissistic borderline personality disorder type. The men either want a sex hookup or they want the chase and game. read "Romeo is Bleeding, When Mr Right turns out to be Mr Wrong" (OBGYN.net). I believe there are decent men out there who feel the same way we do and are as frustrated as we are because they don't know where a decent woman can be found. I have given up then tried again, then given up. A crazy cycle. It is very lonely but still I wait. Perhaps it is not my time, perhaps there are still things I need to work on within myself, I don't have the answer but you are not alone trust me on that. Also trust me when I tell you that there is nothing WRONG with you! If someone has the answer I can hope they will give it to us both. Good luck GF.
 dianna6886
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2016 8:37:57 AM
Womaninprogress has a FANTASTIC attitude and I agree with everything she says. Not always easy to get out and network when you live in a town of 300 though. LOL
 gtomustang
Msg: 155
Posted: 2/23/2016 8:54:13 AM
there are people who have an unrealistic image of themselves. I used to work with a 40 yr living in his mom's basement due to DUI's who wanted the perfect gal who didn't need a guy like him, and a lady who wanted a hot fellow when she could be described as "poufy" in body shape. There are people who want someone outside of their league in order to make their lives better. There are others who focus too much on the outer shell, and ignore what's inside...or not in there. they'll find the narcissists b/c the list of what they were looking for, didn't include the red flags they should be also looking for.

and, of course, there are people who know what they want, and its healthy, and so they really aren't picky, they just aren't willing to settle. The more these people hew away from what is normal and average, the fewer compatable partners they can find. and then there's the simple fact about shopping for anything online...you hold out thinking that with so many choices, you can find a better bird in the bush than the one already in your hand.
 Maleman999
Msg: 156
Posted: 2/23/2016 8:59:23 AM
dianna6886:
Maybe your attitude has something to do with your lack of success. A line in your profile says:
"Do not message me and be Mr. Nice Guy then spin a 180 and become an A-hole ."
And in post 155: "What I have found on the dating sites (I hate to say) are psychopaths who are VERY good at what they do."

Gee, I can't understand why you don't have guys lining up to date you. lol. If you are attracting psychopaths-not just your run-of-the-mill average psychopaths, but VERY good psychopaths-maybe the problem is you and/or your picker.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 157
Why is it so hard to meet someone acceptably hot/rich/attractive?
Posted: 2/23/2016 9:10:11 AM
in general..someone 'higher' in one or more of these attributes than oneself..

preferably, all 3.
 dianna6886
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2016 10:06:50 AM
I see you checked out my profile, which BTW is NOT the original one and is very old since I have been Off site more than on. There was definitely a reason for the statement about the 180. I was receiving some harassing (the reason I had to hide my profile, So wondering how YOU saw it) and eventually had to report. As far as ATTRACTING psychopaths, I am NOT picking them, I am only seeing them for what they are. They are picking me. I admit I have to go and make my profile back to the original but as I said i have been off POF for a very long time. Thank you for the gentle reminder LOL
 Whisky_River
Msg: 159
Why is it so hard to meet someone acceptably hot/rich/attractive?
Posted: 2/23/2016 10:11:51 AM
I'm not looking for anyone "hot(juvenile word ..imo) or rich".....attractive to me...yes.
It's not hard to line up dates if you will meet just anyone.....I use to do this.
I have become more honed in my abilities to choose people that are worth my while.
I don't want anything out of the norm.....just a good fit.
 rockstartrucker82
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2016 6:07:48 PM

there are people who have an unrealistic image of themselves. I used to work with a 40 yr living in his mom's basement due to DUI's who wanted the perfect gal who didn't need a guy like him, and a lady who wanted a hot fellow when she could be described as "poufy" in body shape. There are people who want someone outside of their league in order to make their lives better. There are others who focus too much on the outer shell, and ignore what's inside...or not in there. they'll find the narcissists b/c the list of what they were looking for, didn't include the red flags they should be also looking for.

It's a fine line that most people lack the finesse for. There's tons of people who end up in love with someone that's unemployed and lived with their parents their whole life. There's no one size fits all approach to dating. If you have an idea person, the chance of that is never really dead, it gets smaller the farther you get from fulfilling it yourself, but it happens.

Where so many of us hit that point of being picky, and going way beyond just having a preference, is when we hit that point that nothing less will do.

To give a better perspective on what I'm trying to say:
A girl who isn't attracted to me has standards, but a girl who only talks to hot guys is picky.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >