Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > be careful of JOY2678      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Walts
Msg: 71
be careful of JOY2678Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I believe in whiskey.

That, and the possibility that one day I will catch the right one. I just got to hit the right river, at the right time, with my belly only half full of the sweet nectar. After that, I know there isn't even a chance, no matter how much faith I have.
 Maleman999
Msg: 72
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 2/4/2016 5:44:45 AM

Msg 74: Be careful what you ask for for you might just get it.

I sure hope so. I never wish for things I don't want.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 73
view profile
History
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 2/8/2016 4:43:41 PM

The job, the dui, the license, all happened during the course of our relationship.

If him losing his job, getting a dui+license suspension happened during the course of your relationship -- there was nothing he was being a FAKE about. Becoming a bad (or worse) catch? OK. But your first post is "fake" if this sentence here in your 3rd post isn't a typo.

Obviously if he was "nothing like his profile," why would you even go on a 2nd date with him? After all, one of the big things is the Pictures. And if you started dating him, definitely the surface personality of him at least (along with looks) were accurate.

Also -- him being separated -- he never said he WAS divorced. He was separated. No lying there.

I think the main thing is is that he went into a tail spin when losing his job & getting a dui, which broke down the relationship at least to some degree. And all that led him to start cheating on you, which he was probably indulging a bit behind the scenes before everything totally fell apart.

In the end, no, he wasn't some total Fake -- more like a total Flake. Big difference. :)
 mapleleaf12
Msg: 74
view profile
History
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 2/11/2016 9:25:30 AM
well i have a job, drivers license is current and no points removed and i am divorced...pick me pick me..damn i live in ontario canada
 dreamyvisions
Msg: 75
view profile
History
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 2/18/2016 12:15:35 AM
Curious if you were over em because he was such burden--why did you look for em on here the day you both broke up?
 BeyondtheMatrix
Msg: 76
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 2/20/2016 12:48:21 PM
I am not going to attack you or belittle you or laugh at you or condemn you or ridicule you. What I suggest is that you read a book -- a particular book.

I am a reader. It's what I do. I don't mean in the professional sense. I mean -- I read books. I read books like some people study the Stock Market. I read non-fiction books. I can't get enough of them. As Helen Hanff in New York in 84 Charing Cross Road said to Frank Doel at Marks & Co in London: "I can never get interested in people who never existed and things that never happened." I am paraphrasing what she said. I am with Helen. Fiction just doesn't do it for me.

I am now 62, and I have read thousands of books. Some I have found interesting, some I have found fascinating, and some I have found worth reading but I certainly wouldn't want to read them again. There are certain books that 'hit' a certain spot in the Soul and are remembered always.

One of these comes by the simple title of Awareness, by Anthony de Mello. For want of a better term, it blew me away. I don't like that expression, but it fits here. I talk about this particular book a lot, to people I know and people I don't know. I recommend that they read it if I think it will help them.

Please, GJGT, I urge you to read it. Buy the book and 'study' it like a textbook. It is not long, perhaps 170 pages or so. I lent mine out -- I bought it twice -- but they never came back. I will buy a third copy and keep it safe. The book is a lecture, really, taken down from start to finish, and you can see it on You Tube, but to get the most from this book, I urge you to buy it and read it and keep it by your bedside and study it like your life depended upon it.

I can assure you that 'something' in you will wake up. It might happen the same day, it might happen a few weeks later, it might take a year or so, but when it does you will find yourself in a space where it will become impossible for you to write a post like you did here. You will laugh at it. You will look at yourself and say: "I can't believe I even took the time to write that."

Please . . . buy it.

Best wishes

- Peter
 Nicetyy
Msg: 77
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 2/27/2016 8:34:54 AM
Wonder if Joy will come in to give his side of the story
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 78
view profile
History
be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 3/8/2016 8:42:43 PM
Marrakech7

show me where I have tarred ALL men with the same brush in ALL my posts. Talk about generalising.
pot kettle black.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > be careful of JOY2678